Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Beyond the last game, I didn't find it unreasonable that Gura got ejected or wasn't believed. I was watching from Suisei's perspective and most people in her chat didn't believe what Gura was saying the first time she sus'd out an imposter. And when Gura sus'd out Suisei, Ame did a relatively good job protecting Suisei.

It only looked real bad if you only watched Gura's perspective. Though given that Gura has more than double the number of views on her video than the next highest, it's probably a lot of people that see it as bad.

EDIT: Just to clarify about Amelia's defense of Suisei. It was hot garbage. It was terrible. But that's the thing about social deduction games. If you're evil, sometimes all you have to achieve is chaos rather than looking "not sus." Flimsy arguments that barely keep you alive, but win you the game are just as good as convincing arguments that clear you of suspicion. And that's why it was still good, even though it was bad.

Trihugger fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Nov 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTctnYJw2sM

Sometimes you just dame da ne

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
In any case people be having a rough time

https://twitter.com/airaniiofifteen/status/1326002904130482176

https://twitter.com/moonahoshinova/status/1326006361235222529

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I don't think we'll be seeing another big among us collab anytime soon if at all, if I'm in their shoes it's not worth all the grief that came out from today. Better off just doing a chill minecraft collab and getting just as many viewers without the bullshit.

E: In happier news:

https://twitter.com/watsonameliaEN/status/1326009192797233152

Haachama continuing that EN dominance.

Lyer fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Nov 10, 2020

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Need to start referring to Ame's Saturdays as Salty Saturday.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Viridiant posted:

I'm scared of Suisei.

her running around during her imposter round singing to herself and talking about eating calli's heart was some stephen king poo poo, to be sure

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lyer posted:

I don't think we'll be seeing another big among us collab anytime soon if at all, if I'm in their shoes it's not worth all the grief that came out from today. Better off just doing a chill minecraft collab and getting just as many viewers without the bullshit.

The real issue with the collab was the poor communication. Like, basically all the discussion was limited to doko? and <name here> sus. Another reason why Kiara is so important to have around, so that everybody can feel ok to talk in their language of choice.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

paranoid randroid posted:

her running around during her imposter round singing to herself and talking about eating calli's heart was some stephen king poo poo, to be sure

I see she's continuing her activity from her Project Winter days, where whether she was a traitor or survivor she would consume the hearts of her enemies.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My dream collab is one including Holostars in some sort of imposter game so that Suisei and Tenma can both unleash the beast and go ham on everyone else.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB8i-9LRRD4

Learn to count with Luna.

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

trucutru posted:

The real issue with the collab was the poor communication. Like, basically all the discussion was limited to doko? and <name here> sus. Another reason why Kiara is so important to have around, so that everybody can feel ok to talk in their language of choice.

Not really? The JP/ID girls almost universally were enthusiastically using whatever bits of English they knew and clearly were enjoying themselves and were pretty happy about getting to play with their non-JP counterparts. Suisei even played off it by pretending to not know any English to ward off suspicion the one time she was imposter. It sucks that Gura got salty but even Ame was having a good time with what limited vocabulary she was able to come up with. As was mentioned earlier, if the only perspective you watched was Gura's then maybe it came off as a mess, but pretty much everyone else was having a blast :shrug:.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the real issue is that gura had 1 million subscriber and made the mistake of showing a human emotion that didnt make people feel good, so now people are desperate to cause drama

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Yeah like, re this:

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

People talking about how it wasn't fun to watch Gura having a bad time in that colab is different from people complaining about it or saying that she's being bad at her job, that's something you are projecting. It's not fun to watch someone suffering, that's basic empathy. I'm sure there are people who think that Gura did a "bad job" or whatever, but you shouldn't assume that everyone thinks that way.

I've definitely seen people say Gura should apologize to JP/ID for being salty/negative or whatever. It's stupid and dumb and it's on the extreme end of the spectrum in responses to "i did not enjoy unhappy Gura"

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

trucutru posted:

Yeah it's easily fixable with more organization, I just think today (and poo poo in general over the past few weeks) would make the girls just not want to deal with garbage unless they had to. I know I'm tired of just even seeing drama over anime girls playing video games, I can't imagine being the target of it. Then again this is the price of blowing up like the way they have, so the good comes with the bad.

Unrelated, but I think Amelia's Haachama minecraft collab will be on the JP server. Unless Ame moved her character back to her house via suicide off stream or completed the nether railway, she's super far from the initial spawn point that Haachama would pop in at.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The only issue about the Among Us collab is people deciding their favorite streamer didn't enjoy it as much as they thought she should and getting really weird about it.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Lt. Lizard posted:

The only issue about the Among Us collab is people deciding their favorite streamer didn't enjoy it as much as they thought she should and getting really weird about it.

This seems to be the main thing. Similar to how Iofi was getting poo poo from people. Its dumb and people need to stop getting mad for real over video games.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lt. Lizard posted:

"Idols" having fans getting weird about things comes with the job. Like, the three big JP holos (Korone, Peko, and FBK) are absolute pros at controlling their viewers (Specially the doggo, she's like a magical kindergarten teacher). I'm pretty sure that the EN ones will also be able to handle their fan's (lovely or not) expectations, they just got really big really loving fast.

In any case, the among us collabs are pretty drat entertaining and get the views so I'm sure they'll continue.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Eej posted:

I've definitely seen people say Gura should apologize to JP/ID for being salty/negative or whatever.

loving cripes

trucutru posted:

"Idols" having fans getting weird about things comes with the job. Like, the three big JP holos (Korone, Peko, and FBK) are absolute pros at controlling their viewers (Specially the doggo, she's like a magical kindergarten teacher). I'm pretty sure that the EN ones will also be able to handle their fan's (lovely or not) expectations, they just got really big really loving fast.

In any case, the among us collabs are pretty drat entertaining and get the views so I'm sure they'll continue.

Is it even specifically Gura's viewers looking to drama monger

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

The Among Us player base seems really bad

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I also feel it's much harder to manage viewers in a collab environment anyway.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

cave emperor posted:

The Among Us player base seems really bad

As someone whose played a lot of public matches, it is. It's easily the most toxic community I've seen in a game in ages. The 1/20 games where you actually play with decent people is a ton of fun though which is why it shines in collabs usually. The other 19 games where half the people quit immediately, mash the meeting button as soon as possible, hurl racist and bigoted insults at everyone, and cheat with their friends in Discord are the usual though, unfortunately.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

SpartanIvy posted:

As someone whose played a lot of public matches, it is. It's easily the most toxic community I've seen in a game in ages. The 1/20 games where you actually play with decent people is a ton of fun though which is why it shines in collabs usually. The other 19 games where half the people quit immediately, mash the meeting button as soon as possible, hurl racist and bigoted insults at everyone, and cheat with their friends in Discord are the usual though, unfortunately.

I've never played the game, but this loving explains everything to me now.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

I also feel it's much harder to manage viewers in a collab environment anyway.

Especially doesn't help that you kinda have to intentionally not look at chat for among us because there will always be shitheads spoiling stuff in chat.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah public games basically don't exist in that game, you play with your friends or not at all. Then you end up with the Magic The Gathering problem where a handful of friends decide to start taking it really seriously and it stops being fun for everyone else.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

njsykora posted:

Yeah public games basically don't exist in that game, you play with your friends or not at all. Then you end up with the Magic The Gathering problem where a handful of friends decide to start taking it really seriously and it stops being fun for everyone else.

According to my notes of the last 40 games, there is a 78% chance of you going for the upper hand reader during the reactor sabotage when you play a crewmate. How come you were in the bottom one twice this game?

When did you do your swipe the card task?

In any case, the game is mostly played by teenagers (and the viewership is mostly kids) so of course public games are going to be poo poo.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The collab was fine it just needed more direction during the discussion and probably a bit more time since there is a language barrier.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3iwtNGewzE

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Callie's Yakuza playthrough stream is apparently sponsored, good for her, hopefully she got paid big bucks for it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Sponsored by the devs, which explains why both her and Kiara are streaming it today.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

njsykora posted:

Yeah public games basically don't exist in that game, you play with your friends or not at all.

Friends, my one weakness

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I'm enjoying Calli's Yakuza stream, but it seems to be in the middle of the story? (it started at chapter 5 and she's bulldozing encounters left and right)

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah looks like it's a demo build. Yakuza 7's worldwide release isn't for like another 6 hrs, so this is probably just what they gave her.

She hit New Game on the main menu and it kicked her into ch.5

Also Callie's stream of consciousness style of commentary gives me life

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Schneider Heim posted:

I'm enjoying Calli's Yakuza stream, but it seems to be in the middle of the story? (it started at chapter 5 and she's bulldozing encounters left and right)

shes really in her element when it comes to gangland poo poo

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
calli screaming DO IT COWARDS! VOTE ME OUT! from the collab is like

yeah, yeah thats the jam right there

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Sora is playing Phasmaphobia alone right now. :unsmith: But she seems to be having fun.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Fubuki was doing that too, yesterday morning.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Onean posted:

Fubuki was doing that too, yesterday morning.

Fubuki's solo Phasmaphobia streams are pretty great: https://youtu.be/hRJXAwcCE8o

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

njsykora posted:

Sponsored by the devs, which explains why both her and Kiara are streaming it today.

I'm glad Sega US sees the value of HoloEN.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

lol kiara showed up at callis at the end of the stream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Kild posted:

lol kiara showed up at callis at the end of the stream

They're recording a song together!