Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So what's the actual new user flow now? Is it just Guardian Rises and Cosmodrome and straight to Europa and embracing the Darkness? Not much of a big choice for them if they've been up for like twenty minutes lol

Do levels still exist or is it all just light now? Not that it maters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

super sweet best pal posted:

hosed up that when something negatively affects the players it goes unaddressed for who knows how long but when players find ways to bypass the grind the devs swoop in as soon as possible.
I see this complaint time and time again across various games and various forums as if different bugs are equally difficult to address. Fixing bugs can take minutes or months depending on the complexity/severity, and things like drop tables and enabling/disabling weapons may not even require actual code changes.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Nov 12, 2020

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

hey guys just wanna let you know my 6 stack was winning game so everything is fine

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
"Our 6 stack with [Gun they literally disabled because it's broken-powerful at the moment] was able to counter stasis"

The very model of balance!

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Is Traveler's Chosen gone-gone or would I be able to obtain it from the exotic vendor thing in BL?

I played D2Y3 less with each passing season and did barely anything in Arrivals. Have not purchased the expansion yet but did the first intro quest on Europa tonight and was reminded of how beautiful this game is, but then got a little depressed at how onerous the grind felt with those seasonal journeys in Shadowkeep and the reviews on Steam/Reddit are not doing a lot to help me feel like that part of the game that drove me away is going to be any better in Year 4.

Parker Lewis fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Nov 12, 2020

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Is there a reason I found an insanely fast vandal tagged as a boss in the cosmodrome? Took forever to kill at 1210 and didn't drop anything. Found them in the like, north east area, kinda near the hive lost sector. Destiny 1 thing?

RBA Starblade posted:

Lol my highest light weapon atm is the Khvostov

Put the exotic ak back in Bungie

I saw someone speculate maybe we'll get a whisper/zero hour style mission this season since those two are gone, and there's no dungeon this season, particularly given that we only know of 2 seasonal exotics.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I have t even started playing this expansion yet and yeah that looks completely broken. Especially the tracking on the ice trails that freeze people nearby. And that’s a melee ability? Serious there’s no way they could’ve play tested this.

Their actual goal was probably to follow a strat they often use at the beginning of new expansions, where they first introduce just way, way off-balance powers so players fee “op” and once players fall for that and get hooked they roll it all back two months later. Player retention remains high because we’re all invested in the grind game by then so we just learn to live w it. It’s just likely that they went too overboard with it this time.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

slow_twitch posted:

But what of the fashion?

You can actually make gear look like other gear of the same type in that game. Hopefully Bungie's transmog system will be halfway decent when it comes out.

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.
Just got the dead Orbit Armband for my Warlock, and it looks like its jerkin it

https://twitter.com/nangngzruk/status/1326752886022234112

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Kingnothing posted:

Lol imagine being so bad at a video game that you derive joy from streamers being mad about something unrelated to you.

Am I bad?

No, it’s the lanes I keep walking into that are the problem

*seeing stasis and not complaining* WELL, GUESS IM EMBRACING THE DARKNESS!

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

*in a drifter voice* Bitch, shut the gently caress up, Stasis is HIP AND COOL! Woooooh!

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
I was poking around in DIM and found this under Xur:

Looks not too bad to get the weekly exotic cipher.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

for A REAL COMPLAINT

imagine youre at about 50% primeval health winning a rad gambit match only to suddenly get 4x large blockers, and lose the match

oh its because the catchup mechanics are broken by Divinity (maybe all trace rifles)

anyways trace rifles are bugged in gambit

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Parker Lewis posted:

Is Traveler's Chosen gone-gone or would I be able to obtain it from the exotic vendor thing in BL?

I played D2Y3 less with each passing season and did barely anything in Arrivals. Have not purchased the expansion yet but did the first intro quest on Europa tonight and was reminded of how beautiful this game is, but then got a little depressed at how onerous the grind felt with those seasonal journeys in Shadowkeep and the reviews on Steam/Reddit are not doing a lot to help me feel like that part of the game that drove me away is going to be any better in Year 4.

There's typically been a delay of 1 season before they've shown up otherwise for the last couple of seasons, so I'd assume TC will show up next season on the tower exotic vendor, Heir Apparent and 4th Horsie being the addition to the Shadowkeep options that werren't available in Arrivals as they were the exotics from Worthy.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

bad destiny streamer (I guess) also bad at titanfall (I know)

RBA Starblade posted:

Was it live

Can I still see it somewhere

yeah someone put it up on Youtube, I'll find it

to be clear this was them getting dunked upon in Titanfall and if they're still a scrublord these many years later in Destiny, well, not much has changed

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

OK!

Bideo James posted:

a rad gambit match

I can't!!

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

while i was making GBS threads this thread i played gambit

as well paradoxically after

i typed out those steps before i won

protip: stasis makes you win

Bideo James fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Nov 12, 2020

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Horsebanger posted:

Our 6 stack with nearly all witherhoards bullied some pubbies hard.

Stasis is fine in PvP. It's no more broken then spectral or nova warp imo

I was in that 6 stack running stasis, and it was loving absurd. We mercied every game.

It's not balanced... but that's whatever. I don't play destiny pvp to sweat and tryhard. I guess just roll around with OP poo poo for a while like the lord of wolves thing or the broken Prometheus Lens.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Parker Lewis posted:

It's in the vendor yes? I quickly looked at that section but didn't exactly look for every gun. I assume it's there.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Nah only sidearm on the Skeep selection at the moment is Devil's Ruin, no Tchode.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

*running 6x void hunters on forsaken release for 5 months*

RocketRaygun posted:

I was in that 6 stack running void hunter, and it was loving absurd. We mercied every game.

It's not balanced... but that's whatever.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Haven't had time to video game lately so I only did the first auto-loading story mission of the new content.

I'm going to ignore the new content and bum around on EDZ & the centaur doing whatever content until I hit softcap. Then I'll pick up the new stuff. Which I preordered on day 1 I don't know how long ago lol

Don't know where I'm going with this. Thanks for listening / putting up with me.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

DancingShade posted:

Haven't had time to video game lately so I only did the first auto-loading story mission of the new content.

I'm going to ignore the new content and bum around on EDZ & the centaur doing whatever content until I hit softcap. Then I'll pick up the new stuff. Which I preordered on day 1 I don't know how long ago lol

Don't know where I'm going with this. Thanks for listening / putting up with me.

i did new light first even as a veteran, it was a nice reprieve form the usual into the insane

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Roman posted:

lol I JUST finished grinding 1200 on all my characters

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1326680848687489024

poo poo, I only got myself to 1150ish

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Sekenr posted:

poo poo, I only got myself to 1150ish

Just do regular public events, lost sectors and such. Even every blue is a power upgrade.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

DancingShade posted:

Just do regular public events, lost sectors and such. Even every blue is a power upgrade.

yeah i hit 1200 on main by doing campaign, a few public events as I found them, the post-campaign missions and some general exploring and loving around especially the golden chests

It sounds like a lot but like, it's stuff you're doing anyway? and then when I was all done I moved on to gambit/strikes/crucible for the powerfuls

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

So what's the actual new user flow now? Is it just Guardian Rises and Cosmodrome and straight to Europa and embracing the Darkness? Not much of a big choice for them if they've been up for like twenty minutes lol

Do levels still exist or is it all just light now? Not that it maters.

awake in parking car (solo mission), then a few tutorial-y missions based on the awake rasputin quest, then the cosmodrome give you the bike, then you can visit the tower.

most of the missions are simple and
designed to learn one thing

also are simple and a bit boring if you are vet but well done - we get to see a witch kill a guardian

~~~~~~~~~

about stasis
only two things are universal in gaming:
- players hate to lost control of his character
- gamers like to see numbers go up

stasis is going to be nerfed in pvp, but people will only be satisfied when is removed - even 0.5 seconds will be too much for many people

Tei fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Nov 12, 2020

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

Is there a reason I found an insanely fast vandal tagged as a boss in the cosmodrome? Took forever to kill at 1210 and didn't drop anything. Found them in the like, north east area, kinda near the hive lost sector. Destiny 1 thing?

I saw someone speculate maybe we'll get a whisper/zero hour style mission this season since those two are gone, and there's no dungeon this season, particularly given that we only know of 2 seasonal exotics.

If it’s what I think it is, look up Randal the vandal. It’s a d1 thing.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
With all that refugee stuff we had over the last few years, I got a mild chuckle out of the fact that after the "Season of Arrivals", in which something resembling an oven gave us missions to "eradicate the darkness" (unsuccessfully as it seems), the new mission is to "Reclaim Europa"...

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

So Europa Enforcer 3 isn’t counting power weapon kills for me for some reason (the purple variks mission).

Also it’s really funny to me that they changed the prestige leviathan achievement but not the seal triumph achievement that still only includes the Forsaken seals.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I have a quest to kill 10 Nightfall Champions with Stasis Damage. How da gently caress am I supposed to do that lol

All 3 of us were staring at each champion, waiting for a teammate to do the Stun so we could be the one to pop super and kill it

There really isn't any good source of Stasis Damage other than the super, is there? For dropping a big fat champion in a hurry?

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I have a quest to kill 10 Nightfall Champions with Stasis Damage. How da gently caress am I supposed to do that lol

All 3 of us were staring at each champion, waiting for a teammate to do the Stun so we could be the one to pop super and kill it

There really isn't any good source of Stasis Damage other than the super, is there? For dropping a big fat champion in a hurry?

You could use the Stasis Grenade Launcher...lol, that does basically no damage at all. I just got that quest, considered it for a minute and then abandoned it. Figured she might give me another one instead. Nope. Wait till next week idiot.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
While clicking away flashing icons in my triumphs screen, suddenly something purple appeared as if i got something, but i cant tell what it was or where it went.
From the corner of my eye it looked like a glove or something, could be totally wrong though.

Any idea where to check if i accidently got some "triumph reward" or something like that?

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008

Yolomon Wayne posted:

While clicking away flashing icons in my triumphs screen, suddenly something purple appeared as if i got something, but i cant tell what it was or where it went.
From the corner of my eye it looked like a glove or something, could be totally wrong though.

Any idea where to check if i accidently got some "triumph reward" or something like that?

Probably a little statue thingy that you can place in the hut by the Stranger.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.
So uh... Which left mouse button do I press to do the shockwave thing?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
the left one

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Elysiume posted:

the left one

The one to the left of the right one, or the one just top left of the whole thing?

EDIT: No but seriously, how the actual gently caress do I do the shockwave? I've done it accidentally like... 2 times, and I genuinely don't know how to trigger it on purpose.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
Shouldn't it just be right click?

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

kurona_bright posted:

Shouldn't it just be right click?

See:

I tried just about every other bind I have. It triggers very occasionally towards the end of the super, seemingly on a press of left-click, but I still don't know why or how it happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

LeafyOrb posted:

So Europa Enforcer 3 isn’t counting power weapon kills for me for some reason (the purple variks mission).

needs to be precision kills