Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Not as cool as the Jordans from the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
gently caress me. So wish I had a PS4 right now instead of XBone because these Spiderman games look bad rear end.

Settled on grabbing THPS1&2 remake (is Spidey still in it as an unlockable?) and busting out an old Batman game to gently caress up some goons and bust some heads in challenge mode.

Now someone please get busy on my Hulk: Ultimate Destruction sequel and the Daredevil game I want. TIA

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

The Tony Hawk remake is really, really well done but Spider-Man is no longer a playable character

omg chael crash fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 10, 2020

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Activision no longer has the rights to Spider-Man, so yeah no.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Activision no longer has the rights to Spider-Man, so yeah no.

They should have worked with Sony to get him into that version.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

People don't take kindly to console exclusive characters anymore.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Waffleman_ posted:

People don't take kindly to console exclusive characters anymore.

Isn't Spider-Man gonna be an exclusive character in EA's Avengers game?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Isn't Spider-Man gonna be an exclusive character in EA's Avengers game?

Squaresoft. And Yes and people were furious about it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Squaresoft. And Yes and people were furious about it

They were furious about it but at this point I don't know if anyone still cares about The Avengers (game.)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm still looking forward to playing it when it's half off on boxing day

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

It's still not worth it. Marvel's Anthem.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Vince MechMahon posted:

It's still not worth it. Marvel's Anthem.

Honestly the campaign was good, imo. It's only the postgame GAAS stuff that gets tedious. It's no X-Men Destiny.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

Honestly the campaign was good, imo. It's only the postgame GAAS stuff that gets tedious. It's no X-Men Destiny.

Yeah, if you just want an Avenger's game and don't care about Infinite Replayability it's a perfectly fine game.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, if you just want an Avenger's game and don't care about Infinite Replayability it's a perfectly fine game.

It's about $30 too much for how long the campaign is. Maybe more than that honestly.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Retro Futurist posted:

Only do so if you have a good PC or one of the Pro consoles, otherwise best to just wait for whenever you get a next gen console. The Avengers game will run smoother, have the extra campaigns (i bet they do release hawkeye, but cancel hawkeye) and it'll probably be 10 bucks.

Insomniac also confirmed that later this month, there'll be an update to transfer your Spider-man PS4 save data into the PS5 Remaster. And that if you buy the regular edition of Miles Morales, you can purchase the original's Remaster for twenty bucks at any time. I never did NG+ on that, so I'll probably bite that bullet at some point.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

gently caress me. So wish I had a PS4 right now instead of XBone because these Spiderman games look bad rear end.

Settled on grabbing THPS1&2 remake (is Spidey still in it as an unlockable?) and busting out an old Batman game to gently caress up some goons and bust some heads in challenge mode.

Now someone please get busy on my Hulk: Ultimate Destruction sequel and the Daredevil game I want. TIA

with ps5 coming out, there'll be sales on 4s soon enouhg

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Massive downgrade from the Jordans (no bias, I promise) he had in the film. The game version of Miles must be counting pennies.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

JordanKai posted:

Massive downgrade from the Jordans (no bias, I promise) he had in the film. The game version of Miles must be counting pennies.

The Game Version has exactly half the living parents of the movie version and is living in a New York recovering from Super COVID.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Adidas over Nike any day.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Adidas over Nike any day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kZJK5g_OsU

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

All Day I Dream About Spider-men

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Move over Spider-man, the real comic book superstars are back.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1325842000826994690

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1326555321549074437?s=20

I love a good game engine meme.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Marvel's Avengers is $28 on black friday. Is it worth that just for story? When are new characters coming? I thought two were supposed to be out already but doesn't seem like they are.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Fritzler posted:

Marvel's Avengers is $28 on black friday. Is it worth that just for story? When are new characters coming? I thought two were supposed to be out already but doesn't seem like they are.

First Hawkeye is coming by the end of the year, second Hawkeye most likely gets cancelled in a "we need to take a year to fix the game sorry" Anthem move.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vince MechMahon posted:

First Hawkeye is coming by the end of the year, second Hawkeye most likely gets cancelled in a "we need to take a year to fix the game sorry" Anthem move.

Is the first Hawkeye the good Hawkeye that people actually care about or is it Clint?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Is the first Hawkeye the good Hawkeye that people actually care about or is it Clint?

Yeah, Kate's up first.

Avengers has a really good story, so I think it's worth $30.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, Kate's up first.

Avengers has a really good story, so I think it's worth $30.

Ooo, might actually get it then.

How do the microtransactions work, does the XP just scale in such a way that late game it just takes forever to get new abilities unless you pay?

I should point out Kate's solo book lasted 18 issues, Clint couldn't even sustain a 5 issue mini.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Ooo, might actually get it then.

How do the microtransactions work, does the XP just scale in such a way that late game it just takes forever to get new abilities unless you pay?

I should point out Kate's solo book lasted 18 issues, Clint couldn't even sustain a 5 issue mini.

You can just play the story without grinding. Anything after the story is grindy garbage. The microtransactions are all cosmetic.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

You can just play the story without grinding. Anything after the story is grindy garbage. The microtransactions are all cosmetic.

I've actually grown to hate cosmetic microtransactions more than ones for like faster XP gain in mostly single player games. I'm gonna spend how many hours playing as this character and if I ever want them to look different I gotta pay money?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Skwirl posted:

I've actually grown to hate cosmetic microtransactions more than ones for like faster XP gain in mostly single player games. I'm gonna spend how many hours playing as this character and if I ever want them to look different I gotta pay money?

You can unlock new costumes in game too, though you can't control what you get. The story gives a few different costumes for all the main characters. And then when playing the character, you get daily and weekly challenges to get points to unlock stuff through their battle pass.

But yeah, playing through the story you'll get a lot of abilities unlocked. You also get the same XP if you play on easy, so if you want to just roll through certain things you can do that and won't get punished.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You get the 'Crappy Tony Stark in a pilot's helmet and some halfass gauntlets' skin for free and that is the only one worth using anyway.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I want a Hawkeye (Kate Bishop) dressed as Hawkeye (Alan Alda) costume.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Skwirl posted:

I want a Hawkeye (Kate Bishop) dressed as Hawkeye (Alan Alda) costume.

The leaked skins showed that was actually one of the choices.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The leaked skins showed that was actually one of the choices.

Marvel should be paying you for marketing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm just really hyped to see Kate in the game.

She's also voiced by Ashly Burch. Like everything they've marketed about Kate seems to have been directly aimed at appealing to me, and I am here for it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I'm just really hyped to see Kate in the game.

She's also voiced by Ashly Burch. Like everything they've marketed about Kate seems to have been directly aimed at appealing to me, and I am here for it.

I had to google the name and, well drat, like I said, Marvel should cut you a check.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Is it $28 digitally? I don't buy spinning plastic discs in 2020.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Well, it's not meant to be mostly single player.

But if you look at the Steam numbers it definitely is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Is it $28 digitally? I don't buy spinning plastic discs in 2020.
Nope. At Gamestop physical copy. Would prefer that digital price, but for things that are both physical and digital I usually get physical because there's usually a lower price.