Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Quotey posted:

lame. i mean it's alright, but doesn't really fit into anything, especially with shardshatter mystic and school spirits being around. evenlock? some kind of demon zoo?

I’d normally say “oh this would go in a Warlock control deck” but Warlock already has 3 or 4 better mid-game AoE effects so I don’t think yet another one is going to put control Warlock over the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Quotey posted:

some kind of demon zoo?
Even in like a pure demon zoo, how often is 2 damage on turn 4 going to clear anything that you would care about? Which 3-drops is it going to remove or put you in a situation with 1, 2 and 3 cost demons to value trade?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

helps new-N'Zoth generate a 4/3 body :v:

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Semper Fudge posted:

The fact that only 1 Shaman card has been revealed has me worried that they have the biggest, dumbest, most gimmicky poo poo imaginable in store for them.

I suspect a legendary or epic that will summon a big totem to synergize with N'Zoth, kind of like the Paladin weapon that summons an elemental

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

I suspect a legendary or epic that will summon a big totem to synergize with N'Zoth, kind of like the Paladin weapon that summons an elemental

good point. iirc there was a legendary totem in one of the old god reveal vids?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

NorgLyle posted:

Even in like a pure demon zoo, how often is 2 damage on turn 4 going to clear anything that you would care about? Which 3-drops is it going to remove or put you in a situation with 1, 2 and 3 cost demons to value trade?

It’d be helpful against something like face/highlander hunter where you’re both aggressively contesting the board for the first three turns.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
What's the play here?

I took the pair, tripled into Lightfang the next turn, tripled into Amalgadon after, whiffed on DS on 3 adapts, then never saw a module for either of my mechs for 6 turns and took 4th.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Toshimo posted:

What's the play here?

I took the pair, tripled into Lightfang the next turn, tripled into Amalgadon after, whiffed on DS on 3 adapts, then never saw a module for either of my mechs for 6 turns and took 4th.

Yeah, buy the leader and hope for a triple.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Regalingualius posted:

I don’t know, I feel like people are overestimating just how common it’ll be to meet her condition.

Soulshard + HP, Marrowslicer + Chaos Strike or Twin Slice. Not too hard.

e: aldrachi and both parts of twin slice too

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Nov 8, 2020

Horrible Butts
May 7, 2012
Hey, I made Hearthstone: The Audiobook https://soundcloud.com/yesssss-2/hearthstone-the-audiobook
I thought I should start at the beginning but am looking forward to covering Darkmoon Faire sometime in 2034.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
New Paladin legendary Lothraxxian the Redeemed, a 5/5/5 demon (!) Whose battle cry is to make it for the rest of the game, any time you summon a silver hand recruit it gets divine shield.

Pretty nice sounding but I think Goru the Mightree had a better effect giving its buff to minions already on the board as well as having taunt.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Deck of Chaos, 6 mana legendary Warlock spell, "Swap the Cost and Attack of all minions in your deck"

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

New Paladin legendary Lothraxxian the Redeemed, a 5/5/5 demon (!) Whose battle cry is to make it for the rest of the game, any time you summon a silver hand recruit it gets divine shield.

Pretty nice sounding but I think Goru the Mightree had a better effect giving its buff to minions already on the board as well as having taunt.

It's cool that Lothraxion is finally in-game also. And I think part of his value is being a demon for new-N'zoth shenanigans. But it's the third silver hand recruits focused card in this set, so maybe there is a way to make a silver hand centered strategy work.

Lothraxion's mana cost is odd, btw. For all the wild lovers out there.

Edit: New card:

Malevolent Strike

5 mana rogue spell

Destroy a Minion. Costs (1) less for each card in your deck that didn't start there.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Adding two good cards is nice but ooof that statline and mana cost. Maybe it could fit into Aggro DH as a means to generate more burst?

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Adding two good cards is nice but ooof that statline and mana cost. Maybe it could fit into Aggro DH as a means to generate more burst?

Drawing two cards is valued at 3 mana, so you're getting a 5/2 for 2 mana. That seems pretty strong - especially since the two cards you "draw" should be decently controllable.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
The cards stay on the left / right sides as well, so presumably you're lining this up for cards that will have strong outcast effects.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Is that... a Jinyu demon hunter??

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Probably a solid choice in Odd Paladin.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

Deck of Chaos, 6 mana legendary Warlock spell, "Swap the Cost and Attack of all minions in your deck"

I'm grasping at straws to think of cards this works well with. Baron Rivendare? That 1/7 mogu taunt? Malygos?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Yestermoment posted:

I'm grasping at straws to think of cards this works well with. Baron Rivendare? That 1/7 mogu taunt? Malygos?

5 mana, 10 attack Malygos is nice, as is a 4 mana 9 attack Ysera.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hello, friends. I'm looking to get back into this game after a year or so hiatus. How's the game nowadays? Good/bad time to jump back on? I remember enjoying Battlegrounds for a bit but I'd like to get back on the ranked and deck buildng part of the game but I'm afraid It'd be a costly affair since I have like none of god knows how many expansions now.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Torrannor posted:

5 mana, 10 attack Malygos is nice, as is a 4 mana 9 attack Ysera.

Malygos and Ysera have the same cost and statline

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hello, friends. I'm looking to get back into this game after a year or so hiatus. How's the game nowadays? Good/bad time to jump back on? I remember enjoying Battlegrounds for a bit but I'd like to get back on the ranked and deck buildng part of the game but I'm afraid It'd be a costly affair since I have like none of god knows how many expansions now.

They're about to release a completely new system of rewards and stuff (https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23534414) so I'd say it's as good a time as any.

Standard will always be expensive jumping back in but at least you only have to worry about the current season of expansions, similar to how type 2 used to work in MTG.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh that's pretty awesome to see. Guess I can get everything updated and then jump in proper on the 12th. We're still on the same year of the... phoenix I guess? So pretty much everything is in standard for now?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Yestermoment posted:

I think control/handlock will experiment with it, the upside is it saves you a lot of mana over a full game with things like Abyssal Summoner, Enhanced Dreadlord, Khartut Defender, Batterhead and Scrapyard Colossus

the question is how good is that deck if you don't pull Deck of Chaos until the very late game when it's pretty much useless

I also expect to see quite a lot of meme combo experimentation, 4 mana Maly is obviously disgusting but you can also get 4 mana Kael, 4 mana Silas, 5 mana Sathrovarr, 6 mana Jepetto, and of course 1 mana Darkmoon Rabbit

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Yestermoment posted:

1 mana 5/8 ruststeed raider sounds pretty vicious

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

After playing Duels for a bit, I’ve learned having 2 Mana: Summon something with a Divine Shield as your Hero Power is actually really good for Paladin. I honestly think it might be worth just throwing into stuff like Pure or Libroom.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Are there any non-Polkelt ways to draw Deck of Chaos early? I'm struggling to think of something.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

There's also that Twinspell card from DoD that summons 2 Silver Hand Recruits with Taunt, which becomes pretty amazing with Divine Shields.

I'm not actually entirely sold on the Silver Hand package yet but it looks like it has potential so far.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

blizzardvizard posted:

There's also that Twinspell card from DoD that summons 2 Silver Hand Recruits with Taunt, which becomes pretty amazing with Divine Shields.

I'm not actually entirely sold on the Silver Hand package yet but it looks like it has potential so far.

Oh gently caress I forgot about that. Guess it’ll be actually good now

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Torrannor posted:

Is that... a Jinyu demon hunter??

We already have Troll, naga and murloc ones!

a fatguy baldspot posted:

Oh gently caress I forgot about that. Guess it’ll be actually good now

air raid is already borderline playable so that's really good.

Yestermoment posted:

Not worth putting gimmicky poo poo in like Mogu'shan that's awful without it.

As is for plot twist warlock there's some good candidates, but I'm not sure if it'll be good enough if you run Supreme Archaeology instead.

-Anansai Broodmother: -2 cost, +2 attack
-Enhanced Dreadlord: -3 cost, +3 attack
- Lord Jaraxxus: -6 cost, +6 attack if pulled with Willow
-Archwitch Willow: -3 cost, +3 attack
-Kanrethad Ebonlocke: +1 cost, -1 attack
-Keli'dan the Breaker: -3 cost, +3 attack
- Fel Lord Betrug: -2 cost, +2 attack

-C'thun the Shattered: -4 cost, +4 attack

Also I did say "no gimmicky poo poo" but it'd be kinda funny to put it in a midrange zoo with Shu'ma or something. :v:

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 9, 2020

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Imagine if Hir’eek the Bat was still in standard for Deck of Chaos

Acerbatus posted:

Also I did say "no gimmicky poo poo" but it'd be kinda funny to put it in a midrange zoo with Shu'ma or something. :v:

It certainly makes all the eggs OP

Scrub-Niggurath fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 9, 2020

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Demons for Paladins?
Feel like I need to brush up on my lore, I'm out of the loop.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 9, 2020

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

mcbexx posted:

Demons for Paladins?
Feel like I need to brush up on my lore, I'm out of the loop.

He’s a dreadlord who converted to the Light, and was a general in the Army of the Light that Paladins recruited as a champion in the Legion expansion of WoW.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

The Naaru that converted him also tried to do the same thing with Illidan.

Didn't go great :v:

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Imagine if Hir’eek the Bat was still in standard for Deck of Chaos
Turn 1 play of seven 8/1s. There are cards that counter that sure but that is a win 85%+ of the time!

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Flayer posted:

Turn 1 play of seven 8/1s. There are cards that counter that sure but that is a win 85%+ of the time!

how are you playing deck of chaos for 0 mana on turn 1

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Oh hey Bloodbloom is still a thing kinda, so in Wild you can cheat out Deck turn 3/4.

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

It's kind of a long story.

Yestermoment posted:

3 mana 9 attack Jaraxxus :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

MuLepton posted:

3 mana 9 attack Jaraxxus :getin:

sadly the weapon doesn't get the attack :(