Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
why post that.....?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Mr.Radar posted:

Kyle Kallgren looks at what the 1980s film The Atomic Cafe says about the cultural impact of the 1950s atomic age and what that portends for today's situation, and also how this has all personally impacted Kyle. Warning: this one is an emotional rollercoaster to put it mildly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njDEf0OwCdA

:stare:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'd like to be happy that Trump got ousted, because seriously gently caress that guy, but I see no difference with Biden so all I get is bitterness and depression.

SO instead I'm going to rewatch all of the Mark Remark, which was amazing online creator content. It's all on youtube, watch it if you never did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_moVLntlFg
(This is where I'm at in the timeline)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
to be fair 'ugh don't tell me about POLICY stuff he did I'm trying to enjoy this meaningless gesture that makes me feel good' is gonna be the discourse for the next four years so might as well brace for it.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

sexpig by night posted:

to be fair 'ugh don't tell me about POLICY stuff he did I'm trying to enjoy this meaningless gesture that makes me feel good' is gonna be the discourse for the next four years so might as well brace for it.

Reading tweets that make you mad will not brace you for anything, prepare you for anything, or have any other positive impact on your life whatsoever.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'M HAVING FUN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W18bybpEzRI

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I never thought I'd say this, but I miss tumblr.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nuns with Guns posted:

I never thought I'd say this, but I miss tumblr.

tumblr was so much better than twitter just because at least the freaks there had the decency to have a giant bio that's like "YES I SHIP THESE RELATED CHARACTERS AND IF YOU DISLIKE THAT YOU'RE A LITERAL NAZI AND I'M GOING TO SEND A BOMB THREAT TO YOUR HOUSE" and be named "THE PROBLEMATIC JOKER RP BLOG" and it's like 'oh, yea, you're either 14 and stupid or 35 and mentally unhinged either way I can just not talk to you'.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

imo it is actually fine if people want to just have a few days to celebrate before going back to drowning themselves in despair and they aren’t destroying the country by doing so

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Augus posted:

imo it is actually fine if people want to just have a few days to celebrate before going back to drowning themselves in despair and they aren’t destroying the country by doing so

I dunno, I'm happy to laugh at crying chuds and all but I genuinely do think it's bad to be all 'I'm so glad to have empathy back in the white house' because that's literally how we all stopped paying attention to poo poo like Obama building concentration camps and droning the poo poo out of the Islamic world and it's really a major fear for, ya know, people without PBS shows, that that's gonna happen with most of our allies.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

hoping for good things does not automatically mean that you’re going to ignore bad things and the phrase “there’s a lot of work to be done” in fact signifies an intention not to ignore bad things.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

lindsay isnt a political commentator at all who gives a poo poo

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
In fairness, T1J is a political commentator, pretty much, even if he doesn't get posted much in here.

Not to continue the derail, because it should probably stop, but note that some people are having a hard time just kicking back and enjoying it because all of the shittest Dems also didn't wait a day to start attacking AOC and the left and blame them for Biden not winning all 50 states.

It would have been nice to just have a straight day off to enjoy it though, I agree.

Shame that there aren't more videos kicking around. The curse of the end of the month video dump, I guess. ManyATrueNerd's videos are usually solid, but I really liked the look at Teardown he did a few days ago. Lots of fun with physics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxTVdUoDBFg and also a game that my potato of a computer will never be able to play.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

but note that some people are having a hard time just kicking back and enjoying it because all of the shittest Dems also didn't wait a day to start attacking AOC and the left and blame them for Biden not winning all 50 states.

It would have been nice to just have a straight day off to enjoy it though, I agree.

also this, it's a pretty loving hard trick to kick back when the fascists Joe Biden made alliances with like loving Kasich and Powell instantly went all 'hey I know the only major losses were from lovely centrists who avoided M4A and poo poo, and in fact the progressive caucus grew during this pathetic excuse for a 'victory' you sold your soul for, but Joe's gonna put those stupid progressive commies in their place!'

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

sexpig by night posted:

tumblr was so much better than twitter just because at least the freaks there had the decency to have a giant bio that's like "YES I SHIP THESE RELATED CHARACTERS AND IF YOU DISLIKE THAT YOU'RE A LITERAL NAZI AND I'M GOING TO SEND A BOMB THREAT TO YOUR HOUSE" and be named "THE PROBLEMATIC JOKER RP BLOG" and it's like 'oh, yea, you're either 14 and stupid or 35 and mentally unhinged either way I can just not talk to you'.

There was something comforting about tumblr mostly being populated by teenagers and "deep internet" fandom adults like 5+ years ago. I guess the hope the kids would grow out of it, while the adults were just isolated weirdos and not major public figures making asses of themselves for our amusement? Having such a young but very progressive population at least made me think most of the kids are alright at least.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Farm Frenzy posted:

lindsay isnt a political commentator at all who gives a poo poo

idk at some point this just became the thread for complaining about every single time an online creator makes a political tweet you don't like.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

tumblr is better than ever now bc everyone bonkers left for twitter ages ago. yesterday it was on fire bc the cw television show "supernatural" confirmed after like 12 years that a gay ship between two characters was canon and after the gay angel confessed his love to weirdly aggro protagonist he got covered in black cgi goop and went to turbo-hell, a hell worse than hell.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

im here with the hot goss on shows for 16 year olds

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

fun hater posted:

im here with the hot goss on shows for 16 year olds

lol, but also do 16 year olds really watch a show that's almost as old as they are?

fun hater
May 24, 2009

based on the quality of the clip i saw, i really hope its for teens and not people with fully formed brains

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

also this, it's a pretty loving hard trick to kick back when the fascists Joe Biden made alliances with like loving Kasich and Powell instantly went all 'hey I know the only major losses were from lovely centrists who avoided M4A and poo poo, and in fact the progressive caucus grew during this pathetic excuse for a 'victory' you sold your soul for, but Joe's gonna put those stupid progressive commies in their place!'

This was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I was ready to watch Trump break down like an ace attorney villain, but the democratic centrists trying to roll poo poo downhill on the people that helped save their bacon really pissed me off.

Anyway, I agree that the internet was a much better place when there were a dozen message boards, imageboards, and other places instead of just twitter.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

fun hater posted:

based on the quality of the clip i saw, i really hope its for teens and not people with fully formed brains

The show is on season like 15. people that started watching it as teens are now old enough to have kids who are almost teens.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Nuns with Guns posted:

lol, but also do 16 year olds really watch a show that's almost as old as they are?

Surprisingly, yeah. My teen niece got really into it for a little bit at least. It's never been easier to binge watch shows on Netflix so all it takes is one friend liking it or a good Twitter/Insta/Tumblr post and they can be all in.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The show is on season like 15. people that started watching it as teens are now old enough to have kids who are almost teens.

I really dug the show when it started but I dipped out when it became clear that every series would end with one/both of the brothers going to hell/heaven/purgatory and have a season long arc recovering from the experience before it happened again. I think this was somewhere around series 5.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Augus posted:

idk at some point this just became the thread for complaining about every single time an online creator makes a political tweet you don't like.

*puts hand on side of own face, whispers conspiratorily*

So do you think we should go ahead with making the second secret thread for actual internet creative personality discussion and leave this one as the decoy thread for people to get mad at poorly workshopped jokes on Twitter or what?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fun hater posted:

before the black goop clip was posted people were convinced and probably are still convinced that a clip from the movie Spawn was actually the angel dude being sent to super hell and that is insanely funny to me

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

fun hater posted:

Oh no, I'm sure the level of writing has never bothered aging with whatever audience followed it from the beginning.

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Surprisingly, yeah. My teen niece got really into it for a little bit at least. It's never been easier to binge watch shows on Netflix so all it takes is one friend liking it or a good Twitter/Insta/Tumblr post and they can be all in.

Ah right, I forgot it's on Netflix and we live in an age where shows can never truly die because of that.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Supernatural has this thing it shares with TWD and probably Grey's Anatomy where every now and then they do something major to a big-name character and then the show pops back into public consciousness because even though you haven't watched it for years now, holy poo poo they just killed Glenn!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Mr Phillby posted:

I really dug the show when it started but I dipped out when it became clear that every series would end with one/both of the brothers going to hell/heaven/purgatory and have a season long arc recovering from the experience before it happened again. I think this was somewhere around series 5.

Season 5 is where the original show runners dropped out and it kind of is a perfect end for the goofy fun monster hunting show that it started out as.

And then it kept going.

For a loving decade.

But also I dunno why people keep harping on the Goop Double Hell poo poo. That's just where angels go when they die. The gay angel has already been resurrected from that place once before. It aint nothing.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

most people with passing knowledge of christian faith are not familiar with the concept of black goop hell 2

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I got a couple episodes into season 2 before stopping. I know it changes up a bit but at that point it just seemed like a less interesting x-files. I'll probably go back to it eventually

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

i dunno jack about supernatural but the gay angel going directly to mega hell/hifl/whatever right after confessing and then instantly(??) dying(???) sounds Extremely Dumb

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Booky posted:

i dunno jack about supernatural but the gay angel going directly to mega hell/hifl/whatever right after confessing and then instantly(??) dying(???) sounds Extremely Dumb

He'll be alive again in 2 episodes. Deaths faker in that show than in comic books

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

He'll be alive again in 2 episodes. Deaths faker in that show than in comic books

i mean yeah i guess so, but why'd he even had to turbo die after confessing?? thats whats real confusing to me

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Booky posted:

i mean yeah i guess so, but why'd he even had to turbo die after confessing?? thats whats real confusing to me
He confessed because he knew was going to die.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Apparently? There's a thing called the Emptiness ?? that kills you and drags you into Hella Hell when you find your true happiness or something? And Castiel's moment of happiness was confessing his feelings for Dean.

It is as amazingly dumb as it sounds and made Tumblr, which was already teetering on the utter brink of unsanity after Electionukkah lasted three whole nights (at the time!), completely fall into teeming chaos.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its only fair that we study the source material. it is good that it is on youtube so it can be seen and shared with normal people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lCU__9ZXuA

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

Is it true that being truly happy would have sent him to super angel turbo Hell at any time, which I guess is why he waited until he was already dying to confess, or was my sister just messing with me?

Fake edit: Oh, that actually was in the show. I see.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

i see...... :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

I mean as far as fitting:

-people this thread explicitly follows
-political commentators people cant shunt as "well actually"

https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1325157332477566976?s=19