Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Gaius Marius posted:

She cannot. The whole point of Homelander is he's stronger than everyone else.

Every time a new person or power is introduced there's someone speculating how they could actually take down Homelander. It's really a wonder he's lasted this long, being so vulnerable to everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Season finale was pretty good. Decent hooks.

I'm guessing they're going to go with co-opted liberal activism for the next season with the AOC analogue exploding heads to protect Vought while openly railing against them.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
You know, I just realized that the scene where Neumann is holding a rally after Homelander's war crime is a LOT different now that we know about her powers. When Homelander flies in and lands and there's that ominous whoosh/thud and she looks terrified of him when he asks for the mic it's pretty interesting to know that she may have been able to murder him right then and there. Again, we have no way of knowing whether or not she could have done that but at the very least we know she wasn't completely defenseless if it escalated.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
This is super nerdy but the nosebleed indicates that it’s some kind of pressurization taking place inside the skull as opposed to an exterior force exerting pressure over the skull, so I feel like she could get Homelander if she keep a bead on him. I don’t think she could nuke him in flight .

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

AlternateNu posted:

the AOC analogue exploding heads to protect Vought while openly railing against them.

Are you sure you watched the finale because this was what happened already?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

In the comic Homelander was indestructible apart from the thing they took out of the show if I remember right.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
I think the Homelander in the comics is a lot less indestructible than he thinks. When Queen Maeve hits him in the face with her sword, he doesn't react to it but he has a clear gash running down his face although it's not there in the next scene.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

You know, I just realized that the scene where Neumann is holding a rally after Homelander's war crime is a LOT different now that we know about her powers. When Homelander flies in and lands and there's that ominous whoosh/thud and she looks terrified of him when he asks for the mic it's pretty interesting to know that she may have been able to murder him right then and there. Again, we have no way of knowing whether or not she could have done that but at the very least we know she wasn't completely defenseless if it escalated.

Every single person that has any meaningful interaction, including the super powered ones, are universally terrified of him. I don't think having powers makes him any less terrifying when he's got his eyes on you.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Motherfucker posted:

Wait, stormfront is a nazi?? Stormfront? Lovable ol' stormfront?

I don't know man, it looks like they're setting her up for a redemption arc.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Every single person that has any meaningful interaction, including the super powered ones, are universally terrified of him. I don't think having powers makes him any less terrifying when he's got his eyes on you.

Yah, the only person that was NOT absolutely loving terrified of him was Stormfront, because she was in love with him.

Edit: missed a bit 'not' there.

Cpt_Obvious fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Nov 11, 2020

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The only person not terrified of him was Butcher.

Edit:
Point is even super heroes are afraid of him, so powers or not that could have been an actual reaction from Vic.

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 11, 2020

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Bedshaped posted:

I think the Homelander in the comics is a lot less indestructible than he thinks. When Queen Maeve hits him in the face with her sword, he doesn't react to it but he has a clear gash running down his face although it's not there in the next scene.

Compound V seems to have some level of regeneration in the superpower package; Hughie gets a giant metal spike through his leg while trying to stop Butcher, and in the final comic he's walking just fine.

It's only implied in the comics, but in the show it's very clear that Homelander has an enormous amount of respect for people who aren't scared of him, which is why Stan can get away with saying "you're not our main product" to him. Also why he felt like revealing to Butcher that his wife is still alive. Also why Stillwell dies the moment he realizes she's scared of him.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I think its a little misguided to be like 'who could win homelander, who has the most power level!!' there's no putting him, or indeed the capes at large back in the bottle. They're man made. Butcher's whole character is using peoples rightful distaste for the corrupted institution of heros writ large to help him with his personal vendetta against homelander specifically so hes not actually misguided, but is deliberately misguiding everyone around him because, if homelander wasn't around. it would be, not necessary, but he would be invented... or replaced, in the event of his death. There's no good way around homelander. The only solutions involve controlling the very human core of the man himself.

Thus in this video essay I will show how it was in fact doppleganger and mesmer who had the best chance of defeating homelander and thats why they had to be written out of the story, remember to like and subscr-

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Bedshaped posted:

Recall also that the exact-genetic-duplicate-but-better version of Homelander had a perfectly soft brain that a normal-tier supe was able to scoop up a handful of just fine.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Sitcom featuring Butcher and Homelander raising Ryan. Catchy theme song. Give me $100 million

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

My guess, Cindy comes back and crushes homelander into a little ball. It's very amusing and he eventually gets so upset about everyone laughing at him that he kills himself.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Sarcastro posted:

Recall also that the exact-genetic-duplicate-but-better version of Homelander had a perfectly soft brain that a normal-tier supe was able to scoop up a handful of just fine.

Butcher also instructs the military to aim for eyes, mouths, and open wounds. The show continues this with how they kill Translucent. Invulnerable superheroes seem to all have an invulnerable shell but soft innards.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Stormfront seemed pretty resilient if not invulnerable but got stabbed thru the eye just fine by a regular human.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

In the comic Stormfront is beat the death by the V-enhanced Boys and Love Sausage.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Groovelord Neato posted:

In the comic Stormfront is beat the death by the V-enhanced Boys and Love Sausage.

Does Love Sausage use... well... ?

E: booo!!!

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Nov 12, 2020

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

As Nero Danced posted:

Does Love Sausage use... well... ?

In the comic he does have an enormous dick but it isn't anywhere near as long nor it is prehensile and isn't used as a weapon like in the show (he actually has to stop a chase through a strip club because it slows him down).

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

The consistent thing in the show and comics is that power levels don't really work like they do in most comics where everything is a drawn out pro wrestling fight with a back and forth. It's more like one good/lucky shot may or may not obliterate its target.

In general the point is that most of the time superpowers aren't actually that useful. Most of their powers are just fancy weapons of war turned lose in a city.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Homelander was super thirsty after giving that speech, I still say his weakness is dehydration. I would simply fire an antimateriel rifle with a desiccant-based projectile at his mouth.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

a bottle of human brest milk laced with slmething deathly. super skin does not mean super kidneys

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Homelander? Dept of Homeland Security much? Y’all suppose there’s a connection?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Alec Eiffel posted:

Now hold up a minute here...

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Pretty sure the Department of Homelander Security are the eye lasers

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Alec Eiffel posted:

I'm doing the math on a not exactly subtle political commentary superhero comic done in the early/mid aughties and i think this checks out.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/DarickR/status/1327866350501470211?s=20

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm sure they wanted to use Stormfront but that was too on the nose.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

They know hes a bad guy but its the authoritarian thing where bad guys are actually cool which you have to believe on some level to support trump. Only libs care about casting themselves as the rebel alliance or Gryffendor or similar.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Do you think the Homelander costume came with the dong stuffing?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Alec Eiffel posted:

Do you think the Homelander costume came with the dong stuffing?

*Love sausage sold separately

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
today i learned that Antony Starr was in Xena way back when he was a baby boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWt5ViA_ORE

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

uber_stoat posted:

today i learned that Antony Starr was in Xena way back when he was a baby boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWt5ViA_ORE
In case you missed it earlier, so was Karl Urban! Weird: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-aFuiQKwe4&t=12s

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Martman posted:

In case you missed it earlier, so was Karl Urban! Weird: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-aFuiQKwe4&t=12s

He was also Caesar on Xena

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
If you were a New Zealand resident who took at least a junior high drama class anytime from 1988 to 2008 you had some lines in Xena/Hercules, a Tolkien movie, or both.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Antony Starr is in Aunty Donna's Big ole House of Fun on Netflix. They're basically an Australian flight of the concords but much more absurd and their show has some pretty surprisingly notable people in it.

I believe it's episode two with Starr. His skit is excellent and a lovely contrast to Homelander.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
The More You Know

https://twitter.com/antonystarr/status/1328850301386780672?s=20

(i don't know what this means)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'd say it's an amazing answer to a question.

As far as I know, complete bullshit but it SOUNDS so goddamn technical it's amazing. Peak "If you can't dazzle em with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit".