Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
It's not unusual for pre-orders from major retailers to ship even late on the day before, even sometime overnight. Also with high shipping volume items may miss a scan etc. Most people will get them tomorrow. If you don't and it's a day or two late you're still doing better than most people who didn't even get a pre-order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
I'm Canadian and pre-ordered through EB Games using All Access. I confirmed my Series X with one of my local stores and booked my pick-up time (9:30am tomorrow). Woo!

I haven't had an Xbox since the OG (always a PS guy), so this will be great. Good luck to all with getting a console or receiving your pre-order on launch day!

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
https://twitter.com/XboxWire/status/1325848216135368705

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

It's a 30 day trial for new Disney Plus members.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Well, I'm surprised. Cool.

Edit: 30 day trial, welp.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Hi - I don’t believe this in the OP.

Does anyone know the actual online release time for the Series X? I’ve seen that Wal-mart announced Noon EST. Should we expect a lot of variance by retailer?

Any insight would be appreciated. I’d like to avoid staying up till midnight tonight if it won’t be useful.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Red Warrior posted:

It's a 30 day trial for new Disney Plus members.

All of the Game Pass Perks that aren't game content are trials and limited time things so far.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

John Brown posted:

Does anyone know the actual online release time for the Series X? I’ve seen that Wal-mart announced Noon EST. Should we expect a lot of variance by retailer?

Any insight would be appreciated. I’d like to avoid staying up till midnight tonight if it won’t be useful.

Depends on the retailer. Considering retailers were not listening to pre-order times originally, they are going to just have their online orders for non-preorders up at just completely random times, which is very stressful for those of us who really want one of these new consoles this week. I would say there is no reason to worry, but there are going to be thousands of people attempt to scalp these consoles on ebay.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

I sent my Xbox to my parents house as I was in the process of moving. And never updated the address with Microsoft so now I'll have to go pick it up from them tomorrow. But it seems I should be happy that it's on track for delivery.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

perk*

*Advertising partnership

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

i can still taste him posted:

I haven't had an Xbox since the OG (always a PS guy), so this will be great. Good luck to all with getting a console or receiving your pre-order on launch day!

I'm new to the xbox ecosystem, trying to figure out what exclusives to prioritize with gamepass. I've missed a bunch of Halo's and all the gears of war... feel like i'll just play the most recent ones

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
New games coming to Game Pass:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/11/09/coming-soon-xbox-game-pass-november-2020/

quote:

Gears Tactics (Android & Console) – November 9
Destiny 2: Beyond Light (Android & Console) – November 10
Planet Coaster: Console Edition (Android & Console) – November 10
Tetris Effect: Connected (Console & PC) – November 10
Final Fantasy VIII Remastered (Console & PC) – November 12
Gonner2 (Android) ID@Xbox – November 12
Streets of Rogue (PC) ID@Xbox – November 12
Ark: Survival Evolved: Explorer’s Edition (Android, Console & PC) ID@Xbox – November 17
Halo MCC: Halo 4 (PC) – November 17
River City Girls (Android, Console & PC) ID@Xbox – November 19
Star Renegades (Android & Console) ID@Xbox – November 19

The soundtrack for River City Girls is incredible.

Leaving Game Pass:

quote:

Darksiders III (Console & PC)
Munchkin (Console & PC)
The Talos Principle (Console & PC)
Tracks: The Train Set Game (Console & PC)

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

703 posted:

I'm new to the xbox ecosystem, trying to figure out what exclusives to prioritize with gamepass. I've missed a bunch of Halo's and all the gears of war... feel like i'll just play the most recent ones

Forza.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

703 posted:

don't do this the recent games in both series are very "By the numbers" stale imo. gears 5 is better than 4 (aka histories most "just another video game" game) but you're best served playing the remake of the original game first and going from there.

for Halo the best sp campaign in the series is Halo Reach imo. all the others have some awful issue like backtracking through identical rooms for the second half of the game or fighting the worst enemy type ever or both of those things at the same time. halo 5 is just a snooze fest. its worth playing most of the campaigns though just because the first 3-5 levels are usually really cool outdoor battles before the hours of identical rooms you need to walk through twice begin

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Gears Tactics is out today and is good, imo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah i enjoyed it through act 1 but the required side missions in act 2 slowed me down and I abandoned my run. theres a decent game there, tho plodding at times. the boss fights are very epic set pieces

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I’m in the middle of darksiders 3 and am actually enjoying it. God dammit.

Looks like I can grab it used for dirt cheap. I wonder if used Xbox one game prices will go up if the series x sees any success this fall and winter.

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

Real hurthling! posted:

don't do this the recent games in both series are very "By the numbers" stale imo. gears 5 is better than 4 (aka histories most "just another video game" game) but you're best served playing the remake of the original game first and going from there.

for Halo the best sp campaign in the series is Halo Reach imo. all the others have some awful issue like backtracking through identical rooms for the second half of the game or fighting the worst enemy type ever or both of those things at the same time. halo 5 is just a snooze fest. its worth playing most of the campaigns though just because the first 3-5 levels are usually really cool outdoor battles before the hours of identical rooms you need to walk through twice begin

Thank you this is the kind of input i'm looking for, if someone else has written about this topic at length in lead up to the new consoles someone please quote the most or a link

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Communist Thoughts posted:

just seems like raytracing definitely isn't worth investing this much hardware in, its just a dev-time-saving replacement for baked lighting it seems.

i thought they were going all in on trying to get things running close to 4k 60fps but it doesnt seem like it. even the ps5 is still targetting 30fps 4k for the demon souls remake of all things

the 1080p on watchdogs was the Series S, which doesn't do 4k. It does 1440 max, and I'm assuming it was set to 1080p as most TV's don't do 1440.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So are stores like Wal-Mart/Target/BB not getting any stock for the launch to sell in store? I remember reading you can't go in and get in line to buy them but maybe a chance you can buy online and pick up in store.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

John Brown posted:

It will be on the 10th. Most retailers who specialize in hardware will have them out at opening, and the rest will have them out whenever they put out their new electronics stock.

EDIT:

wandler20 posted:

So are stores like Wal-Mart/Target/BB not getting any stock for the launch to sell in store? I remember reading you can't go in and get in line to buy them but maybe a chance you can buy online and pick up in store.

Microsoft said they would get stock, but not when. So either MS forbade them to pre-order their entire allocation or they're getting stock later. My biggest bet would be that physical stores will get more for Black Friday, but MS has stated that there would be stock in stores for the consoles this year.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

wandler20 posted:

Yeah it sucks. It was always a surefire way to avoid the scalpers but everything's up in the air this year for obvious reasons.

Luckily both new consoles kinda suck so there's not as huge of a FOMO by not getting them on the exact day this time around.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it occurs to me i have no idea how saves are handled on this thing. if im gonna trade in my x for a series x what do i need to do for prep? i would rather pick and choose what saves im gonna bring forward but also whats the procedure for wiping my account from this box and stuff

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Saves are stored in the cloud automatically and tied to your user account.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

it occurs to me i have no idea how saves are handled on this thing. if im gonna trade in my x for a series x what do i need to do for prep? i would rather pick and choose what saves im gonna bring forward but also whats the procedure for wiping my account from this box and stuff

You don't need to do anything other than connect to Xbox Live.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is there anywhere to see your cloud saves like on playstation or no

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

So the Xbox gamepass app just told me my account is suspended, but the enforcement.Xbox.com website says it’s fine

:ohdear:

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

When someone gets their new series X who has the ability to do this, can they let me know if it can be done.

Basically, will the Xbox series X play 3D movies?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Thanks a lot stupid Amazon for not updating my shipping so I have no idea when it's coming.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tsietisin posted:

When someone gets their new series X who has the ability to do this, can they let me know if it can be done.

Basically, will the Xbox series X play 3D movies?

Xbox One X, and One S had this feature, so it stands to reason the Series X is the same. I am surprised to learn that myself from a Google search. I thought the PlayStation 3 was the only one.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Really, they can play 3D blurays?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

Really, they can play 3D blurays?

Hmmm, I am seeing really conflicting stuff about this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...I%20connection.

but this someone says otherwise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/the-new-xbox-series-x-will-it-play-3d-films-on-blu/fe1c8f94-8925-487f-9293-ad2d2508a324

Do 3d blu-rays even still come out? I am surprised to see someone out there even have a 3D TV.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I have a 3D tv and 3D blurays are pretty cool if I can find them discounted.

hmm, I think I've lost my 3D glasses during my last move.

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Nov 9, 2020

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
There's one lone poster in the HDTV thread who constantly sings the praises of their 3D TV.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I still have a 3D TV and films I like to watch in 3D. Currently my Bone is my blu ray player so I want to be sure I can still use it as such for the next generation.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
How many games support 3D TVs nowadays? I haven't played once since Uncharted 3 almost a decade ago, which was actually pretty drat good in 3D!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's a shame i'll probably never seen blade runner 2049 in 3d again

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Tuesday morning on the 10th down under, still no xbawks movement from the depot down the road.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
I figured that Game Pass Disney+ offer wouldn't work since I subscribed for one month a while back, but I just followed the link and it redeemed just fine. Pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Amazon US has finally shipped it, UPS says it will be here tomorrow.