Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat

Gripweed posted:

Patton Oswalt, three days after his wife died, Tweeting insults at AVGN for refusing to review Lady Ghostbusters

i think that's more an explanation on why he would be diving into petty bullshit as a distraction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Algund Eenboom posted:

Everyone here is a tedious psycho parasocial freak loser weirdo lib scold. Not me though

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

OctoberCountry posted:

Devin Faraci spending a whole summer writing articles tirelessly defending Ghostbusters 2016 and comparing the people who didn't like it to Bernie Sanders supporters only to get outed as a sex pest a couple of months later was 2016 distilled to its essence

lmao. ive always said jokingly the two scariest words in the english language are loud self-described "male feminists" but it keeps ringing true again and again. joss whedon and all these people always turn out to be super creepo sexpests. if someone tells you they are a male feminist, run for the hills.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

remember how the gritty ghostbusters reboot was supposed to come out this year? (did it come out?)

the original wasn't gritty? it's as rough as it can be without forcing everyone to act out like Bill Murray

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Victory Position posted:

the original wasn't gritty? it's as rough as it can be without forcing everyone to act out like Bill Murray

It wasn't *performatively* gritty with lots of somber yellow-tinted lighting and people looking at the ground sadly.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
And floaty white girl covers of well known songs

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

OctoberCountry posted:

Devin Faraci spending a whole summer writing articles tirelessly defending Ghostbusters 2016 and comparing the people who didn't like it to Bernie Sanders supporters only to get outed as a sex pest a couple of months later was 2016 distilled to its essence

and if i recall correctly he literally grabbed a woman by her pussy

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
later Devin would announce his return to the scene by declaring that he had converted to Buddhism.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
The flip side of Devin Faraci is Max Landis, the guy who got really really mad that the main character in the new star wars movies was a woman and also turned out to be a sex pest.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Everything Twitter libs touch dies.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

There was one of the Salacious Crumb aliens crying over its cellmate being cooked over a fire in the first or second episode of that series. Star Wars has a long history of things being eaten that are uncomfortable.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

joepinetree posted:

The flip side of Devin Faraci is Max Landis, the guy who got really really mad that the main character in the new star wars movies was a woman and also turned out to be a sex pest.
Wasn't Landis an outright rapist?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

oh god, this reminded me of the "Lilio from Lilo & Stitch is toxic" take

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

And yet none of these people care that droids are slaves

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Victory Position posted:

Gamergate stands pretty drat tall as the lowest point in my mind
here i made this diagram

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

shame trump stopped the 10 second clip format of reading his own tweets like that

Saman
Oct 23, 2008

Next, you'll say...
"What a good post!"

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

it was really weird how lady ghostbusters came out at the same time as annihilation and oceans 8 the same time as widows, 2 pairs of movies that were conceptually similar to each other (group of women vs the paranormal, group of women doing a heist) but the remakes got the girlboss/empowerment treatment while the other two were largely ignored

Widows sucked dick because they had a bunch of fantastic women actors and then they devoted 3/4 of the movie to Liam Neeson and wasted the rest of their incredible cast by giving them like a total of 20 minutes worth of scenes across the entire movie and it just felt like they recut their movie to feature more of an old white man because they realized halfway through filming that this dude costs too much money to be in their movie for only 5 scenes and they can try to get an Oscar out of it and Viola Davis' performance. Intensely disappointing when movies do that poo poo instead of just being themselves

Is Pod drat America actually worth listening to. I like Alex on Ballin Out Super but idk poo poo about Jake Flores and the episodes hes on for that dont feel like good barometers for if i'll like him at all

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Terrible Opinions posted:

Wasn't Landis an outright rapist?

Hadn't read the daily beast story, only the buzz on social media, after your post I went and read it,, and you're right. Didn't mean to minimize it.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

https://twitter.com/thelateempire/status/1326946226810593281?s=19

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Saman posted:

Is Pod drat America actually worth listening to. I like Alex on Ballin Out Super but idk poo poo about Jake Flores and the episodes hes on for that dont feel like good barometers for if i'll like him at all

Jake is only funny on cum town and he apparently burned that bridge

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

The governor of Alaska is kind of a milf

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

nice they’ve been talkin about this for a while

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1327026975781871620?s=21

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

we're never getting the 2006 ep

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

it was really weird how lady ghostbusters came out at the same time as annihilation and oceans 8 the same time as widows, 2 pairs of movies that were conceptually similar to each other (group of women vs the paranormal, group of women doing a heist) but the remakes got the girlboss/empowerment treatment while the other two were largely ignored

the remakes were garbage and needed something to sell themselves on whereas the originals were great and the creatively bankrupt studios had no idea how to sell them

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Judakel posted:

the remakes were garbage and needed something to sell themselves on whereas the originals were great and the creatively bankrupt studios had no idea how to sell them

Both Annihilation and Widows were also adaptations of existing works

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Gripweed posted:

Both Annihilation and Widows were also adaptations of existing works

remakes?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
i just looked it up a tv series doesnt count silence

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
everything is a remix :smugdog:

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Fluoride Jones posted:

we're never getting the 2006 ep

maybe that's for the best. it would be too painful.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Atlantis the lost empire was a treasure island remake, and thus was devoid of creativity

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Does that mean Treasure Planet is a remake of Atlantis?

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Treasure planet is a case of convergent evolution, it was an IP that, due to happenstance, looks remarkably like a treasure island remake

Thus, it is a creative masterpiece

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

why did treasure planet, atlantis and titan AE all come out at the same time. why was the entire animation industry making really ugly scifi fake anime in 2000

Clibanarius
Sep 22, 2020

by Athanatos

Gripweed posted:

Patton Oswalt, three days after his wife died, Tweeting insults at AVGN for refusing to review Lady Ghostbusters

Big Patton fan. Shrugged off 99% of the 'this is how he's actually bad for acting after his wife died' poo poo. But this one... oof, buddy.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Farm Frenzy posted:

why did treasure planet, atlantis and titan AE all come out at the same time. why was the entire animation industry making really ugly scifi fake anime in 2000

Atlantis looks good: it's got Mike Mignola doing some designs.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Clibanarius posted:

Big Patton fan. Shrugged off 99% of the 'this is how he's actually bad for acting after his wife died' poo poo. But this one... oof, buddy.

he's a comedian, they're built different

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Saman posted:

Jake is the weakest part of the show and that's not a bad thing. Listen to the latest episode, they let the new trump impressionist guy go hog wild for over an hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Farm Frenzy posted:

titan ae owns idiot.