Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
mashle seems very uninterested in characters presented as evil 'muahaha watch me beat up the supporting cast for dubious reasons' mcevilface. they've all got their own stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I continue to enjoy Magu-chan I hope you all do as well.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Mashle
loadin carbs, makin friends, punchin dudes.

Tired: boy meets girl
Wired: fist meets face

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

The scanlators caught up with Ao Ashi, no more daily football/soccer manga :negative:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They released like 7 chapters today though. So if you stick to one a day you've got another week of daily chapters!

Very good manga though. I'm surprised i'd never heard of it before I started reading a couple of months ago.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

CodfishCartographer posted:

The last page of Mashle is great this week

Agravity Boys surprising me with paying off stuff set up in chapter 1. It's not a one-pieced hundreds-chapter-long setup, but it's still impressive!

Roboco continues being fantastic with its meta humor. It really is the top dog comedy series right now.

Magu-chan also continues to be heart-warming and never fails to make me smile. I didn't realize Halloween was so obscure in Japan? Maybe just in more rural areas.

I dig the art for Phantom Seer's title page this week. Shame it's otherwise pretty generic and forgettable.

Finally, we can find out who would make the best girl. A plot line 41 chapters in the making.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Nov 2, 2020

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sensei arc in We Never Learn continues to be good.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

Sensei arc in We Never Learn continues to be good.

Very.

Glad for my ally chumbler.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

That last punch felt soooo good. Also, new teammate acquired so let's just ignore all the student's he's kidnapped and such

Yes. Good ending.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

mashle seems very uninterested in characters presented as evil 'muahaha watch me beat up the supporting cast for dubious reasons' mcevilface. they've all got their own stories.
Maybe these new guys will be evil.

Chapters like this is why I keep reading Agravity Boys. It's very hit and miss comedy, but the Mangaka keeps tying back into previous jokes and offhand mentions in such insane ways. It's really amazing. Even better is that the first chapter ofcourse seemed to hint heavily that Chris would become a girl, instead all the other do 42 chapters later.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
If I wanted to catch up on World Trigger with the new anime coming, read manga or leisurely watch anime? I figure the new anime is going to end before catching up to wherever the manga is currently.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Wait, I didn't know there was a new World Trigger anime coming. Does it continue where the old anime left off, or it's FMA:Brotherhood deal and it restarts the story from beginning? The old World Trigger anime wasn't super bad IIRC, but it had the "long running not well-known Shonen anime" syndrome with all the budget limits and padding it implies.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
It's a continuation and it looks just as poorly animated as the first anime.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Verndio ch. 3

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfNQe9t0ohs

Cool voice acted Mission Yozakura chapter.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
NO! Stop loving learning Mahito, Just stop! :fuckoff:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Really need to see Mahito dead like, immediately.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I actually quite enjoy Mahito as a villain. (Though I kind of wish Jogo stuck around too) Though it's a shame he keeps killing people we like.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

I actually quite enjoy Mahito as a villain. (Though I kind of wish Jogo stuck around too) Though it's a shame he keeps killing people we like.

Mahito is absolutely nailing his role as the villain and this arc has really shined him up to a mirror sheen. I love his character but I still want him to get out of the narrative. I got a chill down my spine mixed with an adrenaline rush when the last spread dropped. I knew it was coming but I didn't expect him to go about it this way.

Speaking of nailing villains

Mash is wrapping up the puppetmaster arc.
Mangaplus
Viz
Shame he's going to have his secret blown but Dumbledore will probably help sweep this under the rug

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Roboco owns as always

Agravity Boys Girls was sadly kind of yikes this week. I was looking forward to dumb hijinks with the gang turning into girls, buuuut instead we get lots of surface-level gender jokes. I was a little worried at first that Geralt became dumb when he turned into a girl, but it was explained as all the major character traits flipping so that made sense. But then they're also all overly emotional cus women, amirite fellas?? There were a couple okay jokes with the other crew's reaction but otherwise it wasn't a great chapter.

Mashle was great this week, except for the teaser that Mash might be some chosen one or something. I'm hoping it's a setup for some long-term joke, though. Part of the charm is Mash is just some dumb kid who trained real hard, not anyone born special or anything. The plot twist of him potentially getting expelled could be interesting though, I love a good status quo shakeup.

Magu-chan - Hermit Crab Catapult!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

CodfishCartographer posted:

Roboco owns as always

Agravity Boys Girls was sadly kind of yikes this week. I was looking forward to dumb hijinks with the gang turning into girls, buuuut instead we get lots of surface-level gender jokes. I was a little worried at first that Geralt became dumb when he turned into a girl, but it was explained as all the major character traits flipping so that made sense. But then they're also all overly emotional cus women, amirite fellas?? There were a couple okay jokes with the other crew's reaction but otherwise it wasn't a great chapter.

The mangaka draws women in super weird ways.
What the gently caress is up with these knees

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
She’s digitigrade.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZlt6ySk888

Live recording of Kirisu fans reacting to the latest chapter of We Never Learn

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lol at this week's We Never Learn

(kinda NWS)

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Mulderman posted:

It's a continuation and it looks just as poorly animated as the first anime.

Yeah I would like for it to be good but I don't expect it to be.

The plus side is this conversation inspired me to reread World Trigger and it's just as good as it's always been. Honestly I'm amazed it lasted long enough to become popular, both because of how understated it is and because it doesn't really find itself until 35 chapters in. But I'm glad it did. It's tough to follow it monthly, but given the author's poor health I'm glad we're getting anything.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Turns out Geralt's hosed up knees are the real reason he needs a special toilet.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

her arms are hosed up too

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Glad that WSJ immediately killed what goodwill it had from firing the Act-Age guy by giving the Toriko dude a new series but hey I guess that's what being friends with Oda buys you

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Blockhouse posted:

Glad that WSJ immediately killed what goodwill it had from firing the Act-Age guy by giving the Toriko dude a new series but hey I guess that's what being friends with Oda buys you

I think they gave it to him because he's the Toriko dude

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Blockhouse posted:

Yeah, was very disappointed when I saw that he was coming back with a new series.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Oh Snapple! posted:

I think they gave it to him because he's the Toriko dude

Man, it's wild that everyone will ignore that you're a statutory rapist if you just draw a mediocre shonen manga that never actually sold or rated that well and you mysteriously get to keep going and finish it, complete with an anime, for reasons that are surely totally unrelated to being friends/ex co-workers with the most popular artist in the field.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i mean goodwill shouldn't have been given just on the basis of the act-age thing

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
What I'm saying is Oda is Hulk Hogan and Shimabukuro is Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake except you replace cocaine with underage girls.

dogsicle posted:

i mean goodwill shouldn't have been given just on the basis of the act-age thing

Yeah "goodwill" was too strong of a word there in hindsight

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they did basically the same thing with act-age as they did back when shimabukuro was first arrested. his popular years-long series at the time was cancelled and then a couple years later he came back. oda's involvement is probably the finger on the scales there but because this exact thing has happened before i wouldn't find it unexpected if the act-age guy showed up again.

granted this stuff is literally old enough to vote, i just have some pause because the punishment then was basically a fine and public shame with a relatively quick turnaround on them bringing him back. hard to say whether he turned around or has become so shielded in this stuff that any further incidents haven't come out.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 9, 2020

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

He finally said it in We Never Learn. A shame that this arc will be short like the others.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So is the series (We Never Learn) just going to be over when this arc is done?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Barring a surprise extra route or harem route or something, it seems that way. I'll miss it.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Man, it's wild that everyone will ignore that you're a statutory rapist if you just draw a mediocre shonen manga that never actually sold or rated that well and you mysteriously get to keep going and finish it, complete with an anime, for reasons that are surely totally unrelated to being friends/ex co-workers with the most popular artist in the field.
Hard to say Toriko didn't sell well when it has over 20 million copies in circulation. You don't have to like the guy for what he did, but the manga is unironically really good.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

That whole mess happened during his first series that one did get axed. Toriko happened a few years later.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
It's kinda unfair to compare what the Toriko mangaka did with what the Act-Age writer did since the two did different things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
loving an underaged teen vs groping a child

For added fun toss in not getting rid of old CP after it was made illegal. Shouts to Watsuki.

Watsuki also one of Oda's friends lol

Act Age Writer is likely turbo hosed as times and media are way different.