Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaster
Nov 15, 2007

Judging by the comments from Graham and Cruz that he just retweeted, the Senate at least for now seems to have shifted into at least nominally playing along with his game. Which is a little concerning.

I wonder if Trump has threatened to take the party down with him if they don't. We may be looking at a hostage situation here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

"I saw a man enter the counting facility. He was wearing a ring. Here's where he stored the ballots."

And for anyone who hasn't seen it, the best joke I've seen so far:

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1325586499925106688

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Jaster posted:

Judging by the comments from Graham and Cruz that he just retweeted, the Senate at least for now seems to have shifted into at least nominally playing along with his game. Which is a little concerning.

I wonder if Trump has threatened to take the party down with him if they don't. We may be looking at a hostage situation here.

To be fair, the GOP would have those two vanish mysteriously and replace them without shedding a tear.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hollismason posted:

I mean as much as I want a peaceful transition , there is a small part of me that wants to see Trump forcefully removed from the White House.

That would still be a peaceful transition so long as trump didn’t have his own forces to challenge the dc police or whoever.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

It's 2020 it's time to bring back tubgirl

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Jaster posted:

Could they just think that delaying the transition as long as possible will make Biden stumble out of the gate?

spite house fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Nov 9, 2020

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Jaster posted:

I guess since we don't negotiate with terrorists we're going to have to let him shoot the hostages.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Phoix posted:

One man, one jar full of ballots.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Jaster posted:

I wonder why they're still playing along? Trump already gave them the supreme court. They're perfectly okay with letting the Presidency slip for four years as long as they have the Senate. Trump has nothing they want.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

I didn’t send just goatse, tubgirl, lemonparty, the giver, etc. I hope they enjoyed the images!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

McCracAttack posted:

I wonder why they're still playing along? Trump already gave them the supreme court. They're perfectly okay with letting the Presidency slip for four years as long as they have the Senate. Trump has nothing they want.

Lindsay Graham is reported to still be compromised by other, personal factors.

I don't even think it's the obvious thing. I think he's up to some completely illegal poo poo.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

im sorry to ask but could someone post the two towers meme?

the gf wants to see it

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Is it just Graham and Cruz?

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Skippy McPants posted:

So what do you think his platform of choice will be when Twitter inevitably axes his account?

Miiverse

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Night10194 posted:

Is it just Graham and Cruz?

Collins is "leading the recount" in Georgia but I have no idea what that actually means

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Phoix posted:

I just did lol

I'd love to be a fly on the wall of trump staffers reading these.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Blue Raider posted:

I'd love to be a fly on the hair of trump staffers reading these.

Fixed.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
I forgot one, I need to find that pic of that right wing girl who got drunk and poo poo her pants in college. I found myself a project for later tonight again.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

im sorry to ask but could someone post the two towers meme?

the gf wants to see it

https://i.imgur.com/HjdLWwk.mp4

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man how did Cruz turn into one of Trump's biggest buttsuckers? I thought he loving hated Trump's guts.

Jaster
Nov 15, 2007

McCracAttack posted:

Trump has nothing they want.

Trump has the sole attention and rabid loyalty of millions upon millions of Republican Voters. He could absolutely drive a wedge in their whole system if he decides to.

I don't think it's a game he would win, but he could sure nuke a couple election cycles trying.

Personally I'm here for it if it goes down that road (Godzilla: "Let Them Fight" meme.gif here), but if you're the RNC it makes sense why you would try to bend over backwards to let him down easy and at least pretend to put up a resistance for him to try to keep him as kingmaker rather than leader of the splintering.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

MJeff posted:

Man how did Cruz turn into one of Trump's biggest buttsuckers? I thought he loving hated Trump's guts.

Dedication to principles has never been part of Cruz's appeal.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007

If I called them, I should go old school and ask if they've got Prince Albert in a can.

aRudeTeen
Jul 13, 2003

MJeff posted:

You see, Ted Cruz also hates his wife.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Trump isn't going to squat in the white house don't be ridiculous.

He is going to squat in Mara lago and declare it the southern whitehouse while beating the civil war drums and issuing "executive orders"

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Trump isn't going to squat in the white house don't be ridiculous.

He is going to squat in Mara lago and declare it the southern whitehouse while beating the civil war drums and issuing "executive orders"

I truly believe the most likely outcome is Trump living in Florida and just pretending he's president.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
A large portion of the savings in M4A, as with the savings in Medicaid, *does* come from reduced administrative costs, a lot of which would be salaries. It is still a dramatic overall benefit but there would be a transition cost.

Edit: dammit wrong thread

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Nov 9, 2020

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

aPoliteAdult posted:

You see, Ted Cruz also hates his wife.

Also is a contrarian piece of poo poo.

Has no spine

Is probably the Zodiac Killer

And will stab anyone in the back if it means gaining anything.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

A large portion of the savings in M4A, as with the savings in Medicaid, *does* come from reduced administrative costs, a lot of which would be salaries. It is still a dramatic overall benefit but there would be a transition cost.

I think it's important to divide this into two categories. There's normal medical administration, which is necessary and occurs under any system, and insurance administration which doesn't really happen to the same degree under public systems*. But, hell, those folks can go deal with automotive or home claims for all I give a gently caress.

* Insurance is only eliminated where all medical services are covered, which they aren't in Canada at least. We still have medical insurance to deal with dental and vision poo poo.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

As someone who lives in CT, that transition cost is several tens of thousands of middle class (ish) jobs. I'm only including US-based for arguments' sake.

There are very good arguments for M4A, but the transition cost is non-trivial and I haven't seen any plan which addresses it (though I'd be interested to read if one of the proposals does).

If too much a derail I'll take this elsewhere.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007

Ynglaur posted:

As someone who lives in CT, that transition cost is several tens of thousands of middle class (ish) jobs. I'm only including US-based for arguments' sake.

There are very good arguments for M4A, but the transition cost is non-trivial and I haven't seen any plan which addresses it (though I'd be interested to read if one of the proposals does).

I seem to recall the sanders plan including a phase of covering transition costs for workers displaced by the change?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Ynglaur posted:

I'm also in CT (and also have a Marathon logo as a tattoo!), and do you remember when Atena said they were going to leave the state of we didn't tax them right? What I'm getting at is gently caress insurance companies.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Hijinks Ensue posted:

If I called them, I should go old school and ask if they've got Prince Albert in a can.

They should see if their refrigerator is running.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
If you haven't told them of the encounter you had in west Philadelphia, in where there were a couple of guys who were up to no good, now's a good time to do so.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/ProBirdRights/status/1325575741656821760?s=20

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Glumwheels posted:

I didn’t send just goatse, tubgirl, lemonparty, the giver, etc. I hope they enjoyed the images!

The... Giver? I know all the others, but I've never heard of The Giver.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Every kid born after 1982 read it in school, it's not that obscure, man.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

He's the yin to goatse's yang.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

e. ^^^ More like Mr Goatse is the yin to the Giver's wang heyooooooo

Goatman was captioned as 'The Receiver' on the OG site.

It had a link to a page with 'The Giver', a photoshopped picture of a guy whose dick reached his sternum.

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Nov 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
I think this Four Seasons thing will never stop being funny to me. Like ten years from now, if someone whispers "Four Seasons Landscaping" to me I will collapse in laughter.