Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Gave up on the Xbox app, got it to work on my phone.

- Amy Sedaris is back!
- Timothy Olyphant is Cobb Vanth! :allears:
- I guess those Boba Fett leaks were real since Temuera is right there at the end.
- Not sure how I feel about seeing adult Boba's literal face even though obviously he's going to look like all the other clones. Aside from AOTC/TCW, the armor has been his entire persona for 40 years now.
- Kinda disappointed to see the Krayt Dragon end up as just another Dune sandworm.
- The Tusken language still seems goofy as hell to me, but at least it worked better here than in S1's Tatooine episode.
- I'm almost certain I heard elements of every Obi-Wan Krayt Dragon call, from the 1977 original to the newer "stepped on a drat Lego" version when the Krayt is enraged and charges.
- I'm all for extended episode lengths this season, but I'm not sure this one warranted 52 minutes.
- Also slightly disappointed this little aside was the premiere instead of episode 3 or 4 since we have so much left to follow up on.

Solid episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Am I face blind? I had trouble deciding if that was Trevor from GTA5, Timothy Olyphant, or Jamie from Game of Thrones.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
I eventually got it to work on my Chromebook Android app an hour after it was supposed to be up, so yeah just streaming services not understanding server overload as per usual.

Solid episode though. Glad they are keeping the "Weekly Adventures of Din Jarin, Mandalorian" without overloading it with too much season-long plot stuff (although clearly this one is setting some poo poo up for later)

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Gonz posted:

That scene in the final Clone Wars season where they've captured Maul and are taking him back, right before Order 66 hits, had such an incredible synth style score and was animated to perfection.

That whole final season is A+ as far as i'm concerned. Getting Ray Park to come back and do mocap for Maul's fights was an excellent idea, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_cGNAWzYp0

I love how tense Shattered is - the air of unease was done beautifully

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I lol'd extremely hard at the outset of the episode when olyphant walks through the door in Fett's busted armor and then he gives his backstory with the armor as just something he got from Jawas, like "hey fans Fett's gone get over it." But then that teaser hit. I got played lol

Was a little light on the Baby Yoda doing cute things though, it's 2020 I need that wholesome content

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
There is a Mandalorian thread btw if the two of you didn't see it:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3946024

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Episode 2 is very good.

drat, but between this and the new Star Treks it sure feels good to have some good old-fashioned space adventures.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
The non-existent Star Wars Celebration for this year posted their new batch of official store merch. Features a lot of fun stuff, including more ESB 40th stuff, Mando stuff and sequel trilogy material. Very little/any PT or Fallen Order stuff.

https://shop.starwarscelebration.com/

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I can't explain why but a giant ant named Dr Mandible is extremely funny to me

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

site posted:

I can't explain why but a giant ant named Dr Mandible is extremely funny to me

It's loving amazing.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

SUGAAAAA

Where are my Fallen Order ponchos you cowards

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Fallen Order is coming to EA Play on Nov 10th btw. I finally get to play it :shobon: Still wish Cal Kestis wasn't another white guy hero Jedi, but I hear he's ok.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Vinylshadow posted:

SUGAAAAA

Where are my Fallen Order ponchos you cowards

Ugh. That was the silliest thing about Fallen Order. I liked that game, but the fact a huge chunk of the game's "collectibles" were ponchos that mostly looked the same was just dumb.

"Jump over these 10 small platforms, climb this wall, run along these three walls, to get another dark green poncho, but this one has an orange line down the right side! Oooh!"

edit: And other collectibles were variations of your lightsaber that you could only see when modifying your lightsaber? Very silly. A real half baked idea.

Though, I want to stress, I really like the game. Fun lightsaber combat, good story.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

teagone posted:

Fallen Order is coming to EA Play on Nov 10th btw. I finally get to play it :shobon: Still wish Cal Kestis wasn't another white guy hero Jedi, but I hear he's ok.

Cal has strong Rebels Season 1 Ezra energy but he does get better towards the end.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

edit: And other collectibles were variations of your lightsaber that you could only see when modifying your lightsaber? Very silly. A real half baked idea.

Most of the hilt options are pieces you can get at Star Wars Land, so it may have just been added for brand synergy.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Cal has strong Rebels Season 1 Ezra energy but he does get better towards the end.

I like the actor who plays him. Would be neat if he shows up in The Mandalorian.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Robot Style posted:

Most of the hilt options are pieces you can get at Star Wars Land, so it may have just been added for brand synergy.

It's still silly for it to be considered a "bonus" in the video game. And I say this as someone who lives in Orlando, and, until the pandemic hit, had Disney annual passes for my family and went to Star Wars land every once in a while.

It was silly to be all, "Congrats! You found something you'll never see in regular gameplay!"

In Assassin's Creedy Odyssey, just as an example, when you get new armor or weapons, it changes the whole look and feel of your character (depending on what you find). This, overwhelmingly, never happens in Fallen Order. I get why it would be basically impossible to make that happen with lightsaber hilts, but it makes me wonder why they bothered making them be collectibles in the first place if they don't matter at all. Even the outfits barely change how you look at all.

Again, though, I really like Fallen Order. This just feels like an aspect of the game where they were told to implement collectible gear and half assed it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I went to Galaxy's Edge just after beating FO. It may be silly, but it worked.

Or, at least it would have if they let you mix and match from the different style sets. :argh:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

teagone posted:

I like the actor who plays him. Would be neat if he shows up in The Mandalorian.

We’re at a point where there are too many living Jedi during the OT, imo

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

General Dog posted:

We’re at a point where there are too many living Jedi during the OT, imo

The Mandalorian is post-OT though. Which Jedi in the Mando timeline are still alive? Luke and sorta/kinda Leia from the movies. Ahsoka, Ezra(?), and I guess possibly the son of Hera and Kanan from the animated shows. Cal and Cere (right?) from Fallen Order. Who else?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Presumably the recruits Luke finds for his temple as well.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Thwomp posted:

Presumably the recruits Luke finds for his temple as well.

Based on the comics, I don't believe Luke even establishes a proper training temple until Ben comes of age. That might probably change though.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Mando should find the Yoda homeworld and he gets super freaked out because they all have the same weird speaking pattern, too.

Also the Yoda Planet should be an amusement park planet.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
I hope the series finale is finally discovering the Planet of the Yodas only to suddenly, fatally, discover that Yoda was in fact a midget and they've just landed on a planet full of 7 foot tall green elf monsters that eat EVERYTHING

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I wonder if when we didn't see Yoda, he was eating everything he could get his hands on. Clearly he was hiding in Dagobah for the unlimited frogs to eat.

Also, spiders.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Edit: Wrong bloody Star Wars thread!

Erev fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Nov 7, 2020

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
Again, a reminder that there is a thread dedicated to season 2 of The Mandalorian:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3946024

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Yeah, but I like this thread more.

Also, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bZxO5Dn9x0

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Moon Slayer posted:

Yeah, but I like this thread more.

:hmmyes:

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

twistedmentat posted:

I wonder if when we didn't see Yoda, he was eating everything he could get his hands on. Clearly he was hiding in Dagobah for the unlimited frogs to eat.

Also, spiders.

Wife and I were theorizing that maybe they're a species that specifically eats eggs and young. Makes all those scenes with Yoda training younglings much weirder.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Test Pattern posted:

Wife and I were theorizing that maybe they're a species that specifically eats eggs and young. Makes all those scenes with Yoda training younglings much weirder.

Yoda watching Anakin kill the younglings: "WASTE NOT SUCH GOOD FOOD YOU MUST! YOU HAVE LEARNED NOTHING! OBI-WAN! KILL HIM!"

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
If you wanna pull it back a layer it makes sense that a tiny green goblin species would be opportunistic in going for easy food. Surely not all of them in history are force badasses, and they had to evolve as tiny lovely little green goblins.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
The only 3 we know of were Force users, so that's 100%

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Anarcho-Commissar posted:

The only 3 we know of were Force users, so that's 100%

We know of 3?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Sammus posted:

We know of 3?

Yoda, The Child, and Yaddle, who was only seen for a second in the Episode 1 Jedi council scenes.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Yaddle was mentioned in Fallen Order - albeit in a piece of throwaway dialogue during the trips between planets, and I really hope they do something with her at some point

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Was great seeing Bo-Katan on screen and it looks like we will in fact see Ahsoka next episode. which leaves me torn between very excited and personally unenthusiastic about Rosario.

I was actually surprised at the end, seeing it was only 30 minutes long, felt like a full length episode

site fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Nov 13, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

site posted:

Was great seeing Bo-Katan on screen and it looks like we will in fact see Ahsoka next episode. which leaves me torn between very excited and personally unenthusiastic about Rosario.

There’s no way they go right to Ahsoka. The crest is falling apart not to mention all the other poo poo Mando’s going through so I expect his trip to get derailed one way or another and the rest of the season will be working towards going to see Ahsoka or her getting wind Mando is looking for her and coming to the rescue against Gideon

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

site posted:

I was actually surprised at the end, seeing it was only 30 minutes long, felt like a full length episode

Given that this isn't the dedicated Mando thread, it would probably be a good idea to put that beginning part behind spoiler text, too, like I just did.

I mean, I've watched it, but some people might come in here and not there assuming they'd be safe until they get out of work or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Carl Weathers directed the next episode. No loving way Filoni lets anyone other than himself introduce live-action Ahsoka. Filoni directed episode 5 :supaburn: