Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Jedi: no loving.

Also Jedi: big into tracking heredity and bloodlines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herostratus
May 1, 2013
Should have gone the Bene Gesserit route and made it all about loving and bloodlines TBH.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think Obi-Wan and Anakin having a too-equal relationship might have been part of the problem. Qui-Gon would have done a much better job training him, but Obi-Wan ended up with the problem of too young/immature parents who are more like friends to their children than actual parents. It's no wonder Palpatine was able to play Anakin like a fiddle. The same old story, neglected boys whose emotional needs aren't met are just waiting to be radicalised.

From Qui-Gon to QAnon: The Anakin Skywalker Unauthorized Biography

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

TheCenturion posted:

Jedi: no loving.

Also Jedi: big into tracking heredity and bloodlines.

Jedi Master J'ffry Ep'steen

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/themandalorian/status/1326585377407324160

I know someone was wondering about concept art, so probably best to keep an eye on the Mando twitter

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If Disney does not release Mando on blu ray I will be very disappointed.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Love to see LFL employees making tasteless welfare jokes and transphobic comments about people's very real unsettlement with "The Child eating a mother's eggs"

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Arcsquad12 posted:

If Disney does not release Mando on blu ray I will be very disappointed.

gently caress Blue-Ray. We want 4K Mando.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah i rewatched the episode to see if I felt differently the second time and I actively dislike BaeYo in this episode and the way he smears spider blood and guts all over his face is extremely gross and hosed up.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah i rewatched the episode to see if I felt differently the second time and I actively dislike BaeYo in this episode and the way he smears spider blood and guts all over his face is extremely gross and hosed up.

Babies actually do tend to be extremely gross and hosed up.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is carnivore baby the Red Wedding moment for Mandalorian?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Everyone posted:

Babies actually do tend to be extremely gross and hosed up.

He's 50, no excuses

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Eat the pennies, Baby Yoda

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

jivjov posted:

Love to see LFL employees making tasteless welfare jokes and transphobic comments about people's very real unsettlement with "The Child eating a mother's eggs"

... god dammit I’ll bite.

What the gently caress is this about?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I have confidence that the writers have a plan for the cannibal Baby Yoda plot arc, and it's not just a poorly thought out gag.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Hazo posted:

Don't bite. It's poisonous.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I thought I remember hearing years ago it was supposed to be okay for Jedi to gently caress, they just couldn't get attached.

The Jedi and Snoop Dogg have the exact same ethical code

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bust Rodd posted:

Lmfao

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sash! posted:

Eat the pennies, Baby Yoda

Listen to your sidekick, baby Yoda.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Hazo posted:

Pablo Hidalgo made a very in poor taste joke about frog lady and welfare.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Pablo Hidalgo made a very in poor taste joke about frog lady and welfare.

Screencaps?
I couldn't find anything about it, but chuds whining about SJWs in their Star Wars.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Desperado Bones posted:

Screencaps?
I couldn't find anything about it, but chuds whining about SJWs in their Star Wars.

https://twitter.com/xspaceangelsx/status/1326911039204700166?s=20

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

poisonpill posted:

The Jedi and Snoop Dogg have the exact same ethical code

There's a reason Samuel L Jackson wanted to play one despite the lack of lines with "mother-fucker" in them.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Pablo Hidalgo is pretty funny lol

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

The welfare joke isn't funny, and I don't get the gender fluid comment, but otherwise the general sentiment of "I don't get why people are so against the baby eating poo poo they shouldn't" makes sense.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

The welfare joke isn't funny, and I don't get the gender fluid comment, but otherwise the general sentiment of "I don't get why people are so against the baby eating poo poo they shouldn't" makes sense.

Agree with the first and second parts, but the rest of that sentence didn't make sense to me.

...the general sentiment of "I don't get why people are so against the baby eating poo poo they shouldn't" makes sense. What exactly does that mean?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Like a handful of other goons in this thread, they think people getting upset/weirded out by Baby Yoda eating Frog Lady's spawn is amusing.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

It's not super surprising that the people who are unable to empathize with people's feelings are the ones not understanding empathizing with Frogmom.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's funny if you've had a baby because babies do that poo poo and after you've gone through it is hilarious when it's somebody else's baby doing that poo poo

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Thanks a lot!

Egg jokes: Eh. Whatever.

Welfare joke: NO.

Gender joke: Gringy (why he made that joke? Because some fans, jokingly or earnestly -I don't know-, have said that we actually don't know what gender the Child really is, and we don't know how many genders exist in Yoda's race.)

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Nov 13, 2020

radlum
May 13, 2013

Mandrel posted:

old EU canon was Obi-Wan definitely hosed on the low but nobody knew, including Anakin. I always liked that as a character note. it’s perfectly hypocritical and dogmatically aesthetic. and the tragedy being that it means Padme was right, he really would have understood what her and Anakin were going through, and if he’d been honest and humble in that part of his humanity with Anakin instead of trying to be both the image of Perfect Jedi Master scold parent and buddy buddy brother, Anakin would’ve come to him for help or believed Padme when she suggested it.

everything about Anakin reflects an utter failure of the Jedi Order and Obi-Wan in particular, and there’s a million points where they could’ve turned left on their gently caress up but instead slammed the gas. Obi Wan also getting into strange is super appropriate for what a prick he was

I kind of like to think that Obi Wan got over his feelings for Satyne (or at least, leave it as UST and nothing else) and thought that since Anakin was his padawan, he would end up getting over his feelings for Padme as well.

Also, the whole "you were like a brother" thing says a lot about how Obi Wan saw Anakin as his (younger) peer and not like his student/surrogate son.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

radlum posted:

I kind of like to think that Obi Wan got over his feelings for Satyne (or at least, leave it as UST and nothing else) and thought that since Anakin was his padawan, he would end up getting over his feelings for Padme as well.

Also, the whole "you were like a brother" thing says a lot about how Obi Wan saw Anakin as his (younger) peer and not like his student/surrogate son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiJiqHhe8AU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

sharing this, for all the goons, some latinx humor. I hope some of you know what the tingo lilingo is.

It reads: "Little Yoda, baby of light and love".

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lmao at calling unfertilised eggs "babies"

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Everyone posted:

...the general sentiment of "I don't get why people are so against the baby eating poo poo they shouldn't" makes sense. What exactly does that mean?

teagone posted:

Like a handful of other goons in this thread, they think people getting upset/weirded out by Baby Yoda eating Frog Lady's spawn is amusing.

No, I don't find it amusing. I've said it a few times, but it's clearly not a good act. It's dark comedy in the moment and clearly in line with and adding to other dark acts that Baby Yoda's witnessed and taken part of. Mando's an awful parent. It's appears to me as if it was meant to rub you the wrong way. I thought it was funny, I also empathised with Frog Lady and acknowledge how hosed up that was.

We'll have to see if this gets followed up on at all, if this is foreshadowing of Baby Yoda being The Worst Baby or if it really was just intended to be comedy that didn't play right with some, but I think the discomfort was intended.

SirSamVimes posted:

Lmao at calling unfertilised eggs "babies"

Their goal is to get them fertilised, so

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Once Anakin became a knight he and Obi wan were basically bros for the rest of the clone wars instead of master and student.

Also Anakin ended up on the masters council with Obi wan so they were definitely peers at the end.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I think it's honestly just meant for parents who can relate. Who I guess make up the lion's share of plus subscribers. Like literally every modern parent has had a "OMFG what did you just put in your mouth! Stop it!" moment.

That's who that was written for. Not goons who've memorized Wookepdia

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Leveraging Baby Yoda's wacky cuteness for dark comedy is fine; like him force choking Gina Carano. That poo poo is great. It's the context with Frog Lady that pushes it beyond dark humor imo, and it does so in a bad way. The whole egg eating feels needlessly cruel and weird with how innocent and desperate Frog Lady's character was written to be... If it turns out she's part of some like crime family, then whatever lol.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t care about anyone’s bloodline. Blood lines are stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

the eggs aren’t real