Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I would say 99% know exactly what to patch, and it will never happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Oh ya to be clear my "remake it for PS5" is literally just patch it to be 60FPS. They managed this with Dark Souls 3, which is gonna be 60FPS on PS5. With how much effort they're putting into making games look and run better on ps5 It's weird to me they completely ignore this one

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Finally got around to starting Ghost of Tsushima last night. I’m two or three hours in, and holy gently caress, I’m in love.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Oh ya to be clear my "remake it for PS5" is literally just patch it to be 60FPS. They managed this with Dark Souls 3, which is gonna be 60FPS on PS5. With how much effort they're putting into making games look and run better on ps5 It's weird to me they completely ignore this one

For anyone wondering how this works, DS3 got a pro patch to uncap the frame rate (or rather, cap it up to 60), which the PS5s extra horse power can actually take advantage of to run it at 60 fps. It wasn’t patched specifically for the PS5.

If we are taking “quick fixes to include with a 60 fps patch” I would include fixing the translation slightly in some places (e.g. change the Old Hunter’s Bone description to be gender neutral or feminine rather than referring to a male hunter). Maybe move the beast claws to the Nightmare Frontier or add some blood chunks or something to give it more worthwhile items instead of just chalice dungeon materials. Also warping between lanterns and you are given full bloodvials and bullets on death/warping so you don’t have to farm.

Actual remake stuff I would like the “story” chalice dungeons to be actual designed levels and add the lecture halls back to Bergenwerth and expand it to a full campus.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

man nurse posted:

I’m trying to upload a new profile pic through the PlayStation app but it turns all my photos sideways and there’s no way to turn them upright. Good.

Turn your photo sideways the opposite way first and then upload that

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

CharlestheHammer posted:

I would say 99% know exactly what to patch, and it will never happen

its because of their CONTEMPT for the gamers

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Bust Rodd posted:

Bloodborne never got a patch because literally 99% of Bloodborne players don’t even know what you would patch (besides letting you open the door on the other side of Cleric Beast).

you would patch the framerate to be capped at 60 instead of 30 and to change the way the game engine calculates the timing of actions and physics to be based on whatever the current framerate is instead of being based on 30, which is what they did with Dark Souls 3

the real reason why BB never got a Pro patch but Dark Souls 3 did is that Dark Souls 3 had a PC port. So they essentially already did all the work to make DS3 run at an uncapped framerate when they were porting it to PC and it was just a matter of bringing those changes over to PS4. Bloodborne never got a PC port so it’s less convenient and they haven’t yet decided that it’s worth the time to go back and manually adjust a 5 year old game.
It’s possible a patch might happen after the PS5 actually launches, since the game is gonna be given to every new PSPlus subscriber so now would be the time when it makes the most sense, but idk if it’s gonna happen

Augus fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Nov 8, 2020

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

TheCenturion posted:

Finally got around to starting Ghost of Tsushima last night. I’m two or three hours in, and holy gently caress, I’m in love.

Swipe right on the touch pad to wipe the blood off your katana.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
i dunno they posted a bunch of modded videos and I definitely thought that the 60 FPS bosses looked super lovely and fidgety. Bloodborne as is looks demonstrably better than the 60 FPS mod.

Anyways I've been jamming these videos on YouTube and I know the Professor was super into this game and watching speed-runs through the eyes of the devs is really cool, IMO, you can see what impresses them and what pisses them off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5zsyBiIkDE

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
They talked about Bloodborne in the DigitalFoundry video but did not actually show any footage of it running on the PS5 (they just showed a comparison between the PS4 base model and the unofficial 720p unlocked patch). Did the PS4 Pro reduce the frame timing issues, or is that just a flaw in the renderer?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

i dunno they posted a bunch of modded videos and I definitely thought that the 60 FPS bosses looked super lovely and fidgety. Bloodborne as is looks demonstrably better than the 60 FPS mod.

Anyways I've been jamming these videos on YouTube and I know the Professor was super into this game and watching speed-runs through the eyes of the devs is really cool, IMO, you can see what impresses them and what pisses them off.

These videos are the best thing IGN has done. First of all speedruns are cool as hell and more mainstream recognition is cool
second of all I love hearing devs talk about this stuff just for the reason you said. Like not this game but another one where they're like "Why can you do that? Seriously? What the hell"

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Did they ever fix the horrible load times in Mortal Shell
or make the tutorial level not be impossible to navigate

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

These videos are the best thing IGN has done. First of all speedruns are cool as hell and more mainstream recognition is cool
second of all I love hearing devs talk about this stuff just for the reason you said. Like not this game but another one where they're like "Why can you do that? Seriously? What the hell"

The best is the Doom Eternal one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH2-oM7IWpY

2 of the devs seem really into it and 2 of them are openly contemptuous of it and actively plot throughout the video how to make life harder for speedrunners. It's very funny. "What if we set up flags for an unskippable cutscene every time they physics glitch into the skybox?"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

veni veni veni posted:

Do you think it's going to have so much resistance it could break the controller? lol

Complex mechanical systems are more likely to have a higher failure rate than simpler ones because there's more that can brea. Chances are nothing will, because they're probably fault-tolerated to hell and back with months of testing, but it is new tech and really something that won't be known without real-world en-masse usage. Worse case really is they knock out a DualSense v1.1 revision within a year that quietly solves anything that consistently breaks with regular usage.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

that game sucked poo poo

It was good and fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Pulcinella posted:

I’m reading The Twenty Days of Turin and there is definitely theme of being “spiritually/mentally dried out” and how you just have no defense against the horrors of the world when that happens. E.g. One character mentions how his mind feels like a dry lake bed and he feels vulnerable because he can no longer submerge himself. There is also a related theme about concentration of mental bile and bad vibes and the effect of that on the world. Definitely reminded me of Bloodborne.
E.g.
How water is said to be a bulwark guarding sleep. Cut dialogue referring to the “damp lake of mud.” Loran drying out and being lost to the sands. The loch shield. Blood dregs,blood echoes, and stagnant pools of water and blood leading to concentrated filth and impurity.
Water, stagnation, and spiritual impurity are also big themes in Sekiro (and Japanese mythology in general).

That book is insanely good

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

TheCenturion posted:

GoT was so good and I can't wait to get into the multiplayer properly and finish the single player plat on PS5 when it's running at 60fps.

I was watching giantbomb stream AC Valhalla the other night and it just looks like amateur hour after playing GoT

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
has anyone played visage yet, on the sony playstation 4?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

WaltherFeng posted:

Swipe right on the touch pad to wipe the blood off your katana.

Swipe down to bow, which will usually make the nearest NPC bow back

All 4 swipe directions are useful but those are the two best

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Vikar Jerome posted:

has anyone played visage yet, on the sony playstation 4?
I have not, because I am a wimp.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah I really liked Mortal Shell and I was actually thinking when playing it that if it had been designed better, it'd be a VERY quick game to finish

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Akuma posted:

I have not, because I am a wimp.

ah, waiting for the vr version i see

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Gdi, so now if I have been suckered into wanting a PS5 this month and I didn't get into a pre-order, what's my plan

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

eBay or try again next year.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Augus posted:

Did they ever fix the horrible load times in Mortal Shell
or make the tutorial level not be impossible to navigate

Load times weren't bad.
I THINK they turned the fog down a bit as well but it's still confusing.
I liked it, definitely worth buying on sale.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Gdi, so now if I have been suckered into wanting a PS5 this month and I didn't get into a pre-order, what's my plan

ebay scalpers, or lucking out on cancelled orders on sites without queue systems. lots of people i see around the web have dumb "backup" orders at other online stores and poo poo like that.

easiest bet would be find a online store you trust and see if they do a register your interest type of pre-order to get put into a the queue for the next batch.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

is anyone playing watchdogs legion? is it fun at least if you ignore the story? i like the idea of xcom type random characters as protags but i read the about the plot and lol'd so i dunno if im even gonna get it unless the gameplay is super fun.

plot spoiler if anyone wants spoiling you team up with cops at the end to take on the pmcs lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

plot spoiler if anyone wants spoiling you team up with cops at the end to take on the pmcs lmao

Lol Ubisoft suck so much

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Vikar Jerome posted:

is anyone playing watchdogs legion? is it fun at least if you ignore the story? i like the idea of xcom type random characters as protags but i read the about the plot and lol'd so i dunno if im even gonna get it unless the gameplay is super fun.

It’s very anemic and repetitive compared to 2. I beat it and had some fun, but you’ll basically just be doing the same few mission types over and over again and all there is to do in the open world is find more points to spend on skills that you won’t necessarily want or need. You’ll throw your spider bot in somewhere to hack some things, or you’ll fly on a cargo drone to a roof somewhere and hack some things. Sometimes when you hack the thing you’ll have to survive enemy waves until the hack completes. That’s basically it.

Early on I got a spy with a silenced pistol and played like 95% that way and never had a reason to switch to anyone else except when the story mandated it. The system is neat on a surface level but doesn’t really make you interact with it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I think I'm gonna be OK not playing an Ubi game for at least several years

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No splinter cell, no dice

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

No splinter cell, no dice

you can play as Sam Fisher in that mobile game where he teams up with the Santa Blanca cartel to fight BLM

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

you can play as Sam Fisher in that mobile game where he teams up with the Santa Blanca cartel to fight BLM

Insanely cursed

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Vikar Jerome posted:

I uninstalled it because I wasn't having any fun with it. lmao at that spoiler, just lmao

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Holy hell the Genichiro fight is soooooo fun

I love this it rules

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Vikar Jerome posted:

It's bad OP, I tried to like it but it was a downgrade from WD2 in so many ways. I just found it boring and not fun

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The amount of times I’ve screamed “WHAT” at the screen as I try to jump over a sweep and dodge forward into it instead despite it being a completely different button

I have no idea what is happening

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Escobarbarian posted:

The amount of times I’ve screamed “WHAT” at the screen as I try to jump over a sweep and dodge forward into it instead despite it being a completely different button

I have no idea what is happening
There's not a lot you can do about that fight except build up some muscle memory to take most of the conscious button pressing out of the equation!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Escobarbarian posted:

I love this it rules

loving gonichumi of tomboy

Akuma posted:

There's not a lot you can do about that fight except build up some muscle memory to take most of the conscious button pressing out of the equation!

if you want to cheese it you can trap him in the door pretty easy actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Escobarbarian posted:

I love this it rules

Hell yeah.