Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold
Hmm anybody notice funny stuff using the Y button? I noticed that depressing it doesn't necessarily trigger it. Went into controller testing menu and turns out it still happens, only with Y. That is, you can depress it down past the "click in" feeling, and it doesn't trigger unless you push even harder down. Happens pretty often when pushing down on the bottom half of the button in my normal way, which is the spot where my thumb usually is for hitting Y. Really threw me off as this was never an issue with older controllers, noticed when hitting Y didn't trigger the weapon switch sometimes in Destiny.

Arkage fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Nov 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Setup this thing, launched skate 3. It downloaded all my old x360 saves and i started off where i was when i turned it off and got rid of my 360 years ago. amazing

Wizard Whateley
Apr 12, 2002

I am a bootlicking scab who loves seeing people be paid less than living wages. If the workers don't like it they should just kill themselves. Let me know who is organizing so I can report them to management. I pine for the days of the Pinkertons.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I think every Xbox owner is downloading Forza tonight as it is literally not moving for me now (and MS had the cheek to blame my internet connection for it).

Same. Forza Horizon 4 took like 6 hours and downloading Forza 7 now, and it's just not moving discernibly at all.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Arkage posted:

Hmm anybody notice funny stuff using the Y button? I noticed that depressing it doesn't necessarily trigger it. Went into controller testing menu and turns out it still happens, only with Y. That is, you can depress it down past the "click in" feeling, and it doesn't trigger unless you push even harder down. Happens pretty often when pushing down on the bottom half of the button in my normal way, which is the spot where my thumb usually is for hitting Y. Really threw me off as this was never an issue with older controllers, noticed when hitting Y didn't trigger the weapon switch sometimes in Destiny.

This doesn't sound good, you probably want to contact them for a repair.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Arkage posted:

Actually I did notice that too. In Rocket League I regularly use Y to change from ball cam to regular cam but yeah for some reason it's not registering the same as it would on the old controller.

It's a little odd when it happens.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
The servers have been getting buttfucked but I was able to get Valhalla in ~20 minutes, and the additional content took about, 5 seconds. Hard wired connection tho

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

xbox 1 pads had something similar that could go wrong with Y. like it would get stuck under the rim of the button's well because people would mash it so hard to get it to register.
unrelated, checking metacritic...Falconeer reviews are about what i thought they'd be from my time with the beta.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
goddamn, are server speeds incredibly inconsistent for everyone or do I need to redo my modem setting for the Series X? I'll get occasionally bursts up to 6 or 700Mbps, esp after a full restart, but then it dwindles on down to sub-100

like, for real though, do I need to set up new modem rules because I totally forgot how

sub-1Mbps, holy hell

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Holy poo poo, even without the actual upgrade patch, Destiny 2 is loving nuts on the Series X. Like....it's night and day with regard to loads and menu performance.

I loving love this console, this is such a better value proposition than the launch Xbone was.

edit: Also, it kinda sucks that so many games aren't working with quick resume yet. But when it works, it's super cool AC Valhalla just pops right back up, like less than 10 seconds or so.

VanillaGorilla fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Nov 11, 2020

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

New choose-your-own-adventure promo site for the X, meaning that Microsoft technically shipped a brand new launch game since you can play it in the browser app.

https://aka.ms/dreamscape

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey my TV does support 4K 120hz, just had to switch the input to the 4K input. Boy I feel silly not noticing that. Guess I’ll make sure my PS4 pro is in the right slot vs the switch. lol

Oh well...a very pleasant surprise.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh yeah this thing makes no noise, as opposed to the PS4 pro, which sounds like a bunch of B-52s taking off.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Console speed has been great so far. My one complaint is that the controller feels cheaper/more plasticy then the one x controllers.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

VanillaGorilla posted:

Holy poo poo, even without the actual upgrade patch, Destiny 2 is loving nuts on the Series X.

Yeah that menu lag was bad on my one x. Crazy how easy it is to access now.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Finally got my console pretty late in the day. It took a bit of back and forth but I found transferring my games over wifi from a xb1x to SX was at about 150MB/s. I got them both wired on a lovely hub and it's about 600MB/s consistent for anyone wondering. I'm sure that could be better if I had a router.

I finally got WD:Legion installed, fired that bitch up and 35GB update oh right. So wait does this mean there are new textures for this game? I thought it was already at 4k...

WRT optical sound I just moved the cable plugged into my xbox to my TV, then enabled output on the TV and everything is working great. Still haven't tested it with different sources but so far it seems to be working. I was super bummed I was going to have to finally get a new a/v unit, but alas I can delay some more :smug:

Really like the animated background, and the new controller has lots of nice touches that just feel slightly better.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

American McGay, did you get any e-mails yet about your card being charged, or your Xbox shipping yet?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Finally got my Series X. UPS arrived at 8:30pm. Lol. Look forward to playing it sometime next year.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

This giant black obelisk is snappy as gently caress.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its honestly not even that big, thats the craziest part

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I don’t know if that WD:Legion update enabled ray tracing but it definitely looks better. Runs at a solid 30 with no massive tearing. Still no perf mode but I can see why they’d want to showcase the lighting.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Mine arrived to my wife immediately asking, "what the gently caress is that?" followed by a lot of "Why did you buy that? Why do you need it? Send it back."
I thought she wouldn't care because she hates games aside from playing Uno on the xbox in the living room or the occasional Mario Party or Mario Kart back in the day.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Barudak posted:

Its honestly not even that big, thats the craziest part

Eh, it's too big to fit in my entertainment center, but its not a big deal to put it behind the tv.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Microsoft was happy to charge my card for the Xbox, but the order still shows as pending. Glad to see they don't honor their own policies (they dont charge until your order ships). :homebrew:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s still just a hold on my card. If it cleared for you it must be shipping soonish.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

It’s still just a hold on my card. If it cleared for you it must be shipping soonish.

Okay hopefully that is the case! Since tomorrow is a holiday, I may not see any progress until Thursday. Will remain hopeful.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

otter posted:

Mine arrived to my wife immediately asking, "what the gently caress is that?" followed by a lot of "Why did you buy that? Why do you need it? Send it back."
I thought she wouldn't care because she hates games aside from playing Uno on the xbox in the living room or the occasional Mario Party or Mario Kart back in the day.

so would the PS5 have been an easier or harder sell? :D

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Tetris Effect is so pretty and eye bleeding, and my brain isn’t sure whether to be constantly on edge or completely relaxed.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Nuts and Gum posted:

so would the PS5 have been an easier or harder sell? :D

Could just tipped the PS5 over and trapped his wife underneath.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Are there any Series X enchantments to the Master Chief Collection?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

Are there any Series X enchantments to the Master Chief Collection?

Native 4K, and 120fps

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

EL BROMANCE posted:

Tetris Effect is so pretty and eye bleeding, and my brain isn’t sure whether to be constantly on edge or completely relaxed.

You eventually get to the point where you’re kinda in the middle of them. The game does a really good job of funneling you to a flow state if you let it.

God drat quick resume didn’t seem like it was going to be that big of a deal, but there I was bouncing in and out of Tetris Effect like a mad man.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

This thing is loving heavy. What Gamepass games are most impressive on the series x? I got Gears 5, No Man’s Sky and Tetris already.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

SeANMcBAY posted:

This thing is loving heavy. What Gamepass games are most impressive on the series x? I got Gears 5, No Man’s Sky and Tetris already.

Forza Horizon 4! There's some ea game pass stuff available now I think, I bet Madden looks good these days

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Setting up the console with my phone was cool. Tons of updates to download for my games, so that is taking awhile.

But so far so good. Neat console. Quiet. UI is zippy. It isn't as big as I thought it would be, but it is pretty weighty.

I know this is probably a thing most don't care about, but first game I tried was Fortnite. It is gorgeous and fast.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Forza Horizon 4. Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
FH4 is a must play on the SX now with 4K60

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

This black henge owns for real.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Thanks. Hopefully it’ll be done before the end of the week.:v:

I do like this console so far. The fact that it can play almost any Xbox game ever loving owns. I want to try KOTOR 1/2 and Outrun 2 on it.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 11, 2020

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Paid $500 for a brand new console to play a 10 year old game about a paramilitary arm of a fascist police state crushing anarchistic gangs in 4k60.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I know y'all got a lot on your plate but with EA Play out right now you might wanna check out BLACK which is a great single player FPS from the era, made by the old Burnout devs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Sucks, when you force HDMI so you can get 1440p/120hz on tv's who dont have it in EDID (sony x900e) you cant enable hdr :(