Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
The Moviebob stuff reminds me of when Moby wrote about his relationship with Natalie Portman in his memoir last year, and Portman called him out.

quote:

In the book, the musician, now 53, claims the pair dated when he was 33 and Portman was 20, after she met him backstage in Austin, Texas. He recounts going to parties in New York with her, and to see her at Harvard University, “kissing under the centuries-old oak trees. At midnight she brought me to her dorm room and we lay down next to each other on her small bed. After she fell asleep I carefully extracted myself from her arms and took a taxi back to my hotel.” He says that he then struggled with anxiety about their relationship: “It wanted one thing: for me to be alone … nothing triggered my panic attacks more than getting close to a woman I cared about.” Later, he writes: “For a few weeks I had tried to be Natalie’s boyfriend, but it hadn’t worked out,” writing that she called to tell him she had met someone else.
Portman disputes Moby’s account. “I was surprised to hear that he characterised the very short time that I knew him as dating because my recollection is a much older man being creepy with me when I just had graduated high school,” she told Harper’s Bazaar. “He said I was 20; I definitely wasn’t. I was a teenager. I had just turned 18. There was no fact-checking from him or his publisher – it almost feels deliberate.”
Moby has responded to her comments, posting a picture of them together on Instagram, and saying that her account “confused me, as we did, in fact, date. And after briefly dating in 1999 we remained friends for years. I like Natalie, and I respect her intelligence and activism. But, to be honest, I can’t figure out why she would actively misrepresent the truth about our (albeit brief) involvement.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kevin DuBrow posted:

The Moviebob stuff reminds me of when Moby wrote about his relationship with Natalie Portman in his memoir last year, and Portman called him out.

Between that and Jonathan Safran Foer ending his marriage because she was nice to him over email, it's weird to be Natalie Portman.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/RepAndyBiggsAZ/status/1326916560691339270

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Josef bugman posted:

That's just Shane Madej.
heh.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Push El Burrito posted:

Ahh well maybe he will learn a lesson? At least he didn't try the "that's not who I am" bullshit every other non-apology has.

Nah. He's spent years doing things from arguing in support of something vaguely close to eugenics (in the "We shouldn't allow white Republicans to breed" kind of way) to asking if it's been enough years since 1939 for Germany to invade Poland and get rid of Duda. He was recently in the thread for defending Jeff Bezos while saying he's not actually defending him by insisting that he's just callous about his workers and not evil.

He's one of those leftists who's ostensibly on the right side but extremely dumb and creepy. He'll always "move on" from past offenses just so he can find new ones to make.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Annabel Pee posted:

Not sure if Idiots on Social Media, but need to post it somewhere. I sell art on eBay and got this message after I refused to give the guy any free stuff:

You work on commision, right? Big mistake! Big! HUGE!

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
https://imgur.com/r/ShitWehraboosSay/ZAnpeAX

Banzai?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Charlie Moore is not the idiot.

https://twitter.com/socalledcharlie/status/1326885807140052994?s=20

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

chitoryu12 posted:

to asking if it's been enough years since 1939 for Germany to invade Poland and get rid of Duda.

Half of Poland is asking that on a daily basis my dude

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I know there was that tweet Alton Brown made about voting republican but he deleted a bunch of his tweets so this is the most recent one

I wish someone had screenshots of what he had said between then because hoo boy the pivot to apologizing about bringing up the holocaust

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

He was having a normal one and tweeting about being sent to the Trump gulags after the coup for being a disloyal republican. It was absolutely in bad taste but not quite the anti-Semitism some people are trying to make it out to be.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

FirstAidKite posted:

I know there was that tweet Alton Brown made about voting republican but he deleted a bunch of his tweets so this is the most recent one

I wish someone had screenshots of what he had said between then because hoo boy the pivot to apologizing about bringing up the holocaust

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
TBF I think it's funny if you imagine Muppet Alton saying it

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1326993304043614209

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Annabel Pee posted:

Not sure if Idiots on Social Media, but need to post it somewhere. I sell art on eBay and got this message after I refused to give the guy any free stuff:

Am I missing something or is this guy boasting that he's kind of a big deal and claiming to personally owning a cool $32k as evidence of that?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The Moon Monster posted:

Am I missing something or is this guy boasting that he's kind of a big deal and claiming to personally owning a cool $32k as evidence of that?

If your family is worth $134M and your savings as an adult is $32K, then you are not very close to the financial centre of gravity of your family’s enterprises. (Nobody whose immediate family is worth that much would say “$134M” either; that level of precision is for smaller holdings and celebrity-tracking sites.)

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Subjunctive posted:

If your family is worth $134M and your savings as an adult is $32K, then you are not very close to the financial centre of gravity of your family’s enterprises. (Nobody whose immediate family is worth that much would say “$134M” either; that level of precision is for smaller holdings and celebrity-tracking sites.)

I suppose he could just mean that he has $32k in his Savings account, like that's just his liquid assets. But that still seems pretty weird to me.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Anybody who brags about having $32k in any capacity is not rich.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Alton what the gently caress

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Why do people keep reading that guys feed? He seems to have went off the deep end

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

:stonk:

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/84718394762465281

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/chimericide/status/1324402557582745602?s=19

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

What happens to the whole cuckdom thing if you're not actually interested in getting married?

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
the japanese term "netorare" can apply to any form of romantic relationship and sex outside of it, not just marriage and having children specifically, it is a far more flexible term thusly

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

StillFullyTerrible posted:

the japanese term "netorare" can apply to any form of romantic relationship and sex outside of it, not just marriage and having children specifically, it is a far more flexible term thusly
isn't that the "NTR" that's apparently a huge "issue" in, well, harem games

because apparently it's a big problem if any waifu targets hook up with someone other than the player's character because How Dare They, i guess

no i will not go into further detail

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

FFT posted:

because apparently it's a big problem if any waifu targets hook up with someone other than the player's character because How Dare They, i guess

That's some serious Trap Sprung™ poo poo.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

yeah, not happy about this, thanks for quoting it all lol

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

FFT posted:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

look Doki Doki Literature Club was a neat game okay

and being entirely too-online has penalties in the form of cursed knowledge

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

that would only apply if they were already dating you but then hooked up with someone else, because it requires there to be a romantic relationship for there to be sex outside of.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

well i'm not an authority on it so i'll take your word for it

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

i write smut on commission, knowing the terminology is part of my job

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

The first half a loving sentence had me nodding along and going "oh, I must be in the good tweets thread" and then it took a hard loving turn. I was all prepared for a thoughtful analysis of how toxic masculinity drives anti-maskers because our lovely capitalist society has deprived their lives and work of any meaning. Instead we got that puke.

Like, the rest of the sentence should have been:

quote:

The COVID crisis is really a masculinity crisis: one where the ideals of independence, aggression, and otherization have stopped our society's ability to properly respond to the virus.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

xtal posted:

Why do people keep reading that guys feed? He seems to have went off the deep end

You just answered your own question.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

mods please rename FFT to NTR

tia

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Annabel Pee posted:

Message Back

"Do you also have an Uncle who works at Nintendo?" And nothing else.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Karia posted:

The first half a loving sentence had me nodding along and going "oh, I must be in the good tweets thread" and then it took a hard loving turn. I was all prepared for a thoughtful analysis of how toxic masculinity drives anti-maskers because our lovely capitalist society has deprived their lives and work of any meaning. Instead we got that puke.

Like, the rest of the sentence should have been:
The replies are batshit crazy too:
https://twitter.com/lesliejmarshall/status/1324383400174780416

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Idiots on Social Media: Most people haven't even been stabbed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
This guy probably like cut his hand dicking around with a pocket knife and he’s made that his brutal superman origin story.