Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

What is the timing for Y-button QTEs in Yakuza Like A Dragon. How do I press a button.

I think it's when the shrinking ring hits the button icon itself but I'm not 100% on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtamo
Oct 7, 2012
Man, it finally happened to me: I bought Streets of Rogue as a part of the Fanatical bundle and it turns out I already owned it. :what: So, here's a key for someone: 4LH8G-I4QZ8-**8VC, ** = two letters that can refer to a player character or computer.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Qtamo posted:

Man, it finally happened to me: I bought Streets of Rogue as a part of the Fanatical bundle and it turns out I already owned it. :what: So, here's a key for someone: 4LH8G-I4QZ8-**8VC, ** = two letters that can refer to a player character or computer.

God damnit, lurked already.

e: oh hey, thank goodness a goon got it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Qtamo posted:

Man, it finally happened to me: I bought Streets of Rogue as a part of the Fanatical bundle and it turns out I already owned it. :what: So, here's a key for someone

Hey, thanks! This was one of the few I was eyeing on that bundle.

Speaking of goon reviews, this is apropos:

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Nov 12, 2020

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Fargin Icehole posted:

Good god some people are weak

I'm sure as a viking you're going to be doing plenty of disfiguring

I think you're right. Some games on steam do that the moment you connect it. Windows sees that it has speakers so it automatically places it. Solution is usually to switch to the right speakers

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Why are VA-11 Hall-A fans universally terrible?

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

It turns out how you respond to a major company voluntarily making a change following a small request is a fairly reliable barometer for being an rear end in a top hat.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Because you have to embrace the literal child prostitute who is sexualized by the game's creators and called their "waifu" when you become a fan.

Yes, I know it's an adult in a child's body, no that doesn't make it okay.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mr E posted:

I think it's when the shrinking ring hits the button icon itself but I'm not 100% on that.

Seems right. It works when I press Y right as the ring is disappearing behind the prompt.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

like attracts like

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Assuming I'm unlikely to play either competitively online, which is more fun for singleplayer and local multiplayer - Soul Calibur or Tekken?

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Chas McGill posted:

Assuming I'm unlikely to play either competitively online, which is more fun for singleplayer and local multiplayer - Soul Calibur or Tekken?

I was hoping that the latest Soul Calibur would have a robust single player mode, from the advertised features, but it is kind of grindy and uninspired. However, it does seem like the type of game that would be more fun for casual local multi than Tekken. It’s easy to pick up and wail on each other, plus it has create-a-fighter.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Chas McGill posted:

Soulcalibur has an extremely robust single-player story mode with several hours of campaigning and a leveling/progression system, in addition to the standard story mode for each individual character.

Tekken has an extremely barebones story mode and token fights for individual characters.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Speaking of visual novels, I'm finally back to reading Umineko after months of being burned out on it - god drat is it long - and it's just as tense and interesting as when I put it down. I don't think it's a spoiler to say that a significant part of the story is Phoenix Wright style logic battles, but every move of evidence presented is written in the text as the characters swinging giant swords at each other. "The victim isn't dead! They've been faking it!" as a called attack is absolutely priceless, especially when it's all "counter! Thanks to [evidence], they've been dead all along!" and a giant shield pops up to block the sword swing.

This is simultaneously super silly and anime AND super effective as I've desperate to figure out howdunnit, and to make sure that my favorite detective doesn't get skewered.

e: just in case

e2: I do not think the spoiler will ruin anyone's enjoyment of Umineko and I encourage everyone to click on it. But if you're already going to read it (it's a GREAT murder mystery) I recommend skipping it and reading Umineko blind.

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Nov 12, 2020

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

This is the gold standard of petting.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Blattdorf posted:

This is the gold standard of petting.

You aren't supposed to steal the dog after petting. This isn't complicated, you guys!

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Sorry, this is probably a repeat question, but what was the single-player content of Tekken rated at? Mediocre? I don't do pvp in fighting games for the most part.
-
And they were able to get rid of all the bad people at Ubisoft? Or were some "transferred" to other departments?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Soulcalibur has an extremely robust single-player story mode with several hours of campaigning and a leveling/progression system, in addition to the standard story mode for each individual character.

It doesn’t have poo poo on weapon master mode in 2 though. :colbert: (more like :soulbert:)

I actually haven’t been able to get into 6. I had a pretty good handle on 2 way back in the day but after 10 years of good Mortal Kombats and playing some Capcom fighters it just feels waaay too complex. Specials feel like they have at least double the amount of inputs they should.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Saoshyant posted:

You aren't supposed to steal the dog after petting. This isn't complicated, you guys!

that is a Freedog on the Land and cannot legally be stolen

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 12, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I think there should be a Platinum Status for games that go beyond headpats to bellyrubs

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

powerful

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

All the rice field chores are a giant laborious pain in the rear end, and yet...strangely engrossing? I can't wait to see some top-tier endgame rice. I hope it's sparkly.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Nov 12, 2020

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Football chess game has a new expansion out!

quote:

This expansion is a major revamp to the base game and significantly improves existing mechanics:
GIFTEDNESS
A new mechanic has been added to every footballer: giftedness. Although the theoretical maximum level is 100 for every footballer, they will now level up considerably slower after they reach a certain level (their practical maximum level).
More gifted footballers have a higher practical maximum level, allowing them to compete better in higher tournaments.

Giftedness and stamina now account for the potential of both the attacker using the skill and the defender who defends against the skill. Level 1 skills are now much more usable!

Expect major changes to the way you build your team, centered around the giftedness of your footballers, while other characteristics are still important as well.
STATISTICS
Various statistics from previous and current seasons are now saved and analyzed. You can indulge in the past glory of your club, and adopt better future tactics through the many graphs, charts, and statistical summaries!
CLUB'S INFRASTRUCTURE AND PERSONNEL
You can now upgrade the club’s infrastructure such as the training ground, scout centre and hospital.
New personnel have been added (physicians, youth coaches).
TRANSFERS
You can now directly buy footballers from abroad.
You can now directly buy footballers not on the transfer market if you're willing to pay a higher price.
When you sell a footballer, you can choose between different offers from 2-3 clubs (previously you cannot control which club to sell your footballer to).
Other clubs will periodically offer to buy your best footballers at a higher price.
GAMEPLAY AND BALANCE
Major rework to the economy system.
Added Team of the round and Team of the season that reward with Glory and Fans.
Added a new specialization tree: Stamina.
Redesigned fan mechanics. Now you can accumulate more than 80,000 fans. The more fans your club has, the more money sponsors are willing to pay you.
Improved AI of top clubs when preparing formations and making substitutions. Premier League becomes more challenging.
For experienced players looking for a challenge, Hard mode is even more difficult than before.
Added the ability to quickly simulate an already started match to completion.
Added Ironman mode, in which players cannot quit a match once it's started. You must play it to completion or switch to simulation.
Plus many balance changes for you to discover!
IMMERSION
Added animations following important wins and losses in both League and Cup games.
Added visual events that pause the match for substitutions, injuries and yellow/red cards.
Goal animations reworked. Now they look more varied, interesting and realistic.
Different crowd noises based on the number of fans and the size of the stadium.
Added 10 background music tracks.
Plus various interface improvements.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Hwurmp posted:

All the rice field chores are a giant laborious pain in the rear end, and yet...strangely engrossing? I can't wait to see some top-tier endgame rice. I hope it's sparkly.
I've occasionally grown my own vegetables on and off over the years and that sounds like it's pretty true to life, then.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

Because you have to embrace the literal child prostitute who is sexualized by the game's creators and called their "waifu" when you become a fan.

I'm now very glad that I didn't buy this game as a chill cyberpunk vibe to relax to.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Strategic Tea posted:

I'm now very glad that I didn't buy this game as a chill cyberpunk vibe to relax to.
"A game about waifus and technology" sounds exactly like the kind of description you'd should expect from someone who watched Ghost In The Shell and was only disappointed that Major Kusanagi didn't look twenty years younger.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

StrixNebulosa posted:

It's annoying because they're so close to the actual "yes, this is hosed up and is bad" message that could actually be good, but the devs themselves are far too horny for them and that's just outright disgusting.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

What is this now? I really haven't followed much game news in a while; is this Ubi or Gearbox or something else

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Sab669 posted:

What is this now? I really haven't followed much game news in a while; is this Ubi or Gearbox or something else

VA-11 Hall-A, it's an old game but they're making fun of that probated dude's avatar.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Sab669 posted:

Indie anime-cyberpunk bartender game.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sab669 posted:

a visual novel about the dumbest possible cyberpunk OCs being briefly upset at things that happened offscreen

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

mycot posted:

VA-11 Hall-A, it's an old game but they're making fun of that probated dude's avatar.

ah, I actually have avs disabled because i poo poo post from work too much to have those turned on :v:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Hwurmp posted:

a visual novel about the dumbest possible cyberpunk OCs being briefly upset at things that happened offscreen

I played like an hour of Valhalla and then gave up on it. I thought the concept would be cool, like how do you screw up "you're a space bartender and you make weird drinks for aliens?" Instead I got a kinda mopey visual novel. I wanted "Papers Please" for bartending.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Consider the kind of person who would look at the cloned child-prostitute in Blade Runner and consider it the best idea in the whole movie.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

StarkRavingMad posted:

I thought the concept would be cool, like how do you screw up "you're a space bartender and you make weird drinks for aliens?"

the key is to have never written anything before, or read much of anything that wasn't in greentext

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

All power to them though, they made shitloads of money out of it. What issues that game has in writing, they covered it up sufficiently with a good soundtrack and aesthetic.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah, but on the other hand, so did Twilight. Write for the right niche audience and quality is pretty much just not a consideration.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Same with marketing. I can at least begrudgingly respect that much. Just wish they weren't so horny for the kid(but actually adult) sexbot.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

There are better ocs to "stan"

https://twitter.com/gracebruxner/status/1326736995901607938

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

frog detective owns

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Shrecknet posted:

Everyone stop what you are doing and go buy Dracula: Love Kills. It is an immensely entertaining Hidden Object Game with some neat puzzles, full voice acting and extremely cheesy plot. If you've ever wondered if HOGs are for you, here's your chance to find out, for the princely sum of one US american dollar

This was absolutely worth one dollar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Are Yakuza Kiwami 1 and 2 shorter games than Yakuza 0? I'm enjoying 0 but I'm not sure how I feel about two more games of this length if the gameplay isn't much different.