Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Even if you paint it red or whatever there’s no telling whether you’ll notice once you get the battle rattle brain going.

If you need the zero fuses for making traps then just carry the fuses separately goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
There is a story on how the FDF got lots of experience on defusing explosives. There is an island called Vallisaari (Wall/Barrier Island) just outside Helsinki, where there used to be a storage facility for the ammunition of heavy coastal artillery. In 1937 the whole thing exploded (possibly due to neglect of proper storage methods) over a day and tons of unexploded explosives were spread all over the place. It was closed to the public for decades due to all that crap littering it, which has slowly been defused by the FDF over the years. Nowadays there is public access to the island, but parts of it are still closed due to danger of explosives. According to the Finnish wikipedia article the firebrigades fighting the blaze had to repeatedly take cover due to the shells flying in the air and the explosions.

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

Dick Burglar posted:

Were they right? Could they tell if any of the grenades had instant fuses?

They couldn't tell with certainty, and it wasn't widespread, just common enough to get the stories going, and get Hezbollah fighters to doubt their weapons.

I think I've heard of it from elsewhere as well, but with small arms ammo, insering a few duds and a few overcharged cartridges here and there, just to mess with the heads of the enemy fighters?

The US doing it to VC in Vietnam perhaps? I can't recall.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Think I've seen that with 8mm Mauser, just the whole cartridge case packed with explosive instead of a bit of powder, but I can't remember how they slipped that to the Nazis.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
On the topic of "don't go around SF dudes with explosives", my favorite photo of my brother in Afghanistan. He went SF after I joined (way to one-up me, dude) and his team took a picture with a cache of weapons. His team lead is posing with two RPG-7 warheads crossed over his chest, big operator beard, stern look, very Call of Duty video game cover type poo poo, cool beans. What he doesn't see is my brother photobombing him six feet behind with a dick-shaped stick of plastic explosives sticking out of his ACU pants and a gigantic grin.

When he sent it to me I e-mailed him back one line: "I know you know what you are doing, but I do question the thought process of putting explosives on your dick."

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Thump! posted:

Fact: The Army was not better than the Marines.

Jim that you?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Caconym posted:

The US doing it to VC in Vietnam perhaps? I can't recall.

The US did do similar in Vietnam, though instead of a supply chain attack, they would tamper with VC supplies they found in connection with a bunch of faked paperwork and coms to imply that the Vietnamese higher ups knew the poo poo was defective but didn’t want to confront China about it. Sounded more bark than bite, but I didn’t look that deeply into it back when I saw it.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Wild T posted:

I do question the thought process of putting explosives on your dick."

New thread title

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Eldest Son/Italian Green were the names of the sabotaged munitions programs in VN.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

aphid_licker posted:

Think I've seen that with 8mm Mauser, just the whole cartridge case packed with explosive instead of a bit of powder, but I can't remember how they slipped that to the Nazis.

Some Nazi munitions were made in concentration camps with slave labor.
Quality varied. Some of the issues were due to terrible working conditions and material shortages, but others were outright sabotage.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Hey I'm the idiot. I significantly lost my poo poo today, I don't know why, but I am ashamed. Why is my brain broken?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Booger Presley posted:

Hey I'm the idiot. I significantly lost my poo poo today, I don't know why, but I am ashamed. Why is my brain broken?

We've all been mentally redlined in one way or another since mid-March, and most people's "relief valves" for stress involve exposure to others (at least proximity-wise, if not socially) in some way, shape, or form.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I was also the idiot this week when I felt ~feelings~ about whiny fucks flying the flag upside down lol.

I shouldn't give a gently caress but it pissed me off.

Lol "we're in distress"

Sure. OK.

I'm still the idiot, but I'm sure it'll pass.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Honestly at this point, occasionally losing your poo poo is probably a good indicator of mental health. It's the folks not occasionally saying "gently caress this, I need a day" that kinda scare me.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

PathAsc posted:

I was also the idiot this week when I felt ~feelings~ about whiny fucks flying the flag upside down lol.

Lol "we're in distress"

Sure. OK.

I mean it's not like they follow any other rules for flying the flag.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

No poo poo. I'm sick of all the dipshits flying a big Ol' Glory off their compensation mobile where it's gotten shredded from being driven around at highway speeds for months and leaving it up in all weather and at night.

Burning a flag as a political statement = bad!
Flying a flag to literal ribbons for months = OK!

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

They’re also the types to proudly fly the defaced blue line flag and don’t see how it’s a problem

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

MrUnderbridge posted:

No poo poo. I'm sick of all the dipshits flying a big Ol' Glory off their compensation mobile where it's gotten shredded from being driven around at highway speeds for months and leaving it up in all weather and at night.

Burning a flag as a political statement = bad!
Flying a flag to literal ribbons for months = OK!

Yeah, this one gets to me. Nothing like several months of road salt and "ROLLING COAL!!!" to show a bit of respect.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Rolling coal is loving pathetic and stupid, and I say that as a diesel enthusiast

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Wild T posted:

Honestly at this point, occasionally losing your poo poo is probably a good indicator of mental health. It's the folks not occasionally saying "gently caress this, I need a day" that kinda scare me.

I need to look at it this way, that seriously helps

iwentdoodie posted:

I mean it's not like they follow any other rules for flying the flag.

True, I'm just adding to the pile of that whole buttfuckery

This thread is therapeutic

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

PathAsc posted:

Lol "we're in distress"

Sure. OK.

This is going to read really different after the coast guard divers recover the sunken vessel.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
In my neighborhood of brave patriots (beach community where most of the homes are generational) people are extremely respectful, we're next to a military base so that may help. And by respectful I mean they bring the Trump flag in at night but leave the stars and stripes out in all weather and at night and someone even cut holes in it to zip tie it to their balcony. Nationalism, so cool.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
I found an idiot, hopefully a bot:

https://twitter.com/CommieGIR/status/1326185187668078592?s=20

Nate Cain guy goes on a spiel about his military record and then claims that the Dems hacked the election.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Man, what the gently caress happened to this world. Am I more aware or is this poo poo insane?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Booger Presley posted:

Man, what the gently caress happened to this world. Am I more aware or is this poo poo insane?

Apparently its this moron:

https://twitter.com/0DDJ0BB/status/1326137762999918592?s=20

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

CommieGIR posted:

I found an idiot, hopefully a bot:

https://twitter.com/CommieGIR/status/1326185187668078592?s=20

Nate Cain guy goes on a spiel about his military record and then claims that the Dems hacked the election.

LOL I know a ton of CISSPs and I wouldn't trust them to manage my weekly grocery order.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

TCD posted:

LOL I know a ton of CISSPs and I wouldn't trust them to manage my weekly grocery order.

Yea, honestly the only cert I trust are OSCP's, because at least they had to crack a few machines the hard way and are basically graded on being able to do that and writing a report on it.

Everyone else is just good at cramming for exams and doing multiple choice, unless otherwise proven.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Yeah OSCP requires at least some understanding of both technical and ability to write it up. CISSP is usually a cram cert for getting past HR filters

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

maffew buildings posted:

In my neighborhood of brave patriots (beach community where most of the homes are generational) people are extremely respectful, we're next to a military base so that may help. And by respectful I mean they bring the Trump flag in at night but leave the stars and stripes out in all weather and at night and someone even cut holes in it to zip tie it to their balcony. Nationalism, so cool.

On one hand I want to say this reminds me of Tyndall, on the otherhand there are a lot of idiot chuds out there.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

piL posted:

This is going to read really different after the coast guard divers recover the sunken vessel.

What vessel, or is this trap sprung because I'm the double idiot for thinking this is a real thing?

Betting it's the latter

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

maffew buildings posted:

They've got their personal priorities in order and don't remotely hide their preferences. I was going to ask where but I realized it could be almost anywhere where there are both beaches and neighboring bases so that's a long list

Guest2553 posted:

On one hand I want to say this reminds me of Tyndall, on the otherhand there are a lot of idiot chuds out there.

It's like the entire part of the panhandle from Pensacola to Panama city lol

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Seems like the thread for it

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3924308

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
it even has the interior nice

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Milo and POTUS posted:

They've got their personal priorities in order and don't remotely hide their preferences. I was going to ask where but I realized it could be almost anywhere where there are both beaches and neighboring bases so that's a long list

It's like the entire part of the panhandle from Pensacola to Panama city lol

Other coast in one of those places full of humans who keep on proving they're trash

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

PathAsc posted:

What vessel, or is this trap sprung because I'm the double idiot for thinking this is a real thing?

Betting it's the latter

No sorry, I was trying to make a gallows joke about you seeing the "in distress" claim as political commentary but it was actually some people literally in distress. It made sense in my head, but I dont think I painted a clear picture.

Wasn't trying to make you an idiot or anything, just didn't craft the joke well.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

piL posted:

No sorry, I was trying to make a gallows joke about you seeing the "in distress" claim as political commentary but it was actually some people literally in distress. It made sense in my head, but I dont think I painted a clear picture.

Wasn't trying to make you an idiot or anything, just didn't craft the joke well.

Nah, it makes sense now!

No worries, I'm still an idiot, reading am are no bigly good.

This is beautiful

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Found some high grade idiocy today.

https://twitter.com/Xaniken/status/1327077285564919809

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

aphid_licker posted:

If it’s anything like USB drives, just drop it on the ground and some idiot will pick it up and do the needful.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Platystemon posted:

If it’s anything like USB drives, just drop it on the ground and some idiot will pick it up and do the needful.

"Jan_2021_redundancies.pdf.exe"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Platystemon posted:

Doesn’t even need to be found on the ground, at least for the secret service!

https://www.businessinsider.com/secret-service-agent-inserted-malware-infected-usb-drive-into-laptop-2019-4

April of last year, or 2 centuries ago in 2020 helltime.