Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
I don't know about you all but I'm pretty scared by the one wearing the armor of god and wielding his sword, those sound like pretty high level items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
it's just pay2win dlc content, you get better stuff before long

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Hedrigall posted:

I want clips of MAGA losers crying in Tik tok and twitter videos please
https://twitter.com/CopingMAGA/status/1325305799615242240

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Nice, I’ll check out this twitter account

E. Nesbit
Mar 18, 2009

Eat two dicks and call me in the morning.

god it's so beautiful

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I was scared that his flag was going to knock mom’s cookie jar collection off the top of the cabinets there.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Turdism Attitude is the name of my prog rock band.

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.

Data Graham posted:

lol thhppbbt

It'll never truly end

If I grew 12 inch sideburns and combed them into the back of my head and pasted them down, literally everyone I met would be like "the gently caress is up with your hair?"

It's seriously Flock of Seagulls poo poo. I mean I know he sucks at understanding leadership on all levels and has no knowledge of basic governmental functions and that's more important.. well that's moot now. Why the gently caress does he have footlong sideburns?

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/RowletOW/status/1325306710769106946?s=09

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
https://imgur.com/a/THpQP3e

Went to to the Women's March (from Canada, grew up in the US) in Jan 2017. Today has been a most satisfactory day after 4 years of poo poo.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

schumer and co are also talking about an EO canceling student debt AND 15 buck hour stuff. probably more too. I think AOC and others will keep a fire under their asses plus other stuff. id like to believe biden can at least try to pull an LBJ with domestic poo poo.

Talking's doing a lot of work here. I'll believe it when I see it. There's a reason student loan debt is in the situation it is in the first place and that's because most of the people in power don't have to deal with it so they don't give a poo poo. There's no way a bunch of oxygenarians are going to be blow their freshly minted political capital on a bunch of college kids.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Lmao

Everyone watch this through, it’s worth it

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Thedonalddidnot.win

"The sad part is that the blue haired degenerates won’t be fighting in any war. loving cowards will use any excuse they can to stay safe and out of Danger while going online and encouraging the genetically superior to kill one another.
Just like in every war, the sissies stay safe while the strong men get killed. The weak are a plague on society."

Like....your draft dodging president lol.

I guarantee half of these edge lords will disappear by January now that they don't have a figure head to help them peddle their edgy attitude.

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

Buff Hardback posted:

It was also the first mention of transgender people in a victory speech

Yea this bit caught me hard. It’s just a single word in a whole speech but it felt good.

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.

:five:

This is a PRO CLICK.

e: as the previous said, watch the whole thing. It's wondrous.

UltraShame fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Nov 8, 2020

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

UltraShame posted:

If I grew 12 inch sideburns and combed them into the back of my head and pasted them down, literally everyone I met would be like "the gently caress is up with your hair?"

Why the gently caress does he have footlong sideburns?

When you are rich and powerful you can to surround yourself with yes men. Anyone willing to speak truth to power gets weeded out early. Also his narcissism prevents him from acknowledging any sort of personal fault or weakness. And he certainly sees baldness as one.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

I grew up not far from here (before they put in the ball pit). At the time, it was all poor/lower-middle, white and mostly not-Italian people. My neighbors were all union guys, city workers, or both. Almost adult I ever heard discuss politics hated Reagan for the very real and visible results of his policies. Same thing for Bush. On the other hand, they were all horribly racist, and voted for Frank Rizzo as a write-in for mayor up through this century (Rizzo died in '91).

What I'm getting at is part of me is blown away they could find a friendly venue there, but another part of me is blown away they couldn't find a *better* venue. Friggin' Tacony?! Where's that tweet about Republicans making blue-collar workers somehow turn and hate the people and policies that will actually help them?

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Hedrigall posted:

Unfortunately the single best source of these, campaign "victory" parties gone bad, we're denied this year because of the election dragging out over an entire week.

I'm sure various cell phone video of chud meltdowns in various settings will appear over time, though.

In the meantime, enjoy an oldie but goodie! Still relevant because Sarah Palin was the first true chud politician of the current era, and kicked the door wide open for Trumpie to get elected:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk3iRYqtpJg

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Thedonalddidnot.win

quote:

don’t think they realize this, but they need to. I am a young, first time voter and without Trump, I would’ve never even considered voting republican. I went from not paying much attention to politics and thinking republicans were a bunch of bureaucrats, to being a proud American patriot and even donated to Trump’s campaign.
If they do not back Trump now I can never see myself voting for or backing the republican party ever again, save for a few lions like Ted Cruz. They need to understand this clearly and act now before they lose their supporters.

About that whole "just wait till the boomers die and Democrats will win every election", yeahhhh.

The last two elections have been a stark reminder that non-college educated white males are a demographic that is particularly susceptible to right-wing populism. Democrats need to prioritize expanding access to college and getting tuition costs under control before we end up supplying the opposition with an entire new generation of recruits.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

so uh I guess what's the current Prez gonna do till January? I just hope every presser is media asking him to concede until he does but he might just be an empty chair

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

alf_pogs posted:

so uh I guess what's the current Prez gonna do till January? I just hope every presser is media asking him to concede until he does but he might just be an empty chair

Golf, mainly.

So business as usual.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

alf_pogs posted:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I was waiting for this to turn into a parody but it never did. Horrifying stuff.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

JordanKai posted:

I was waiting for this to turn into a parody but it never did. Horrifying stuff.

There's an audio clip further down that account's timeline of Richard Spencer losing his mind like the Nazi psychopath he is and as hilarious as it is to hear his voice crack like a child and listen to how he sounds like he's on the verge of actual tears, it's amazingly horrifying too.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know of any historical instances with large periods of time between the president elect giving an acceptance speech and their opponent conceding? It seems like in all the elections I remember it's been the same day. Then again I guess this is the first election since 2000 that has taken more than a day to decide.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://twitter.com/CopingMAGA/status/1325355442403483648

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Congratulations to Harris for becoming the first female vice president btw. The door gets opened a little bit at a time.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

Hedrigall posted:

They are trying to get truckers to strike on Nov 29th.

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.

it turns out dril was prescient.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Thedonalddidnot.win

I don't know what most of this is but they had me at MILF and beer.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

The Super-Id posted:

Does anyone know of any historical instances with large periods of time between the president elect giving an acceptance speech and their opponent conceding? It seems like in all the elections I remember it's been the same day. Then again I guess this is the first election since 2000 that has taken more than a day to decide.

Usually the loser concedes before the winner gives their victory speech. For reasons that should be obvious.

Trump had several hours today but yeah that was never going to happen.

It makes sense to me if the winner has given the loser a little time, but no concession, that they should go ahead and give their victory speech. It seems gracious and good manners to wait for the concession, but if there is every appearance that there is no concession coming there is no reason to wait further, the winner does not NEED the loser to concede.

In the 2012 election Romney was pretty loving slow to concede, I think it was past midnight when Obama gave his victory speech. I think Romney expected to win and took some time to internalize and accept the result.

In the Alabama special Senate election, Roy Moore never did concede to Doug Jones.

The case of this Presidential election is thorny because the loser is the incumbent President and has to actually vacate the White House for Biden to occupy it. Of course there are all kinds of possibilities like Biden starting operations elsewhere and the power and water being cut off at the White House, but there's no reason to tolerate Trump being there one minute past the Inauguration. I'm hoping and assuming that Biden has a contingency plan worked out for if Trump chooses to squat the White House and force a confrontation and his forced removal. I'm worried about stuff like armed chuds congregating at the White House to protect their king.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Zwabu posted:

The case of this Presidential election is thorny because the loser is the incumbent President and has to actually vacate the White House for Biden to occupy it. Of course there are all kinds of possibilities like Biden starting operations elsewhere and the power and water being cut off at the White House, but there's no reason to tolerate Trump being there one minute past the Inauguration. I'm hoping and assuming that Biden has a contingency plan worked out for if Trump chooses to squat the White House and force a confrontation and his forced removal. I'm worried about stuff like armed chuds congregating at the White House to protect their king.
there are other people in the government who are not going to tolerate trump just loving squatting, biden is not going to resort to sieging the white house

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Romney didn't even have a concession speech prepared. He admitted that he had only written a victory speech on the eve of the election.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Yoshi Wins posted:

Romney didn't even have a concession speech prepared. He admitted that he had only written a victory speech on the eve of the election.

I can understand doing that for the sake of superstition.

And, like, nobody expects a concession speech to be good, it's just part of the process. You can wing it.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Skippy McPants posted:

I can understand doing that for the sake of superstition.

And, like, nobody expects a concession speech to be good, it's just part of the process. You can wing it.

True. I'm going to try, as an exercise, when I'm awake and sober later, to gin up a quick Presidential race concession speech in under an hour. I'll post the results here and you goons can tell me what you think of it, in case I actually have occasion to use it in the future.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Yoshi Wins posted:

And in 2016 Trump only had a concession speech prepared because he thought he was going to lose.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Wasn't Hillary's concession speech clearly her victory speech with some edits?

Said before though: Trump's going to be out of the White House as soon as possible. Both domestically and abroad, a coup takes work, and Trump is above all a lazy coward.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

nine-gear crow posted:

And in 2016 Trump only had a concession speech prepared because he thought he was going to lose.

I really want to read what that speech would have been.

poo poo, I’m morbidly curious what nightmare victory speech Stephen Miller wrote him for this election. I’m sure it’s genuinely terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Ballz posted:

poo poo, I’m morbidly curious what nightmare victory speech Stephen Miller wrote him for this election. I’m sure it’s genuinely terrifying.

Given the bullshit Trump endlessly tries we may still hear this.