Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

I thought there were 11 in 1dq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

For every page of this thread, a new keepstar. Make it so.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Phlegmish posted:

I want my own keepstar if every other goon has one already

We don't, but you can have your own Astrahus or any of the mining/engineering citadels pretty quickly. Fortizars aren't crazy expensive either, but if you want to drop one in goon space you'd have to fund it for and online it in the name of a member corp; you can't deploy your own.

e: and coming on Jan 21st you'll have to install a citadel core that makes your space fortress a multi-billion isk loot piñata for anyone that can get a bunch of torp bombers or a few dreads together

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Jazzzzz posted:

We don't, but you can have your own Astrahus or any of the mining/engineering citadels pretty quickly. Fortizars aren't crazy expensive either, but if you want to drop one in goon space you'd have to fund it for and online it in the name of a member corp; you can't deploy your own.

e: and coming on Jan 21st you'll have to install a citadel core that makes your space fortress a multi-billion isk loot piñata for anyone that can get a bunch of torp bombers or a few dreads together

So is Jan 21st really going to screw up high sec structures? I feel like having public compression is going a long way for making the trit flow. If those don't stay open, this poo poo is going to stall in a hurry.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!
Why do we even bother with null sec anymore. CCP are doing everything possible to cripple nulls economy empties. Fozziesov is stupid. Bring back POS warfare. Re-eve to the Red Moon Rising expansion

Anyway, how much isk can I get if I purposely get myself banned as the 25,000 user to be banned onSA ?

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

DGC773 posted:

Why do we even bother with null sec anymore. CCP are doing everything possible to cripple nulls economy empties. Fozziesov is stupid. Bring back POS warfare. Re-eve to the Red Moon Rising expansion

Anyway, how much isk can I get if I purposely get myself banned as the 25,000 user to be banned onSA ?

None, I literally lurk this thread just to watch you come in and gloat about something inconsequential and then become noticeably absent when your team loses another meaningful objective.

Since I don't even have skin in the game I assume you're doubly amusing to those who actually give a poo poo and are oiling up for when you finally post after reality has set in.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

DGC773 posted:

I would donate 4 !bacon_points.

But seriously, you guys aren't quitting this early are you?

After the war I was thinking about putting a character into faction warfare. I've lived in highsec, null and w-space but never low. FW can't be completely dead, right

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Low is like a bad version of w space.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm still not sure what lowsec is about

I went to the place where every goon face
Is an invitation to robbery
And sitting here in my safe nullsec/highsec home
Don't want to go back there again

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Anias posted:

Low is like a bad version of w space.

Nah that's Pochvin

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

TEST pubbies are unable to fight the swarm when they don't have Pandemic's strong hands giving them a reach around.

https://br.evetools.org/br/5fa9f7f23784b1001aa673a4

edit:

Nyan Bread fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 10, 2020

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Sickening posted:

Totally incorrect. Shooting rocks isn't loving with newbies. Shooting newbies would be loving with newbies. Scaming newbies would be loving with newbies. Price gouging newbies woudld be loving with newbies. Trying to connect solo mining to griefing newbies is the same mental gymnastics I have been making fun of.

lol I totally missed this

My Phlegma alt is in KFU, I caught some of this in the chat. They take their mining very seriously, which being an eager newbeaver myself I like overall, but maybe not in this specific scenario. Everyone needs to chill, they need to let you mine, but also you don't have to go out of your way to gently caress with them, some are cool and will end up (or are) in KF and whatnot.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

I spent two and a half hours running an escalation to a blood den. I drat near lost my battleship in the final room because it dropped me into a killzone. But it was all worth it to me.

Now I just need to find a way to sell it...

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Phlegmish posted:

It’s the place you occasionally pass through on shopping trips.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

TEST pubbies are unable to fight the swarm when they don't have Pandemic's strong hands giving them a reach around.

https://br.evetools.org/br/5fa9f7f23784b1001aa673a4

edit:

Wtf I love cauldronborn now

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Solus posted:

Wtf I love cauldronborn now

He's become my favorite FC. He balances the bullshit/serious stuff well, is fairly competent, and actively tries to provide a good time.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

iospace posted:

Nah that's Pochvin

Super valid, and I retract my statement. Low is like a bad version of Pochven.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Inglonias posted:

I spent two and a half hours running an escalation to a blood den. I drat near lost my battleship in the final room because it dropped me into a killzone. But it was all worth it to me.

Now I just need to find a way to sell it...

Some of the most fun chill and fun gameplay I've done is just running sites and escalations in highsec in a completely stupidly fitted enyo. It murders a lot of things but its also hilariously undershipped for others and clearing those is a fun challenge. It would pull maybe 50m an hour. Back when there were static span sites I just ran a route of all of them but now I multibox a scanner alt I also dump loot to.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Phlegmish posted:

When I first started playing I remember seeing this:

I wanna try being the shirtless guy with the bling. First step: grow a rockin' stache.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
What is good about lowsec besides the lack of bubbles?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sickening posted:

Lack of bubbles, usually smaller fights, brawling in plexes instead of kitey bullshit.

Eve's biggest problem is, except for a few instances (such as the fight over Nova, Asakai, the first burning of Rage, the recent Trig events), most of the events that make the gaming press comes out of null sec, so at times, CCP has put null first at the expensive of low and w-space.

e: oh and LP. It's no where near as profitable as it used to be LP wise (as already covered in this thread, thanks goons :v:), but you can make LP in low.

iospace fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Nov 10, 2020

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Sickening posted:

General proximity to jita
Largely empty and easy to crab in
Uhh

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

Sickening posted:

No Sov.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

lowsec varies a lot depending on which bubble of lowsec you are actually in. the attraction of the FW areas is obviously FW. some places are areas that highsec haulers might cut through if they're feeling saucy - once upon a time, long long ago before nullsec really got off the ground, those systems were where the "drat i want to play that game" stories were made, but modern haulers are a deeply risk-averse bunch so good luck even getting a shot at an old-style pirate encounter. idk maybe with niarja triangled out of existence there will be a window of opportunity to play pirate on impatient jita-amarr travelers

some are pipes into null, which have the obvious attraction of providing opportunities to bust open a juicy astero on its way back from exploring, but a canny explorer can now filament out into null, fill up on loot, filament into pochven, and then filament to a minor victory system to avoid these pipes entirely.

some are just in the middle of nowhere and are safe enough to do highsec-esque things in but with a higher payout. there are more of these now since the triangle men busted some 0.5s down to lowsec status. lowsec is good for mining now i guess and these are the places to do it if you feel the need.

the shirtless bling days of lowsec are gone, at least for now. it pawned the bling and shaved its chest hair in highly questionable ways

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Nov 10, 2020

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

None, I literally lurk this thread just to watch you come in and gloat about something inconsequential and then become noticeably absent when your team loses another meaningful objective.

Since I don't even have skin in the game I assume you're doubly amusing to those who actually give a poo poo and are oiling up for when you finally post after reality has set in.

What significant objective have PAPI lost recently?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

DGC773 posted:

well, you haven't won any

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
If you are a noob in low sec you can learn to farm Clone Transports for reasonably decent loot drops, whilst learning about how to deal with dscan paranoia.

I was getting 5 tags in an evening once the rats escalated so that's about 75 mil per day quite easily.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

DGC773 posted:

Not really terribly significant per-se, but B4H-9W I-hubs were all flipped back to CONDI yesterday.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
Jita undocks the opposite way now. Lovely. Time to create new instaundocks.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

madjack posted:

Jita undocks the opposite way now. Lovely. Time to create new instaundocks.

SERIOUSLY?! :ccp:

I've had the same instas since 2009.

... Wouldn't it be interesting though if the station were constantly turning?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
So with the ESS changes and ability for anyone to see the amount of cash waiting in the bank account...is there any point to ratting anymore in 0.0?

Also, whats happening in the war? I saw a reddit thread saying a keepstar got something in 49-U but it wasn't clear what happened or whats happening.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Beach Bum posted:

Not really terribly significant per-se, but B4H-9W I-hubs were all flipped back to CONDI yesterday.

As many people have said in this thread already. Fozziesov is bad and attacking ihubs is way easier than defending them

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Comstar posted:

Also, whats happening in the war? I saw a reddit thread saying a keepstar got something in 49-U but it wasn't clear what happened or whats happening.

Hostiles got sov 3 in 49-U, which lets them put up cynojammers. Then, and only then, do they feel comfortable sieging a keepstar. They've either reinforced it or destroyed it completely, I'm not sure.

Other than that, hostiles are going out of their way to avoid anything that's inside our jump range, despite having more bodies and more supers than us. We've jammed a shitload of space and put up a permacamp on the only gate into that area.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Comstar posted:

So with the ESS changes and ability for anyone to see the amount of cash waiting in the bank account...is there any point to ratting anymore in 0.0?

To back to empire and do lvl4 missions risk free with no risk of the bounty being stolen.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Hostiles got sov 3 in 49-U, which lets them put up cynojammers. Then, and only then, do they feel comfortable sieging a keepstar. They've either reinforced it or destroyed it completely, I'm not sure.

Other than that, hostiles are going out of their way to avoid anything that's inside our jump range, despite having more bodies and more supers than us. We've jammed a shitload of space and put up a permacamp on the only gate into that area.

In the last three days I have been on PAPI fleet with capitals on grid. All within jump range of your caps.

I am not even spinning. Get an alt and put it in PH inc and you will see.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

PAPI fails yet another objective as it crashes against the Imperium EUTZ swarm vanguard!

https://fleetcom.space/battlereport/YqRPK5E2pvv2iDcZQ

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
I'm gonna give DCG some props. a few days ago he posted that papi would now attach poco's to mess with PI and yesterday I was logged in while watching netflix and a bunch of poco notifications kept coming up for being attacked.

How much is a POCO again? 10s of millions?

*edit: Oh and speaking of PI.. that prompted me to finally get off my rear end and make a PI farm. This is cancer. What a dumb thing, i hate it.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Nov 10, 2020

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

PAPI fails yet another objective as it crashes against the Imperium EUTZ swarm vanguard!

https://fleetcom.space/battlereport/YqRPK5E2pvv2iDcZQ

Fake BR. They don't outnumber us 3 to 1, no way they would have engaged

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Dalael posted:

I'm gonna give DCG some props. a few days ago he posted that papi would now attach poco's to mess with PI and yesterday I was logged in while watching netflix and a bunch of poco notifications kept coming up for being attacked.

How much is a POCO again? 10s of millions?

*edit: Oh and speaking of PI.. that prompted me to finally get off my rear end and make a PI farm. This is cancer. What a dumb thing, i hate it.

The worst thing I've run into about PI so far is that I can't autoroute goods. I have a factory planet, and the initial "make sure all my goods are routed" has sucked so hard. It's gotten easier as I've reached the stage where no matter where the good is there's a route to suck it to a factory, but ugh.

Now imagine I decide to retool. :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Comstar posted:

I wonder how the new system will effect corp taxes. Does the ratter pay tax on the ticks and on the % that comes out of the ESS? Or do they pay the full tax out of the initial payment as if the ESS wasn't there?