Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

RustyKnight posted:

I'm getting really inclined to get myself this, Vortex Core

my partner is getting mad at me saying that I am trying really hard to find worst keyboard possible

that looks kind of fun and stupid but not $89 fun and stupid. also not wireless, that's dumb.

and you can go gently caress yourself if you plan to use that as your regular keyboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

if i have to use a modifier key for poo poo like numbers, braces, and brackets, i will break that keyboard in half

10key for life

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Roosevelt posted:

10key for life

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Bloody posted:

dont like that enter key placement

yeah I'm going to move it

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
can I get a version with membrane switches though

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

I want extra small keyboard for work, it's mostly copy paste and inserting names/numbers so small 60% is actually ideal

side note: today I went to office for temporary office keyboard so I won't need to keep laptop lid half open, its so goddamn filthy that I have to press some of the keys harder than others, also it's full size so I don't have enough space for mouse movement, 60% is a must, I'll rather pass that extra small one

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
please for a negligible amount of money you could have purchased a brand new keyboard in a shop instead of going to the office to get some plagueboard. or even have one delivered. why do you torture me so

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

bobbilljim posted:

please for a negligible amount of money you could have purchased a brand new keyboard in a shop instead of going to the office to get some plagueboard. or even have one delivered. why do you torture me so

It was free, but it made me spend my saving money for this month on a brand new keyboard, I had to wash my hands after using this thing, this is how disgusting it was

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!
https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/jos34b/i_design_fake_inventions_and_today_i_created_the/

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

here's the tiktok, twitter and youtube versions in one convenient link

https://twitter.com/mattyxb/status/1324822519472394246

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
"Standing up with no standing desk"
Who needs neck anyway, gently caress the neck

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

bobbilljim posted:

here's the tiktok, twitter and youtube versions in one convenient link

https://twitter.com/mattyxb/status/1324822519472394246

The ergonomics of this look p.poo poo though because you're looking down at the screen?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
its just a dumb joke

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

its just a dumb joke

dsyp :xd:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
standing desks are bullshit anyways. if you actually can work more than 2 hours a day standing up you're either loving around on zooms, a psychopath, or both

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

u kno jonny, many jobs require you to be on your feet the entire day. personally i dont think those workers are (all) psychopaths

hot dog event
Apr 17, 2002

standing desk was such a game changer for me. i am about 50/50 sit stand and my wrists feel a lot better on a desk that is the right height

i bought it end of April and will probably continue to favor wfh because my work desk is terrible now in comparison

hot dog event
Apr 17, 2002

as it related to keyboardchat i'd like to get a TKL but the keyboard cultists are just as bad as the sneakerheads with these drops and everyone buying poo poo up and jacking the price up. i need my 6-key home block and inverted T for workflow

thought about soldering one together from a PCB but i don't know much about how to do it properly

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!
I am real tired of the preorders and drops and group buys too. If you’re looking for a TKL you have plenty of prebuilt options though, check out WASD keyboards for instance

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

bobbilljim posted:

u kno jonny, many jobs require you to be on your feet the entire day. personally i dont think those workers are (all) psychopaths

ok in a computer toucher context

walking is way better than standing imo qtiyd

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

all standing or all sitting is no good. changing positions is what a sit/stand desk is about.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

SamDabbers posted:

all standing or all sitting is no good. changing positions is what a sit/stand desk is about.

mechanical keyboards: the best keyboard is the one you walk away from forever

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

pre ordered a ducky one 2 mini, can't wait to learn it's actually garbage

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

carry on then posted:

persuasive argument

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

carry on then posted:

agree

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

I got a random 3lb box of dcs keycaps yeaterday. sorted out all the different sizes, and now just left with a bunch of the normal size and need to sort out the different rows. some rows are easy to tell apart but, gosh darnit, some are pretty hard

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Roosevelt posted:

if i have to use a modifier key for poo poo like numbers, braces, and brackets, i will break that keyboard in half

10key for life

poo poo I'd pay good money for two sets of the alphabet one upper case one lower case so I can throw the shift key in the toilet where it belngs

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
I bought a keyboard without a physical volume knob and I regret it, I might end up buying one of those big USB ones to spin around

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

I bought a keyboard without a physical volume knob and I regret it, I might end up buying one of those big USB ones to spin around

they made keyboards with volume knobs?

fake edit: if you want to spin a big knob just roll in your chair :V

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

get the Griffin PowerMate it’ll be worth it

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

eschaton posted:

get the Griffin PowerMate it’ll be worth it

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

having used the griffin powermate for a few years now, it’s really nice (excellent knobfeel) but occasionally I have to restart the app because it stops working. would be nice if it just worked as a standard keyboard input.

hot dog event
Apr 17, 2002

powermate crew checking in

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

posting new keeb

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

RustyKnight posted:

posting new keeb

I strongly disagree with home/end positioning, but otherwise nice.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
whats a good cheap keyboard w a numpad

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
velocifire vm01

Also, on that - I tried silentmodding my vm01 and accidentally unsocketed the stab on my enter key.
Taped it down and honestly enjoying enter being silent and not clinky. The stiffness of the key itself didn't change. Is it worth doing for the rest of my keyboard or it's going to be a big regret in the future?
Spacebar metallic noise is killing me tbh even after bandaid mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

Dell KB216-B QuietKey but it is a membrane one, probably the best one you can get in that price range