Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Carbohydrates posted:

Jesus, found someone online selling 1,050 sets of the old 4x chrome gold coins on a sprue - not linking it 'cause that's not the important part, but just look at this pic of them all:

Childhood me is so envious.

When the world ends this will be the new currency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

PowerBeard posted:

You order the gold coins... Finally, you can add them to your collection. They come to the door, you carefully open the packaging. But you don't notice the tiny hole forming in the bottom of the bag. All at once, they spray forth from the bag, you try to stop it but only catch one or two. Your floor is a minefield of tiny, shiny coins that you now have to spend the evening sweeping up and hoping you find them all. You never do.

Thank you for listening to my spooky tale of terror.

Reminds me of when I had a violently pooping pet rabbit

My mom still finds old rabbit turds in various crannies twenty years later

Edit: crannies of the house

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Brawnfire posted:

Edit: crannies of the house
I didn't know this edit was needed 'til I read it but thank you for re contextualizing that previous sentence, I really appreciate it

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

PowerBeard posted:

You order the gold coins... Finally, you can add them to your collection. They come to the door, you carefully open the packaging. But you don't notice the tiny hole forming in the bottom of the bag. All at once, they spray forth from the bag, you try to stop it but only catch one or two. Your floor is a minefield of tiny, shiny coins that you now have to spend the evening sweeping up and hoping you find them all. You never do.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

deoju posted:

After keeping the box in my closet for a while,I felt like the time was right to build my Statue of Liberty.

I had to modify her back foot though...

:patriot:

Do the face too!

I never got into it enough to mod the entire face, there's not much space to work with without a major redesign.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

deoju posted:

After keeping the box in my closet for a while,I felt like the time was right to build my Statue of Liberty.

I had to modify her back foot though...

:patriot:

:911:

xzzy posted:

Do the face too!

I never got into it enough to mod the entire face, there's not much space to work with without a major redesign.

Mask up, social distance, save lives.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

My question sir is about the budget

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Carbohydrates posted:

Jesus, found someone online selling 1,050 sets of the old 4x chrome gold coins on a sprue - not linking it 'cause that's not the important part, but just look at this pic of them all:

Childhood me is so envious.

Please do link it, I'm super curious what crazy amount someone is going to pay for these.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Sloppy posted:

Please do link it, I'm super curious what crazy amount someone is going to pay for these.

The trouble is we can't see the denomination of all the coins :thunk:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
1050 sets at 100 lego bucks = 105,000 lego bucks.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Another local facebook post. All put together once it seems
Diner 125
Parisian 225
Pet shop 210
Brick bank 180
Corner garage 150

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Goons help, I'm confused. I'm getting sucked back into LEGO since we had a kid and my mother in law went nuts buying us some lego sets despite the fact that he's one and a half and still playing with megablocks. She bought us some book store set that says right on the box it's for ages 16+, so obviously it's for my wife and not our son, she just loves buying gifts and we all loved lego as kids. So I thought it'd be a nice family tradition since my uncle always had a train set that went around their tree when it wasn't catching on fire, to pick up that lego holiday train set (10254) which I ordered off ebay but hasn't arrived yet. I checked lego's website and it says I need the IR speed remote control, ir receiver, AAA motor box and train motor. My question is, so I really need all that stuff if I'm not interested in controlling it with a remote? Can I just get the 88000 battery box and 88002 train motor and just flip it on? Or is the remote super cool and worth getting? I wasn't sure what the different controls on it even did, since I just had the monorail as a kid which was just forward/off/reverse controls.

I guess technically this all started last christmas when she got me a bunch of X-Men minifigs off etsy, which prompted me to buy the official blackwing/sentinel set. I can feel myself getting sucked back in. I already ordered some led lighting kit for this train I don't even have yet.

Edit: vv much appreciated!

davebo fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Nov 9, 2020

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
You absolutely can just get the battery box and motor and switch the thing on. The IR remote allows you to control the speed of the train and it has four(?) channels so you can have different trains running at the same time controlled by different controllers. I don't think it's necessary for you if you just want one train to be running continuously.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Brawnfire posted:

The trouble is we can't see the denomination of all the coins :thunk:

If they're all on sprues then it's always 1x 10, 1x 20, 1x 30, 1x 40

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice
Set your alarms! https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-star-wars-nebulon-b-frigate-77904-sdcc-2020-exclusive-releasing-on-november-14/

I'm going to try to grab two; one for me, one for a Christmas gift.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I hope they sell it on the Canadian site. I don't think I saw the Avengers one, but I'm pretty sure Bespin Duel did show up.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

LEGO store probably puts stuff up at some dumb time like 3am EST don't they. I know in previous experience with Amazon they're generally "yeah it'll go up eventually" with no rhyme or reason on timing. Unless it's different with LEGO maybe?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

esperantinc posted:

LEGO store probably puts stuff up at some dumb time like 3am EST don't they. I know in previous experience with Amazon they're generally "yeah it'll go up eventually" with no rhyme or reason on timing. Unless it's different with LEGO maybe?

Generally things go on sale in the us at midnight eastern. I can get stuff at 11 central (up to 5 minutes early as well). So start refreshing before then and you might get lucky.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

So Target is having a sale on Mega Constrx Halo stuff - https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=mega+construx

some highlights
Energy Sword. $16.99 - reg. $49.99
Master Chief Helmet $16.99 - reg. $29.99
Warthog Rally $16.99 - reg. $29.99

probably online only. They also have/had a %25 percent off coupon in their app, excludes Lego.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice
Today I got my Taskmaster set. Promptly put the box on the shelf as insurance if I miss the Nebulon-B and need to trade. If I get the next one then I can build both of them!

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Earth posted:

Set your alarms! https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-star-wars-nebulon-b-frigate-77904-sdcc-2020-exclusive-releasing-on-november-14/

I'm going to try to grab two; one for me, one for a Christmas gift.
Are there any other SW sets that would be roughly same scale as this?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Nebulon going to be on LEGO.com later on or is it a one and done on amazon?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

MarxCarl posted:

So Target is having a sale on Mega Constrx Halo stuff - https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=mega+construx

some highlights

probably online only. They also have/had a %25 percent off coupon in their app, excludes Lego.

God I'm so jealous of Americans. I'd order so many of these and the Pokemon stuff. We get barely any Mega in the UK.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fritzler posted:

Are there any other SW sets that would be roughly same scale as this?

The UCS Star Destroyer is probably pretty close.

DrChu
May 14, 2002

veni veni veni posted:

The UCS Star Destroyer is probably pretty close.

Do you mean the Midi-scale Star Destroyer?
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalo...%204/5/6%5D#T=I

Or I misread that as scale of the completed piece and you meant this relatively small model would be in scale in universe to the huge UCS Star Destroyer set.

DrChu fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 9, 2020

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Yes thats what he meant. The Lego Nebulon B is 30 cm to the USC Star Destroyer's 110 cm. In universe it's 300m to 1600m.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

yeah, in universe. They'd probably display nicely together. I can't think of any other Lego sets that even come close to scaling properly with the Nebulon B.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nothing in any Lego series has ever been to scale with other lego sets. :v:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

being a huge nerd about scale, it's been one of the hardest things about Lego for me. The UCS Starfighters not being to scale with each other drives me loving crazy lol.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

xzzy posted:

Nothing in any Lego series has ever been to scale with other lego sets. :v:
I know, but I was just curious! Veni veni veni thank you - especially with pic makes sense.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

veni veni veni posted:

being a huge nerd about scale, it's been one of the hardest things about Lego for me. The UCS Starfighters not being to scale with each other drives me loving crazy lol.
you've never gotten into transformers have you, hopefully

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

veni veni veni posted:

See I’m the opposite. I like scale renderings, but it feels like there is sort of a range of platonic ideal scales at which children/adults can play, so as long as the models fall into that range individually so they can anchor a play session, their individual play is maximized. Once you have the central piece figured out, have a bucket of extra parts and build the ancillary stuff to the scale you want. Maybe the ancillary stuff is a fleet of napkin sized star destroyers because your central scale is Hoth. Maybe the ancillary stuff is larger because your central scale is a tie fighter.

Ymmv and by all means don’t take this as some sort of “this is the best” post, it’s just a different perspective you might enjoy glancing through. Think of it like being loaned a pair of binoculars if you will.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

MarxCarl posted:

some highlights

This sale is fantastic, used the 25% off plus 5% on the redcard to buy the Mega Pelican, and wound up saving somewhere around 50$ all said and done. Can’t wait to snap that together after I finish the haunted house and train set for the tree

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

veni veni veni posted:

The UCS Starfighters not being to scale with each other drives me loving crazy lol.

Agreed, but the A-Wing and Snowspeeder would have to be tiny or the Y-Wing would have to be made loving gigantic.

Psycho Turtles
Jul 2, 2007
Colosseum has all but been confirmed with a launch event on 11/13: https://brickset.com/article/54649/...ot74_8.facebook

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Minifig-scale Executor when

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Just so long as they don't make any of those lame-rear end gladiators with the nets and tridents.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
That could make a neat cat bed except they’ll probably knead it to shreds.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

The Bloop posted:

Minifig-scale Executor when

When someone acquires all the grey pieces that have ever been made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Spookydonut posted:

When someone acquires all the grey pieces that have ever been made

I just did the quick math and a minifig scale super star destroyer would be just under 1300 ft long lmao