Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

https://twitter.com/gumby4christ/status/1325820013467545602?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Delta-Wye posted:

It certainly would be helpful to, say, run r/worldnews, if you wanted to raise the popularity of specific stories to control public discourse.

Just sayin'.

epstein didn't kill himself, he faked his death and bought something awful

it's right here in the username, he's taunting you

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/nrlachance/status/1325835325428654085?s=19

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

GWBBQ posted:

The whole Kony 2012 thing had a very weird air about it. Is there any concrete proof that Joseph Kony actually exists?

thischildabductingwarlorddoesnotexist dot com

Apologies for starting the Kony derail, let me try to bring it back to our boy Jeff and the chaos of the current elite class. Hope it's not too disjointed.

I really wouldn't be surprised if Kony dovetailed with ol' Jeffrey's arms dealing friends, intelligence projects run amok, and child trafficking rings in general.

I would suspect that if there's a link, it would start with international opposition to Idi Amin, his ouster by the Uganda National Liberation Front in 1979, and the hotbed of rebellions and factional armies marching around Uganda in the 1980s. The UNLF joined Kony in 1987 after the National Liberation Army seized control in 1986. I honestly have very little knowledge of Uganda other than it seems very likely a place for intelligence to funnel money and see what happens (like the middle east and its boogeymen today).

However, it's possible that intelligence could have started running blackmail schemes among the various army leaders in exchange for arms should any of them become the new leader. Remember, this is in the era of Iran- Contra. Anything is possible. Whether Kony benefited from weird Reagan era policy, I don't know.

South Sudan is believed to be a place where Kony holes up. South Sudanese rebels had once been supported by Uganda, and so Sudan had supported Kony's LRA.

Sometimes-CIA contractor Erik Prince reportedly was trying to build a diesel refinery in South Sudan, but those plans collapsed by early 2014, this is about 2 years after Kony went viral. Prince had stated he has an interest in private militaries because of the Rwandan genocide, and has done other investment projects in this part of Africa with the Chinese. It could be a nothing burger, but it's so loving bizarre.

Interestingly, Invisible Children Inc., which once was a marketing project and made Kony2012, is now apparently in the business of intelligence gathering.

:magemage:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

I thought it was pretty accepted at this point she is, minimally, very friendly with the "cowboy" wing of the CIA and probably doing some mockingbird-type poo poo, even if its just pro bono because she's a good american.

Cold war Africa is a fascinating place. You start lifting rocks in Uganda during these times and you start finding all sorts of weird things like North Korean commandos and "military advisors" scurrying away. Its certainly more complicated than the (very racist, obv) american zeitgeist of the region as being boring and full of savages doing savagery when in reality its a complicated interaction between foreign powers and indigenous people over things like resource extraction rights.

hseroK divaD
Jun 3, 2011

Creepy Richard will keep leering at you NON-STOP!
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1325916088635252736?s=19

Huh...

pecan
Nov 1, 2020

Delta-Wye posted:

I thought it was pretty accepted at this point she is, minimally, very friendly with the "cowboy" wing of the CIA and probably doing some mockingbird-type poo poo, even if its just pro bono because she's a good american.

yeah don't make us revisit her exclusive interview of the security guard at the paddock shooting it gives me creepy chills

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
love to have inqtel involved in Biden’s transition team, not weird at all.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

love when coded messages are just out in the open.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

the temple of set are running ice

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

The name "In-Q-Tel" is an intentional reference to Q, the fictional inventor who supplies technology to James Bond.[5]

pecan
Nov 1, 2020

every time i see david corn and squint just right...

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Backweb posted:

thischildabductingwarlorddoesnotexist dot com
I don't dispute that the LRA are there and committing crimes against humanity, it's the hyperfocused attention to Joseph Kony combined with the fact that he's so elusive that make me wonder. I don't know if I can even put my finger on specifics, but maybe he is involved with intelligence agencies and arms trafficking like you suggested.

pecan posted:

yeah don't make us revisit her exclusive interview of the security guard at the paddock shooting it gives me creepy chills
Holy poo poo, I've never seen it and it was horrible to watch. Why the gently caress did she have to bring out the diagram and the pointer? How did that make it to air when she was blatantly traumatizing someone with PTSD?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

GWBBQ posted:

Holy poo poo, I've never seen it and it was horrible to watch. Why the gently caress did she have to bring out the diagram and the pointer? How did that make it to air when she was blatantly traumatizing someone with PTSD?

because they felt it had to happen at least one and ellen was known friendly who would do it no matter how it looked

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

seriously hope the personnel files are recovered from the letter agencies post-rev because those fools are a danger to humanity free and alive

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/10/child-sexual-abuse-in-catholic-church-swept-under-the-carpet-inquiry-finds

The Roman Catholic church has been running a massive worldwide pedophile ring for centuries, everybody knows about it, the most famous religious figure in the world protects it, and if you even mention it in a Catholic-dominated country, you risk getting beaten up by everybody from hardened street thugs to little old ladies. I'd make a thread on it but Catholic posters are probably the most weirdly defensive people on the board.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Animal-Mother posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/10/child-sexual-abuse-in-catholic-church-swept-under-the-carpet-inquiry-finds

The Roman Catholic church has been running a massive worldwide pedophile ring for centuries, everybody knows about it, the most famous religious figure in the world protects it, and if you even mention it in a Catholic-dominated country, you risk getting beaten up by everybody from hardened street thugs to little old ladies. I'd make a thread on it but Catholic posters are probably the most weirdly defensive people on the board.

Catholicism in Ireland has taken a nose-dive since it all started coming out.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Animal-Mother posted:

its a shame half the Catholics I know are reacting by cozying up to qanon bullshit instead of doing the right thing and getting obsessed with Gladio like me

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Animal-Mother posted:

As a lapsed Catholic who was baptized and confirmed, I give you a pass to expose this world wide pedophile conspiracy

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Spergin Morlock posted:

Catholicism in Ireland has taken a nose-dive since it all started coming out.
gently caress yeah Ireland!

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

GWBBQ posted:

I don't dispute that the LRA are there and committing crimes against humanity, it's the hyperfocused attention to Joseph Kony combined with the fact that he's so elusive that make me wonder. I don't know if I can even put my finger on specifics, but maybe he is involved with intelligence agencies and arms trafficking like you suggested.

As another poster said, cold war Africa had DPRK generals running around. Being non-aligned never meant immunity from the east-west fight, and I'd suspect all the intelligence agencies have a long and weird history of arming whack jobs there.

To connect it to what you're saying, it seems like someone helped Kony the religious warlord become "Kony" the threat to freedom, ya know?

It's a convenient narrative that allows easy justification for intervention whenever it's wanted. Sure, Kony is bad for stability in the region, but I'm guessing "Kony" the boogeyman is somewhat manufactured for western audience consumption.

Look at how most people who are in Africa treat him like a joke and are always telling the west their assumptions about him are misguided.

He's a cultivated boogeyman for later use, similar to Bin Laden, Saddam, etc.
Step one. The pedophile run MIC sets up a nebulous bad guy on future exploitable land.
Step two. China or the Soviets invest, where you have your "American business interests" ready.
Step three. Once someone else has put the infrastructure in, let your bad guy attack, and rush in to seize the resources in a forever war.

The cabal of elites in the west then get to cry about saving the children over there so their abuses closer to home get deflected.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Backweb posted:

As another poster said, cold war Africa had DPRK generals running around. Being non-aligned never meant immunity from the east-west fight, and I'd suspect all the intelligence agencies have a long and weird history of arming whack jobs there.

This is certainly true of countries like Zaire, who played both ends against the middle in the Cold War but still had the ultimate effect of accommodating colonial interests since their deck was stacked from the beginning by acts of foreign intelligence

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

re: report on catholic sex abuse

👁️

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

eye emoji

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

But seriously biden stacking his coronavirus response team with spooks is pretty weird

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

:getin:
Lipstick Apathy
I just figured it's another spook presidency coming or whichever. Though seeing dark winter pop up a bunch got my gears going over the last while.

Also, gh0stpinballa I'm loving Ghost Stories for the end of the world, wonder when the new episode will be out and what'll be the new topic/topics? It's been perfect to listen to late at night falling asleep.

pecan
Nov 1, 2020

https://twitter.com/MarlonEttinger/status/1326198332847501313?s=20

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Algund Eenboom posted:

But seriously biden stacking his coronavirus response team with spooks is pretty weird

It's only weird if he doesn't also stack everything else with spooks.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

If there's anything I've learned from this thread and the Trump thread, it's that having pre-inauguration/transition groups staffed by intelligence is the way Biden ensures his ascendancy meets no resistance.

lol I keep forgetting that Trump is deep in the middle of the modeling underworld.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/BreakingNews/status/1326957262787792900

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

i guess he really was intelligence and acosta was telling the truth. good for acosta, not good for the intelligence community

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

welp all that's left is to make Ghislaine walk on a technicality of some sort and all the loose ends will be tied up

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

the justice department headed by the son of the man who hired epstein to teach at a school despite epstein having no education credentials

that justice department found no wrongdoing in the handling of the epstein case

i see

pecan
Nov 1, 2020

started Operation Mind Control today and it owns. Dulles coming out, as DCI at the time, and saying the US would never try to brainwash a person. Sure, it's interesting and would be useful, but we would never sink so low.--unlike the Soviets. All while he was sitting on Gary Powers' report where he said the Soviets never brainwashed him lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1086440258781220867?s=19

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

I think brace just binged all the ghost stories episodes

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

You guys think Epstein ever played the Leisure Suit Larry games?

Cos that picture of him in a bathrobe on the beach makes me think he's some kind of Leisure Suit Larry nerd.

What a LOSER!!!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

He sounds like a guy who's only hobby was having depraved sex multiple times a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Leisure Suit Jeffrey