Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'd of gone for a bit of color coding in the item backgrounds like they (sorta) used to have.

Green for health
Red for AD and lethality
Blue for mana or icy slowing items
Yellow for Crits
Purple for AP or MR.

And keep the items front and center instead of in weird cut-off action poses with less focus on the background effects.

How are you supposed to construct a meta golem out of these icons?

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Nov 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fnox
May 19, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'd of gone for a bit of color coding in the item backgrounds like they (sorta) used to have.

Green for health
Red for AD and lethality
Blue for mana or icy slowing items
Yellow for Crits
Purple for AP or MR.

And keep the items front and center instead of in weird cut-off action poses with less focus on the background effects.

How are you supposed to construct a meta golem out of these icons?

Yeah the complete disarray in terms of color is dizzying and makes things hard to remember. They should 100% have borders on their icons.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Eclipse seems pretty busted.

Still hating the new icons.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

presumably they changed the icons because if anyone saw the color pink while playing zed they became gay

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Also just gonna say, the old item icons seemed much clearer to me, the new ones look visually messy and I don't think item icons needed action poses like champion load screens.

Big agree. Also holy poo poo please let me resize the shop, I play on 1600x900 and it looks loving tiny.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
It seems like they designed the new icons at much larger sizes, not realizing that you can't just shrink the icons to a smaller size and expect good results.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They forgot that you can’t make nonsensical icons cause they’ve been just making them for champion skills you never look at.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

as a colorblind player I would like to gently advise against this

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
So not only are the new icons a mess, they are too noisey and its hard to decipher what they are.
Ive also 2 games now where the shop is bugged and buying items doesn't consume the building item for it.

Fun update

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Also just gonna say, the old item icons seemed much clearer to me, the new ones look visually messy and I don't think item icons needed action poses like champion load screens.

What the gently caress these are awful

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
The new ones are really hit or miss in terms of visual clarity but I don't wanna give the old ones too much credit in that regard either, as they're less mushy than some of the new ones are but I could never figure out what half of them were supposed to be. You would never know what something like crystalline bracer or protobelt was supposed to be without the name clueing you in, and to this day i still cant wrap my head around what exactly triforce is supposed to be

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Consternation with the icons is going to be partly due to familiarity. Some icons will shake out to be fine and some will maybe need some clarity changes, but we won't know for a couple of weeks which is which.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Monicro posted:

The new ones are really hit or miss in terms of visual clarity but I don't wanna give the old ones too much credit in that regard either, as they're less mushy than some of the new ones are but I could never figure out what half of them were supposed to be. You would never know what something like crystalline bracer or protobelt was supposed to be without the name clueing you in, and to this day i still cant wrap my head around what exactly triforce is supposed to be

3 swords

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Monicro posted:

Trinity force used to be built out of three swords, so the picture was just three swords with a triangle drawn around it.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Jerkface posted:

Consternation with the icons is going to be partly due to familiarity. Some icons will shake out to be fine and some will maybe need some clarity changes, but we won't know for a couple of weeks which is which.

yeah exactly, i remember feeling the same way about refillable potion when they changed the art for that a while but But Then: i got used to it

yeah but like what is that art supposed to be telling me about how it's used. does jax hold one in his mouth like roronoa zoro or are they connected and he spins them like a blender or what

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
christ I can't tell at a glance what half that poo poo does. they should have an option to colour item icons by purpose ie. health has a green background, AD is red, AP is orange or something

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

New store is weird but I do like the suggestions. Might get some fuckheads to actually build items that are good against the enemy.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Seems like AD assassins and bruisers are the real winners from this update.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i think the marksman items are gonna need some more work

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mr. Humalong posted:

Are you buying?

someone tell riot to copy Hirez games
I'll never buy skins but I'd pay 15-30 bux for a "unlock all current and future champions" pack, like in SMITE or Paladins.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Radical posted:

i think the marksman items are gonna need some more work

also maybe fix vayne and ashe apparently being a billion times better than everyone else

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Yone and yas need removing, they are hideaously strong right now.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Taciturn Tactician posted:

also maybe fix vayne and ashe apparently being a billion times better than everyone else

Nah this can stay (buff Sivir tho).

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I think gale force jhin is actually on top rn

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
There's never been a better time to not play ADCs in bot lane than right now.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Drone_Fragger posted:

Yone and yas need removing, they are hideaous

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

:thunk: I'd like to jam the quickblades into a twitch build but there are so many juicy items I don't know what to sacrifice. Are there builds that intentionally dodge mythic items or are you basically forced to take one in order to not fall behind in power.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Xayah is completely insane as well, her feathers apply all on hit effects in addition to the initial attack so she completely melts teams, opposing lane duos. Basically anyone who gets in her way honestly.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Can’t wait until they nerf a bunch of champs because of the new items, then later nerf the items and let the champs languish in the never pick zone

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Im having lots of fun now though. Everything seems so strong and I dont know what to pick. It's like the first days of when a multiplayer game is new and doesnt have a meta.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
So I just had a game where we had a godlike Senna who ran Eclipse and by the endgame was just chunking people for 50%+ health from around a screen away. I'm willing to give it some time to see where the dust settles, but it looks like lethality users are feeling really good right now.

In other news, Brand in low tiers is hilarious to play and is a disgusting lane bully who can apply consistent poke from range with little difficulty due to the E changes and can clear waves faster. People in higher tiers will probably be able to get past it, but in Silver MMR, it's pretty lethal.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Had a Goredrinker red Kayn get a legit pentakill 1v5 at around 25 min yesterday. It was insane. I watched him path to contest dragon by himself, but it was warded and we saw all 5 people there. He killed them all.

Some items are a little overtuned, I'd say. Goredrinker, Eclipse, Rageblade. I've been playing Yone for a few weeks as well, and the Rageblade build on him and Yasuo is absolutely obscene.

Everfrost on Swain has been good, but I miss RoA. The AP characters thare "supposed" to be tanky that formerly built ROA have no real 1:1 replacement. Playing mid right now loving sucks, as duskblades and assassins are everywhere. It's been a while since I was legit tower dived by an Akali, but it happened.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Conversely, try Rammus or Malphite rn. With all these big AD killers going around, you can blind pick them.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you can always blind pick malphite, if the enemy team doesnt draft any AD you just go full AP and then you pick the Doinb skin and dance on them

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Have not played with the new patch but looking at the data, I'd say this is a pretty good indicator of the meta switch in mid lane to being dominated by AD assassins that scale fast.

Kassadin sinking down to 40% winrate while Malph and Rammus hitting 56%.

A surprise winner of the season changes seems to be Viktor, no longer held back by his hexcore.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Have not played with the new patch but looking at the data, I'd say this is a pretty good indicator of the meta switch in mid lane to being dominated by AD assassins that scale fast.

A surprise winner of the season changes seems to be Viktor, no longer held back by his hexcore.

Can confirm viktors damage is pretty nuts right now and his ability to laser while moving helps him deal with annoying stealth assassins

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

ROA is gone and tear builds were nerfed so champs that relied on them are a big nerf with the switch.

Tanks are performing well so far, but a lot of that is due to tank itemization basically not changing except for having reduced options after your mythic, so everyone is already building them pretty optimally.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Mindblast posted:

:thunk: I'd like to jam the quickblades into a twitch build but there are so many juicy items I don't know what to sacrifice. Are there builds that intentionally dodge mythic items or are you basically forced to take one in order to not fall behind in power.

i dont think anyone would ever totally pass up the mythic items, most just putting it off to second item to get tear on senna or ezreal (i dont know if there are any other items that are super important to get first besides RoA which got removed anyways).

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Radical posted:

i dont think anyone would ever totally pass up the mythic items

shout outs to the Twitch teammate I had who rushed Infinity Edge and then complained he was doing no damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Mindblast posted:

What would be the point around that? Expunging multiple times? It only reduces cooldown for basic abilities and switch doesn't seem to be someone that lives or dies by W or Eing multiple times in a fight.

Whats the deal with Xayah and her feathers? I really wanted to main her when I first got back into league this season but I missed the boat from her season 9 -> worlds domination. I got her star guardian skin so I am ready to rumble if she is good again.