Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/TheCiaranJames/status/1324828521181622277?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
People wept for Iron Man

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Maxwell Lord posted:

People wept for Iron Man

He wasn't an alcoholic in the movies. But he's still wrong, yeah. People love Gibson in the first Lethal Weapon, for instance. What I'm saying is do that scene of him watching Looney Tunes from the movie with Hangman, and instead of a dead wife it's a picture of him and Kenny.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i seem to remember rhino in TNA as an alcoholic babyface being pretty over.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There has never been a popular wrestler that drinks booze before

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

People have never wanted to cheer on someone overcoming their personal demons, it’s just never happened before.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Rarity posted:

There has never been a popular wrestler that drinks booze before

He actually said, "Austin was a beer drinker, not an alcoholic" in reply to someone bringing him up.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yes, someone who drinks an entire 6 pack in 5 minutes night after night is a completely healthy social drinker. Basically they're arguing 'an addict can't be a babyface if you point out that their addiction might be damaging'

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So because Austin's character glorified excessive drinking and Hangman's character treats it as a flaw, Austin's character is okay and Hangman's isn't, do I got that straight?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Not to mention The Sandman.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

People were so willing to root for an addict they decided that Walter White was the good guy.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Austin is an alcoholic who denies it, treats it as normal, everyone thinks is a cool guy, and meanwhile he's a violent psycho who beats his wife.

Page is an alcoholic who gets sad and self destructive as he pushes everyone away because he won't listen to them that he has a problem.

Its actually kind of perfect that the former would be considered one of the greatest fan favorites of all time and the latter too complicated for some wrestling fans to process.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1325023320622977029?s=20

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh no I got to see dozens of hours of incredible wrestling.... for nothing! :gonk:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Allan is the disingenuous little goblin who starts the NJPW women's division argument every year

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Allan is the disingenuous little goblin who starts the NJPW women's division argument every year

Don't forget "Big Daddy for WON HOF".

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

So what was the outcome of the G1?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

So what was the outcome of the G1?

Ibushi won and then lost the right to the title shot to Jay White this morning at Power Struggle.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Nov 7, 2020

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Edit: nevermind

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

Ibushi won and then lost the right to the title shot to Jay White this morning at Power Struggle.

Which is clearly leading to some kind of storyline for the Dome, either White defending the case in a rematch on night 1, or Naito saying the case only guarantees a shot at the world title, and he'll defend the IC against Ibushi on night 2.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Goddamnit I guess I should just stay off the forums entirely until I'm done watching.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Goddamnit I guess I should just stay off the forums entirely until I'm done watching.
:same: :sigh:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

What a cruddy thing to spoil in an unrelated thread

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

How dare someone provide context to someone explicitly asking for context.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
It's super easy to put stuff in spoiler tags

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

njsykora posted:

How dare someone provide context to someone explicitly asking for context.

If only there was some way to do that without spoiling it for everyone else.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I am humbly requesting that someone tell me the results to Full Gear right after they happen in this thread

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MotU posted:

What a cruddy thing to spoil in an unrelated thread

Very true, I've put the tags on the discussion but it sucks for people that were interested in the match. Especially for a show where the majority of the userbase would be asleep for its original run and it was running opposite a far superior wrestling show.

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Nov 8, 2020

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/JustinLaBar/status/1325295640268730368

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

That Eddie Kingston is an AJPW tape trading nerd at heart is one of the most endearing things about him.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
"WWE analyst"

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

https://twitter.com/JustinLaBar/status/1108821165626273793

thats his pinned tweet atm

maybe hes going for the please hire me wwe boot licking

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Hey y'all it's the 23rd anniversary of Montreal so here's yet another stupid-rear end take blaming Bret I'm sure we haven't already seen a million times before!

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1326320349441617920

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Is Bret asking for sympathy about it? I've always got the feeling he's put it behind him.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

no it's just yet another in a series of extremely lovely hate click articles around him.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Bret screwed Bret and that's all there is to it.

Is Montreal the first example of WWE being a loving awful cult trying to make one of their ex members look bad?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Bret screwed Bret and that's all there is to it.

Is Montreal the first example of WWE being a loving awful cult trying to make one of their ex members look bad?

I'm sure it goes back even farther but the Billionaire Ted skits with the Nacho Man would probably qualify.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

My first thought was fake Razor and Diesel.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

njsykora posted:

My first thought was fake Razor and Diesel.

Nah, Fake Razor and Fake Diesel were an early play at Vince's "Brand first, wrestlers somewhere around never" policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Benne posted:

Hey y'all it's the 23rd anniversary of Montreal so here's yet another stupid-rear end take blaming Bret I'm sure we haven't already seen a million times before!

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1326320349441617920

Even forgetting the subject matter, this is one of the worst written "professional" articles I've ever read. Holy poo poo.