Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
I'm finding season is tricky for dragoon because if you hit a dusk room you give a bunch of free reflect to whatever you fight in it... Not to mention the bosses seem to have gimmicks that interfere with your own. I found some event boss that looks like a floating ring that did nothing but pile barriers on itself and petrify you, and I couldn't end up damaging it fast enough to do any damage before I turned to stone. Guess I need to learn a second trick :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Dragoon Reflect is a very forgiving early game build that gets completely fuckin destroyed by almost anything outside of Labyrinth.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
My experience with buriedbornes is I completely lay waste to every enemy with a build and then suddenly I hit a level and the enemy one shots me.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

Push El Burrito posted:

My experience with buriedbornes is I completely lay waste to every enemy with a build and then suddenly I hit a level and the enemy one shots me.

Kind of reminds me of roguelikes like ToME and *band in that regard, especially enemies with modifiers / change rooms. Twelve hour run ended in a second to some brand new guy that looks like all the other guys?? shoulda known to get nexus resistance by this depth I guess :shrug: I wish the info that's out there on this game was a bit less scattershot/out-of-date so I can look up enemies and bosses and get a handle on their gimmicks easier.

Why do these sprites look so familiar...?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

GetDunked posted:

Kind of reminds me of roguelikes like ToME and *band in that regard, especially enemies with modifiers / change rooms. Twelve hour run ended in a second to some brand new guy that looks like all the other guys?? shoulda known to get nexus resistance by this depth I guess :shrug: I wish the info that's out there on this game was a bit less scattershot/out-of-date so I can look up enemies and bosses and get a handle on their gimmicks easier.

Why do these sprites look so familiar...?

Yeah for Tome you have to inspect every elite unit. They are just given randomized character class skills. 9 times out of 10 the elite is terrible and die easy. But heaven help you if they the right skill sets. Since the elite are not restricted to just a single class they can get synergies that the character could only dream of.

It is a great game but man that system needs work.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Buriedbones.
How do I get shards and stuff to get better.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

tater_salad posted:

Buriedbones.
How do I get shards and stuff to get better.

Gold shards are premium currency. Buy them with money. Buy enough to unlock limitless lab equipping, it's the only thing I would call almost mandatory.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
Soulstones seem to be the main currency which you get a trickle of by opening chests in dungeons or doing missions. There seem to be various modifiers like Golden Cat which increase the drop rate, and I think more of them drop in the weekly dungeon. There are builds listed in that doc that are designed to generate a huge amount of these by stalling a battle infinitely but they take some initial investment and dungeon clearing.

Fragments of death which are used for lab stuff seem to drop randomly from monsters, especially bosses, and enemies in lab rooms or enemies with a white icon (like the rich kobold or crystal beetle) drop like 10 at once, or you can disenchant lab parts you don't need (presumably higher * = more). You need to spend these to combine monsters which seems like a whole other subsystem I haven't touched, and you need a whole lot more than you earn (total injury% * 10 fragments for each fusion). If anyone has a better way to get these than disenchanting parts let me know!!

There are a bunch of other currencies I don't know how to make reliably yet, like dried leaves which appear to be for past seasonal items or something.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
For Fragments of Death, you need to clear level 10 of Labyrinth and then go to Karma and beat 20 enemies for a payday. It's tricky, since its pvp.

Once you're stronger and have some good lab part set ups, Conquest monsters from the weekly and daily dungeons will get you a steady income of them. Dismantling parts is a good and reliable source though.

Monster combining is end game stuff, just focus on playing and unlocking parts and classes

Sandwich Anarchist fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Nov 1, 2020

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Someone play this and tell me how sad it is

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tokoronyori.renalsummer

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

oh no

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I'm sad just reading the description

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Holy poo poo.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

It can't be that bad...... holy poo poo...

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Renegret posted:

I'm sad just reading the description

:same:

It sounds like a match three that you play daily or you kill the dog which is just monstrous

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

"hah, this game looks weird, what is this body stuff? Funny poo poo"

*reads the first line*

"Hilarious!"

*reads literally the second line*

"Holy poo poo oh no no no"

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
It's pretty boring really, gameplay is very simplistic. The man and dog just put around doing whatever, im guessing the dog dies eventually if you don't play enough?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

It's pretty boring really, gameplay is very simplistic. The man and dog just put around doing whatever, im guessing the dog dies eventually if you don't play enough?

The dog always dies, the only thing you can do is prolong its life.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Morpheus posted:

The dog always dies, the only thing you can do is prolong its life.

So the game's only real "draw" then is to see the dog die? But playing it makes that take longer, and the game is boring. It's a cool little art project, but I don't see much point downloading it if you haven't yet.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

So the game's only real "draw" then is to see the dog die? But playing it makes that take longer, and the game is boring. It's a cool little art project, but I don't see much point downloading it if you haven't yet.

:nods: much like life

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Having a hard time finding this again but I'm looking for a goonmade game, it was a dungeon diving roguelite match 3 with classes? I think some of the tiles were a skull, a red X and a purple something? Mana drop? Vortex? I remember it was good and I need it in my life

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

But Not Tonight posted:

Having a hard time finding this again but I'm looking for a goonmade game, it was a dungeon diving roguelite match 3 with classes? I think some of the tiles were a skull, a red X and a purple something? Mana drop? Vortex? I remember it was good and I need it in my life

Dungeon Raid, but it's no longer supported and probably won't work anymore.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

But Not Tonight posted:

Yeah that's dungeon raid, which is not supported anymore. Get troll patrol, it's esaentually the same thing and it's actually supported

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Cool, thanks for the heads up about Troll Patrol!

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
For other Buriedbornes players who were kicking butt with Dragoon but struggling a bit in other dungeons, I have newly found success with Moon Queen, who uses all her skills automatically from right to left and starts with a good one which inflicts Berserk on both parties. Her emphasis on attacking over reflecting means you're not quite as screwed over by Zone or Dusk rooms, and it seems to make stuff like Penetrate work a lot better against the many barrier stacking enemies and effects. Plus there's apparently a way to use her to farm arbitrary amounts of Soulstones once you unlock more dungeons, so she seems to be a good pickup in general.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Yeah that's dungeon raid, which is not supported anymore. Get troll patrol, it's esaentually the same thing and it's actually supported

Thanks for this, I loved Dungeon Raid, it wasn't supported but it'd still run...just slow as gently caress....and I still played it...

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
I'm porting an old but kind of fun game about a paper airplane, and trying to wrap up the mobile version, seeking feedback on the touchscreen UI/controls and general usability:

https://github.com/elasota/Aerofoil/releases/tag/1.0.9b2

100% free, no ads/IAP/anything.

If it crashes then try the pre-alpha release instead, but it will be missing OSK support and may look worse if it selects 1.5x upscale.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I've been playing Bistro Heroes lately. It's pretty grindy but the characters are cute and it's got just enough gameplay to keep me engaged and playing for free. There's apparently a big content patch coming just around the corner.

IAP is the usual stuff, permanent double boosters on currency for 15 bucks each etc but it's not necessary. There's a gacha but it's only for cosmetics that have very little effect on your characters and none of the cosmetics are limited, and even the premium currency comes in a small bit steady flow as you play.

No multiplayer elements, so that also cuts down on the urge to purchase IAP. No ads in normal gameplay, only for a limited amount of extra stamina per day.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Ryaath posted:

Yoooo, the Goonswarm+ guild in Shop Titans is looking to replace some inactives. We're a terrible bunch of basement dwelling mouth breathers, analyzing spreadsheets to maximize King Baits and arbitrage the auction house like a fuckin Rockefeller. Come play with us. Post here for invite.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ripostegames.shopr

Spot open? I've been inactive for a long time, but looking to come back to this.

Waygs#77465

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
New fresco in hungry cat

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Deki posted:

Spot open? I've been inactive for a long time, but looking to come back to this.

Waygs#77465

We recently had someone go inactive, gonna shoot you an invite right now!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Are there any newish Kairosoft games worth checking out? I'm playing Grand Prix Story 2 and it's alright but I hate this poo poo where you can't just pay money to get rid of ads in the game and I have to wait two hours in real time to repair my car.. They turned this into a gatcha game and I hate it. Are they all this way now?

Steiv
Oct 16, 2005

Sweet Jesus it's the fabled Mardi Gras Cat-bird!

Arms_Akimbo posted:

New fresco in hungry cat

I so appreciate the heads up. Honestly, I check in and play the Weekly every week on Monday (France's Tuesday), but I love the scope of the murals.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

explosivo posted:

Are there any newish Kairosoft games worth checking out? I'm playing Grand Prix Story 2 and it's alright but I hate this poo poo where you can't just pay money to get rid of ads in the game and I have to wait two hours in real time to repair my car.. They turned this into a gatcha game and I hate it. Are they all this way now?

I don't know, but your post reminded me of my crowning achievement in Game Dev Story, which was developing a hybrid golf and FPS game called "Holes in Every One". Sold like gangbusters. :smug:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Hey everyone, I'm trying to find a cross platform game I can try to play that involves my nephew and my sisters along with my wife and myself, potentially more, around 5-8+ people. Mostly I'm looking for something that is relatively easy to figure out how to play so my non-gaming sister can figure out and something not too raunchy like an anime titty game or extremely violent. We've been playing Among Us as a fun little party game but with a party of like 5 when people aren't involved it's not really terribly fun as the games are super short. If possible, something I can get on PC, something my nephew and sisters can get on mobile, any recommendations?

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Nov 8, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Servaetes posted:

Hey everyone, I'm trying to find a cross platform game I can try to play that involves my nephew and my sisters along with my wife and myself, potentially more, around 5-8+ people. Mostly I'm looking for something that is relatively easy to figure out how to play so my non-gaming sister can figure out and something not too raunchy like an anime titty game or extremely violent. We've been playing Among Us as a fun little party game but with a party of like 5 when people aren't involved it's not really terribly fun as the games are super short. If possible, something I can get on PC, something my nephew and sisters can get on mobile, any recommendations?

If you can stream video to them on something other than their phones most of the Jackbox games would probably work.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Skwirl posted:

If you can stream video to them on something other than their phones most of the Jackbox games would probably work.

Unfortunately, two of them don't have PCs at all, so it's smartphone stuff or bust

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Servaetes posted:

Spaceteam

Jows
May 8, 2002

staplegun posted:

We recently had someone go inactive, gonna shoot you an invite right now!

Good timing, I was going to pop in to guild chat tonight to tell y'all to boot me if you need the space, but you beat me to the punch! I might come back around when things settle out with the little one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Oh and I guess I should explain more, my nephew is 12, and one of the sisters is super down to earth in terms of gaming. Like we played Dokopon Kingdom when she was little but I think really really basic rpg mechanics/mario party minigames is the level of gaming knowhow they're at.

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Nov 8, 2020