Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Where can I buy Dawnshard, not finding it on amazon or anywhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Kickstarter backers only for now. Should be up on the ebook sites in a couple of days.

Leng
May 13, 2006

One song / Glory
One song before I go / Glory
One song to leave behind

No other road
No other way
No day but today
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I just binged Dawnshard and AHHHHHHHHHHHH yes complete Cosmere massive massive payoffs galore wowzers.

I can't even be coherent.

:laffo: at the Lopen's Third Ideal

Huio is a freaking genius. I'm now hoping for a Navani/Rushu/Huio collab to revive the Sibling resulting in Bondsmith Navani. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

NOW WE KNOW WHAT THE DAWNSHARDS WERE!!! And how Adonalsium was killed. And no wonder Hoid is the way he is, he was a freaking Dawnshard himself. Does this mean Rysn is gonna be important for the Cosmere endgame? With full grown Chiri-Chiri? SO AWESOME.

Also in non-spoiler content, I recently reread Edgedancer and laughed at the post-script:

quote:

The original plan for this novella was for it to be 18,000 words. It ended up at around 40,000. Ah well. That just happens sometimes. (Particularly when you are me.)

Dawnshard was planned at 30k words and ended up at 57k words.

Two data points is enough for a trend line, so surely this means the Rock novella planned between Rhythm of War and the as-yet unnamed but probably KoW for Book 5 will just be a straight up novel coming in at 85-90k words. And Rock is cool and good, so that is just pancakes.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Wax & Wayne was supposed to be one book, now it's a 4 book series. The trend has been clear for a long time now.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Stoked for Dawnshard. GIVE BOOK

Leng posted:

The correct term is "Sanderlanche"! :eng101:
I love finding Sanderlanches in other books too now, like Wintersteel (Cradle #8).

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
And the best part is despite all these extra tens of thousands of words Sanderson still hits his deadlines and milestones.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Democratic Pirate posted:

It’s taking a lot of self control not to click on those Dawnshard spoilers.

Yeah it's worse than holding off on Rhythm of War spoilers.

Guess I'll grab it next week, read through it before Rhythm, then dive in to Rhythm since saving it for reading over Thanksgiving just isn't going to happen.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
When is Dawnshard coming out for non-backers exactly? Come on, Brandon, take my money!!

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I don’t think there’s a guaranteed date yet but most books come out on Tuesdays so I would guess then.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Leng posted:

NOW WE KNOW WHAT THE DAWNSHARDS WERE!!! And how Adonalsium was killed. And no wonder Hoid is the way he is, he was a freaking Dawnshard himself. Does this mean Rysn is gonna be important for the Cosmere endgame? With full grown Chiri-Chiri? SO AWESOME.

We know so much more about them but still barely anything, I think we'll find out more about them in the second half of SLA, and won't find out about their actual use on Adonalsium until Dragonsteel

MildShow posted:

I assume there are four Dawnshards, and that there are four Shards for each Dawnshard? How do Dawnshards compare to their respective Shards, particularly in terms of power? Who are those the Sleepless are fighting against? I get the feeling they’re at a scope even greater than Odium, or at the very least separate from him.

There’s always another secret, indeed.

My guess is that there are 4, and each one has the 'intent' of 4 current shards (albeit less specific). I think the dawnshards are where they got the idea but decided to break each of those intents into further subgroups. It seems like they're the 'intent' part of the shard, that often eventually effects the bearer. Part of a fundamental force of the Cosmere. I think they figured if they broke Adonalsium apart the same way they could take the Command/Intent part and the power as well and become gods

Skuzal
Oct 21, 2008

big mean giraffe posted:

My guess is that there are 4, and each one has the 'intent' of 4 current shards (albeit less specific). I think the dawnshards are where they got the idea but decided to break each of those intents into further subgroups. It seems like they're the 'intent' part of the shard, that often eventually effects the bearer. Part of a fundamental force of the Cosmere. I think they figured if they broke Adonalsium apart the same way they could take the Command/Intent part and the power as well and become gods

Big end of Dawnshard Spoilers :

I think that when Adonalsium was cracked apart by the Dawnshards, each of the resulting shards was then split again and so there were 16 total shards that resulted from that, where 4 of the shards share a similar Intent but taken a different way, an example would be Cultivation and Ruin, both of those shards seek change but accomplish it in differing manners. Considering that at least with Mistborns magic there are 4 groupings of 4, I think its likely that among the shards, each is similarly split into a group with each Dawnshard representing that group as a whole.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Skuzal posted:

Big end of Dawnshard Spoilers :

I think that when Adonalsium was cracked apart by the Dawnshards, each of the resulting shards was then split again and so there were 16 total shards that resulted from that, where 4 of the shards share a similar Intent but taken a different way, an example would be Cultivation and Ruin, both of those shards seek change but accomplish it in differing manners. Considering that at least with Mistborns magic there are 4 groupings of 4, I think its likely that among the shards, each is similarly split into a group with each Dawnshard representing that group as a whole.

I agree, that's pretty much what I meant if that wasn't clear, sorry.

Skuzal
Oct 21, 2008

big mean giraffe posted:

I agree, that's pretty much what I meant if that wasn't clear, sorry.

Oh no you are all good, I just wanted to elaborate on what you had said.

More Dawnshard spoilers:

I also wonder since we know that Odium is responsible for the splintering of other shards, including Honor, if he at some point also held a Dawnshard in order to accomplish that task. Or if he even still does. Since at least from Preservation and Ruin we know that in order for one to kill the other, it resulted in its own death so Odium needs to have some sort of greater power behind him in order to accomplish the splintering of other shards.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
Does anyone have a suggestion for some sort of reading companion for the Stormlight Archive? I’ve read the books a couple times and want to reread again but with something that would help point out foreshadowing or explain some things or maybe have notes with Sanderson’s comments he had made outside of the books.

Does anything like this exist?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I believe there is a refresher on Tor if that is what you are after

Jorenko
Jun 6, 2004

I think you're just mad 'cause you're single.
Earlier this year, Tor.com finished a reread with chapter summaries and commentary of all 3 books. Start here if you want all that: https://www.tor.com/features/series/the-way-of-kings-reread-on-torcom/

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Oh gently caress. Marsh is going to betray Kelsier isn’t he? Or marsh is already dead and this is a trap

eszett engma
May 7, 2013
Dawnshard headcanon: Chiri-Chiri bonded a member of some mandra rancher's herd; Chiri-Chiri is a cattle rustler.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Man.. I wish we had separate threads for dawnshard/rhythm of war spoilers vs mistborn read-through spoilers.. I'm going to burn myself clicking on the wrong spoiler

Yeroc2
Aug 13, 2003

"The glow is the combination of all your past lives, focusing their energy through your body."
Grimey Drawer

eszett engma posted:

Dawnshard headcanon: Chiri-Chiri bonded a member of some mandra rancher's herd; Chiri-Chiri is a cattle rustler.

Now that you mention that I just realized the mandra's 'dropping' that the Honorspren complained about in Oathbringer is one of the mandra's bonding with some sort of greatshell to allow them to grow big.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Was not expecting to get an Elond POV chapter.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Mordiceius posted:

Was not expecting to get an Elond POV chapter.

Keep em coming

Edit: I saw brandon talking on reddit about a lightweaver with face blindness and how fascinating it would be, and now I want to see that so bad.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Skuzal posted:

Oh no you are all good, I just wanted to elaborate on what you had said.

More Dawnshard spoilers:

I also wonder since we know that Odium is responsible for the splintering of other shards, including Honor, if he at some point also held a Dawnshard in order to accomplish that task. Or if he even still does. Since at least from Preservation and Ruin we know that in order for one to kill the other, it resulted in its own death so Odium needs to have some sort of greater power behind him in order to accomplish the splintering of other shards.

WOB confirms it's RELATED to the way dawnshards were used to shatter Adonalsium but not the same. Definitely gave him the idea though.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I think I know one of the twists. The Lord Ruler is Rashik, isn’t he? I don’t know what bearing this has on the story but this is my current guess.

Leng
May 13, 2006

One song / Glory
One song before I go / Glory
One song to leave behind

No other road
No other way
No day but today

Mordiceius posted:

I think I know one of the twists. The Lord Ruler is Rashik, isn’t he? I don’t know what bearing this has on the story but this is my current guess.

You are a very astute reader and I love reading your reactions.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Leng posted:

You are a very astute reader and I love reading your reactions.

I appreciate it. I attribute it more to Sanderson’s writing not being tricky for the sake of being tricky. People don’t just immediately change personalities. So when you have a journal where two characters are featured - one humble, one who believes in superiority/domination/extermination, there are only so many conclusion to draw.

People act how you could reasonably expect them to. Maybe it makes it easier to “solve” the story, maybe not. I really like his writing though because it doesn’t feel like he’s ever trying to intentionally deceive the reader.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

I appreciate it. I attribute it more to Sanderson’s writing not being tricky for the sake of being tricky. People don’t just immediately change personalities. So when you have a journal where two characters are featured - one humble, one who believes in superiority/domination/extermination, there are only so many conclusion to draw.

People act how you could reasonably expect them to. Maybe it makes it easier to “solve” the story, maybe not. I really like his writing though because it doesn’t feel like he’s ever trying to intentionally deceive the reader.

Have no fear, there are in fact a good number of surprises that Sanderson does a good job of hiding deep in the text. There are passages in book 1 that won’t reveal their relevance until the back half of book 3.

Also, fuuuuuuck I need Dawnshard now!!!

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
There are layers upon layers of hidden/secret stuff. There are some parts of books 1-3 that didn't fully make sense until mistborn: secret history (Mordiceius, if you're in book 1 now then I think secret history is like... Book 6 or 7, because it also contains spoilers for era 2 of mistborn.)

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Lobsterpillar posted:

There are layers upon layers of hidden/secret stuff. There are some parts of books 1-3 that didn't fully make sense until mistborn: secret history (Mordiceius, if you're in book 1 now then I think secret history is like... Book 6 or 7, because it also contains spoilers for era 2 of mistborn.)

Yeah. That totally makes sense. I just meant that with regard to the main plot for this book, it doesn't feel like he's being intentionally deceptive toward the reader. Compare to something like a Dan Brown book where the books often intentionally deceive you. With Sanderson, I feel like is giving you all the pieces, and whether you can fit those pieces together before the story does, then good on you.

I feel like it's a much more satisfying reading experience.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

dawnshard spoilers:

so: dawnshard + dustbringer = shattered plains, right? and probably the same + stoneward = building the windblades and giant rock formations of the Dawn Cities.

it all makes a lot of sense if knights radiant have wielded them in the past and can use them as basically the cosmere version of super-powered sa'angreal, where they're amazing tools but also the wrong person getting hold of them can have potentially planet-destroying effects (and thus Rysn swearing to not bond a spren)

definitely wondering if Nohadon ever wielded one, and whether doing that might make you more likely than an average person to be a cognitive shadow, especially considering the lasting effects it seems to have had on Hoid and the general tendency in the Cosmere of people who picked up divine powers sticking around when they should be dead

lastly: Cord saying that the spren blessed her when they were swimming, just like they'd done her father -- might this be the Old Magic we've heard so vaguely alluded to? some pre- Honor-And-Cultivation system largely fallen by the wayside or kept very quiet by those who know about it, probably associated with the sibling?

eke out fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Nov 7, 2020

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

eke out posted:

dawnshard spoilers:

lastly: Cord saying that the spren blessed her when they were swimming, just like they'd done her father -- might this be the Old Magic we've heard so vaguely alluded to? some pre- Honor-And-Cultivation system largely fallen by the wayside or kept very quiet by those who know about it, probably associated with the sibling?

It's Cultivation's perpendicularity, so I was assuming it had something to do with her. Or, what with horneaters being another human-singer hybrid, a different mix of honour and cultivation or a different interaction with the magic system to the two species. I wouldn't really be all that surprised if they have gemhearts of a sort. I think there could be some very weird shenanigans if/when Cord bonds a spren.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I got a Brandon Sanderson response on Reddit so my life is complete.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Dawnshard was so good.
I really like the nods about vivid colors and things sounding musical because obviously if the Dawnshard was related to command, it goes straight back to Warbreaker and how there is a ton of connections to that novel coming directly into Stormligh Archive.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
Spoiler free reviews of Rhythm of War are starting to appear on Youtube from advanced copy readers.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

quote:

The original trilogy was the first in what Sanderson used to call a "trilogy of trilogies." The original second trilogy was to be set in an urban setting, featuring modern technology, and the third trilogy was to be a science fiction series, set in the far future.[2] However, this structure changed with the release of The Alloy of Law, which began a new series set between the original trilogy and the planned second trilogy. After some confusion, Sanderson decided to refer to the overall series in terms of four eras, with Era 1 being the original trilogy, Era 2 being the four books starting with The Alloy of Law, and Eras 3 and 4 being the other originally planned trilogies.[48] Era 2 consists of The Alloy of Law, Shadows of Self, The Bands of Mourning, and a forthcoming book.[49] Sanderson announced in July 2020 that he will begin writing this fourth book of Era 2, Mistborn: The Lost Metal, in January 2021.[50]

There is no scheduled release date for the contemporary trilogy or the science fiction trilogy.[2]

I just wanted to say that Sanderson is a madman.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Wow, congrats, RC Cola! I'm happy for you :)

Mordiceius is listening to the audio books, and I think that makes "consuming" Mistborn (or any book) a radically different experience from reading them. When the books come out, I immediately devour them in basically one or two days, skimming over portions I deem "not that important/not that interesting". I can't help myself, I need to experience the whole book. Then I usually immediately start a reread, where I take a week or two to thoroughly read every single word. But that first experience of the book is like watching a film in cinema. I'm so immersed in the story that I cannot stop to really think about things as they happen.

I reckon that listening to audiobooks, an hour or two at a time, is more like watching a highly serialized television show, where one episode comes out each week. You have time to think about everything, making it easier to catch foreshadowing, or noticing inconsistencies in character's behavior that make you suspicious. Not to take away from Mordiceius' ability to recognize who the Lord Ruler really is, that's still quite a feat. And it may be that the audiobook speaker(s) make it unintentionally easier to recognize such things.

Mistborn 3 spoilers: Is it easier to tell who authors the epigraphs of Hero of Ages in the audiobook? I wonder if Mordiceius will catch on to that, too. Also, this reminded me of Mat unconsciously speaking the Old Tongue in WoT. You could tell when his syntax changed, even if the text did not immediately reveal this fact. Similarly, you can tell who wrote those epigraphs if you really paid attention, even if it's only really revealed in the final chapters.

So I'm curious, for those who switched from reading to listening to the audiobooks (or the other way around), how different is the experience?

Dawnshard spoilers: I also immediately thought of Ruin when the Command of the Dawnshard was revealed to be CHANGE. Ruin himself claimed to represent change in contrast to Preservation's stasis. But that also brings me to Odium, who claims to not merely being hate, but being passion. Which makes me wonder, is there a PASSION Dawnshard? Because Devotion for example has often been translated by the fandom as Love, which is a very passionate emotion. Passion as the Dawnshard from which both Odium and Devotion come would make sense to me.

And I think Ambition would fit well under the Change label, together with the already mentioned Ruin and Cultivation. And from which kind of command could Preservation come? Protect perhaps? And notice that Honor himself says to Dalinar that he doesn't know how they can win against Odium "without the Dawnshards", plural. Could a Protect or Preserve or Conserve Dawnshard have been used by Honor to imprison Odium on Roshar? And I like the theory of Dustbringer + Dawnshard = Shattered Plains, this would explain why Rysn mustn't bind a spren. But what could for example the Herald of the Almighty, Binder of Gods, do with a Dawnshard? Create a binding pact that traps Fused on Braize? Force binding oaths on spren to control how they grant powers to humans? This would explain a lot...

And as others have noted, the similarity to Nalthian investiture is striking. Could Endowment also have been part of the Change Dawnshard group originally? Or is her magic just naturally closer to the powers of at least this Dawnshard?

Other random observations: I'm now convinced that Larkin can eat all forms of investiture, otherwise they would be poor defenders of the Dawnshards.

So there might be one Dustbringer who is more trustworthy than the others, I hope we see them in Rhythm of War.

Arclo is something of a renegade, but described as less dangerous than the "true traitors". So are there Sleepless working for Odium??

I also found this exchange super remarkable:

Oldest Sleepless: "I like the Bondless, for example, though I know he will destroy us."
Sleepless 2: "He will not. He has made the decision of Honor."
Oldest Sleepness: "That is why he will destroy us. He is more dangerous now, not less."

Which brings me to this death rattle, uttered by the King of Jah Kehved in the presence of Taravangian himself, making it extra special: "So the night will reign, for the choice of honor is life..." Perhaps it should read "for the choice of Honor is life"? And in light of what the Sleepness are saying, this death rattle to me rocketed to the top of most significant death rattles. And being connected to Dalinar... would Dalinar agree to certain terms with Odium in order to save human life on Roshar? Something that would make the night reign? I could hardly be more excited, this is super intriguing.

The Lopen was still awesome. I quite liked his third oath. But I also really appreciated seeing more of Huio!

Overall, I really enjoyed the book. What I didn't enjoy was the way I had to get it. In my youth I played Secret of Mana 2, even though it never got a release outside of Japan. I read some books which came out in Germany weeks after they came out in the US and UK, but I certainly didn't wait those weeks. I thought those days were over, but I watched Star Trek: Lower Decks, which for some reason hasn't been released in Germany, not even the English version. I simply don't get why those companies don't want my money. And even though the situation with Dawnshard is slightly different, I strongly object to having to pay extra to read books earlier than the "common" people. And I'm the Sanderson whale who buys all his books both in physical format, because I prefer leisurely reading "real" books, and in e-book format, simply for the convenience of easy ctrl+f searching when I want to check theories. But I'm not paying extra to not having to wait for a book's "second" release. gently caress this, and gently caress Sanderson that I had to spend more than an hour to find out where I could get a hold of that book, I thought those times where over. This is really not okay.

Subvisual Haze posted:

Spoiler free reviews of Rhythm of War are starting to appear on Youtube from advanced copy readers.

I just saw this, too. Suddenly there's Daniel Greene with a Rhythm of War review, and I'm immediately jealous!

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 7, 2020

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The reason the general audience release is on Mondayish is because Amazon and the other ebook sellers take a few days time to process it. There wasn't any deliberate delays, the kickstarter folks just got it earlier because they didn't have that last hurdle.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Torrannor posted:

Dawnshard spoilers: I also immediately thought of Ruin when the Command of the Dawnshard was revealed to be CHANGE. Ruin himself claimed to represent change in contrast to Preservation's stasis. But that also brings me to Odium, who claims to not merely being hate, but being passion. Which makes me wonder, is there a PASSION Dawnshard? Because Devotion for example has often been translated by the fandom as Love, which is a very passionate emotion. Passion as the Dawnshard from which both Odium and Devotion come would make sense to me.

And I think Ambition would fit well under the Change label, together with the already mentioned Ruin and Cultivation. And from which kind of command could Preservation come? Protect perhaps? And notice that Honor himself says to Dalinar that he doesn't know how they can win against Odium "without the Dawnshards", plural. Could a Protect or Preserve or Conserve Dawnshard have been used by Honor to imprison Odium on Roshar? And I like the theory of Dustbringer + Dawnshard = Shattered Plains, this would explain why Rysn mustn't bind a spren. But what could for example the Herald of the Almighty, Binder of Gods, do with a Dawnshard? Create a binding pact that traps Fused on Braize? Force binding oaths on spren to control how they grant powers to humans? This would explain a lot...

And as others have noted, the similarity to Nalthian investiture is striking. Could Endowment also have been part of the Change Dawnshard group originally? Or is her magic just naturally closer to the powers of at least this Dawnshard?

Re: Heightening -- there's a WOB on reddit now basically saying this is just a function of having that much investiture, or something along those lines, it's not technically her getting the same kind of magic. Might have something to do with how, like Breaths, being a Dawnshard is a part of you indefinitely, rather than a temporary thing you hold while you consume stormlight or burn metal.

And yeah, I think it makes how the initial Oathpact and Heralds were created a LOT more understandable. We may not know exactly what Dawnshard he used, but that + Honor's first Bondsmith probably could do things like make people immortal. Similarly, it makes a lot more sense how whatever he did was so powerful it bound Odium there too.

my guess about other Dawnshards is that they're more "primal" and less specific than things like "Passion" -- to rip off one of the people on 17th shard, something like CREATE/DESTROY or UNITE/DIVIDE and CHANGE/REMAIN. but seems like for now, all we can clearly say is that Rysn's Change exists (and would likely explain Ruin and Cultivation, plus potentially others like Endowment or Ambition or Autonomy, but I'm less sure about those) and that there's one that's Preservation or Stasis-oriented that's left Hoid some combination of immortal, almostly totally unkillable, and unable-to-kill.

also i have no idea how Dominion and Devotion would fit into this. it'd all be a lot easier if we actually knew what the remaining Shards were lol

eke out fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Nov 7, 2020

Yeroc2
Aug 13, 2003

"The glow is the combination of all your past lives, focusing their energy through your body."
Grimey Drawer

eke out posted:

Re: Heightening -- there's a WOB on reddit now basically saying this is just a function of having that much investiture, or something along those lines, it's not technically her getting the same kind of magic. Might have something to do with how, like Breaths, being a Dawnshard is a part of you indefinitely, rather than a temporary thing you hold while you consume stormlight or burn metal.

And yeah, I think it makes how the initial Oathpact and Heralds were created a LOT more understandable. We may not know exactly what Dawnshard he used, but that + Honor's first Bondsmith probably could do things like make people immortal. Similarly, it makes a lot more sense how whatever he did was so powerful it bound Odium there too.

my guess about other Dawnshards is that they're more "primal" and less specific than things like "Passion" -- to rip off one of the people on 17th shard, something like CREATE/DESTROY or UNITE/DIVIDE and CHANGE/REMAIN. but seems like for now, all we can clearly say is that Rysn's Change exists (and would likely explain Ruin and Cultivation, plus potentially others like Endowment or Ambition or Autonomy, but I'm less sure about those) and that there's one that's Preservation or Stasis-oriented that's left Hoid some combination of immortal, almostly totally unkillable, and unable-to-kill.

also i have no idea how Dominion and Devotion would fit into this. it'd all be a lot easier if we actually knew what the remaining Shards were lol

Continuing Dawnshard spoiler:

All the Dawnshards are commands, so people are theorizing the "UNITE" Dalinar keeps hearing is another Dawnshard. In my head you can put Dominion and Devotion under UNITE, and possibly also Honor. For CHANGE it's Cultivation, Ruin, and Endowment. I feel like Autonomy, Ambition, and Preservation are another grouping but I don't know what that command would be, maybe SURVIVE or something similar. Which puts Odium on his own and might be something like FEEL?

The UNITE Dawnshard could also be how Odium was trapped. He has to stay united with Honor and Cultivation.

I look forward to learning a new shard intent and watching all the discussion on which Dawnshard they're grouped under.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
So was Adonalasium one person that held 16 shards? Or was it one piece of power that they used the 4 Dawnshards to split into 16 pieces.

Does Odium still have access to a Dawnshard? Is that how he is Splintering shards into smaller pieces?

Did Honour have a Dawnshard which was “Unite Them”? Is that part of why Odium is still hanging around, because that Dawnshard could start putting things together again?