Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mmtt
May 8, 2009
Lurker jumping in the Uncle Billy's Army train to Georgia. Sign me up!

:bandwagon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As a Civil War history nerd, I can’t state enough how wonderful it is, to see so many people who love Sherman like I do.

Oh for anyone interested in SimSherman, Grand Tactician Civil War is in Early Access. It’s very deep, both individual battles and strategic warfare...also very early access, but the dev actually is constantly working on it and it’s not a from Kickstarter it came.

https://store.steampowered.com:/app/654890

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Woofer posted:

NSA wizard is adding us all to another list.

The goal is to get on so many lists it causes the system to crash when they try to look you up.

I got put on my first list at 14, so I am working on it

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

RFC2324 posted:

The goal is to get on so many lists it causes the system to crash when they try to look you up.

I got put on my first list at 14, so I am working on it

Time to change my username to '); DROP TABLE *;-- and spam the NSA keyword list.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Soylent Pudding posted:

Time to change my username to '); DROP TABLE *;-- and spam the NSA keyword list.

It'd be the funniest poo poo ever if the NSA forgot to sanitize for input.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Woofer posted:

NSA wizard is adding us all to another list.

Are you one of those people that scores your list action like golf?!?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

MazelTovCocktail posted:

As a Civil War history nerd, I can’t state enough how wonderful it is, to see so many people who love Sherman like I do.

Oh for anyone interested in SimSherman, Grand Tactician Civil War is in Early Access. It’s very deep, both individual battles and strategic warfare...also very early access, but the dev actually is constantly working on it and it’s not a from Kickstarter it came.

https://store.steampowered.com:/app/654890

I don't know about the infantry branch but armor branch is definitely full of Union fanboys and the first Sherman memes I saw after election day came from a few fellow armor officers from my old unit.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mustang posted:

I don't know about the infantry branch but armor branch is definitely full of Union fanboys and the first Sherman memes I saw after election day came from a few fellow armor officers from my old unit.

Sweet, that is awesome to know. I figured it was more a thing that came with being a history dork. But considering the role of the Sherman as a tank, I'm not surprised armor dudes are fans, but it's still good to know.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Soylent Pudding posted:

I don't think that would work. If it doesn't work on SA, it won't work there, probably.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Nov 9, 2020

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Chiming in late, but I'll take a Sherman gang tag too

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
I for one am excited to add a Sherman to my existing Sherman :gifttank:

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I for one am excited to add a Sherman to my existing Sherman :gifttank:

Whoa there buddy... Is the world ready for that much Sherman?

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

ASAPI posted:

Whoa there buddy... Is the world ready for that much Sherman?

Overdue, imo.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I mean, flamethrower equipped Shermans were a thing

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Nov 10, 2020

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
And the Brits had a version of the Sherman called the firefly Yes I know it had a special gun not a flamethrower but the name is cool

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Flikken posted:

And the Brits had a version of the Sherman called the firefly Yes I know it had a special gun not a flamethrower but the name is cool

Gotta love the Firefly.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007
I’m from Buenos Aires Atlanta, and I say kill ‘em all!

Please to be adding additional gang tag, thank you!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
There are roughly five billion Sherman variants and each one is wacky and wonderful in their own way.

One of my personal favorites: the T10 Mine exploder, aka the Sherman monster truck :black101:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

What a time to be in weapons development when the government just shipped you $Texas amount of money to build anything that might win the war

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

There are roughly five billion Sherman variants and each one is wacky and wonderful in their own way.

One of my personal favorites: the T10 Mine exploder, aka the Sherman monster truck :black101:

That is the coolest tank I've seen in a while.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Sunday Sunday SUNDAY!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Nick Soapdish posted:

What a time to be in weapons development when the government just shipped you $Texas amount of money to build anything that might win the war

A great example of this is the B-32 Dominator. An immensely expensive and groundbreaking aircraft that was designed and built as a backup to the even more expensive and groundbreaking B-29, which by itself was the single most expensive weapons program in all of World War II (Beating out the Manhattan Project by over a billion period dollars).

Arsenal of Democracy indeed.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Acebuckeye13 posted:

A great example of this is the B-32 Dominator. An immensely expensive and groundbreaking aircraft that was designed and built as a backup to the even more expensive and groundbreaking B-29, which by itself was the single most expensive weapons program in all of World War II (Beating out the Manhattan Project by over a billion period dollars).

Arsenal of Democracy indeed.

And it still had a ton of variants!

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
It's not an American project, but during WW2 the UK got surprisingly close to building an aircraft carrier out of ice.

Wrennic_26
Jul 9, 2009
Would love to get a tag please!

With my gratitude, this map: https://blmprotests.forensic-architecture.org/

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Spoggerific posted:

It's not an American project, but during WW2 the UK got surprisingly close to building an aircraft carrier out of ice.

Iirc from the mythbusters episode, just saying made of ice isn't accurate. It was more of a. Icecrete made by freezing sheets of rag pulp.

Super cool, and likely would actually work in places like the North Sea

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I’m in!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

[extremely hackerKen Burns voice]

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I've begun the time-consuming task of getting the tags queued for admin approval.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

McNally posted:

I've begun the time-consuming task of getting the tags queued for admin approval.

That is some glorious looking 'tag.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

McNally posted:

gently caress yeah! I didn't even realize that it wasn't just Atlanta, my god it's beautiful.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

jesus it's beautiful

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

God drat I love this tag, I can feel the fires burning from within me.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Love the new gang tag, Goon success story for sure.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Looking forward to mine.

The Valley Stared
Nov 4, 2009
Thank you for giving up your well deserved time off to get us these truly magnificent tags, McNally.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
I can't wait!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones