Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I feel like the biggest factor on if you'll like akuma no riddle or not is how it was sold to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Acerbatus posted:

I feel like the biggest factor on if you'll like akuma no riddle or not is how it was sold to you.

Which way do you mean? I watched it when it aired expecting it to play its setting/attitude straight. It might loose some impact if you go in expecting it to get Extremely Dumb.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I should get around to watching the last of the psycho pass 3 first inspector eps. I kind of wish the series would commit stronger to the idea from the first season that the sybil system is really bad for society as a whole and should be done away with.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tbh it didn't really get sold to me as anything but action show with lesbians and i just realized like midway through watching that it isn't really interested in being altogether dark or gloomy and just wanted to introduce a bunch of weird characters for people to draw pairings of and viewing it like that it ruled

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

The Colonel posted:

tbh it didn't really get sold to me as anything but action show with lesbians and i just realized like midway through watching that it isn't really interested in being altogether dark or gloomy and just wanted to introduce a bunch of weird characters for people to draw pairings of and viewing it like that it ruled

:hai:

I should get around to getting an avatar that's not the same as HwtM's.

And maybe a new username, to be completely unrecognisable.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dzhay posted:

Which way do you mean? I watched it when it aired expecting it to play its setting/attitude straight. It might loose some impact if you go in expecting it to get Extremely Dumb.

I'm mostly thinking of the ending.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Endorph posted:

mild correction: its actually a big braveseries exhibition with merch announcements as only part of it. which increases the likelihood they are actually going somewhere with this

Please god don't be cgi

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

Please god don't be cgi
i believe int heir ability to get obari to do one scene

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
hey what was the name of that action manga that got canceled with the immortal goofball who carried around a coffin with his dead girlfriend in it

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

after-war gundam x

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

DoubleDonut posted:

hey what was the name of that action manga that got canceled with the immortal goofball who carried around a coffin with his dead girlfriend in it

Marry Grave?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Marry Grave was it. Thanks

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I have literally watched 0 shows from 2020, still catching up on older stuff. Anything specific that is stand out (and is finished) that is worth watching? I generally trust this forum on anime way more than other sites

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I have literally watched 0 shows from 2020, still catching up on older stuff. Anything specific that is stand out (and is finished) that is worth watching? I generally trust this forum on anime way more than other sites

I liked Great Pretender and Kakushigoto. Tower of God's also alright if you want some shonen.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Magia Record was a good spinoff of the original Madoka, though it takes a few eps to really hit its groove. Eizouken is fantastic though you've probably seen that mentioned a lot already. Railgun T was great but it's a season 3, so you'd definitely want to watch the original two seasons first. Princess Connect Re:Dive was basically just KonoSuba without the sex jokes, up to you if that's a plus or minus.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Keep your Hands off Eizouken was the standout for me, being a love letter to the anime making process, but from a more artistic perspective than the technical/business side that Shirobako was.

Besides that, I liked Dorohedoro, My Next Life as a Villainess, and Deca-Dence. You also had the first half of s2 of Re:Zero this year, which a lot of people liked (second half is next season though so not completed yet).

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gibiate. It has designs by Yoshitaka Amano so it's good!

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Great Pretender, Deca-Dence* and Eizouken are all really good. Agrettsuko 3 was mostly good. Ongaku is a p good movie you should keep an eye out for.

*Which reminds me that I finished Deca-Dence. Was alright! The robot segments were generally a lot more entertaining.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Kaguya season 2 also came out this year and was pretty much perfect. Id:Invaded was excellent and quite unique, I highly recommend that one. Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited was also a decent time if 'Anime Bruce Wayne fights crime with money instead of martial arts' interests you at all. Eizouken is the AOTY easily.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Nov 11, 2020

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Off the top of my head and without reading anyone else's replies - things I might but into a top 10 or whatever: Bakarina, Dorohedoro, Eizoken, ID:invaded, maybe Princess Connect, Bofuri and/or Magia Record, if you want the sort of thing they are.

Plus a lot of sequels and a couple of things from this season I'm reserving judgement on, but I assume you don't want those yet.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Plutonis posted:

Gibiate. It has designs by Yoshitaka Amano so it's good!

And the opening was pretty catchy! Good stuff!

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

If I had to pick only one thing it would be Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken, but Dorohedoro and Deca-Dence were also really cool (gore warning on Dorohedoro).

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
This might be harder for us posters since you might get different stuff to the uk but assuming I've seen nothing except Eureka 7 what on Amazon prime is worth looking into?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The Great Passage is decent? Scum's Wish is also okay.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

eat man

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
The Tatami Galaxy

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Mob Psycho 100 (both seasons)

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I hope the new brave series is all CGI

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I decided to watch grand blue despite having read a lot of the manga.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/YLaylee/status/1326376864718483461

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Aurora posted:

I hope the new brave series is all CGI

This is acceptable if it's beast wars style cgi instead of cgi that's trying to pass itself off as an anime poorly

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Orange is busy so pick your poison between Sola Digital Arts, Sanzigen, and Polygon

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Methinks the worst part would be if it looked fine, yet they screwed the pooch on the execution of the overall package so badly, it was just pretty-looking garbage.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Erg posted:

Half the videos hosted on drive for tonight aren't playing, likely due to whatever's killed youtube so I'm canceling tonight's presentation of studio nut november :(

We'll try to fit in either a makeup day or a marathon nut to make up for it later down the line

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

no nut...?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

google feared the power of studio nut november

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I started watching Fire Force and I loving love it

homeless snail