Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

DeimosRising posted:

Theyre all sex pests
It's this. Every single person moaning about how 'Cancel Culture' has gone too far has a closet full of skeletons they're hoping never gets opened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I am sad that he moved on to using "cancel culture" like every other rich dipshit who gets made fun of for being an rear end in a top hat instead of sticking with his very catchy "the everyone gets offended by everything generation"

MourningView fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 6, 2020

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the Woke Liberals have traitorously turned on Bill Simmons even after he reformed and admitted that he Has a Daughter Now

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

R.D. Mangles posted:

all the GenX media people whose entire worldview has been replaced by melting down because someone told them to shut the gently caress up on twitter are weak and not forged in the fires of spending their entire young adulthood getting flamed on message boards.

Simmons got chased off SonsOfSamHorn over Edgar Renteria.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

howe_sam posted:

Simmons got chased off SonsOfSamHorn over Edgar Renteria.

Say more

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Can't wait for next year's Spotify premium Ringer podcast "Culture Cancelled" in which Bill, Chris Ryan and Sean Fennessey consider what "amazing" sexist and racist movies from the 70s wouldn't get to exist in today's cancel culture. Stay tuned to find out if the rape in Revenge of the Nerds is overrated or underrated.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Not that Bill Simmons should ever talk about politics but it reads more like he's just guessing at what Trump voters like? Claiming his base is motivated by "cry more, Lib" poo poo is kind of basic but doesn't even seem like that hot of a take

I don't have a Defector sub though and I'm definitely not listening to one of his podcasts

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Generally when these types of people who dont really have contact with normal people tend to project their own feelings into people.

Like Bill Simmons has not talked to a regular person in a long time

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

morestuff posted:

Not that Bill Simmons should ever talk about politics but it reads more like he's just guessing at what Trump voters like? Claiming his base is motivated by "cry more, Lib" poo poo is kind of basic but doesn't even seem like that hot of a take

I don't have a Defector sub though and I'm definitely not listening to one of his podcasts

No getting mad at people being offended by racist or sexist stuff has definitely been a thing for a long time with him, especially when he talks about comedy.

Like he's still friends with Adam Carrolla whose entire career now is Owning The Libs, it's not really a surprise he's kind of an rear end in a top hat about this stuff, especially if he you read his old writing.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

MourningView posted:

No getting mad at people being offended by racist or sexist stuff has definitely been a thing for a long time with him, especially when he talks about comedy.

Ah

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I wasn't there to witness it personally, but basically at the time the SoSH main board would roast anyone who couldn't back up their arguments with sabermetric approved numbers, and somebody dunked on Bill so hard over an Edgar Renteria take he quit. Which honestly was probably the right call for all the parties involved.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

FMguru posted:

It's this. Every single person moaning about how 'Cancel Culture' has gone too far has a closet full of skeletons they're hoping never gets opened.

I read this as "every single person moaning about cancel culture has gone too far in a closet full of skeletons", which is a very specific accusation.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Like Bill Simmons has not talked to a regular person in a long time

At least not one he doesnt directly employ.

howe_sam posted:

I wasn't there to witness it personally, but basically at the time the SoSH main board would roast anyone who couldn't back up their arguments with sabermetric approved numbers, and somebody dunked on Bill so hard over an Edgar Renteria take he quit. Which honestly was probably the right call for all the parties involved.

Im so glad we have some proof hes that guy because hes so exactly that guy.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

R.D. Mangles posted:

all the GenX media people whose entire worldview has been replaced by melting down because someone told them to shut the gently caress up on twitter are weak and not forged in the fires of spending their entire young adulthood getting flamed on message boards.

you either become extremely online in the cool way, or you become extremely online in the bad way

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
when is the last time Bill Simmons has talked to someone who makes under $50,000

other than his own staff, that is

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Nybble posted:

when is the last time Bill Simmons has talked to someone who makes under $50,000

other than his own staff, that is

Probably the barista at Starbucks

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/killakow/status/1325806716894781440?s=19

Twenty Twenty Election Bad Beats With Cousin Sal And Joe House

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I made a boatload of cash off predicting that Arizona went blue (which it appears to have) since I had like 450 bucks sitting in my predictit account.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I did actually make some decent money when the live odds swung to Trump -500 at one point on election night but STILL that sentence will haunt me

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
most of that 450 was from bets over the 2016 and 2020 primaries shorting like, Walker and Bloomberg and Yang.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/killakow/status/1325806716894781440?s=19

Twenty Twenty Election Bad Beats With Cousin Sal And Joe House

Is Joe House the Simmons buddy who's a very vocal Republican or do I have him mixed up with another one?

(I am not listening to that to find out.)

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
No he is the one who has like ten podcasts because he sometimes orders a very large meal

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Bill simmons wrote an entire book about how he is an honorary black man.

Still miss grant land though.

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”
Which Wire character is Cancel Culture?

Also Bill Simmonds reminds me of Ziggy.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

DildenAnders posted:

Also Bill Simmonds reminds me of Ziggy.

I dont know who is cancel culture but voting for prop Joe as most likely to be cancelled

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

hcreight posted:

Is Joe House the Simmons buddy who's a very vocal Republican or do I have him mixed up with another one?

(I am not listening to that to find out.)

That's Jack-o, who has always been a never trumper type on the pod

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I changed my mind. Clay Davis most likely to be cancelled

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

DildenAnders posted:

Brother Mouzone.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Which Wire character is which Trump inner circle member?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Marlo is Stephen Miller and I dont care to think about this any further. Dont steal my content bill simmons

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”
Reince Preibus is Snot Boogy in that he was only in the intro to the first episode and his demise is kind of funny.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Which Wire character is which Trump inner circle member?

Also Clay Davis

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1326019091874844674

Jon, thank you.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

:vince:

Jon is a national treasure.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Bill simmons wrote an entire book about how he is an honorary black man.
Given how much of an absolute walking stereotype of not-quite-21st-Century Boston he is part of me's impressed that Simmons thinks black people are more than just glorified zoo animals.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

hcreight posted:

He turned it into a whole dang essay:

https://www.sbnation.com/secret-base/21559264/joe-biden-is-joe-flacco

quote:

Back in 2007, when Flacco was chucking footballs in the obscurity of the FCS and Biden was getting absolutely waxed in the Democratic primaries, it was impossible to imagine these two winning a Super Bowl and a presidency. Look at them now! Even in retrospect, neither completely makes sense, and both could only have happened under precisely the right circumstances. It was all about the jerseys they wore. Though Flacco caught fire in the 2012 playoffs, he was carried there by his defense during his own mediocre, unreliable play. Though Biden led convincingly in the polls throughout the 2020 general, he was carried there via the Democratic establishment forming ranks around him.

In the Super Bowl, Flacco matched up against Colin Kaepernick, who, despite his very strong numbers, was eventually completely shut out of the league on account of radical sociopolitical views that, in the judgment of the establishment, their base was not ready for. Hold on, Im going to grab a glass of water.

Jon, you absolute card!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Joe Biden is an elite president.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/646011711716216832

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Nov 11, 2020

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

hcreight posted:

https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1326719906038034432

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/barry/status/1329461733199667214

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Article also says that Jason Concepcion and Haley O'shaughnessy both left over a pay dispute. Kind of unreal that they'd try to cheap out on Jason of all people, he's all over their podcasts. I thought Binge Mode got super grating after the first few episodes but it's really popular and Desktop won a dang Emmy.