Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Like the old joke: what do they call the person who graduates at the bottom of the class in medical school? Doctor!

Better they be handing out weed than badly treating diabetes or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Here in Ohio they're actual MDs with a CTR (certificate to recommend) and that seems to be their whole practice. What percentage of "normal" doctors have a CTR I have no earthly idea.

It costs around $200 to get approved for a card. I don't know how that breaks down percentage wise for the doctors, but it's probably pretty good money for a 5-minute video chat.

My recommending physician was a young guy in a t-shirt talking to me from an unfinished basement and he had that stoner voice but was 100% professional.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

I've heard a few stories that some doctors also use the weed consult as a chance to have a regular check-up visit with people who otherwise never see a doctor, spend most of the visit talking about regular well visit stuff like habits, hypertension, etc, and finish up with a weed card.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

alnilam posted:

I've heard a few stories that some doctors also use the weed consult as a chance to have a regular check-up visit with people who otherwise never see a doctor, spend most of the visit talking about regular well visit stuff like habits, hypertension, etc, and finish up with a weed card.

That was my experience in Mass, even though I am very doctored up and brought medical records and all.

The docs I have seen are very weed dad types.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Human Tornada posted:

Here in Ohio they're actual MDs with a CTR (certificate to recommend) and that seems to be their whole practice. What percentage of "normal" doctors have a CTR I have no earthly idea.

It costs around $200 to get approved for a card. I don't know how that breaks down percentage wise for the doctors, but it's probably pretty good money for a 5-minute video chat.

My recommending physician was a young guy in a t-shirt talking to me from an unfinished basement and he had that stoner voice but was 100% professional.

Isn’t OH pretty restrictive on the qualifying conditions though? Beyond maybe PTSD everything else looks pretty much like you’d have to support it with records. Doesn’t appear like you could get a card by complaining about anxiety, for example.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
On paper, this is correct. In actuality, "chronic pain" does a lot of heavy lifting. In a car accident 3 years ago and you had to get your wrist checked out? Why yes it does still hurt occasionally.

Some clinics even advertise that medical records are not required and/or there is no charge unless you get approved. If you can pretend to not be a moron for 10 minutes, it's easy.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

I have a ten minute clip that I'm trying to edit in Davinci Resolve 16. What is the best way to break up that single clip into multiple ones to splice together? Do I need to duplicate the clip over and over and over again in the media library, trimming different clips? I'm trying to find a tutorial, but all I can find is basic tutorials.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Re: medical marijuana -- if you live in a decent size city, pick up a copy of that free newspaper they have, the one that always talks about local concerts and such. The last 4 pages will be nothing but ads for doctors who will get you a medical marijuana card.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

The terminology for breaking up a clip is to split it.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
How can I format an encrypted USB to use for whatever the gently caress? I want no more password protection or software on it.

It's a Kingston DataTraveler® Locker+ G3. I swear this thing forgets every exact password I've given it.

I'm running W10, disk management doesn't work. cmd/powershell running as admin doesn't work. The drive never shows up.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

ProperCoochie posted:

How can I format an encrypted USB to use for whatever the gently caress? I want no more password protection or software on it.

It's a Kingston DataTraveler® Locker+ G3. I swear this thing forgets every exact password I've given it.

I'm running W10, disk management doesn't work. cmd/powershell running as admin doesn't work. The drive never shows up.

Try diskpart, or Rufus

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

ProperCoochie posted:

Gparted... You do run Linux right?

owlhawk911
Nov 8, 2019

come chill with me, in byob

alnilam posted:

Gparted... You do run Linux right?

even if u aren't cool enough to daily drive linux it is outright foolish not to have a live usb install around for fixin poo poo

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

ProperCoochie posted:

Cmd, diskpart, select disk, clean

Then initialize and reformat the device in disk management or file explorer.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

owlhawk911 posted:

even if u aren't cool enough to daily drive linux it is outright foolish not to have a live usb install around for fixin poo poo

:agreed: with how cheap/free you can get a 1GB drive and how much stuff you can fix with it not to mention :evilbuddy: stuff

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020
what's the closest existing restaurant to Quiznos?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Togos?

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

NotNut posted:

subway or firehouse subs.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Ehhh subway or mr subb. Firehouse is definately better quality than any quiznos iver been to bye a wide margin

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK4tPsEHaho

From a music theory perspective, what determines the mood of a given note, melody or song.

What is actually different about the modified versions of these songs that gives them the sinister feel

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Methanar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK4tPsEHaho

From a music theory perspective, what determines the mood of a given note, melody or song.

What is actually different about the modified versions of these songs that gives them the sinister feel

If you change the key a song is played in, it can massively change the tone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVehv_LDWaE

Smells Like Teen Spirit in a major key sounds like it belongs at the end of an 80s college sports movie after the plucky underdogs beat those snootie toffs from Alpha Beta Corgi

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

yea, keys are what you are looking for. and even within them, you have modes. each key has 7 modes that change the...'orientation'/'feel' of those keys. there's a lot going on in music theory.

like you can play a song in A major, A minor, Am7, Adim, Amaj7, etc. they all change the notes used and create extremely different songs.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 11, 2020

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Is the different "feelings" or whatever associated with different keys a learned thing or instinctual? I realize that may not be known.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Trapick posted:

Is the different "feelings" or whatever associated with different keys a learned thing or instinctual? I realize that may not be known.

It is not either. It's a result of physics. Soundwaves a certain distance apart will harmonize, while those an incorrect distance apart will conflict with each other and create dissonance.

It's the manipulation of these that we use to create music, but highly dissonant sounds will naturally be more off putting than harmonic sounds.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

NotNut posted:

Quiznos. They still exist.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Beachcomber posted:

Quiznos. They still exist.

Maybe OP wants a subway sandwich that's like Quiznos but doesn't support what is essentially an organised crime racket exploiting its franchisees.

owlhawk911
Nov 8, 2019

Memento posted:

Maybe OP wants a subway sandwich that's like Quiznos but doesn't support what is essentially an organised crime racket exploiting its franchisees.

i guess godfather's pizza pulling this move would've been a little too on the nose

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Mr. Nice! posted:

It is not either. It's a result of physics. Soundwaves a certain distance apart will harmonize, while those an incorrect distance apart will conflict with each other and create dissonance.

It's the manipulation of these that we use to create music, but highly dissonant sounds will naturally be more off putting than harmonic sounds.

It's https://www.howmusicreallyworks.com/Pages_Chapter_4/4_4.html, isn't it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interval_(music)#Main_intervals

How many semitones there are between one note and another gives the feeling those notes make played next to/at the same time as each other. As far as I understand.

Hyperlynx fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Nov 11, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
How do people find new music? I've tried spotify radio and pandora, but I don't really get a lot of new things, I find maybe one or two songs I like each week.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

The recommendation thread in NMD is really nice imo

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Boba Pearl posted:

How do people find new music? I've tried spotify radio and pandora, but I don't really get a lot of new things, I find maybe one or two songs I like each week.

I shazam a lot of music in movies or videogames i like. There was also the satellite radio or whatever website that would have you put in a bandname and then would draw connections to them based on similarity with different size circles or lines

owlhawk911
Nov 8, 2019

can't beat recommendations from friends, and honestly finding a couple songs you like every week doesn't sound bad at all! torrent sites used to be a great scene for that stuff, feels like youtube has kinda replaced that though and you interact with their algorithm more than you do a community

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Is there an easy way to export a YouTube playlist (to something like a csv file)? What I want is the name, channel, and URL of each video on a particular playlist, in order. I found one site that can get the titles, but it doesn't get the channel names or (more importantly) the URLs.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Boba Pearl posted:

I found some really good stuff in NMD threads about genres I like. I also use the Go to song radio feature in Spotify and usually get at least a couple new ideas there. I'll then go to some of the artists' Spotify pages and check what fans also like and check out the first few songs on that page. I've had a lot of good finds in the past month or two but maybe it's because I hadn't been paying attention to that genre too much and so I'm just getting caught up with everyone else.

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

Blood Nightmaster posted:

I just saw Peter Dinklage in the meme thread and was reminded of a movie I tried watching that he was in a while back

It took place in Germany essentially present day, and the film was completely in German until his character showed up. When he'd have a conversation with somebody else, he'd talk exclusively in English and they'd respond in German. I kinda figured at some point they'd mix the two languages, or one would switch over, or that it would otherwise be acknowledged in some way, but it never happened.

As somebody who's American and never had the privilege to travel outside the US, is that actually representative of real bilingual exchanges for modern day Germany or was that just a weird directorial choice? I wasn't really sure where to ask beyond kramering into an actual German thread :sweatdrop:

I'm not German (I'm Dutch), but I've done this when talking to Germans about very specific technical subjects that I don't have enough German vocabulary in.

I speak more than enough of German to go on vacation there, but not for discussions on financial compliance matters. And I know the Germans know the English words when they hear them, just like I can recognize the things they talk about. To have each end then just speak the language they're most comfortable with is a good solution if no one minds the weirdness.

EricBauman fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Nov 11, 2020

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Hey, can anyone tell me why this might have happened?

So, this is my desktop. I know, it's a ton of dumb icons, I never clean it up, a lot of these are for games that aren't even installed anymore.

Something very weird happened, though. I originally had all my games in the lower-right corner. They formed a sort of cross -- for no reason, I think I just moved them over there in a pattern as an idle bored subconscious effort. The upper right was where I put icons that pertained to folders, launchers, things. The left side was all the other icons.

I was dragging an icon from one side of the screen to the other, and then suddenly everything changed. ALL my icons switched. But... it's not like they organized themselves. It's not like they all went to the left side and arranged in an alphabetical order. Most of the icons did migrate to the left, but then other icons seem to have just been randomly scattered around my desktop.

Before: Most icons on left, and a small cloud of icons on the lower and upper right.
After: Almost all icons on the left, and some icons randomly dispersed.

What the hell happened here?

owlhawk911
Nov 8, 2019

did you resize em a notch by accident?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
windows 10 does dumb things with icons and I can't find a good reason for why it happens sometimes, myself. Satya doesn't care about QA, so weird poo poo like that is just life now.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Here’s some more “sexy bug lady “ inspo:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oQzxO8x9R-U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

This is definitely a stupid question: of we imagine that every human on earth disappeared overnight, what would happen to the economy? I know that the question would be meaningless mostly, but in terms of "number go up", what would actually happen? Presumably, a lot of purchases are automated, so a lot of stuff would just continue, including interest on debt. On the other hand no one would consume anything, and no innovation would happen. I guess my question is how much of the economy would just continue through inertia, and how much would be actually stopped by people not doing work.