Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Arzaac posted:

Has anyone else played Dajin yet? Because man, I get the concept behind him and he really just does not seem good at all.

Played a game with him today and it really feels like the wishes can just constantly put you in no win scenarios. Had multiple times where I felt like at the end of the beat I played literally the best possible attack pair against my opponent, but I lost the beat anyways.

The wishes seriously feel a bit too strong. Whether they're speeding up a slow, meaty hit, empowering a fast weak hit, or just flying directly next to you after you manage to create distance, it's all awful for you.

you can hit a man very hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I see that online stores have a bunch of separate fighters, some that were KS rewards that came in the big box. Where the others included in other pledge levels of the game or something? Also is there a list and description of each of these extra fighters in the off chance I want them?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Chill la Chill posted:

I see that online stores have a bunch of separate fighters, some that were KS rewards that came in the big box. Where the others included in other pledge levels of the game or something? Also is there a list and description of each of these extra fighters in the off chance I want them?

If you backed for Unleashed, you got all of the solos except for Jin, Merjoram, Raritti, and Oriax.

The first three of those were the trials-era promos, they got v4 updates but weren't included in the patch cards. Oriax was a stretch goal for the campaign that wasn't hit, so they made him anyway but he was a separate purchase.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Thanks! I might get a couple of them to fill out my one box of unleashed. I piggybacked the big box off a friend’s pledge and between fate, war, and the parched trials cards it almost perfectly takes up the space of one box which is more than enough fighters. Still trying to figure out what I can do with the other box since I don’t want to throw away the honeycomb since it’s rather beautiful. Might consider getting most of dominion or an LCG and putting it in there

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Spoke to the guys handling fulfillment for the UK for BattleCON Unleashed and they hope to start shipping this month, but no promises.

Helpful bunch - lockdown meant I couldn't get it delivered to my work address any more and they were very easy to deal with.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Are there any cards the 4e upgrade kit doesn't replace?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

PJOmega posted:

Are there any cards the 4e upgrade kit doesn't replace?

Nope, since at minimum all cards got Guard added as a stat and some retemplating.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Thirsty Dog posted:

Spoke to the guys handling fulfillment for the UK for BattleCON Unleashed and they hope to start shipping this month, but no promises.

Helpful bunch - lockdown meant I couldn't get it delivered to my work address any more and they were very easy to deal with.

them and Level 99 themselves were incredibly helpful when I realized the order would still be under my deadname a week or two back.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Rumda posted:

them and Level 99 themselves were incredibly helpful when I realized the order would still be under my deadname a week or two back.

That's cool! And yeah, L99 replied to me on a Saturday which I was not expecting at all.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
Was there ever brought up/a reason given as to why Null Seven never got a physical release? Riflam I get, he would have been a nightmare, but Null Seven is maybe marginally more compliqated to track than Cindra is.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Saguaro PI posted:

Was there ever brought up/a reason given as to why Null Seven never got a physical release? Riflam I get, he would have been a nightmare, but Null Seven is maybe marginally more compliqated to track than Cindra is.

"She's a BCO exclusive". That's it. That's their reason.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
All done sorting the kickstarter, with the exception of Trials since I don't have it. Feels silly ordering it for a couple of punchboard sheets and tuckboxes.

What box has Borneo & Juto's standees? Also are they supposed to have the generic array of Bases + Switch?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Borneo and Juto's standees are from Devastation Extended, and thus didn't get reprinted for the upgrade kit

Re: trials---I am thinking of buying a 4.0 trials purely for the board and character booklet. If you want the punchboard components and tuckboxes, we can work out a deal

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

PJOmega posted:

All done sorting the kickstarter, with the exception of Trials since I don't have it. Feels silly ordering it for a couple of punchboard sheets and tuckboxes.

What box has Borneo & Juto's standees? Also are they supposed to have the generic array of Bases + Switch?

They do get Switch. They do not get generic bases, their unique ability is having seven unique bases stolen from other fighters.

Combaticus
Jan 14, 2008

Perfection

Dominance

Ultimate

Fighting

Biotechnology
Does anybody know if there is a detailed breakdown of what's included in the different games and boxes from the unleashed kickstarter? There's a lot of bits and bobs to keep track of, and it doesn't seem like the contents listed on the lvl99 website matches the contents of the games. According to the site there's 4 punchboards in Wanderers, I have 5 in my box, and I have 3 copies of one of the tiny cards …

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
I have no idea. When my stuff showed up the other day I just completely unpacked it across about a quarter of my living room, then repacked it in something that looked like a sensible order. It all worked out, more or less.

On a related note, what's the cutting edge TTS mod for BattleCON these days? I'm subscribed to two but neither are complete.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

potatocubed posted:

I have no idea. When my stuff showed up the other day I just completely unpacked it across about a quarter of my living room, then repacked it in something that looked like a sensible order. It all worked out, more or less.

On a related note, what's the cutting edge TTS mod for BattleCON these days? I'm subscribed to two but neither are complete.

Look for the mod with "official" in its name. It's got everyone except Borneo and Juto

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Combaticus posted:

Does anybody know if there is a detailed breakdown of what's included in the different games and boxes from the unleashed kickstarter? There's a lot of bits and bobs to keep track of, and it doesn't seem like the contents listed on the lvl99 website matches the contents of the games. According to the site there's 4 punchboards in Wanderers, I have 5 in my box, and I have 3 copies of one of the tiny cards …

So because I only ordered the big box, I can say it only has the Kickstarter promo fighters + a sheet of patch tokens/markers, and patch cards for war, fate, and trials. Doing just those first might be a good start at reducing what else you have in the package. The KS had an update with instructions on what to keep or give away but it wasn’t a detailed breakdown of what was where.

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015
Finally got the unleashed package!! So beautiful.

Combaticus
Jan 14, 2008

Perfection

Dominance

Ultimate

Fighting

Biotechnology

Chill la Chill posted:

So because I only ordered the big box, I can say it only has the Kickstarter promo fighters + a sheet of patch tokens/markers, and patch cards for war, fate, and trials. Doing just those first might be a good start at reducing what else you have in the package. The KS had an update with instructions on what to keep or give away but it wasn’t a detailed breakdown of what was where.

I ended up starting with wanderers since I'd already opened that box, then devastation. finishing off with updating the other boxes. So I basically did the opposite, but I'd definitely recommend that others use your approach.

I think I've got everything in order, but I have a pair of arm tokens that don't seem to belong anywhere. I think they might be for an older version of Udstad, since they're not mentioned on the deck box or setup card.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Combaticus posted:

I think they might be for an older version of Udstad, since they're not mentioned on the deck box or setup card.

This is correct.

Look at it this way: now you have free tokens for when you write your own Udstad custom!

Combaticus
Jan 14, 2008

Perfection

Dominance

Ultimate

Fighting

Biotechnology

Lemon-Lime posted:

This is correct.

Look at it this way: now you have free tokens for when you write your own Udstad custom!

I can't not do that. Everybody needs a big faced robot with arms swooshing about!

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
The arms are also used for a co-op/solo scenario

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

If I bought a copy of one of the BattleCON boxes that got an update with Unleashed from the Level 99 store (I'm looking at War), would it be the latest edition or an older one?

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

The Fate and War copies in the Black Friday sale are third edition versions, so unless you have the upgrade kit it might be better to just wait for the revisions.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Gotta admit - having to organized the old Battlecon into the final destination of Unleashed is taking more energy than I can muster during quarantine. Feels bad, man.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

pospysyl posted:

If I bought a copy of one of the BattleCON boxes that got an update with Unleashed from the Level 99 store (I'm looking at War), would it be the latest edition or an older one?

The only 4.0-updated set right now is Trials (Dev Remastered and Wanderers are 4.0 native, obviously). There's no word yet on when/if War or Fate will get a new printing.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Got it today and so far I've done solos, trials and fate. All fitting very well so far, happy with what I got.

Am I correct in assuming that if you have existing solo characters they don't come with upgrades, right?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Correct.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Yeah, taking it slow and doing it box by box is working okay for me so far. It's a strange feeling throwing away so many cards

Or, well, putting them to the side because throwing them away feels like asking for trouble at this stage

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I'm throwing the stuff I don't need away, I don't really feel much point holding on to it.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Oh, I will once I'm happy I've not hosed up somewhere and put the wrong cards in the wrong place.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I'm sleeving everything as I go, so I know that stuff I'm sleeving is good to go. And as far as I can see, there aren't actually any cards from previous editions that need to be used at all, it's all new stuff. The only thing you need is the tokens and standees.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Yeah, it just feels weird to toss what's 80% of a complete game.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I've sleeved all of Fate, Trials and the solos, which is 36 characters. Only 60 to go! :suicide:

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015
Already asked about this in the l99 discord but might as well gather goon thoughts about it.
One thing i dislike about current Bcon rules is the interaction between switch and finishers. I think switch is a great tool, and the game is better for it, but having it locked once you can use finisher feels awful.
What would be a good way of solving this? Discarding the finisher execution from switch and adding one extra "finisher" style is easy enough to do, even more with all the extras in unleashed, but it also presents a few rule problems, as was pointed to me in the discord. Also played with ante finishers but it's not as satisfying as making them work with the attack pair.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Does anything break horribly if you just house rule it to say you can play Switch without triggering your finisher even if force > life? I suppose that does lock you out of being able to trigger a finisher for two more beats...but that would the price of playing it.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Yeah, because it allows you to option select your finisher after you’ve seen what your opponent has. And if you have to announce as an ante, then it’s pretty much just an ante finisher with extra steps. Or if you have to announce after playing cards down but before ante, it makes switch/finishers much weaker

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Tekopo posted:

Yeah, because it allows you to option select your finisher after you’ve seen what your opponent has. And if you have to announce as an ante, then it’s pretty much just an ante finisher with extra steps. Or if you have to announce after playing cards down but before ante, it makes switch/finishers much weaker

Good points, all. Thisis what happens when i make suggestions off the cuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
You're not going to get away from those "few rules problems" because the game was built around Switch-to-finisher and it's impossible to do what BCO did in a physical game.

Your only choice for changing it without letting the person using the finisher due stupid option selects is to go back to ante finisher, though ante finisher lets people try to counter-ante the finisher so you would be better off adding another phase between ante and Reveal in which you can declare your finisher and it only goes off at Reveal if you played Switch.

In what way is Switch a "great tool," though? It's not the ability to switch finishers and it's not the extra force once every three beats. Its main use is being a 0/0/0/0 style on characters who have bad prio spreads or lots of -power.