Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

My favorite D2 raids are Crown of Sorrow and SotP because even with brand new people you can finish it without taking 3 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Crown of Sorrow

Brand new people

finish it without taking 3 hours

Lie detected

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Psycho Landlord posted:

Counterpoint: Legit Riven is the peak of Destiny content and the only fun final raid boss in the D2 raid line up

Countercounterpoint: it was a fantastic fight... once

(mind I haven't seen a single piece of content from about Season of the Forge onward)

(e: also mind that i'd still love to do the Vault encounter again so i may be diseased)

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Nov 7, 2020

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

All my guardians are at 750 lightpower; I'm torn between Warlock & Titan going forward (or, at least, first). Space Wizard & Space Linebacker are both aesthetics I really get in to

anglachel
May 28, 2012
Vault encounter has amazing music design and i wish more raid encounters did what Vault does in its last phase. The sound design has gone to hot garbage and i wonder what happened.

Also i think everyones light is getting pushed to 1050 when beyond light come out

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I'm actually really excited to see the DSC aesthetic beyond the snippets we've been seeing. If the Beyond Light CE and ARG are any indicators it's going to be batshit crazy and I'm all in for it.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

All my guardians are at 750 lightpower; I'm torn between Warlock & Titan going forward (or, at least, first). Space Wizard & Space Linebacker are both aesthetics I really get in to

fwiw everything will be bumped to 1050 at the start of the expansion.

Warlock owns imo. I started the original game as titan to pick the one my friends didnt but switched to Warlock by the time Warmind rolled around and have been sticking to it primarily since.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

anglachel posted:

Vault encounter has amazing music design and i wish more raid encounters did what Vault does in its last phase. The sound design has gone to hot garbage and i wonder what happened.

Also i think everyones light is getting pushed to 1050 when beyond light come out

so it doesn't matter at all if i gear up or not, then?

(e) ah yep there ya go. eh well no harm in derping about a bit this weekend anyway

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

anglachel posted:

The sound design has gone to hot garbage and i wonder what happened.

say what now?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

so it doesn't matter at all if i gear up or not, then?

(e) ah yep there ya go. eh well no harm in derping about a bit this weekend anyway

Yeah, by all means have some fun, but definitely don't focus on getting light up. You got like today and tomorrow and I think monday is a long maintenece so stuff is ready on Tues?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The game has a small patch Monday at 4 pm pacific and then goes offline at 7pm pacific, so many suspect there's a little event to experience at the tower in that window

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm going to miss Hammerhead. I'm going to miss the weight and look. I'm going to miss the satisfying dakkadakka. I'm going to miss the little glowy waves from Obsidian Radiance even though it's useless outside forges.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
The hopes and dreams of those of us who liked the Black Armoury activities and weapons (or pretty much anything else that is being vaulted) is that it will return updated for a later season before being cycled back out again.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Black Armory weapons are absolutely my favorite aesthetic, and the obsidian radiance makes them look so much cooler. Kinda wish they kept that going forward.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

I'm going to miss Hammerhead. I'm going to miss the weight and look. I'm going to miss the satisfying dakkadakka. I'm going to miss the little glowy waves from Obsidian Radiance even though it's useless outside forges.

Same. It's among few weapons I've actually tried hard to get a god `roll for. It's just so satisfiying to use and I've found too many other MGs less fun to use because they have too much kick/low accuracy.

BA aesthetics were great across the board, and I liked Blast Furnace and Ringing Nail quite a bit too.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Either they're adding a couple new machine guns next season or they are really planning on removing MGs from the game for a bit!

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Ringing Nail has really good sound design

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Either they're adding a couple new machine guns next season or they are really planning on removing MGs from the game for a bit!

I thought they deleted machine guns from the game when they nerfed the poo poo out of them and made swords the clear winner in every fight.

Same for grenade launchers and rocket launchers.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

There's an Europa machine gun, no idea if it's raid or something else. So there will be at least one non-exotic machine gun available for the next year of content :eng101:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Psycho Landlord posted:

Counterpoint: Legit Riven is the peak of Destiny content and the only fun final raid boss in the D2 raid line up

I've done Legit Riven exactly once. It was a really cool and thoughtfully designed boss fight, and I was very happy to have done it. It was also a very exhausting affair, and I would be very happy to never do Legit Riven a second time.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Ciaphas posted:

(e) Speaking of, I never actually bought into Shadowkeep - if I haven't by now is there even any reason to anymore? (besides said campaign itself)

The campaigns are fun to experience, but the real meat, in my opinion, is the raids and exotics. I wouldn't buy Skeep or Forsaken at full price, but if they are on sale (they got on sale extremely regularly for deep discounts), I would snap them up.

In Forsaken, you get 1kv, Anarchy, Thorn, and a variety of other extremely important exotics to have.

In Shadowkeep, there is Xenophage (which is the Boss Damage de Jure gun for the last year), Eriana's, Divinity, and a variety of other guns that are extremely good.

Both raids that come with Forsaken and Skeep are very fun to raid, and worth doing.

Like I said, buy 'em when they are on sale

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

RocketRaygun posted:

The campaigns are fun to experience, but the real meat, in my opinion, is the raids and exotics. I wouldn't buy Skeep or Forsaken at full price, but if they are on sale (they got on sale extremely regularly for deep discounts), I would snap them up.

In Forsaken, you get 1kv, Anarchy, Thorn, and a variety of other extremely important exotics to have.

In Shadowkeep, there is Xenophage (which is the Boss Damage de Jure gun for the last year), Eriana's, Divinity, and a variety of other guns that are extremely good.

Both raids that come with Forsaken and Skeep are very fun to raid, and worth doing.

Like I said, buy 'em when they are on sale
You're close. A few of those aren't included.

Forsaken gave you:
Raid weapons (1360 LL max this season, not sure what the cap changes to for next season if you run it. Higher LL cap, I think?):
- 1kv: Raid exotic from doing Last Wish. Random drop at the end, may require additional runs.
- Supremacy: Excellent kinetic rapid frame sniper rifle
- Nation of Beasts: Capable of a curated roll with outlaw/dragonfly, but also outlaw/kc, outlaw/rampage. Good all around handcannon in an archetype that's getting buffed next season.
- Other Raid Weapons: Some of these can be quite good with certain rolls, but I'm not exactly losing my mind about how good they might be. You can check light.gg's rolls for last wish raid weapons here: https://www.light.gg/db/new-items/season/4/last-wish/
Random/questline exotics:
- Wish Ender (Quest): Wallhacks, overpenetrating arrows. rear end draw time.
- Ace of Spades (Quest): Decent PvP handcannon. Have to wait and see when it comes to archetype changes
- Chaperone (Quest): Best slug shotgun, hands-down
- Lord of Wolves (Random): Low-key one of the most damaging shotgun options, functions more as a burst pulse rifle than an actual shotgun. Absolutely terrifying in PvP for a long, long time.
- Wavesplitter (Random): It's a trace rifle that was a PS4 exclusive on launch. Not exactly the most useful thing.
- Trinity Ghoul (Random): With a recent catalyst that changes its functionality slightly, this is a stupidly good red-bar clearing weapon
- Cerberus+1 (Random): It's a shotgun/auto rifle hybrid. I never really liked the gun that much, but with champion mods moving to armor, this may get some functionality if autos get a champion mod.

Anarchy comes from Scourge of the Past, it'll be available in the Vaulted Exotic Kiosk in the tower. Similarly, Thorn is from Season of the Drifter, so it'll be in that kiosk too.

Shadowkeep gave you:
Raid Weapons:
- Sacred Provenance: The only surviving aggressive frame (4 shot) pulse rifle leading into Beyond Light. Incredibly good perk rolls (rapid hit/kill clip, outlaw/kill clip)
- Ancient Gospel: The solar Nation of Beasts. This can roll rapid hit or outlaw as a reload perk, and dragonfly/swashbuckler/kill clip as damage perks
- Omniscient Eye: Solar Rapid-Frame Sniper Rifle. Good for PvP, though with sniper changes along with there being an incredible number of choices, this doesn't really shine as brightly as it could.
- Other raid weapons: 720 void autorifle, arc precision frame (non slug) shotgun, precision frame bow, void fusion rifle.
Random/Questline Exotics:
- Divinity (Questline): One of the most useful exotics for dealing with champions in the game, it practically defines the LFG meta for high level ordeals.
- Deathbringer (Questline): A surprisingly good rocket launcher, and with reserves being buffed, it may actually become a competitive option.
- Xenophage (Questline): An incredibly good machinegun, functions like an autocannon. An option in high level content for boss damage.
- Monte Carlo (Random): Melee synergy autorifle. More damage (and reload) for melee kills, kills/hits with the weapon recharge your melee attack.

Erianas and Leviathan's Breath came from the season of undying pass - those will be available in the Kiosk, as they are available from Rahool at this time.

I can't confirm whether or not random drop exotics from Forsaken/SKeep are available to F2P players - maybe someone else here would know?

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Sestze posted:

I can't confirm whether or not random drop exotics from Forsaken/SKeep are available to F2P players - maybe someone else here would know?

I'm pretty sure none of them EXCEPT

Lord of Wolves.

My theory about LoW is that because it is a "Exotic engrams; extremely rare world drops" that can is also(only?) rewarded from Spider's Bounty Hunts, which F2P players do have access to, F2P players can get it.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

ah, yeah, i wasn't going into full detail, just hitting the cliffnotes and meta guns worth having.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

why don't any of our sparrows have guns, anyway :mad:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is it worth getting Shadowkeep if I get back in with Beyond Light or was it not much of anything? Looks like it's 35 bucks still

xzzy posted:

I thought they deleted machine guns from the game when they nerfed the poo poo out of them and made swords the clear winner in every fight.

Same for grenade launchers and rocket launchers.

Rip Thunderlord, still my favorite gun :(

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

so us everything caping at 1050 and ill need to get exotics and poo poo over again?

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

RBA Starblade posted:

Is it worth getting Shadowkeep if I get back in with Beyond Light or was it not much of anything? Looks like it's 35 bucks still

I suspect a steam sale within the next week or two. Pick it up then!

It's worth having if you enjoy the game, I just wouldn't spend full price on it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

RocketRaygun posted:

I suspect a steam sale within the next week or two. Pick it up then!

It's worth having if you enjoy the game, I just wouldn't spend full price on it.

Thanks, I'll wait then!

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Yeah. There will be plenty to do starting Tuesday, and if you have BL then you wont have much to worry about. Skeep and forsaken would be good things to run through when the content lulls a bit.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

why don't any of our sparrows have guns, anyway :mad:

SRL with tandem sparrows, and instead of just a race now it's a race where your copilot has enhanced ability regen.

Like Halo's rocket race with Destiny space magic. gently caress yeah tossing a nova bomb off a bike.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

wiegieman posted:

Lie detected

You can totally carry a brand new noob through CoS, I’d just make sure to be paired with them for phase 1 thunderdomes with a Lumina to keep them alive and then everything else is pretty straightforward

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

lol that Rasputin instantly got owned, again

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Haven't played since ShadowKeep, anything I should be picking up this weekend?

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

queeb posted:

so us everything caping at 1050 and ill need to get exotics and poo poo over again?
no, exotics have no LL cap. Each item you've received so far has a lightlevel cap associated with it, if you open the item's info with RMB, you can read the max LL it can infuse to.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

We had a Crown run like two weeks ago where myself and two other people were new, and we one shotted every encounter. It's not bad if you have one competent person who knows to prompt people appropriately, like "Dogs get ready to punch" and such.

Good sherpa-ing is a difficult art and incredibly effective.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Thanks to goons for the Prophecy run! Got Forerunner, and now have a title for each character and never have to care about getting any other ones ever again

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Baby Proof posted:

Get Traveler's Chosen from the exotic quest from Zavala. You don't need the season pass for it.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Baby Proof posted:

I posted this a few pages back:

0) Get (and hold onto) the exotic cypher from Mars.
1) Traveler's Chosen quest (evacuation, from Zavala)
2) Ruinous Effigy and Catalyst
3) Get to level 35 on the seasonal track for guillotine
4) Rat King from Titan, Sleeper/PLance from Mars
5) Telesto Catalyst from Prestige Eater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
lol, I'd never seen a hacker in PvP before and noticed, but I'm playing Mayhem and there's some guy who just unloads an entire sidearm clip at once and its the funniest thing in the world

i guess it's good he's playing mayhem and not, like, trials??