Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
The app has been blissfully draining my tablet battery at an alarming rate. Has something new happened or is it just mining bitcoins for our overlord?

Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 if that helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

6h in background sounds weird. Try killing the app.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sereri posted:

Ok now what, genius?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Sereri posted:

Oh I did, just not sure why it did that in the first place and figured I'd let you know. :shrug:

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Sereri posted:

Yeah even after I closed it it was still draining battery and ran in the background like 16 hours.

I uninstalled it, thought about my life for a few minutes, and reinstalled, discovering in the process that I was on the beta branch? So I fixed that and will see how it goes I guess.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Welp, just pushed the button. Now all of you have to deal with this.

/e: lmao the exact same release from the open beta is getting reviewed again. See you next week then.

Sereri fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 30, 2020

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Something is happening with this poster's av

waddler posted:

Enemies sent when targeting Attackers are cloned and sent to ALL attackers, so they probably multiplied that way.

It looks like a gang tag then a huge space

If you tap the image, it grows and populates an av as well

Don't know if it's fucky on PC as well

The Bloop fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Oct 31, 2020

astral
Apr 26, 2004

The Bloop posted:

Something is happening with this poster's av

They have an old HTML av that it looks like someone messed up changing; I'll queue a fix for it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

astral posted:

They have an old HTML av that it looks like someone messed up changing; I'll queue a fix for it.

Faster than my screenshot edit

Thanks

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Random posting button suggestion: a quote break that you can put in a big (or small, but why?) post you're quoting to add reversed tags (/q then q), splitting the quote so parts can be replied to as it goes. This is super easy on PC and annoying on phone.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Oh I like that one, going on the list. Considering this seems easy to implement you might see it in your lifetime.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Sereri posted:

Oh I like that one, going on the list. Considering this seems easy to implement you might see it in your lifetime.

Don't forget to close and reopen any bbcode tags that straddle the quote-break!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I read all the update notes. Hi!

Thanks as always for your efforts

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

pokeyman posted:

Don't forget to close and reopen any bbcode tags that straddle the quote-break!

Well this is already dead to me

The Bloop posted:

I read all the update notes. Hi!

Thanks as always for your efforts

:wave:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Update posted:

Fixed probation time parsing
:toot: although sadly I didn't notice the update until after my probe ran out.

Also I was asking about imgur uploader .webp support earlier, but I just found out that the actual imgur upload site does not support them despite imgur itself commonly hosting them :psyduck:
So, uh, nevermind.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sereri posted:

Well this is already dead to me

Do it or I'm demanding a refund. :colbert:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Do it AND I'm demanding a refund!!!!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Hi!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Well now I really want a refund.

nordichammer
Oct 11, 2013
Yo just wanna say that this app is great and the feature to find your posts in a thread instantly is amazing.

Thanks for the work

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

nordichammer posted:

Yo just wanna say that this app is great and the feature to find your posts in a thread instantly is amazing.

Thanks for the work

It's "find you are posts" in a thread.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

The app continues to rule, just wanted to mention on the Pixel 5 it sometimes crashes while formatting an embedded tweet. I.e. the plain text tweet will load, but then before it switches to the nice looking inline tweet, it crashes

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
same thing on my Pixel 7 XL

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
How do I find you are posts?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Tortilla Maker posted:

Turn on your monitor

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Tortilla Maker posted:

Sorry, you can only find you are posts. They are in the three-dot menu in a thread.

smoobles posted:

The app continues to rule, just wanted to mention on the Pixel 5 it sometimes crashes while formatting an embedded tweet. I.e. the plain text tweet will load, but then before it switches to the nice looking inline tweet, it crashes

Wait, so does the entire app crash?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Yeah, it’s exceedingly rare (crashes once maybe every hour of using the app) and seems to *only* happen when a tweet is loading on my screen, but not every time a tweet is loading

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Probation message on the app was working good for a while, but today it didn't show up at all.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
Can I not post new threads in any subforum because of the app or because I'm an rear end in a top hat

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Maytag posted:

Can I not post new threads in any subforum because of the app or because I'm an rear end in a top hat

It’s more of the first but we can’t rule out the second entirely.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
The second is true of all of us, hence the reason for the first.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
No post
Only Reply

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
It's for the best

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

Maytag posted:

It's for the best

yo I like your av

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Anyone else having issues on the Android app where it crashes when you tap the [...] at the top of a user's post? Been doing this to me for the past couple of days now making it impossible to quote someone's post without the whole app crashing.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Happy Landfill posted:

Anyone else having issues on the Android app where it crashes when you tap the [...] at the top of a user's post? Been doing this to me for the past couple of days now making it impossible to quote someone's post without the whole app crashing.

Please make sure you have the latest version of the app as well as Chrome/Android Webview (depend on your Android version) installed.

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Probation message on the app was working good for a while, but today it didn't show up at all.

ugggghhhhhh

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Sereri posted:

Please make sure you have the latest version of the app as well as Chrome/Android Webview (depend on your Android version) installed.

That seemed to be the problem. :doh:

Thanks! Appreciate it!

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
I absolutely adore the current thread title, but maybe it's time to finally change it?

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

yo I like your av

Thanks I won a contest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Hipster_Doofus posted:

I absolutely adore the current thread title, but maybe it's time to finally change it?
it's still perfect