Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Rick posted:

I feel like this forum is over-moderated, especially as a sub of SAS which at this point is a fairly loosely moderated forum. I don't think that's Jerusalem's fault though, people here demand moderator intervention for so many things and get angry at the lightest tangents and are just so stuffy. In this scenario I think people are getting the moderation they're asking for.

Chill out everyone. It's so easy to just ignore most people who suck here, you don't even have to use the feature, just read their posts and ask yourself "why would I ever bother to respond to that?" and move on.

The want for moderation is a bit understandable, from the wrestling side. Not that I personally want a heavily moderated forum, but I can see what would cause people to want that or leans towards it. WWE is connected to Trump and therefore politics at its highest levels. It is also rife with talks about unionization or worker exploitation and things like racism. This topics can get very heated very fast, which would want people to call in a mod to punish those that they feel are upsetting the conversation or getting too hot about it.

It is just something that I think can be worked out with actual talking before it escalates to a level that requires time outs or something.

However it may have mutated beyond that scope though, and be used as a crutch for off-topic discussions or using mods to snipe at other posters. I don't really know and I don't think any regular posters would really stoop to that but if heavy moderation became ingrained in the community then that just may have become a natural first-resort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i want the Posters that are cruel and mean to others to get probated
i want the Posters that are well meaning and make fun jokes to not get probated

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i kind of feel like we have outgrown SAS and could probably split off into our own forum proper in The Finer Arts

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MotU posted:

The want for moderation is a bit understandable, from the wrestling side. Not that I personally want a heavily moderated forum, but I can see what would cause people to want that or leans towards it. WWE is connected to Trump and therefore politics at its highest levels. It is also rife with talks about unionization or worker exploitation and things like racism. This topics can get very heated very fast, which would want people to call in a mod to punish those that they feel are upsetting the conversation or getting too hot about it.

It is just something that I think can be worked out with actual talking before it escalates to a level that requires time outs or something.

However it may have mutated beyond that scope though, and be used as a crutch for off-topic discussions or using mods to snipe at other posters. I don't really know and I don't think any regular posters would really stoop to that but if heavy moderation became ingrained in the community then that just may have become a natural first-resort

I appreciate this and it makes sense to me. I guess really then it's about trying to find where the right line for what is too much again for the forum zeitgeist.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

JOHN CENA posted:

i kind of feel like we have outgrown SAS and could probably split off into our own forum proper in The Finer Arts

Nah

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JOHN CENA posted:

I sadly disagree with you.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

fight island has a sports style presentation.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

JOHN CENA posted:

Tbh I don't feel like this would make any meaningful difference

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
To honor a great puro tradition, Fight Island splits off into its own vanity forum with the mods booking themselves on top

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

two fight islands, Fight Island Hollywood and Fight Island Wolfpac

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

JOHN CENA posted:

If anything this would make fight island less popular, buried all the way down the page there instead of being the valet of the good and popular Sports Are Striking

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Benne posted:

To honor a great puro tradition, Fight Island splits off into its own vanity forum with the mods booking themselves on top

Gonna get the MMA posters to make the wrestling thread OPs

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"So this guy Jack right....he's a cactus (whispers to aide: what the gently caress is this poo poo?)"

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Proposing a rule whereby posters are forced to participate in threads about the sport they don't like until we all are forced to love each other.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
people already post in the wwe threads by their own free will

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Mekchu posted:

Also Athanatos made a post in QCS or something. Basically, if a post is reported thats it. There's no more reports alotted to that post and you get the "this post was already reported" response.

I feel like that is an area in need of a lot of fixing but thats a code jockeys job and not something I can help.

I don't think it's a bug or some weird consequence of old code, it's just an intentionally implemented limit, from what I understand:

Here's the post and context, by the way

Mekchu posted:

IKs cant see reports unless I am really bad at being an IK.

That's correct. The first part :glomp:

Brut fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Oct 28, 2020

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

CommonShore posted:

punk rear end spurious reports should be more probatable than standalone gimmick posts. It's poo poo like that which makes moderating hard.

e. and there should be a name and shame on it too

ah yes because what SA truly needs is more witchhunts what could go wrong

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

There should never be witch hunts unless the witch is extremely harmful in an objective way. And justly, it should be considered completely evil and illegal to initiate witch hunt tactics on people who have already been 'outed' from the beginning because they were open and upfront about their thoughts, unless in the same way they are very harmful. I think Seth Rollins should be moderator of this forum.

Hunter Leopardson
Dec 24, 2002

Don't be a jerk my friend
Isn't the problem with ignoring posters is that you still see their replies when quoted?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Hunter Leopardson posted:

Isn't the problem with ignoring posters is that you still see their replies when quoted?

I think that's the case yes maybe it will be fixed down the line if possible.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Sorry I've been slow on adding you all a new mod (or 2). No excuses on my end.

I'm getting the wheels going again, I have a lot of names to reach out and talk to.

If you would like to suggest anyone, please drop by my inbox. I appreciate the hell out of the people who have reached out so far.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I don't have a whole lot of input on how FIGHT ISLAND is run I just wanna say I laughed a whole lot at the way the admins did a run-in and laid the smackdown

WHATS ATHANATOS DOING IN THE WRESTLEHUT 2K ZONE?!?!

thats it i'm done now

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

congratulations to our new moderator, karmicknight.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
karmicknight how do you feel about vinceflex?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hey awesome, congrats karmic!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

karmicknight how do you feel about vinceflex?

a policy is currently being drawn up by the committee.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

OK, but...

does karmicknight want to join the Fight Island mod team?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
join the mod order

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Congrats Karmic best of luck to ya

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

OK, but...

does karmicknight want to join the Fight Island mod team?

clearly there’s only one way to settle this. we all need to see and hear your very best choreographed rendition of ”My Shadow and Me” :v:

no but really, congratulations to karmicknight!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Sorry

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

My condolences to Mr. Brut for no longer being an IK, sad to see you go.

In other news, congratulations to Mr. Brut for now being a mod. Best wishes and I know you can do it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Congrats Brut, I'm sure you'll continue to do a great job :)

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Congrats to Brut and Karmic because you're two great choices but also condolences due to all of the poo poo you'll have to deal with

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

congrats brut & karmicknight!!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Orange Carlisle posted:

Congrats to Brut and Karmic because you're two great choices but also condolences due to all of the poo poo you'll have to deal with

Jokes on Brut. I nominated him.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Congrats, both of you. Let us have a glorious vinceflex/roidtech future.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Mekchu posted:

Jokes on Brut. I nominated him.

Wasn't your own sanity enough of a sacrifice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade