Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Is this the place to talk about my buying two Fate/Stay Night Figma figures? Because I just did that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My camera's being weird as heck, and couldnt get a decently lit pic at all. But I guess these are OK.

Marty is heckin cool and I'm glad i picked him up. Def want Biff and Doc whenever they show up. Idk about the other marty's. I also ripped off the glasses on the other head sculpt to do the poster pose.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Are they going to eventually do Part 3 figures? Because I’d kill for Doc and Marty in their 1885 getups.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I hope so because so will I. They did Marty and Biff from 2. So we can only hope.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I picked up 2015 Marty the other day and it's pretty cool overall though the likeness is a bit off and I can't place why. Also, the platform they included with the board to get it to "fly" is neat but very tough to balance properly. I have 1985 Doc pre-ordered but may cancel in the hope they release 2015 Doc.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I think it’s the eyes. They don’t really resemble Michael J Fox’s at all.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Is this the place to talk about my buying two Fate/Stay Night Figma figures? Because I just did that.

It is. Please tell me which two.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I think it’s the eyes. They don’t really resemble Michael J Fox’s at all.

Yeah the eyes are off for sure. It’s allllmost there, but not quiet.

Still. It looks good enough on the shelf, and for 30 bucks I’ll take it as a good representation of the character.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I think the 1985 Marty figure looks way better than the 2015 one. But they’re both pretty cool.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I think 2015 Doc is a given, and I’m here for it. Both when he turns up in 1985 and later on with the train shirt (I love that shirt).

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

My camera's being weird as heck, and couldnt get a decently lit pic at all. But I guess these are OK.

Marty is heckin cool and I'm glad i picked him up. Def want Biff and Doc whenever they show up. Idk about the other marty's. I also ripped off the glasses on the other head sculpt to do the poster pose.

I'm so sorry, but he looks just like Stephen King.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lmfao. He kinda does.

I can always turn him into Jordy Verrill

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Man, I’d buy a whole Creepshow line if it meant I’d get a Leslie Nielsen figure.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Man, I’d buy a whole Creepshow line if it meant I’d get a Leslie Nielsen figure.

I've unironically wanted Police Squad figures for literal decades.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Fuzz posted:

I've unironically wanted Police Squad figures for literal decades.

Unfortunately there are some legal issues that make a Nordberg figure unlikely.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Gripweed posted:

Unfortunately there are some legal issues that make a Nordberg figure unlikely.

Really? Why is that? Some drama with the actor's likeness or something?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Fuzz posted:

:magemage:

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Fuzz posted:

Gloves don't properly fit him

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

heyyyy

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
He looks so good! Can’t wait for the Hot Toys one!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah def snag the HT. But if you were like me and thought huh, maybe HT wont make one...uh, go back in time to get this one?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
There’s something odd about seeing Spider-Verse faces with normal soft goods, but there’s no denying that’s a great figure.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Sentinel Toys are doing a very Mafex-esque Miles too (I actually thought it was the Mafex).

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Amazon deal on Tamashii Nations Meisho Manga Realization Muhomono Wolverine if the Star Wars samurai stuff was up your alley already. I grabbed it because I already have the ninja Spider-man.
https://www.amazon.com/BLUEFIN-Tamashii-Realization-Muhomono-Wolverine/dp/B07QBB2WW8?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_D_a762127a_123&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

void_serfer posted:

I honestly think the ML Spider-Man is more poseable than the Mafex one in some key ways. I also don't like the size of the hands and feet on the Mafex, and the prevalence of some of the joints just really break up the sculpt for me. There's also more of a fun factor with ML in terms of interchangeable parts and durability. I added some magnets to the feet and the fun factor took off immensely.

Yep, I agree with all of this. I'm not brave enough nfor mods though...

Rhyno, 45 degree shelf all the way!

That Sentinel Miles looks amazing! The body isn't as thin as the Mafex, there's no soft foods (although I don't personally mind them), and the shorts are the correct color.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Sentinel Miles has accessories unlike the Mafex. Hmm.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Got a few of those venom wave MLs the other day. I don’t usually collect marvel legends, but these look REALLY good especially for their price point. I might actually try finishing up this wave!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Got a few of those venom wave MLs the other day. I don’t usually collect marvel legends, but these look REALLY good especially for their price point. I might actually try finishing up this wave!

As a symbiote collector the Venom wave was a no-brainer (although I don't care about Morbius, anyone who wants to take him off my hands is welcome to PM me or whatever). It's nice that we're still getting Life Foundation symbiotes - 3 down, 2 to go!

I think I still prefer the older Carnage figure with the big axe-hand as my go-to "generic 90s Carnage" figure, since he was drawn with the black details being just color swirls and not pronounced veins or whatever. Also 90s Carnage's tendrils seemed more like wispy goop and not the thorny talons of the new figure. The Absolute Carnage figure is still cool and I'm glad I have him, but he's my least favorite of the wave (other than Morbius).

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

vkeios posted:

It is. Please tell me which two.

God help me but I'm considering getting Saber Alter's bike.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yeah I don’t like the morbius one bit, I’d only be getting him for the BAF part. I honestly might even get the movie Venom despite never seeing the movie, it also looks good and I don’t have a Venom in my collection.

Hearing about Fate figmas always makes me said because it reminds me that I have no hope of ever getting Gilgamesh for a reasonable price.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Venom movie is cool, I just rewatched it the other day and I still like it.

The movie Venom figure is cool, he’s super tall. Like he’s taller than any other symbiote figure I’ve got, even the BAFs.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I really want movie venom but I haven’t seen a trace of that line around here.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Just got a notice that my long-awaited Hot Toys Battle Angel figure is ready to ship. This will be my first Hot Toy, and probably only, though if they do the "doll body" version of Alita I would consider it.

I'm a little worried about the durability of her faux-leather outfit. When I was organizing/cleaning/packing all my old toys for a move, most of the figures that had any kind of fake leather, it had started to decay and would just crumble when I touched it. This could have something to do with improper storage in my dank old apartment, but even so, that stuff does not seem to be built to last. I know Hot Toys are supposed to be the best of the best, and I hope they use better materials, but it would sure suck to pay $250 for an action figure only to have it disintegrate a couple years later.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Louisgod posted:

I picked up 2015 Marty the other day and it's pretty cool overall though the likeness is a bit off and I can't place why. Also, the platform they included with the board to get it to "fly" is neat but very tough to balance properly. I have 1985 Doc pre-ordered but may cancel in the hope they release 2015 Doc.

he looks like mark hammill in the star wars holiday special.
marty never made that face, he was worried and anxious the whole time like his dad

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The issue is mainly that pleather just does that after a few years if not maintained. There's a kind of spray people recommend for it to use occasionally but I don't recall the name off hand.

That just extends its lifetime though. Pleather dies eventually.

There are people out there who make replacement genuine leather jackets and stuff so that may be a thing down the line.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Nov 13, 2020

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

CelticPredator posted:

I really want movie venom but I haven’t seen a trace of that line around here.
I knew I wanted the whole wave so I just preordered the whole thing from Hasbro Pulse.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

God help me but I'm considering getting Saber Alter's bike.

Those are both good ones. I appreciate any figures that come with dog and food accessories.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

The_Doctor posted:

Sentinel Toys are doing a very Mafex-esque Miles too (I actually thought it was the Mafex).

I was seconds away from finishing checkout on this guy when I saw shipping was $33.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The one Sentinel figure I have isn't very impressive joint wise, but it's the transforming Johanna so that might just be sacrifices for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

So how do you all display your action figure's action figures?