Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

More like oldflawless :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GeekyManatee
Jul 12, 2011

Even if it's from a pizza joint that I dislike, the sight of pepperoni on cheese will *always* make me drool

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Moroccan Spiced Pork Loin Roast.

Was saving the roast for some company, but I don’t think that’s happening anytime soon.

Recipe is from FoodWishes.com. Chef John rarely steers me wrong.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

From the pizza thread:

toplitzin posted:

I wonder if I can get kenji's Detroit pizza to spread nice into one of the fancy brownie pans for a superior all edge Detroit pizza.

:hmmyes:

So...

it turns out...

Yes.

Yes you loving can.

Half sausage, half pineapple, all jalapeno, pepperoni, and bell peppers.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

toplitzin posted:

From the pizza thread:

So...

it turns out...

Yes.

Yes you loving can.

I just ate some edibles and this is like blowing my loving mind :captainpop:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

toplitzin posted:

From the pizza thread:

So...

it turns out...

Yes.

Yes you loving can.

holy poo poo

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Olpainless posted:

It's been a bit of a day today... But at least taking the time to cook up a treat can make anyone feel better.

Today we ended up having ballotine of chicken, stuffed with brie and wrapped with serrano ham, pan fried in butter and then slowly simmered in a mustard, cream and vermouth sauce with spinach. Served up with green beans and asparagus, and some chunky triple cooked chips.

hell yeah

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

holy poo poo that pizza

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

:eyepop:

why is this pan so expensive

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Torquemada posted:

Meatballs, a low-effort meal after work.

Gonna need the recipe for this.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
I am not the world's biggest fan of detroit style crust (just a dumb personal opinion don't at me)

but that is seriously inspired pizza.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Moroccan Spiced Pork Loin Roast.

Was saving the roast for some company, but I don’t think that’s happening anytime soon.

Recipe is from FoodWishes.com. Chef John rarely steers me wrong.

This looks divine.

toplitzin posted:

From the pizza thread:

So...

it turns out...

Yes.

Yes you loving can.

gently caress ME.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Pollyanna posted:

Gonna need the recipe for this.

50-50 pork and beef with a decent amount of fat, a whole egg, grated pecorino romano, seasoned with salt, pepper, and thyme. Kenji has a trick with powdered gelatine you might want to try.
Roast some cherry tomatoes and tomato paste with salt and pepper, olive oil and oregano, then blend. Add to the pan on the left, which is onions frying with garlic, sage and olive oil.
Brown the balls on either side and put everything in a tray and cook for about 30 minutes in a hot oven. I got into the habit of making these monster meatballs years ago because they seem to stay moister, there’s nothing to stop you making them rounder and smaller.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
i made meatballs last night actually and pro tip: squeeze a lemon into the mixture. it will not make them taste like lemons, the acidity will make your balls more tender and it brightens the flavors inside as well. that's how my italian gramma does it.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

For my meatballs I don’t brown them at all. I just plop them in the gravy and in about 45 minutes to an hour they are done. Gravy flavors the meatballs. Meatballs flavor the gravy.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
yeah right, I learned my lesson last time someone offered me one weird trick to make my balls more tender

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

For my meatballs I don’t brown them at all. I just plop them in the gravy and in about 45 minutes to an hour they are done. Gravy flavors the meatballs. Meatballs flavor the gravy.

for me it depends what i am making, i made a quick scratch sauce for pasta and so had to bake the meatballs separate to save on stove space and time. my grams would usually fry her balls, or use the gravy cook method as you said.

TheAardvark posted:

yeah right, I learned my lesson last time someone offered me one weird trick to make my balls more tender

yeah man, dipping your scrotty into lemonade at fourth of july last year made us all realize some very difficult truths

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
extremely rude to contaminate the lemonade bowl with pubes

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Waterbed Wendy posted:

for me it depends what i am making, i made a quick scratch sauce for pasta and so had to bake the meatballs separate to save on stove space and time. my grams would usually fry her balls, or use the gravy cook method as you said.

My grandma is where the original recipe comes from, and she actually browns them too. My mom is the one who decided to start cooking them directly in the gravy 40 years ago, and my whole family has never looked back since.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Thinking of making meatballs but then smooshing them into a bowl as a free ICSA chili entry :v:

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Turning sharply away from meatballs for dinner tonight, just in time for Meatless Monday...

General Tso’s Tofu!

I like adding some veggies to this when I’m making the vegetarian version. If I’m using chicken then you don’t really need to pad the plate out with other flavors 🤠

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
AZ has finally cooled off enough to start making hot soups and chili. made stock from the carcass from roast chicken night and wing tips. I love home made chicken noodle.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Roast acorn squash, salad, Italian sausage.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Tomato curry getting made:

Gobi Matar

made some rice as well

the curry has a bunch of clove in it, super good stuff.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Phoned it in today, just wasn't feeling cooking.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Wife is visiting family tonight... I am released from the food allergy—picky eater prison.

Was going to make a nice Philly Cheesesteak, but now I don’t feel like going to the store. I am now ordering a pizza.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I always, always brown my balls.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Before

After

Epilogue

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Women's state of origin so went with the pub grub of chicken Parmis.

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009

Pozole cooked with mint

Pork neck and shoulder, with bay leaves

Guajillo, garlic, onion

Combined and simmered until tender, pozole done, time for toppings

I chose lettuce, onion, powdered chile parado, crumbled ghost pepper, dry oregano, and lime juice

Enjoyed with toasted corn tortillas with sour cream, tequila and beer

ogarza fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 14, 2020

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Vegan Saag “Paneer”

Went with fried tofu instead of fried cheese.still came out delicious.

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
Made hainan chicken and rice (not pictured my left hand I burned when I accidentally poured boiling hot chicken water on it). Probably could've used more chicken broth for the rice.

Karenina
Jul 10, 2013

Tonight was borscht night. It was good until I threw in some sour cream. And then it was great.

Next soup's gonna be kharcho.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Did Chef John's Birria Taco's.

https://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2020/10/beef-birria-stewing-towards-tacos.html

https://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2020/10/beef-birria-queso-tacos-with-consome.html

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009

Some northeastern mexican food... mezquite flour, dates, and pecan bread.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Duck leg, red cabbage dressed with mustard and sour cream, and sauté potatoes.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I made aloo gobi tonight. It’s the first time I made Indian food but it won’t be the last!

First, despite going a bit too hard on the chili powder it was delicious! Second, I have to justify buying all the spices. Thanks to beeQWOP for suggesting it as a way to use cauliflower.

https://www.indianhealthyrecipes.com/aloo-gobi-recipe/#wprm-recipe-container-37708

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Peanut, Sweet Potato, and Kale Soup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

toplitzin posted:

Peanut, Sweet Potato, and Kale Soup

oh that looks great