Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Woolie is exactly as weird and insane as Pat is.

He's just not as honest about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Golden Battler posted:

Woolie is exactly as weird and insane as Pat is.

He's just not as honest about it.

Yeah Woolie's weirdness is subtler and not as tested

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's exactly as tested! Woolie has shown his entire rear end numerous times on camera! He just doesn't own it the way Pat does.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

The one big thing the 2-man podcast taught me before I stopped listening is that yeah- the main difference between the two is that pat knows he's a humongous weirdo rear end in a top hat man, and woolie thinks everyone else in the world are the weird ones.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Podcast today really showed max boomer woolie mode

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Something about the way Woolie just kept talking about how great three-person teams are in Apex when Pat was trying to explain his issues with it and why he likes the new duos mode more really irked me this week.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Woolie fundamentally thinks everyone would agree with him if he just explained himself more clearly. When Pat explains himself it's because he thinks people will get a kick out of how broke his brain is.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

I think the exact moment my brain decided that it couldn't listen to woolie anymore was that time they were talking CoD, Pat asked if he'd ever tried the multiplayer mode, and he went "Well it's hard to get friends over and set up high-quality 1v1 matches" unironically.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I do not understand how Woolie functioned past 2010 between his incredibly dense 1st impression/appearance most important personality, and refusing to update his computers out of pure lazyness and conspiracy.

Also his legit plan was to solely rely on youtube revenue (with his views) and thought Twitch was an afterthought

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

im guessing pat talks about day of defeat if the podcast description is anything to go on.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Tae posted:

...refusing to update his computers out of pure lazyness and conspiracy.
Every time Woolie talks about his past computer building troubles it sounds so wild to me. Granted, the last time I built my own desktop was 2011, but I don't recall it being such an arduous process of trial and error?

Then I remember it's Woolie. He probably wanted to do it The Woolie Way and be The Cool Guy and ended up self-owning super hard, like skimping on the power supply or something.

Him lecturing Reggie on how to approach building a rig after Reggie's unfortunate video card purchase like he was some wise elder was particularly rich. I chuckled sensibly.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

and he's still on the windows 10 hate train like it's 2016, but he's using 8 by preference

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

The Lord of Hats posted:

Something about the way Woolie just kept talking about how great three-person teams are in Apex when Pat was trying to explain his issues with it and why he likes the new duos mode more really irked me this week.

Woolie seems to take everything Pat says as a direct argument and attack against himself pesonally. I don't know if this is just extended exposure to Pat, or his own mind goblins coming out, but it definitely leads to these weird extended arguments where both of them are talking past each other.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

woolie also has absolutely zero ability to detect when pat is saying ludicrous things as a bit and this seems to entertain pat immensely every time

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Dabir posted:

and he's still on the windows 10 hate train like it's 2016, but he's using 8 by preference

what the gently caress

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dabir posted:

holy poo poo

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Dabir posted:

8.1 is perfectly fine and having the Windows key shortcut to a second desktop to quickly launch things I don't want or need to clog my main one is pretty neat.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Szmitten posted:

8.1 is perfectly fine and having the Windows key shortcut to a second desktop to quickly launch things I don't want or need to clog my main one is pretty neat.

10 has virtual desktops.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Szmitten posted:

He doesn't update windows 8

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Dabir posted:

Woolie: I’m going to go out of my way to break and disable Windows 10 updates and features that I’ve determined I do not like.

Also Woolie: Why computer no work tho?

In fairness I totally get not wanting changes/delta on your production/recording machine but he has no excuses for using goddamn Windows 8 on the gaming PC. It would be within reason to get some sort of Windows Server box set up so he’d only be getting security updates and the like.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Warbird posted:

In fairness I totally get not wanting changes/delta on your production/recording machine but he has no excuses for using goddamn Windows 8 on the gaming PC.
A smart reason/solution, implemented in the dumbest way possible.

Sasuga, Woolie-kun!

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Woolie will... figure it out...???

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Tae posted:

He doesn't update windows 8

To be fair updates can be ruinous and a pain but I also manually launch updates every day and have for nearly 8 years so oof. It's a relief that I'm apparently less crazy than someone using such a rig for editing and streaming I guess.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

They've had multiple stories of how sound settings got blown the gently caress up or some poo poo by windows updates, causing whole recording sessions to get hosed before they knew it, or just causing huge delays, so I don't really blame them for being a bit crazy about managing updates as a side effect. But yeah the "Not 7, not 10, but 8" got me too.

My take is "just let the drat thing update, it's so aggressive because there's way too many people that just keep mashing "update later" for months on end and create huge vulnerability problems that end up affecting multiple people. That said Win10 is pretty annoying because sometimes it will just spring an update with no warning overnight, or I'll click "shutdown and update" and it will just shut down without updating instead.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
peak woolie-brand brain worms is the 13th sentinels playthrough where he decides that his knowledge of anime tropes is enough to totally figure out the entire plot of this game he's like 20% through in advance

It's kind of obnoxious!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I'm flying off the handle in a seething rage at his misuse of "nonplussed" and "gingerly"!!!!!

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2DOmc0tTZ8

Beautiful.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Potential hostage situation is occurring at Ubi Montreal. Don’t they know a bunch of folks there?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Warbird posted:

Potential hostage situation is occurring at Ubi Montreal. Don’t they know a bunch of folks there?

Apparently a false alarm.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

did the mod maker put that in the mod for DMC5 and then ask pat to play it explicitly so that would happen?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Captain Invictus posted:

did the mod maker put that in the mod for DMC5 and then ask pat to play it explicitly so that would happen?

if so then it was 100000% worth it

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

ApeHawk posted:

if so then it was 100000% worth it

It's a legit robust mod and one of the mod-makers gave Pat an easy to install version and walked him through it and left that trojan horse like a legend.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Dam pat, crashing and burning that steamed hams bit like a CHAMP

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The latest 13 Sentinels episode is just perfect

"Grandma, stop, I'm full!"

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

https://clips.twitch.tv/LightSmoothInternImGlitch

"So, I'm stupid."

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsdcviskmBo

amazing

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Watching Woolie struggle through Helltaker is a good reminder why not to watch other people try to play puzzle games. :psyduck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljkogU6SBjs

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i will...

wait for a supercut that removes all of the parts where woolie is trying to solve a puzzle.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I've accepted that I'm not watching anymore 13 sentinels but I'm excited for the Yakuza run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Helltaker is a lot more mundane and simple than I thought!

*gets stuck on extremely basic puzzles for nearly an hour*