Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

WhiteHowler posted:

Every remaining "battleground" state could go red and Biden still wins.

I still want to see how they go though, and networks stopped covering it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

WhiteHowler posted:

Every remaining "battleground" state could go red and Biden still wins.
Not to mention that Biden's lead in Georgia's risen to a little over 10,000 by now - I would be extremely surprised if somehow Trump still manages to make up that deficit at this point. Even if Arizona does end up red, Biden will almost certainly get 295 electoral votes altogether. That's a convincing electoral victory (not to mention that he's up by over 4 million votes nationwide).

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I still want to see how they go though, and networks stopped covering it

The election maps on the news sites are still getting their regular updates. You just won't be able to get in depth analysis of what the votes coming in look like (let Kornacki sleep goddamnit).

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Sadly, given the plague, I think it's probably a safe bet that Biden will have a smaller inauguration crowd than Trump did, and we won't loving ever hear the end of that.

It seems crazy to imagine now but you remember how before Trump, nobody even considered "inauguration crowd size" as a thing to think about ever?

That whole poo poo just came out of left field and we all suddenly had to deal with one man's crazy narcissistic obsessions until they became OUR obsessions even if all we wanted to do was refute them

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Similarly his bullshit obsession with TV ratings. Nobody gives a gently caress who’s town hall got more viewers but Donald cared more about that than the Covid body count.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

hcreight posted:

The election maps on the news sites are still getting their regular updates. You just won't be able to get in depth analysis of what the votes coming in look like (let Kornacki sleep goddamnit).

Stop telling me to let Kornacki sleep, cowards.

I will never let him sleep.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Data Graham posted:

It seems crazy to imagine now but you remember how before Trump, nobody even considered "inauguration crowd size" as a thing to think about ever?

That whole poo poo just came out of left field and we all suddenly had to deal with one man's crazy narcissistic obsessions until they became OUR obsessions even if all we wanted to do was refute them

When Trump was elected, even though I was very unhappy about it, I actually thought there was a good chance that he'd just enjoy the fact that he was elected and the most famous/powerful guy in the world, let a bunch of bog standard Bush type GOP bureaucrats run things while he enjoyed black tie state dinners, and the limelight but wouldn't try to really run or do much of anything beyond bog standard GOP tax lowering and deregulation and not push hard on "kill all immigrants" because it already got him elected.

Then day 1 of his presidency here's Sean Spicer spitting out Trump grievances about the Inauguration crowd size thing and that was like a cold glass of water in the face, like what the gently caress, THIS is your priority? But also, literally gaslighting away obvious objective truth.

Right after that first Sean Spicer presser, I had dinner with my friend who had mostly voted GOP but has voted for both parties, but saw Trump as a problem and voted third party. I expressed my alarm about the signs this gaslighting and petty vindictiveness about the crowd sizes was showing us, and he kind of pooh poohed it and said that the structure and institutions of the US government would be strong enough to withstand even a would be dictator. Since then he's super alarmed and rabidly anti Trump. Unfortunately until he's actually out of the White House, physically, and Biden is sworn in, we're not done with him. And we may not be done with his worst supporters for years longer if ever.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

skylined! posted:

Biden's lead in GA is up to 10.2k which is just amazing/

And they counted 14 more votes in PA before loving off for the day.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Biden's lead in GA is ultimately going to be beyond recount. Arizona is the same. Honestly, JB is going to get the same EC that Trump did in 2016. Which is :chefskiss:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Data Graham posted:

I mean I can't decide whether it's more Veep or more Arrested Development, but either way it's too on-the-nose to be plausible if it weren't a screwball pun-oriented comedy of that sort.

OK. Now I need answers why they didn't choose to have it at "Speed Raceway and Axe Throwing"

Also, good job Dems on "stealing the election" yet somehow forgetting to make sure we didn't win the Senate.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

BiggerBoat posted:

LOL

I'm seriously obsessed with this whole Four Seasons fiasco and can't stop thinking about it. Every logical explanation I can come up with makes sense from a certain standpoint, but all of them are for the dumbest reasons imaginable. I need to know WHICH dumb reason is the reason.

They said something about logistics and geographic proximity to highway exits and I'll buy that. Makes some sense. No way they'd want to hold it at the FS hotel since it's dead in the middle of center city Philadelphia, one block from city hall, where Biden voters are celebrating and out in force. But, still, there had to have been at least 10 other places right there in that industrial park alone that were better choices from an optics standpoint at a bare minimum.

It can't possibly be a coincidence that the business' name is Four Seasons though. It's one of the most bizarre things I've seen in a while.

The owner looks to be an Hispanic woman who's a member of a minority owned business group in Philly and nothing really jumps out about her being a crazy Q person or anything with a casual glance at the company's FB and website. I didn't dig really deep.

I'm convinced they really did mean to do it at the hotel and just called this place by mistake and she was like uh yeah sure it'll be $$$$ amount of money in advance"

The entire thing has basically made my month I'm going to be laughing about this for a looong time. What an absolutely perfect way to end these particular folks' presidential campaign.

:laffo: “I’m here to describe to you the first part of a situation that is very troubling.” -Rudy AMERICA'S MAYOR Giuliani

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1325471843290144768?s=21

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

I don’t buy any of this poo poo because there was another article just today saying Jared was pushing the lawsuits while simultaneously telling trump it’s time to concede. Which is it?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

She means the divorce filing?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

I don’t doubt that some of Trump’s circle want out so they can go on being evil bastards out of the limelight while Trump spends his days embarrassing himself on OANN but I don’t believe for a second they have said that out loud.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

I believe this one because I can't imagine any scenario where Melania wants to stay in the White House for a second longer than she has to.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

I wonder what the last "reasonable person secretly advises trump" post ever will be.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

I'm loving ready for the holidays! :chaostrump:

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Not in Georgia. People were already registering new voters yesterday.

Ya there's already new yard sign distribution etc all over. Local community organizers in Columbus were on that poo poo immediately.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

If he concedes it's trumps Crack Ping moment huh

which is why itll never happen :sickos:

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

speng31b posted:

I wonder what the last "reasonable person secretly advises trump" post ever will be.

Sources close to the White House indicate that the spirit of Adolf Hitler has been tapped, via seance, to council the President to concede gracefully.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

BiggerBoat posted:

OK. Now I need answers why they didn't choose to have it at "Speed Raceway and Axe Throwing"

Also, good job Dems on "stealing the election" yet somehow forgetting to make sure we didn't win the Senate.

Speed raceway and axe throwing is such a weird business name that I did a little digging and it has filled me with delight. They have a quote on their page from a Mike L that says, "The adrenaline of Axe Throwing is the perfect compliment to high speed go kart racing." They will also accomodate your desire to have a sith dinner party.

And what are they serving?

Yes I know they are set up for catering from other places shut up

Anyway it looks like a good time, I would like to throw axes and drive go karts and that will be all the sweeter now that the orange gently caress is a bigass loser.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Why are they even bothering? It doesn’t matter if Trump concedes, everyone has moved on and accepted Biden as the winner. He was never going to cooperate with the transition. He was never even going to be around for Biden’s inauguration.

These story’s of Trumps inner circle just reek of toadies trying to say they did the bare minimum after the fact. gently caress them all, they made their bed.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Phoix posted:

I believe this one because I can't imagine any scenario where Melania wants to stay in the White House for a second longer than she has to.

She'll and Barron will end up loving off to Trump Tower New York or out of the country this week. Just like she did when he first got elected.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Glumwheels posted:

I don’t buy any of this poo poo because there was another article just today saying Jared was pushing the lawsuits while simultaneously telling trump it’s time to concede. Which is it?

I mean, I agree, but it's possible for both to be true. You can do something then give up when it seems hopeless. But, yeah, this seems bullshit.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Edmund Lava posted:

Why are they even bothering? It doesn’t matter if Trump concedes, everyone has moved on and accepted Biden as the winner. He was never going to cooperate with the transition. He was never even going to be around for Biden’s inauguration.

These story’s of Trumps inner circle just reek of toadies trying to say they did the bare minimum after the fact. gently caress them all, they made their bed.

Whether or not he concedes appears to make a big difference to the people who voted for him, though.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I wonder what their prenup says if he ends up in jail

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

If Trump postures that he's non an outgoing president right up until Inauguration Day, is he going to pardon people?

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Robot Hobo posted:

I've always assumed the only reason Trump doesn't drink (or at least says he doesn't) is because his Brother had an alcohol problem and Donny wanted to be able to use that against him when vying for Daddy's approval..

Everything the Trumps do is either part of an underhanded scheme, done out of sheer spite, or both.

I’ve heard reports he has been seen to drink albeit not to excess. The whole thing about him never touching a drop is, surprise, an exaggeration.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Zwabu posted:

If Trump postures that he's non an outgoing president right up until Inauguration Day, is he going to pardon people?

I would expect him to. Nearly all presidents issue a stack of pardons on the way out the door. It's like the thing they do to keep busy when there's nothing left to do.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

BiggerBoat posted:

A batting cage place near me has recently been taken over by a "STUMPY'S AXE THROWING" which is apparently a large and popular chain :v:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Zwabu posted:

why wouldn't he? fear of hypocrisy or self-contradiction?

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

Murgos posted:

Lawfare has a good article on it but most media companies have quietly worked to limit obvious disinformation.

Google in particular has worked hard to remove an exploit where when a new “fake news” story appears that all traffic gets driven to a few sights set up ahead of time to exploit that information void.

Think of the fake local newspaper website in 2016 that had a story of Hillary killing a deputy. There was no such thing so when anyone googled for information they got realish looking websites amplifying the story. That doesn’t work as well anymore.

Apparently YouTube and tiktok are still not good at this so expect misinformation to come through those outlets more than others.

Does this mean Chrome has stopped recommending RT articles? I used to get almost exclusively "news" articles from RT recommendations when I opened a blank tab in my phone's browser.

Vigil for Virgil posted:

Someone has the maths wrong as yesterday was his 209th...so someone is off somewhere

Silly Burrito posted:

This says 284 so :shrug:

https://www.trumpgolfcount.com/displayoutings

Looks more detailed though. Cost to Taxpayer: About $142,000,000

I think there is a distinction between time spent at properties, time spent at golf properties, and time spent golfing.

Goosed it. fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Nov 8, 2020

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?
If Trump coincides, and I do mean if, it will be by tweet.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Magugu posted:

If Trump coincides, and I do mean if, it will be by tweet.

Wouldn't he want to do it as quietly as possible? He sees Twitter as his bullhorn. He would want as few people as possible to notice he conceded and did the bare minimum thing people are saying he has to do.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

He’s going to concede with an implied, vague threat of violence and property damage like other chuds have already been doing. He truly is only leaving to prevent the liberals from causing more American bloodshed :fsmug: what a sacrifice

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?

Data Graham posted:

Wouldn't he want to do it as quietly as possible? He sees Twitter as his bullhorn. He would want as few people as possible to notice he conceded and did the bare minimum thing people are saying he has to do.

No. He can tweet it, then later he can claim whatever he wants. "They took my account from me after the announced Biden." He will never give video of him conceding. Again, if he concedes.

Edit: Can't spell

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

why wouldn't he? fear of hypocrisy or self-contradiction?

That's not what presidents who win reelection do. If he starts pardoning people I think its a pretty good indication that he's accepted the loss.

Kale
May 14, 2010

HappyHippo posted:

Went to see how thedonald.win was handling this and

So like can somebody explain the whole Wojack (I think that's what it's called, but half the time I just refer to it as the crying rear end in a top hat face) thing to me because I honestly never got 4chan "humor". Like is it some self-deprecating performance thing? How they see other human beings? Like it's always been an enigma to me since all I know is they are absolutely obsessed with it but it seems pretty specifically 4chan that uses it and maybe the right wing parts of Reddit like TheDonald, which might as well just be /pol.

davecrazy posted:

Nothing signals to the base how hard you are fighting like a day at the links.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1325455129533968385?s=21

As always and forever just an honor to support you sir, simply an honor. Patriots, Love, America, Won't let Liberals take x away from me etc - MAGA Movement 2015-2020

Kale fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Nov 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Just woke up; have they decided the 2000 election yet?