Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Context matters when it comes to sovcits, that’s fair. The way the hustle works, whether true believers or grifters, seems to cross cultural lines, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Don't get me wrong, if the guy manages to confuse the police into not murking him, good on him, but I cannot see that working out well for anyone who isn't flying nazi colors.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/cjane87/status/1326340188038176770

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Azathoth posted:

it is genuinely disconcerting to see sovcit poo poo pop up outside of white groups, since so much of it grew out of the crazy racist posse comitatus and militia groups
https://twitter.com/nwarikoo/status/1266210566932180997
https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/moorish-sovereign-citizens

Assepoester has issued a correction as of 03:52 on Nov 11, 2020

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/FFRAFAction/status/1326257414769963009

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1326345775094378496

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

i have an academic paper on sovcit poo poo actually in the pipeline, it’s getting published early next year. it’s absolutely wild. the base theory of many of the black sovcits is that the 14th amendment was never properly ratified, so black people aren’t actually us citizens. but they’re not slaves. so they fall into a weird blind spot where the constitution doesn’t know how to handle them, so it defaults back to the most recent legally binding document describing the us government’s relation with black people: the 18th century treaties with the Barbary Corsair states. it is the “missingno” theory of jurisprudence.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i have an academic paper on sovcit poo poo actually in the pipeline, it’s getting published early next year. it’s absolutely wild. the base theory of many of the black sovcits is that the 14th amendment was never properly ratified, so black people aren’t actually us citizens. but they’re not slaves. so they fall into a weird blind spot where the constitution doesn’t know how to handle them, so it defaults back to the most recent legally binding document describing the us government’s relation with black people: the 18th century treaties with the Barbary Corsair states. it is the “missingno” theory of jurisprudence.

:chanpop:

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

this is the coolest poo poo i have ever read. holding yourself to late 18th century pirate treaties instead of the us constitution is genuinely so much cooler than the admiralty court gold fringe flag poo poo

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Sovereign Citizen stuff is dumb regardless of what flavour it is imo.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
don't tell me this isn't funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfVbiefMdNU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

casting gnostic constitution spells on cops is badass

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Tubgoat posted:

Oh wow, they reference him in (I wanna say) Fallout 2. He's holding hostage an NPC you need to rescue for the story.

He was the boss of the slavers, you could join them and help round up tribals for some cash, but you had to get a tattoo on your forehead first to prove your dedication

you took a surprisingly high negative karma hit for each tribal you enslaved

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

KozmoNaut posted:

Appropriating traditional folk culture and twisting it into white supremacy is their basic modus operandi. They hijack traditional symbols and imagery, in order to bolster their imagined claim to being "defenders of traditional culture", ruining it for everyone else.

It always ends up being weaksauce and pale imitations of the originals.

I get that but man, trying to take Stan Rogers from me feels like robbing my childhood. Yet anothe reason to hate fascists, I suppose.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Tubgoat posted:

Oh wow, they reference him in (I wanna say) Fallout 2. He's holding hostage an NPC you need to rescue for the story.

On sovcit chat, I once had a black guy on the city bus try to convince me that cops can't/won't do anything if you don't acknowledge their authority and I'm like (paraphrased) ":stare: Okay well good luck with that, guy the same color as almost almost all victims of premeditated murder by cops."

There’s actually a lot of black sovereign citizens, they use a lot of esoteric Islamic, Egyptian and North African terms and symbols and they tend far more to the wacky harmless side of the spectrum though there is a lot of hotep stuff. I don’t think there’s actually a case of a black sovcit cop killer unlike the legions of white ones.

Edit: someone beat me to it, moorish nation and stuff like that. Looks like a couple murders are tied to self proclaimed members but it’s a much less militant group than their white counterparts

Butter Activities has issued a correction as of 08:10 on Nov 11, 2020

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

SirSamVimes posted:

immensely, yeah.

but its a really finely honed form of insanity and its hard not to admire from that respect. especially the treaty of tripoli poo poo

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

sovcits just want to grill (with no government red tape!!!)

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

a sovcit grill that is chill

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

frankly, if someone told me i was legally a barbary corsair, i would not argue the point

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Honestly, I give black people a pass on the stupidity of sovshit because they are treated extremely differently than the average white person even without the sovshit.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Tubgoat posted:

Honestly, I give black people a pass on the stupidity of sovshit because they are treated extremely differently than the average white person even without the sovshit.

Yeah it’s definitely a parallel but it’s absolutely not the same thing as white Sovcits but without the need for sunscreen.

Kinda like how the Nation of Islam has some parallels with the white power types but they’re very much not equivalent because of the context they’re in and not nearly as violent.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

the night of long knives, but stupider

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I’m still happy about this :wooper:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Business Gorillas posted:

will it beat night of the wrong wives tho?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Is it actually true that Parler requires several forms of ID and social security number to join?

Because that is something so stupid that I have a hard time believing it, even for these dipshits

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
looks like all they require is email address and phone number, not any different from what twitter requires

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

CuddleCryptid posted:

Is it actually true that Parler requires several forms of ID and social security number to join?

Because that is something so stupid that I have a hard time believing it, even for these dipshits

no, that's for some special status thing for heavy hitters, probably like getting a blue check mark

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Filthy Hans posted:

no, that's for some special status thing for heavy hitters, probably like getting a blue check mark

Ah, that makes more sense. I was going to say that is a lot of people voluntarily doxxing themselves

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn

Business Gorillas posted:

the night of dull knives

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Has anyone created a thread for the Parler Free Speech Social Network? Kind of like how we had one for the TeaPartyCommunity.

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

He was just chillin

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Gabriel S. posted:

Has anyone created a thread for the Parler Free Speech Social Network? Kind of like how we had one for the TeaPartyCommunity.

I haven't seen one, but ... is there anything really funny there?

It's always struck me as that quintessentially reactionary combination of dull and angry that just sorta numbs the mind. Open to being wrong if there's comedy to be had though.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Fluoride Jones posted:

He was just chillin
"This man thought he was the CIA but he's not, so he's going away for 30 years to learn how to be a better white supremacist."

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/status/1326586799402209281?s=19

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Based Fedman putting in work.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Gabriel S. posted:

Poor, poor Micheal Bowman

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I must not understand how government stings work because what, now we have a fed asset leading a militia group and planning and directing the execution of riots

All according to keikaku?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Well as long as the militia is only planning on targeting blm protestors the feds are happy to let it continue to happen as long as they get thrown some low level arrest for drugs every now and then

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
seems like they give him a pretty long leash :shrug:

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
don't we assume he's a fed asset purely from him not getting prison time for beating up leftists? inconclusive I'd say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I think he's a fed and I think that if one of the goals is to splinter into oblivion the Proud Boys this is a pretty great way to do it. All the groups that are actually successful while still pushing the degeneracy and white supremacy poo poo are full of middle aged dentists and boomer retirees and SBOs, the young fash seem to not prioritize those things very highly since it's never really resonated with them

that said I think it's equally likely this is Fedman just being so mad at McInnes about something incredibly stupid that he's lashing out at him by staging a dumbass coup