Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I say turd all the time.

Turd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Tomorrow, I have to sit in on a job interview with a man named Richard Leak.

I hope the chair is disposable.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Tomorrow, I have to sit in on a job interview with a man named Richard Leak.

Oh hey that’s Dick Trickle’s father.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Unfortunately, Mr. Leak canceled his interview within hours of scheduling it, so I won't be able to put a face to the leak.

In good news, the boss at my other job has finally been convinced that "gypsy" is an ethnic slur. Thank you, American lawyer he inexplicably hired!

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Unfortunately, Mr. Leak canceled his interview within hours of scheduling it, so I won't be able to put a face to the leak.

In good news, the boss at my other job has finally been convinced that "gypsy" is an ethnic slur. Thank you, American lawyer he inexplicably hired!

Sad you won't get to meet but glad to hear the DL situation is contained.

What happened with the lawyer then? I remember you originally brought it up but did he hire a lawyer for something else and then ask as an aside, cause your wording kinda makes it sound like the argument blew up enough that he got crazy enough to hire a lawyer to answer if it's a legal slur which is it's own wonderful level of crazy, honestly. I wish all racists could be referred to a lawyer whose advice they will follow and refrain from further slurring once legally confirmed the word is harmful.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

jojoinnit posted:

Sad you won't get to meet but glad to hear the DL situation is contained.

What happened with the lawyer then? I remember you originally brought it up but did he hire a lawyer for something else and then ask as an aside, cause your wording kinda makes it sound like the argument blew up enough that he got crazy enough to hire a lawyer to answer if it's a legal slur which is it's own wonderful level of crazy, honestly. I wish all racists could be referred to a lawyer whose advice they will follow and refrain from further slurring once legally confirmed the word is harmful.

Oh, my God, no! Nothing so dramatic, sorry for making it sound that way! No, he just has a lawyer who specializes in, I don't know, video game law. He's weirdly concerned about not offending people, so I guess he brought it up with the lawyer as something I'd flagged? The US is his target market and this guy is a lawyer for other video game developers, including some of his personal heroes, so I guess I get it. I dunno, I just write the poop jokes and then sadly delete the poop jokes because my boss hates scatological humor.

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 16:11 on Nov 3, 2020

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Moronica

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.
teacomse, which I'm imagining it pronounced like tecumseh
taighamana
kavatate
qwashannon
queenenna
jubilee
artist
rhythm
mimoza
aholibama-not sure if this is lost in translation as she had a fairly common spanish surname

last names bytheway and heckenlively

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Aholibama is one of those obscure Biblical names. I kind of like Jubilee, though.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
There's an American gymnast called eMjae.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Aholibama is one of those obscure Biblical names.

I can't stop thinking of Many Waters.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

She's definitely going to get a job in STEM to screw with her parents.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Aholibama is one of those obscure Biblical names. I kind of like Jubilee, though.

It's better than Jubilation Lee at least.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I get abused for my name - and restaurants always laugh when I try to book table

Her name is Corona.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Jack Weiner

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

All of this definitely happened, and also if she's booking a restaurant table in these times she deserves the derision regardless of her name.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Two-time Cy Young award winner Jacob deGrom & his wife named their daughter Aniston.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?

YeahTubaMike posted:

Two-time Cy Young award winner Jacob deGrom & his wife named their daughter Aniston.

I have an elementary school classmate whose daughter is Annastyn.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

You're still in elementary school? Well, I won't judge, at least you didn't drop out.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

JaneError posted:

I have an elementary school classmate whose daughter is Annastyn.

Phlegmish posted:

You're still in elementary school? Well, I won't judge, at least you didn't drop out.

Babies having babies :smith:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/dfank_bu/status/1326741571077857280?s=21

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I can't stop giggling at "Mason McHorse" because doesn't that mean his dad was a horse? Or his grandfather?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I can't stop giggling at "Mason McHorse" because doesn't that mean his dad was a horse? Or his grandfather?

Lady, once society tells you its rude to make the whole word stare at your goods you gotta find a subtler way to let everyone know.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

He's vary stable.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Kailub

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012
Been digging through the Social Security Death Master File lately, so here are the names of some people who got SSNs and then died.

Big Johnson
Big Knife
Big Shorty
Blenda Bong
Bort Baltus
Cancer Traylor
Chaos Martin
Economy Clubb
Hades Hernandez
Jello Sheriff
Number Williams
Ray St. Penis
Urban A. Panther

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
All solid usernames.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Winter Stormer posted:

Ray St. Penis

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh I feel like after 15 years I should keep my current username but I really want this one lmao

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

If I were a St. Penis you'd best believe I'd have a good story ready about how my ancestor was canonised.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Economy Clubb is the saddest name I think I've ever heard.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Look out! Here comes the Jello Sheriff!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I so badly want Hades Hernandez to rhyme. Like it would be next level if it was Hades Mercedes or something.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Urban Panther is like sewer gators, but cooler.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
If Big Shorty didn't drop a at least a demo tape before he died, I'm gonna be disappointed.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Winter Stormer posted:

Been digging through the Social Security Death Master File lately, so here are the names of some people who got SSNs and then died.

Big Johnson
Big Knife
Big Shorty
Blenda Bong
Bort Baltus
Cancer Traylor
Chaos Martin
Economy Clubb
Hades Hernandez
Jello Sheriff
Number Williams
Ray St. Penis
Urban A. Panther

Okay, I call dibs on patenting the Blend-a-Bong, which makes healthy smoothies and high people simultaneously.

Jello Sheriff is the best thing ever.

Economy Clubb is an upgrade offered in Coach where you get .25 cm extra legroom if you pay 150 of whatever currency you're in.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Chaos Martin is my punk name

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

Winter Stormer posted:

Big Johnson
Big Knife
Big Shorty
Blenda Bong
Bort Baltus
Cancer Traylor
Chaos Martin
Economy Clubb
Hades Hernandez
Jello Sheriff
Number Williams
Ray St. Penis
Urban A. Panther

Some of these names are A+. I wish I was badass enough to be called Urban Panther.

Also, I googled Chaos Martin and his wife was named Peachie.

One of their 8 children was also named Wimpy, or so I thought. Apparently his real name was just Ardell. Disappointing!

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012
Continuing adventures in the Death Master File.

Boring Smith
Cash Poore
Cumming Dykes
Elfy Person
Gay Handy
Handy Gandy
Hella Dankner
Hunky Shaw
Ima Hooker
Ima Hogg
King Bowser
King Fleek
King Kong
King Tribble

There is a shitload of good King [whatever] but these really struck my fancy.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

YES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Brother of Andy Pandy.