Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

PookBear posted:

*biden wins*

*trump signals he isn't going to turn over power*

whew glad the election is over!

Trump doesn't get to make that decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Trump doesn't get to make that decision.

A bunch of officials serving at his pleasure sure seem to. Has the GSA signed off on the transition yet?

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

A bunch of officials serving at his pleasure sure seem to. Has the GSA signed off on the transition yet?

Stop doomposting, the election results aren't required to be certified by states until a December 8th deadline. Which means orange fuhrer gets to cast doubt on elections and media outlets get to write anxiety raising clickbait until then.

The GSA said they will wait until elections are certified AFAIK.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The GSA can't stop the transition either.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The GSA holding the funds up is putting a kink in poo poo, because there would be an additional month in which Biden's team could be on the ground getting poo poo running in the new government, which he won't get anymore. The transition will still happen on schedule and on time, but any additional time Biden's team was hoping to have to build up the government from scratch after 4 years of essentially nobody running poo poo is just not gonna happen.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Nov 12, 2020

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

orange juche posted:

The GSA holding this poo poo up is putting a kink in poo poo, because there would be an additional month in which Biden's team could be on the ground getting poo poo running in the new government, which he won't get anymore. The transition will still happen on schedule and on time, but any additional time Biden's team was hoping to have to build up the government from scratch after 4 years of essentially nobody running poo poo is just not gonna happen.

Right - Trump and team aren't competent enough to pull off an actual coup, but they sure as poo poo can pull the rug up on democratic norms like they have been since 2016. And Republican leadership has to at least play lip service to his tantrum because they (a) have the Georgia runoffs to consider, and more importantly (b) need to figure out a way to preserve their base of support while transitioning Trump out. This means a couple more months of people at the highest levels of government undermining a legitimate turnover of power.

e: This is all bad for small d democracy in the long run even if Biden is president on Jan 21, 2021.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 12, 2020

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

orange juche posted:

The GSA holding the funds up is putting a kink in poo poo, because there would be an additional month in which Biden's team could be on the ground getting poo poo running in the new government, which he won't get anymore. The transition will still happen on schedule and on time, but any additional time Biden's team was hoping to have to build up the government from scratch after 4 years of essentially nobody running poo poo is just not gonna happen.

Ding ding ding! Trump might be off in Fantasyfuckland, but the GOP won't turn down an opportunity to use his tantrum as a cover to sabotage Biden's first 100 days in office by forcing him to spend time doing poo poo *then* that should be getting done *NOW*.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Does anyone else still engage cultists in hood faith, or am I just a masochist?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

bulletsponge13 posted:

Does anyone else still engage cultists in hood faith, or am I just a masochist?

I can't figure out if this is a typo of good faith or a clever Klan reference?

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

hobbesmaster posted:

He thinks Trump is going to throw him in a literal nazi concentration camp after a coup and freaking out about it. All I would read into it is that he probably needs an antipsychotic, benzo or a mood stabilizer.

You've got it the other way 'round, he "came out" as a long-time GOP voter a couple days ago (causing everyone to actually notice previous bigot behavior that had been ignored) and I guess now thinks Biden is gonna gulag him and all other white christian conservatives or something.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I thought he "came out" as a long-time GOP voter but wouldn't vote for Trump because he's basically evil?

Yeah:

https://twitter.com/AmandaRTubbs/status/1325991756354084870?s=09

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Nov 12, 2020

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Soylent Pudding posted:

I can't figure out if this is a typo of good faith or a clever Klan reference?

Typo.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

I thought he "came out" as a long-time GOP voter but wouldn't vote for Trump because he's basically evil?

Is the implication that a vote for GWBush wasn't a vote for death and destruction on a massive scale? What exactly did he think the GOP stood for?

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Look at all you nerd babies worried about turning over. Trump barely did any during his transition cause the Obama staffers were mean to his people, I don't know what you're worried about.

Seriously though, Biden has gone through this, probably has an actual plan with people that can execute (I hope). The emotions in here are on a whipsaw from hating Biden to worrying about him implementing his agenda. Jan 20th can't come soon enough but I want Trump to stew in his loser bullshit.

warsow
Jun 28, 2009

C.M. Kruger posted:

You've got it the other way 'round, he "came out" as a long-time GOP voter a couple days ago (causing everyone to actually notice previous bigot behavior that had been ignored) and I guess now thinks Biden is gonna gulag him and all other white christian conservatives or something.

At the end of his live stream before the Twitter fest, he goes on a tangent in which he clearly believes Trump is executing a fascist coup.

Edit: The fine people thing is disgusting, but like most white American men he probably has spent little to no time critically thinking about what it means to or even politics in general.

warsow fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Nov 12, 2020

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Michael Cohen through out an interesting theory: Trump goes to mar-a-lago for christmas and just doesn't come back.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I'm kinda done with the election thread, and the election is kind of done too. Arizona's recount is *only* if the election is within 200 votes.

Dave just said the thing.

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1326726087133581314

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1326728766438117378

Good insurance if Wisconsin and/or Georgia gets fucky. MI/PA are safe.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Nov 12, 2020

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

not caring here posted:

Michael Cohen through out an interesting theory: Trump goes to mar-a-lago for christmas and just doesn't come back.

It would certainly be a nice Christmas gift

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

facialimpediment posted:

I'm kinda done with the election thread, and the election is kind of done too. Arizona's recount is *only* if the election is within 200 votes.

Dave just said the thing.

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1326726087133581314

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1326728766438117378

Good insurance if Wisconsin and/or Georgia gets fucky. MI/PA are safe.

The Georgia SoS already said it won't get fucky, albeit not quite in those words.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Flikken posted:

Speaking of central PA I was a bit shocked to see centre county go blue. I know State College and all but still....

State College is bigger than you'd think. They're building highrises downtown and condos on every square inch that is within the State College school district. It was wall to wall Biden signs for the last two months. Get outside of State College and it was trump signs in the rest of Centre county, but nowhere near as many as I saw in most rural parts of the state in 2016.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zamujasa posted:

It would certainly be a nice Christmas gift

Except it is the biggest green light ever for every adversary and poo poo head of ours to go hog wild...even more so than the last four years.

I mean look what the PRC did the past few days in Hong Kong. The Lego Council is now nothing more than a low rent knockoff of whatever rump legislature they have in the Mainland (blanking on the name...People's Deputites...whatever...it might as well be named AssEasters Anonymous).

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

C.M. Kruger posted:

You are bad at reading

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Brute Squad posted:

the best lawyers

How many times have lawyers been given vexatious litigant status? Has it ever happened without first being disbarred?

There’s no way it’s happened to a married couple.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Platystemon posted:

How many times have lawyers been given vexatious litigant status? Has it ever happened without first being disbarred?

I’m honestly surprised none of them have been sanctioned so far.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

MazelTovCocktail posted:

They've walked right up to the edge of it. That judge saying: as a member of the bar.... was a pretty clear indication that sanctions were coming if they didn't provide a straight answer with a quickness.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

BUG JUG posted:

They've walked right up to the edge of it. That judge saying: as a member of the bar.... was a pretty clear indication that sanctions were coming if they didn't provide a straight answer with a quickness.

And yet, for all that, I doubt anything will happen. At least not immediately. Our idiot nation is so tightly wound that observing that the sun is hot would be challenged as a political statement, given that it's winter.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grip it and rip it posted:

And yet, for all that, I doubt anything will happen. At least not immediately. Our idiot nation is so tightly wound that observing that the sun is hot would be challenged as a political statement, given that it's winter.

I dunno, you piss off a judge and your case being negatively impacted may be the least of your problems.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Platystemon posted:

Now it’s time for mark and Patricia mcclosky, the only married vexatiously litigious lawyer team in the tri-county area

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
For those who haven't seen it:

https://twitter.com/Transition46/status/1326692666827034625?s=20

A somewhat obvious choice, but still a good one. Klain previously served as Chief of Staff for both Biden and Al Gore when they were VP, and was appointed to coordinate the government's response to the Ebola crisis back in 2014. Very competent person, and well-regarded by both moderates and the party's left.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/Andreas_Persbo/status/1326899104308486146?s=20

I had forgotten that Trump withdrew the US from Open Skies because [file not found]

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

well the wife sat on the st. louis bar ethics board

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/MattDevittWINK/status/1326875263947436032?s=19

https://youtu.be/DQ2djvdR9HE

absolute unit of a dinosaur

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

DONT insult him like that.

He’s older than the dinosaurs.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/reporterjoe/status/1326905869251080195?s=20

Yeah right Paul, I am sure that is exactly why Trump is placing them during the lame duck. Why don't you get another gardening session with your neighbor

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/Andreas_Persbo/status/1326899104308486146?s=20

I had forgotten that Trump withdrew the US from Open Skies because [file not found]

It’s because a plane made a bad noise while he was golfing.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Uhh, what the gently caress Spain. What the gently caress.

https://twitter.com/i/events/1326803089400098816

Not even doing anything would have been a better option.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Steezo posted:

Uhh, what the gently caress Spain. What the gently caress.

https://twitter.com/i/events/1326803089400098816

Not even doing anything would have been a better option.

Since that didn't embed:

https://mobile.twitter.com/artnet/status/1326561333878337536

:wtc:

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Is that a tribute to Picasso?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

As Nero Danced posted:

Is that a tribute to Picasso?

The Facial Reconstruction Following Guernica?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Dont know what went wrong there, thanks. With the embed. Or the restoration.