Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Riot issued an official statement regarding it. I have a hard time seeing the suit making any headway in court.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Vermain posted:

Riot issued an official statement regarding it. I have a hard time seeing the suit making any headway in court.

I don't see resemblance after reading the article tbh. Yeah Seraphine has pink hair and wears glasses sometimes. . . But aside from this, looks nothing like the woman

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I think it’s a pretty clear resemblance, however, goon face-blindness is a thing and no goon is to be trusted when it comes to evaluating similarity or likeness between faces

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

gay_crimes posted:

I think it’s a pretty clear resemblance, however, goon face-blindness is a thing and no goon is to be trusted when it comes to evaluating similarity or likeness between faces
including you?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

gay_crimes posted:

https://text.npr.org/702063209

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

including you?

yes

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
"Man Inadvertently Proves That Hipsters Look Alike By Mistaking Photo As Himself"

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/10/702063209/man-inadvertently-proves-that-hipsters-look-alike-by-mistaking-photo-as-himself

Is what you meant to post

strong bird
May 12, 2009

i used my, quite frankly, frighteningly powerful brain to remember a previously experienced event, namely the guy making a character based off his wife in the video game he works on, to then determine that the quite generic looking white woman with hipster glasses and pink hair was probably not the inspiration for this character; the quite generic looking asian woman with hipster glasses and pink hair (aforementioned Wife) likely was.

strong bird fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Nov 13, 2020

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
Then I guess her lawyer is gonna have their work cut out for them?
And a paycheck.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Pink hair and glasses, how unique

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t give a poo poo if it’s shaky allegations. I’m never siding with Riot on anything. gently caress them.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

i mean this is a company who every time they make a black champ they have a gun or can move fast so even if this were true, which it isnt, its almost a non-factor in their creative bankruptcy

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

strong bird posted:

i mean this is a company who every time they make a black champ they have a gun or can move fast so even if this were true, which it isnt, its almost a non-factor in their creative bankruptcy

tbf that second one is every champion released after 2016

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I take pictures with my cat

...am I Seraphine?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Firebert posted:

I take pictures with my cat

...am I Seraphine?

Congratulations on your future payout

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

We are all Seraphine on this blessed day.

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
The real Seraphine was the corporate Twitter accounts we befriended along the way.

uwu

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
this is the real wife story of the day anyway

https://twitter.com/AshleyKang/status/1326873885262848002

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
iirc this isn't the first time that riot has just stolen some actual person's appearance for a character design but it's the first time they've done it because some dev bro couldn't score

also lol at riot's statement. "we investigated ourselves and found no evidence of wrongdoing" is some police union poo poo

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
goons can take solace that they make the exact same "i have a cat, maybe i'm seraphine??" jokes gamergate dudes are making under the official statement.

riot has had an amazing track record with treatment of women though so i'm sure they didn't do anything wrong.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
saying "this incredibly generic, boring, garbage champion design is based off of me specifically!" is an enormous self-own actually

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Kazinsal posted:

also lol at riot's statement. "we investigated ourselves and found no evidence of wrongdoing" is some police union poo poo

agreed that the mean video game company saying a person hasn't worked there for more than a year and wasn't even in a creative department is the same as police brutality coverups

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
I believe her and I hope she gets a payout.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i mean if riot is lying about the guy 1) not having worked there since before they designed seraphine and 2) not working on champion design i think it would be pretty easy to figure out

but they're probably super stupid and lied about it anyway

edit: i mean her lawyer will absolutely destroy them if thats the case

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Nov 13, 2020

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

the dude probably worked on loot crate animations or some poo poo

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

ungulateman posted:

saying "this incredibly generic, boring, garbage champion design is based off of me specifically!" is an enormous self-own actually

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
I think Riot stole my likeness.

For Mundo.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

porfiria posted:

I think Riot stole my likeness.

For Mundo.

No, that was for old Kog'Maw.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Max Coveri posted:

I believe her and I hope she gets a payout.

hope she sees this bro

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Marin Karin posted:

goons can take solace that they make the exact same "i have a cat, maybe i'm seraphine??" jokes gamergate dudes are making under the official statement.

hmm I wonder why goons would make the same jokes as dumb misogynists hmm

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Did this girl commit genocide also because she might have a case.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Yo why is this thread so chuddy?

strong bird
May 12, 2009

could you explain what you mean or are you satisfied just using some stupid made up buzzword to dismiss anyone who doesnt agree with you

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

gay_crimes posted:

Yo why is this thread so chuddy?

they spent too much money on corporate parasocial egirl waifu and need to defend their poor choices

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Pussy Quipped posted:

Did this girl commit genocide also because she might have a case.

well she is white

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

funny coincidences happen but claiming that the likeness isn't pretty drat stark is lol it's more than just pink hair + glasses

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
It's always kinds dumb when some person goes "hey this character from a megacorp company kinda looks like me!" I mean, even if so, does it really matter?

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
this thread got outrageously bad over the course of this evening so im here to svae it by reporting that jungle is finally saved

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7Kra26vj-E&t=55s

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Played 2 games of ARAM and found that tabbing to check enemy items was pointless, didnt understand a thing!!

Samira with shieldbow + bloodthirster was disgusting
Jhin with DH Eclipse -> Collector -> IE -> Lord Dom felt strong

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Nov 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I'm finding that gargoyle stoneplate may actually be a top tier mage item now - It's super slot efficient, gives you ability haste (which other mage items don't... really seem to have all that much of, to be honest) and additionally the active on it is arguably better than zhonyas in some situations - If you have any amount of bonus HP (from say morellos or tylais or demonic embrace) you're getting that as a shield on top of the 60 mr and armour, which could be like 1500 effective HP with resists.

Like if you're *only* against champs with physical damage zhonyas is probably better, and if you're against champs with choreographed skills like zed, it certainly is. but for general purpose use where you don't specifically need banshees or zhonyas to counter one of their champs it seems really, really strong.