Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Development
Jun 2, 2016

ellum bagworks' deluxe happy hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anza Borrego
Feb 11, 2005

Ovis canadensis nelsoni
Awesome, thanks you all for posting those. I’ve been looking at RoadRunner since they are basically local, although I’ve been a little put off by their production timelines. It seems like everyone is making to order though, so I’m just hamstringing myself by putting it off.

I think I’m going to get the larger bag, partly because it has the external phone bungee pocket and that seems like a good design choice.

There’s an interesting Kickstarter handlebar bag but it’s a moderate wait:
https://routewerks.us/

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I have a roadrunner burrito supreme and I'm happy with it. If you are extremely patient they do 42% off on 4/20 :2bong:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

If your bike doesn’t have a fry pouch then why even ride

Development
Jun 2, 2016

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

If your bike doesn’t have a fry pouch then why even ride

I think Lael needs a goon trash kit

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Development posted:

:hmmyes:

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
Rode my old C50 for the first time in awhile, love this bike, always just feels great on the road.

Kinda think it looks boring with the black bar tape, maybe white?

And this looks...not good. The original owner had a bag here, he must have been putting too much vinegar on his fries

jet sanchEz fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Nov 11, 2020

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Development posted:

I would pitch in to make this happen

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

vikingstrike posted:

I would pitch in to make this happen

Me too. And if I get one, I'll set up my GoPro to be pointing up at my face, past the frybag, and do something that will toss the fries up into my face.

Actually, making a video like that should be condition of purchase.

lodie
Feb 8, 2004
bicycle

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
buddy it says no smoking on premisis but that bike is straight fire

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

amenenema fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Nov 15, 2020

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Sucks that the sun goes down at 5pm now, but luckily I have this lake near my place that I can do laps around

Also, went to for a ride around town and stopped by Ft. McHenry today:

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Hey a Baltimore goon, I overnight there a lot with Dickwood. Have a couple of KOMs in Patterson park and the B&A trail.

e:

e.pilot fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 16, 2020

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

e.pilot posted:

Hey a Baltimore goon, I overnight there a lot with Dickwood. Have a couple of KOMs in Patterson park and the B&A trail.

e:

Yeah! I haven't tried the B&A yet, but it's on the to do list probably around Thanksgiving. My wife used to work in that building in the background of your pic and I work across the street.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
B&A is really nice, good and wide, not many road crossings, nice tree cover, smooth.

And easily linked to the BWI trail too.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Dick wood got some upgrades.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Who did you let ride it?

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

Who did you let ride it?

:vince:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

Who did you let ride it?

Savage.

4 years without a bike, bought a beater mtb during covid.

Have been on a stationary for 3 years though this year's fire season wrecked my lungs. Gotta re earn the ability to climb again. still good to spin. :feelsgood:

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

cursedshitbox posted:

:feelsgood:

Nice.

I found a good wall.
Chemistry building mural and my bike by Martin Brummell, on Flickr
Chemistry building mural and my bike by Martin Brummell, on Flickr
Note the dreamtime kangaroo's GIANT BALLS (top-left)

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

cursedshitbox posted:

Savage.

Have been on a stationary for 3 years though this year's fire season wrecked my lungs. Gotta re earn the ability to climb again. still good to spin. :feelsgood:

hot

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Cross posting this because it deserves it :colbert:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
And God said, Let there be bike

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
After asking where watts had been laid, and being invited to come see DickWood™, Jesus wept.

Development
Jun 2, 2016

"my dick is like, thiissssss big"

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

Who did you let ride it?
call the coroner

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Hello,
My name is CopperHound. I like trying to mash whatever used parts are available into fun and interesting things. You may remember me from previous episodes such as:
drop bar mountain bike
or motorized bike trailer .

I went to visit a local builder and friend of the community to see about collaborating on building a custom trailer and they offered to give me this frame which was made by a friend of theirs. I politely declined because I realy don't need another bike. Fast forward 2 hours later I'm working in the shop and my coworker walks in with this same frame saying I should use it. I didn't want to anger the gods by rejecting my fate, so I did my best at assembling a bike with all the used stuff laying around the shop:

The only new parts were spokes that don't match, one tube, and rim tape.
The fork was just a little short so I have some shenanigans going on with the headset. It should be fine unless it ever gets wet or dusty.

Also, I have no idea what kind of lockring is supposed to be used with single speed stuff on a freehub body, so I made do:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Thanks, I love it

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Does anyone have any recommendations for road shoes? My feet are a little narrow with slightly high arches. I'm looking for something with plenty of room to set the cleats back from the back of my foot. Also, does anyone have a link to that chart that compared different brand's sizing?

E: whoops, didn't realize this was the wrong thread.

Oldsrocket_27 fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Nov 29, 2020

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
The Propel got some new climbing shoes, almost a pound lighter than the aero wheels.

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

Was riding around on a craigslist beater all summer and fall. Got into something nicer for the winter.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

A build for a crit season that may never come Mostly Chinese/Taiwanese parts (LightBicycle 68mm clinchers to Bitex hubs, the Cinelli stuff was all made in China/Taiwan) and full DA9k Di2.

It then promptly got blown over by wind after this photo scratching up the saddle, rear derailleur, and bar tape. :saddowns:

I highly recommend trying Di2 if you get a chance. It's fantastic.

MacPac
Jun 2, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Got a new bike today, went for a foggy, wet and windy ride. It rides like a dream :yayclod:

Bikes an Orbea Orca M20

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

MacPac posted:

Got a new bike today, went for a foggy, wet and windy ride. It rides like a dream :yayclod:

Bikes an Orbea Orca M20

Orbea :discourse:

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
New kicks. Time to get a bit more techy on the fat bike.

I'm still gonna be bad and slow.

Tried them all week on flat pedals. The stiffer sole and lack of laces potentially getting caught in the crank is real nice.

EvilJoven fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Dec 18, 2020

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Wear thin socks. They’re so insanely warm.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

EvilJoven posted:

New kicks. Time to get a bit more techy on the fat bike.

Tried them all week on flat pedals. The stiffer sole and lack of laces potentially getting caught in the crank is real nice.

Which model is that and how much were they?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
45nrth Wolvhammer BOA. They normally retail for $400 Canadian but I didn't pay nearly that much. I'm hoping that the covid bike boom turns into a huge crop of new riders that want gear like this. It'd maybe open up the market and drive prices down and make it more accessible to everyone.

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Wear thin socks. They’re so insanely warm.

Are you thinking of the Wolfgars that are meant for much colder temperatures? I would have bought them if they didn't fit me horribly. The Wolvhammers are known for not being super warm. I actually put the insulated insoles from my hunting waders in em for a little more warmth and went a size up so I could put 2 layers of socks for when I go ride in stupid cold temperatures.

I wish my phone hadn't died when I pulled it out to take a pic of my bike. Whatever, ride successful and clipless fatbiking is awesome.

EvilJoven fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Dec 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

EvilJoven posted:

45nrth Wolvhammer BOA. They normally retail for $400 Canadian but I didn't pay nearly that much. I'm hoping that the covid bike boom turns into a huge crop of new riders that want gear like this. It'd maybe open up the market and drive prices down and make it more accessible to everyone.

Are you thinking of the Wolfgars that are meant for much colder temperatures? I would have bought them if they didn't fit me horribly. The Wolvhammers are known for not being super warm. I actually put the insulated insoles from my hunting waders in em for a little more warmth and went a size up so I could put 2 layers of socks for when I go ride in stupid cold temperatures.

I wish my phone hadn't died when I pulled it out to take a pic of my bike. Whatever, ride successful and clipless fatbiking is awesome.

I have the Wolvhammers and my feet sweat like a pig if it's over maybe 20F.