Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
fedman is an insanely stupid and aggressive individual so I imagine this is basically what it looks like. remember when someone’s a fed it doesn’t mean they got groomed like the winter soldier. it means they got picked up for some crime and then the government said “hey we won’t come down on you so hard but you gotta ease off the throttle in these specific areas and occasionally feed us a low level drug dealer or violent psycho.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I mean the extend of his recruitment was probably the FBI telling him that he lied to them in a previous interview and now he has to wear a wire and tour the country meeting with all the local fascist groups or else he goes to prison for the rest of his life. We don't even know if he's still being an informant or if this is just the kind of thing he's drawn to once he's off the leash.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I feel like it's the kind of thing that might be a cliché movie plot — heroic freedom fighter / guerrilla leader is secretly in the pay of the evil government who wants to use his group as a scapegoat to consolidate the dictator's power, by leading an insurrection that they can then put down to great public applause

I don't know quite how Cool the Zone is that we're in right now

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

this is not the first time the leader of a white supremacist group has been a federal informant, like George Dorsett or Gary Thomas Rowe

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

LordSaturn posted:

this is not the first time the leader of a white supremacist group has been a federal informant, like George Dorsett or Gary Thomas Rowe
Chris Wray.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Data Graham posted:

I must not understand how government stings work because what, now we have a fed asset leading a militia group and planning and directing the execution of riots

All according to keikaku?

strategy of tension

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

This just means the feds can pull the plug on the proud boys whenever they want.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

I think he's a fed and I think that if one of the goals is to splinter into oblivion the Proud Boys this is a pretty great way to do it. All the groups that are actually successful while still pushing the degeneracy and white supremacy poo poo are full of middle aged dentists and boomer retirees and SBOs, the young fash seem to not prioritize those things very highly since it's never really resonated with them

that said I think it's equally likely this is Fedman just being so mad at McInnes about something incredibly stupid that he's lashing out at him by staging a dumbass coup
i'm not sure based fedman has any real authority or role in the proud boys. but most people who are going to hear about that are not going to understand the difference between him or any of these other jabronis. so if the government wants these guys off the streets because there's an incoming democratic administration, then maybe he's useful to divide / splinter / drag the proud boys in the media then that's one way to do it.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

LordSaturn posted:

the guy who runs the loyal white knights offshoot of the klan is known to have been an fbi informant in 2012, has been arrested dozens of times since with no prison time, prime suspect in federal hate crimes, etc. he started his own group because he says the quiet parts so loud none of the other groups want anything to do with him. doesnt seem much different than chapman's current behavior

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
https://twitter.com/timothywjohnson/status/1326984472806486016

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
https://twitter.com/NicoleConlan/status/1326928011963195397

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Azathoth posted:

I haven't seen one, but ... is there anything really funny there?

SJW computer touchers have been ripping the piss out of Parler's inability to run a website

https://twitter.com/lilsarg/status/1326288744081657861

if you speak computer toucher, you will lol

quote:

Part of Parler's commitment to your privacy and data security means that we build almost everything in-house, coded from scratch. We avoid using off-the-rack solutions or outsourcing to Silicon Valley as much as possible

What this means is that instead of using one of the several battle-hardened twitter clones out there (e.g. Identica or Mastodon) and then customising it, they're spending amazing amounts of money on writing their own from scratch, for no good reason.

Even Gab used the Mastodon code, without catching SJW cooties from it.

The "outsourcing" claim has the minor issue that Parler is hosted at AWS, rather than e.g. self-hosting, which would actually do what he's claiming (and be a slightly less inane excuse for not scaling).

Kubernetes? More like cuck-bernetes am i rite

Oh, and their lovely hand-rolled Twitter clone is all but unusable for their actual target audience. "Captcha should be called gotcha." Looks like they didn't bother testing on an iPad.

divabot has issued a correction as of 23:38 on Nov 12, 2020

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

How is this not a cutscene in a Sega CD game?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrEPgrU_8zA

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

how can we be certain that it isn't, and we simply can't tell because we're on the wrong side of the fourth wall?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

divabot posted:

SJW computer touchers have been ripping the piss out of Parler's inability to run a website

What this means is that instead of using one of the several battle-hardened twitter clones out there (e.g. Identica or Mastodon) and then customising it, they're spending amazing amounts of money on writing their own from scratch, for no good reason.

Even Gab used the Mastodon code, without catching SJW cooties from it.

The "outsourcing" claim has the minor issue that Parler is hosted at AWS, rather than e.g. self-hosting, which would actually do what he's claiming (and be a slightly less inane excuse for not scaling).

Kubernetes? More like cuck-bernetes am i rite

Oh, and their lovely hand-rolled Twitter clone is all but unusable for their actual target audience. "Captcha should be called gotcha." Looks like they didn't bother testing on an iPad.

Lmao holy poo poo, that's like Musk level hubris

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

INCREDIBLE. It's perfect in every way.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

https://i.imgur.com/E3JFvPR.mp4

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

God bless you, every one!

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

im excited for the inevitable news stories about proud boys killing each other

honestly its always great when there's infighting on the right, since they're basically just doing our work for us

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wonder if it would be a worthwhile pursuit for leftists to infiltrate rightwing online spaces and try to sow infighting? no idea how effective it would be compared to them just doing it on their own though

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Kanine posted:

i wonder if it would be a worthwhile pursuit for leftists to infiltrate rightwing online spaces and try to sow infighting? no idea how effective it would be compared to them just doing it on their own though

Honestly they seem to be pretty fully infiltrated already, and most of the doxx stuff about them is one of their friends betraying them by running off to a prominent antifascist twitter account and just handing poo poo over.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 225 days!

Kanine posted:

i don't think we're going to outdo the cia/fbi/etc on that one

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Kanine posted:

there's absolutely no chance we could outdo them on their own, and in fact the instinctive sense of solidarity felt by anyone left of center would marginally increase the cohesiveness of any right wing space they infiltrate

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Kanine posted:

The whole "it's rape threats all the way down" thread title came from how all these alt right men will constantly threaten to rape women and when caught for some poo poo will immediately turn on all their friends and allies to avoid punishment. It's like a reverse terror cell where everyone knows all the crimes everyone else did and uses that as currency with the police/feds to try and avoid jail time.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

pentyne posted:

The whole "it's rape threats all the way down" thread title came from how all these alt right men will constantly threaten to rape women and when caught for some poo poo will immediately turn on all their friends and allies to avoid punishment. It's like a reverse terror cell where everyone knows all the crimes everyone else did and uses that as currency with the police/feds to try and avoid jail time.

gently caress Bitcoin, I'm investing in fascist tears.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

divabot posted:

What this means is that instead of using one of the several battle-hardened twitter clones out there (e.g. Identica or Mastodon) and then customising it, they're spending amazing amounts of money on writing their own from scratch, for no good reason..

Isn't that going to make their security far more brittle and penetrable?

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Cpt_Obvious posted:

heres another because i love this gimmick

https://i.imgur.com/jqj8cyc.mp4

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Kanine posted:

they do so as a result of a failure, so just make them fail from the outside

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Running into a fash circle in order to scream that anyone who isn't straight or white is degeneracy corrupting the western male is tempting, but they have created systems of social shields and deflections to stop that from happening. they want to use their tokens as a tool, everyone already knows the score (we throw them away when we take power) and the minorities lie to themselves (I'm one of the good ones, they'll accept me.). fash are already sharpening their knives, they don't need a grindstone but a black eye.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Long Knives Syndrome is a naturally occurring phenomenon, and it's brought to the surface by humiliation. i.e. any time they lose a fight and look like dipshits

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cpt_Obvious posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zc7TWNjNM8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsN4SGi2Sig

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/leftistthot420/status/1182455241654054914

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Giga Gaia posted:

heres another because i love this gimmick

https://i.imgur.com/jqj8cyc.mp4

place the goddam defense structure that finished building aahhhh

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDOwK8wn__U

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
This is still.my favourite for all the random noises he makes on his show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Q72qYWxKQ

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

There's something so special about Alex Jones. Maybe it's the insanity, maybe it's the voice straight out of Wrestlemania, maybe it's the exuberance, maybe it's the whole package together. But listening to him for more than 5 minutes and fills me with confusion and incredulity. He's a parody of himself, an escapee from a fictional world, and these memes banish him back from whence he came.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
His mannerisms do feel like they are Kayfabe, they are so over the top.

And yeah, I could totally see him being some character in a Westwood Studios game alongside other C-listers.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Panfilo posted:

His mannerisms do feel like they are Kayfabe, they are so over the top.

And yeah, I could totally see him being some character in a Westwood Studios game alongside other C-listers.

How dare you suggest that Joe Kucan is anything but a Hollywood legend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

*Huh? Do you have ligma?