Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

😌

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Just saw that Pop Dog is free, bringing back some much needed energy for the Ravens

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

It came out today on sports radio that this was specifically Minkah Fitzpatrick

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
2 Bengals test positive for Covid. Fred Johnson and Tre Waynes.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

D-LINK posted:

salute

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

D-LINK posted:

He’s so great. Easily the most likable steeler of my lifetime

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

thrilla in vanilla posted:

He’s so great. Easily the most likable steeler of my lifetime

He's got to work hard to steal that from Joe Haden

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Flikken posted:

He's got to work hard to steal that from Joe Haden

Jumpman is a really, really good person

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Most likeable steeler of all time is easily James Harrison imo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

D-LINK posted:

Jumpman is a really, really good person

Michael Jordan never played football sir

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Ben Roethlisberger has a face you can't help but like

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hines is my favorite Steeler. Absolutely love to hate.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

casey hampton

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

L. Foote

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
You people are just trying to force me to name the obvious answer but I won't fall for it.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

the only two cool steelers in history are troy polamalu and antwaan randle el. nb: i consider james harrison most well known for his career on the bengals

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

the only two cool steelers in history are troy polamalu and antwaan randle el. nb: i consider james harrison most well known for his career on the bengals

ravens legend james harrison was a bengal?

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
We don’t nearly talk enough about Willie Parker as we used to

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
"Fast" Willie Parker

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

He was fast, but this now the Benny Snell Football era

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

I'm looking at the ravens schedule and I'm not sure why I thought this was going to be a "rough stretch".

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Colts are good
Pats were supposed to be good.
Titans are good
Pittsburgh is Pittsburgh

This is the tough part of the schedule when you figure we get the NFC East and Ohio teams for the rest of the season.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
So the Ravens have now won in Buffalo, Philly, and Indianapolis. Is Minnesota the only place we haven't won? Not counting Vegas yet.

Also I might go back to ragging on them next week but I'll tip my cap to the coaches this week. I'll call off the dogs for a week. But its gotta be consistent for me to stop long term.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Nov 8, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ravens have the easiest schedule in history this season. really going to hurt them during the afc divisional and championship rounds

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

We've also never won in Chicago. Jesus christ! These NFCN teams. And we only beat GB because Rodgers was out. We'll get a chance at Chicago next year. But Minnesota will be at least till 2025 :(

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Colts are good
Pats were supposed to be good.
Titans are good
Pittsburgh is Pittsburgh

This is the tough part of the schedule when you figure we get the NFC East and Ohio teams for the rest of the season.

At the point in the season where the Pats looked good, the Cowboys and Browns also looked like they could be dangerous, but now that the colts game is over it really feels like an absurdly easy season from here out, especially if you manage to steal one against the titans or steelers. there isn't another game on the schedule that looks like a loss, even if the offense never wakes up

chamois fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Nov 8, 2020

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Denver Broncos won the superbowl in 1998

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

So the Ravens have now won in Buffalo, Philly, and Indianapolis. Is Minnesota the only place we haven't won? Not counting Vegas yet.

Also I might go back to ragging on them next week but I'll tip my cap to the coaches this week. I'll call off the dogs for a week. But its gotta be consistent for me to stop long term.

i wont be called off i demand coach blood

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Steelers got the Egg game out of the way . Wins here on out

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

BrownThunder posted:

Steelers got the Egg game out of the way . Wins here on out

I mean wins are wins.. but we're going to get Tebow'd so bad in the playoffs.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Barreft posted:

I mean wins are wins.. but we're going to get Tebow'd so bad in the playoffs.

Whole lotta season left. We're barely into Nov

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Come and try to take the win fucko

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

just watched the game on rewind and Marcus Peters most likely won the game with that bullshit INT right after the disheartening Gus Edwards goal line fumble

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i just watched the game on rewind, and all of the receivers were throwing the ball back to the quarterbacks and the running backs were running backwards. ravens offense looked great in the 2nd half.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I just watched the game rewind and...Joe Flacco won a Superbowl????

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mystic Stylez posted:

just watched the game on rewind and Marcus Peters most likely won the game with that bullshit INT right after the disheartening Gus Edwards goal line fumble

having watched that INT a couple more times, I know what they're referring to regarding the rules. I definitely agree that if it was a WR catching it, no one would really give a second thought to it.

it really comes down to when he establishes control, which you could argue happens the second it hits his hands. then he gets both feet down, and then there's a cross between attempting to bring the ball in/he takes a third step. even if it's all while falling backwards, it counts as a 'football move' (one of the most bullshit descriptors in sports, but also kind of necessary given that the NFL still doesn't realize they can just define a catch as something that you know it when you see it).

they removed the dumbass part of the rule where the catch has to survive to the ground, so that differentiates it from the dez bryant and other such old catches.

by the letter of it, it does make total sense. the thing that sucks about it is that i have no idea how consistently they make this call. any given week they probably just call it incomplete or let the ruling on the field stand. and that's more where lovely feeling around the call it justified

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

tbf if harbaugh didn't take a gamble on that challenge it would've just went on as if nothing happened. i would guess that kind of thing happens more often but it gets ruled incomplete and nobody even knows to challenge it.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

chamois posted:

tbf if harbaugh didn't take a gamble on that challenge it would've just went on as if nothing happened. i would guess that kind of thing happens more often but it gets ruled incomplete and nobody even knows to challenge it.

agree, I thought it was a really dumb challenge but turns out I'm not an NFL coach

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

personally i'm just glad Dez was there to see it firsthand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mystic Stylez posted:

We would have won either way honestly. They weren't doing anything that whole half.