Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

ME1 will still play like hot garbage, don't you worry.

Can’t wait to sort through the worst inventory system again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
What, people expect actual gameplay changes from remaster editions?

When has that even been a thing in the recent past?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Yami Fenrir posted:

Mafia 1 (unless I’m being dense and :thejoke:)

Not that I’m expecting anything even slightly on that level, I’ll be shocked if it’s more than just improved graphics and maybe stable 60fps if we’re lucky

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I’ll give ME1 this at least: It has a crouch button.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

AOE 2, C&C

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Artelier posted:

Currently eyeing Amazing Cultivation Simulator but I can't quite grasp what the gameplay is like...it looks vaguely like...Dungeon Keeper?
You can wage combat with other people/animals/dragons, by throwing weaponized poo poo at them very hard and that poo poo will also collide into other objects going at mach 10 to protect you from harm. Furthermore, because of elemental resistances, it may be better to use poo poo as a weapon than swords that create floods.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Kibayasu posted:

I’ll give ME1 this at least: It has a crouch button.
What if they stick the obviously best gameplay of 3 in the obviously best plotline of 1?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Infinite Karma posted:

What if they stick the obviously best gameplay of 3 in the obviously best plotline of 1?

They aren’t going to make what amounts to a brand new game.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Fallom posted:

AOE 2, C&C

What he said. AOE 2 doubled as a remaster and the next expansion

C&C did use the old code, which is why your own harvesters can still be your greatest enemy, but they are still doing changes. So Remasters CAN have new stuff, it just depends on the company.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I fuckin loved the ME3 multiplayer so I hope this brings people back into it because I would love to get into that again.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
I suppose.

Considering how many games are being "remastered" these days, only having 3 examples still feels rather pitiful.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

explosivo posted:

I fuckin loved the ME3 multiplayer so I hope this brings people back into it because I would love to get into that again.

I think they said they’re not doing mp for this remake which is a bit of a bummer, because even the original me3mp is still really fun

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ainsley McTree posted:

I think they said they’re not doing mp for this remake which is a bit of a bummer, because even the original me3mp is still really fun

aw goddamnit.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Does Code Vein have flashy fast movements and allow me to dodge cancel or is it like dark souls where a GTA protag starts using a sword, with all the concrete that entails?

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
ME1 and MEA are the best ones because they don't have stupid shared cooldowns.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Leal posted:

Does Code Vein have flashy fast movements and allow me to dodge cancel or is it like dark souls where a GTA protag starts using a sword, with all the concrete that entails?

Essentially the latter. Playing Marvelous' other game, God Eater 3, it is an extreme contrast.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Leal posted:

It tends more to the latter, but it's overall faster. The devs that made Code Vein also made the God Eater series, so if you're familiar with those games, you can probably spot the influences. The game is very much not a Devil May Cry style spectacle brawler, though.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I'm ready for that weird Yakuza JRPG now after finishing Kiwami 2: Everyone is a Secret Korean.

And remember kids:

Never bring a katana to a gunfight.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Morter posted:

Essentially the latter. Playing Marvelous' other game, God Eater 3, it is an extreme contrast.

Cardiovorax posted:

It tends more to the latter, but it's overall faster. The devs that made Code Vein also made the God Eater series, so if you're familiar with those games, you can probably spot the influences. The game is very much not a Devil May Cry style spectacle brawler, though.

Thats a shame, been itching for a fast moving dodge cancel fightmans game

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Fargin Icehole posted:

Any recommendations for Terminator: Resistance? I consider Terminator 2 to be one of the best movies of all time, and have disregarded every single sequel after that. Does this game do better with the source material than the sequels is what i'm asking basically.

If you like the first two terminators you’ll love it, it really feels like the movies in a lot of ways. Terminators are properly threatening and you’re scavenging and desperate. It’s a bit janky but if you like classic Terminator I can not recommend it enough.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Kibayasu posted:

Can’t wait to sort through the worst inventory system again.

I think it was ME2 criticism where I first saw the quote "what exactly about an inventory management system makes it a good role playing game?" when people argued it was a worse game for dropping the inventory UI from ME1.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I think most people were arguing that they eliminated the inventory entirely from ME2.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

lol no multiplayer :bioware:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Just got to a mission in Desperados III where one of your characters wakes up after a massive bender with no idea where he or the others could be, he has a price on his head for loving the sheriff's wife, and he's misplaced his usual bear trap so he takes a rake as a replacement. Game Good :clint:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Hwurmp posted:

Just got to a mission in Desperados III where one of your characters wakes up after a massive bender with no idea where he or the others could be, he has a price on his head for loving the sheriff's wife, and he's misplaced his usual bear trap so he takes a rake as a replacement. Game Good :clint:
Hector is just the best. :allears:

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Funky Valentine posted:

ME1 will still play like hot garbage, don't you worry.

I really wish they combined all games into one , used ue4, and changed systems to match me3

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’d love for ME1 and 2 to have proper controller support TBH.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

Leal posted:

Depends on your build, of course, but assuming you're using a quick mobility build with lighter weapons, then yes, it can be quite fast and cancellable. Though, obviously, that depends on your frame of reference: if you mean as fast as Hades combat with nano-second dodges and cancels, then no, but if you mean as fast as Bloodborne combat which is a bit lighter than Dark Souls, then yes.

Here's someone using a quick mobility build for bosses, maybe check out some of the early less-spoilery fights to get an impression https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVyAAjB_-_E

FutureCop fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Nov 7, 2020

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

There are also some skills that will let you upgrade to quick-dash on medium builds, so you're not limited to the just the lightest builds as long as you maintain your resources so you can keep the boost active. If I remember correctly I used a giant claymore and quick-dash for most of the second half of the game.

strategery posted:

I really wish they combined all games into one , used ue4, and changed systems to match me3

This might be a minority opinion, but since we're fantasizing I'd love Andromeda's jetpack.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Nov 7, 2020

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

The quickdash in Code Vein is pretty much literally the Old Hunter Bone dash from Bloodborne, so yeah, the game does get at least that fast.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

And received - thanks bud!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

FutureCop posted:

Depends on your build, of course, but assuming you're using a quick mobility build with lighter weapons, then yes, it can be quite fast and cancellable. Though, obviously, that depends on your frame of reference: if you mean as fast as Hades combat with nano-second dodges and cancels, then no, but if you mean as fast as Bloodborne combat which is a bit lighter than Dark Souls, then yes.

Here's someone using a quick mobility build for bosses, maybe check out some of the early less-spoilery fights to get an impression https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVyAAjB_-_E

Alright this spun me back around, gonna try it out after work tonight

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Someone explain me how the Humble Premium subscription works when done annually. If I subscribe for a year but only plan to get this month's bundle, can I immediately unsubscribe and get the rest of the money back?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Cardiovorax posted:

I dislike Mortal Shell, but Code Vein is fairly competent. The level design is utter garbage, though, to the point where one of them is so oversized and confusing to navigate that I literally gave up on the game when I couldn't find out how to actually get to next boss. That's something you'll need to learn to tolerate if you want to get very far in it.
Anime Londo is awful.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

Someone explain me how the Humble Premium subscription works when done annually. If I subscribe for a year but only plan to get this month's bundle, can I immediately unsubscribe and get the rest of the money back?
According to this Reddit thread it basically works like purchasing a year's worth of vouchers for monthly bundles in bulk. You start with twelve and use one every month. If you skip one, you will simply not use that month's bundle credit, so you basically get an extra month to pick from.

Zereth posted:

Anime Londo is awful.
Seriously, it's even worse that Blight Town in every conceivable way.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Ainsley McTree posted:

Mafia 1 (unless I’m being dense and :thejoke:)

Not that I’m expecting anything even slightly on that level, I’ll be shocked if it’s more than just improved graphics and maybe stable 60fps if we’re lucky

That was a remake not a remaster, different concept.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WirelessPillow posted:

That was a remake not a remaster, different concept.

Yeah and it was a really solid remake, I know they changed a bunch of things story wise people might not like, but I thought they really nailed it.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

If you like the first two terminators you’ll love it, it really feels like the movies in a lot of ways. Terminators are properly threatening and you’re scavenging and desperate. It’s a bit janky but if you like classic Terminator I can not recommend it enough.

The beginning of Terminator 2 really, really stuck with me when i first watched it as a kid. I think i'm going for it. Thank you.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Fargin Icehole posted:

The beginning of Terminator 2 really, really stuck with me when i first watched it as a kid. I think i'm going for it. Thank you.
I'd appreciate if you could report back in on how you ended up liking it, because I've been interested myself but I've also heard mostly bad things about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Cardiovorax posted:

According to this Reddit thread it basically works like purchasing a year's worth of vouchers for monthly bundles in bulk. You start with twelve and use one every month. If you skip one, you will simply not use that month's bundle credit, so you basically get an extra month to pick from.

Thanks! Good thing I didn't pull the plug.