Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I don’t think it’s possible to get a perfect line score. You can get a 99, which placed you in the top percentile relative to whenever it was most recently adjusted, which isn’t as hard as you would think if you’re blessed with above average intelligence and fresh out of college since your competing with a bunch of people dumb enough to join the military.

The real test is signing that contact at the end of the day though. Which I failed. FTN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Amazing to think that my nephew didn't make a colossal mistake because a massive government bureaucracy didn't want to shuffle more papers.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Arson Daily posted:

Amazing to think that my nephew didn't make a colossal mistake because a massive government bureaucracy didn't want to shuffle more papers.

Like I said, it’s a good lie.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/ne...arine-veterans/

semper sigh

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

hosed up that they couldn't BAMCIS through it but at least they didn't climb any clock towers or book repositories.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Steezo posted:

hosed up that they couldn't BAMCIS through it but at least they didn't climb any clock towers or book repositories.

Not everyone can do something heroic like shoot JFK.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Fun fact: Marines and Anarchists are tied for American presidents shot.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Shot? Or shot dead?

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

PenisMonkey posted:

Shot? Or shot dead?

Lets not make this a competition.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
One shot one kill oorah yut

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Happy 245th Birthday Devil Dogs! Rah?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Took the day off to drink it up.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Yut and stuff

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Errah and whatnot

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
any of you ever cheesedick the tie and wear a clip-on to the ball?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Eason the Fifth posted:

any of you ever cheesedick the tie and wear a clip-on to the ball?

Only shitbags wear alphas to the ball.

Edit- actually they started issuing dress blues again after OIF kicked off so everyone has worn blues to the ball for a long time now.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
that's nice, they weren't cheap

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I only ever wore clip ons. gently caress a "real" tie in service uniforms.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I joined in 2005 and I sure as poo poo had to pay for my blues.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

PenisMonkey posted:

I joined in 2005 and I sure as poo poo had to pay for my blues.

It was 2006 I think. When I was recruiting, all the recruits started getting issued them because a bunch of people were coming home in boxes and no one had blues to get buried in.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Hekk posted:

It was 2006 I think. When I was recruiting, all the recruits started getting issued them because a bunch of people were coming home in boxes and no one had blues to get buried in.

The marines sure know how to solve problems.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Look if we’re gonna get buried we’re gonna look sharp doing it.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

PathAsc posted:

I only ever wore clip ons. gently caress a "real" tie in service uniforms.

:yeah:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Hekk posted:

real dark comedy poo poo lol

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

I got “issued” Blues in 13 but it was part of the “here’s a uniform allowance okay now pay it back” chunk at boot camp

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Internet Wizard posted:

I got “issued” Blues in 13 but it was part of the “here’s a uniform allowance okay now pay it back” chunk at boot camp

They made you pay back your uniform allowance?

poo poo, when I graduated in 98 Blues were only issued to whatever recruit got picked as the best in each platoon. Everyone else was told to buy them with our 200ish dollar allowance. The jacket was 400ish by itself, but at least I didn't have to pay back the allowance.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

CainFortea posted:

They made you pay back your uniform allowance?

poo poo, when I graduated in 98 Blues were only issued to whatever recruit got picked as the best in each platoon. Everyone else was told to buy them with our 200ish dollar allowance. The jacket was 400ish by itself, but at least I didn't have to pay back the allowance.

I graduated in Oct of 2001 and it was the same thing, as far as I can remember. Guide got blues and the PFC promotion. holy poo poo that was 20 years ago.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

PookBear posted:

real dark comedy poo poo lol

If I didn't have to live through my enlistment myself it would've been hilarious.

ws_NoPants
Nov 28, 2020

Eason the Fifth posted:

I graduated in Oct of 2001 and it was the same thing, as far as I can remember. Guide got blues and the PFC promotion. holy poo poo that was 20 years ago.

2004 was the same for me. I ended up buying them at the px on pi, but I only ever wore them like 3 times.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Hekk posted:

Incidentally this is also the most corps thing I've heard in 15 years and it owns

edit: My very first most corps thing was finding out the EGA you get at the end of the crucible is the same one your drill instructors made you buy in 2nd phase at the PX for $2.99

Eason the Fifth fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Nov 29, 2020

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I still have my blues... well I still have all my uniforms except for my hats. That’s right, I called them hats.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I think I bought mine, but goddamn that was a long time ago. I want to say it was heavily implied that we should just buy them, even though it's not needed.

Not like it matters now lol

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Anybody else get a text from GySgt Cisneros asking if you’ve considered becoming an officer this week? I know about 6 people who have gotten them so far.

Joke’s on him, I’m 32 and 60% disabled

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
lmao. i'm 39 and 60% obese, semper fudge

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

ya'll may not have heard but new max age limit for USMC OCS is 42.

how about you all start loving running, belt out some cadences and meet me on brown field at quantico

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Sounds good, except for the part about running and going to Virginia lol

gently caress both of those things forever

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Too old for a waiver now. :smug:

:corsair:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nice and hot piss posted:

ya'll may not have heard but new max age limit for USMC OCS is 42.

how about you all start loving running, belt out some cadences and meet me on brown field at quantico

i wish i had more hands to flip you off with

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
lmao one wrong backhand in the pool makes my shoulder ache for 9 months, ocs at 42 are you coocoo for cocoa puffs

Eason the Fifth fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Dec 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
gently caress I’m 40 where do I sign up?