Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

I finally got my cat! After 3 months she's finished her cat education.

She's precious, cuddly and incredibly playful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Another release. I need to get a better way to store my collection of tapes and vinyl.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

1redflag posted:

Lmao, is that a pillow and blanket set?

It is!

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

Spy_Guy posted:

That's a beautiful cat!

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Spy_Guy posted:

Cat education sounds fun.

Fine looking feline

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
I bought a shirt for a congresswoman from a state I don't live in

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Holy gently caress I need that too

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
https://twitter.com/ilhanmn/status/1308185260321013762

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Coffee And Pie posted:

Targeted Instagram ads work I guess

Did you pick that up from Creepy Co.? How is the blanket? I've been tempted to order one or two for Christmas gifts, but I'd be bummed if it just looked cool but wasn't cozy.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Eldritch BiLast posted:

Another release. I need to get a better way to store my collection of tapes and vinyl.

If you don't have these, what are you even doing with you're live?

e: hard-core mode: buy a bunch of old cars that have those neat pop-up button-release cassette holders in the console, and store your cassettes in them.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Cat education sounds fun.

Mine majored in biscuit making, minored in 2-5am nightmare howling.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Several things recently:

New lower control arms for the Del Sol in order to be able to use the Integra Type R Tanabe coilover suspension I got a while ago.

New tractor and tractor hole.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Same, except different congresswoman.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Some indulgences from ebay:

The first issue I ever owned of Fangoria

Another digicam, a Canon Powershot S50

And another copy of Resident Evil 4, I think this is the only console I’ve never played it on

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Bought a new car. Well new and new, Mazda 6 from 2005, but in good shape and low mileage, as long as we get a few years out of it. I a nice, boring A-B car for the family.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

i googled this and a bunch of different sites seem to be selling it. is there a "legit" way to get it?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Several things recently:

New lower control arms for the Del Sol in order to be able to use the Integra Type R Tanabe coilover suspension I got a while ago.

New tractor and tractor hole.

Extremely triggered that you didn’t take the leaves there before putting that up.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

ArmZ posted:

i googled this and a bunch of different sites seem to be selling it. is there a "legit" way to get it?

I got it from her campaign store, but it doesn't seem to be there anymore :(

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019
Got tired of borrowing old chainsaws, so I got my own, plus the all-important chaps.

Actually it may not end up being my favorite recent purchase, because although it's super operator friendly it doesn't seem to have the power I was hoping for. I have yet to put high octane gas in it, though, which I am sure it was designed to use, so I'll reserve final judgement until then.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

RCarr posted:

Extremely triggered that you didn’t take the leaves there before putting that up.

I have a leaf blower. It got used.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I bought stuff from Poland again.

This time it was some cool leggings that came with a little art card. The box got kind of mushed in transit, but whatever.

I also bought some crochet hooks, but that's not exciting.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Those are pretty cool pants/hooks, tbh

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I bought a piece of a roller coaster that was an important part of my childhood. I bought it as soon as it appeared on the store and when I went back to the page it had sold out. I have no idea how I pulled that off

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's really neat. I didn't know theme parks did stuff like that.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Was that a standup coaster? We had a Vortex that looked like that at Carowinds. It was a homicide simulator.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's really neat. I didn't know theme parks did stuff like that.

I can't say for sure, but if the ride is significant enough I can see someone else doing it. For example, I'm pretty sure they didn't when Firehawk got demolished two years ago. But Vortex is a super important part of Kings Island's history and had a huge fanbase. Even if by this time it was only for it's immense photogenic property than it's ride

Bottom Liner posted:

Was that a standup coaster? We had a Vortex that looked like that at Carowinds. It was a homicide simulator.

No, ours is was a sit-down looper, akin to you guys' Carolina Cyclone. Your Vortex is... a bit more rough yes :gonk:

Endymion FRS MK1 has a new favorite as of 04:04 on Nov 11, 2020

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I bought a piece of a roller coaster that was an important part of my childhood. I bought it as soon as it appeared on the store and when I went back to the page it had sold out. I have no idea how I pulled that off

That is super dope. Some of my happiest middle school memories are riding the vortex and trying to meet girls.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Taking advantage of the Ali sales

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Reminds me of my dad getting a seat (the butt part) from the Orange Bowl where University of Miami played football. Anyone else have a piece of something?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Vortex at KI was my jam, but if they ever disassemble The Beast I will cut them.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

djfooboo posted:

Vortex at KI was my jam, but if they ever disassemble The Beast I will cut them.

There will be riots if they ever do that, and they know it

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

colas posted:

Reminds me of my dad getting a seat (the butt part) from the Orange Bowl where University of Miami played football. Anyone else have a piece of something?

I have 2 seats from Veteren's Stadium (where the Eagles and Phillies played before they build their own parks). Very cool, but very uncomfortable.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

colas posted:

My brother gave me one of the spare St. Louis cardinals wall molds that they have throughout the stadium when they were making Busch Stadium III. It's like this but mine is the modern logo.

I also have a brick from the old St. Louis Arena where the Blues used to play when I was growing up.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Sequel to one of my favorite chill/work albums drops Friday on streaming and the vinyl went up for pre order today.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

That is so cool. I really want some albums (either digital, vinyl, whatever) of just ambient beats or study beats. I have YT subscriptions, and I found a good podcast with that sort of thing. But...other than that is there any way to get a hold of albums? I guess I could always just download them from YT.

colas has a new favorite as of 23:29 on Nov 11, 2020

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Here's some of my faves. I use Spotify but I'd imagine they're on all other streaming.

https://music.gamechops.com/music
https://www.youtube.com/user/gamechops

Zelda & Chill and Poke & Chill are great, as is Chilltendo and the new Avatar one "Chillbending." lol

I also am a big fan of this playlist on Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2s9R059mmdc8kz6lrUqZZd?si=ud2R5xZFQtGPkZ7zdmuyuw

This whole channel is probably what you're looking for:
https://www.youtube.com/user/Chillhopdotcom

While I can't speak to individual artists, I've purchased vinyls from Gamechop as well as Chillhop. I usually pay whenever something is made available, but a lot of them are just straight up 24/7 youtube stations that either eventually get compilations or Spotify playlists.

Here's some of the vinyls. They usually don't stay on sale for long:
https://www.amazon.com/s?i=popular&rh=p_32%3AChillhop+Music

Protip if you don't want to keep a Youtube tab open is you can play the 24/7 youtube videos through Groove Bot in Discord.

E: And yeah, Cutman is great. I've had to go into the office (which is more or less empty) a few days the past couple weeks and I bumped them in our conference room Apple TV.

Tim Whatley has a new favorite as of 01:17 on Nov 12, 2020

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Tim Whatley posted:

Here's some of my faves. I use Spotify but I'd imagine they're on all other streaming.

https://music.gamechops.com/music
https://www.youtube.com/user/gamechops

Zelda & Chill and Poke & Chill are great, as is Chilltendo and the new Avatar one "Chillbending." lol

I also am a big fan of this playlist on Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2s9R059mmdc8kz6lrUqZZd?si=ud2R5xZFQtGPkZ7zdmuyuw

This whole channel is probably what you're looking for:
https://www.youtube.com/user/Chillhopdotcom

While I can't speak to individual artists, I've purchased vinyls from Gamechop as well as Chillhop. I usually pay whenever something is made available, but a lot of them are just straight up 24/7 youtube stations that either eventually get compilations or Spotify playlists.

Here's some of the vinyls. They usually don't stay on sale for long:
https://www.amazon.com/s?i=popular&rh=p_32%3AChillhop+Music

I listen to DJ Cutman on youtube, he does this kind of stuff, lofi hip hop videogame music.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

colas posted:

I have a piece of the space shuttle Columbia (a part flown to space) and a 70K-140K year old piece of a Neanderthal hand axe, plus a bunch of other stuff in Mini Museums. (Steve Jobs turtleneck? Triceratops horn? Trinitite from the first nuke test? Lunar rock? Egyptian mummy wrapping? I got you, friend.)

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I got a bug trapped in amber from Mini Museums and had it turned into a pendant for my wife for our anniversary a year or two ago. Mini Museums has some really cool stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Got a used HyperX headphone AMP.

I mean... I guess it sounds better? I have a Sony MDR-V6 for headphones so it probably needs a boost, especially since I have a 3.5 extension from my computer anyway, for speakers, my guitar amp, or these headphones.

The media controls are neat, but I have media keys mapped to my mouse and a whole row on my keyboard, so I'm kinda good on that. The virtual 7.1 sounds good.

Idk, it kind of seems like bullshit? I tried explaining to my GF what it is, she was confused, and I can't say I really blame her. Still not sure what the value add is over just plugging into the Realtek sound card on the motherboard. Though I got it used for 15 bucks, so even if it's snake oily, I'd say that's worth a 7.1 mode, some buttons, and have two different outputs.