Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

What sick gently caress ported lococycle to anything, my god.

You can no longer play the Bones best true exclusive, Xbox Fitness so I don't think that counts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah I more was talking about not Kinect/fitness games. I always assumed Halo 5 was on PC, that's interesting!
Knowing 343, it'll drop on Steam in 2035

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah I more was talking about not Kinect/fitness games. I always assumed Halo 5 was on PC, that's interesting!
Knowing 343, it'll drop on Steam in 2035

Halo 5 and Forza Motorsport 6 are kind of odd because they both have these weird incomplete versions on PC. Halo 5 has a mode that's just Forge, and on PC there's Forza Motorsport 6: Apex (not even sure if it's still playable) that was a Windows Store F2P stripped-down version of Forza Motorsport 6.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

5 is coming fully soon i imagine. 4 is on pc either now or really soon iirc.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Skate 3 is a next gen bone exclusive

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Don Lapre posted:

Skate 3 is a next gen bone exclusive

It's seriously so great on the series x

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

AlmightyBob posted:

It's seriously so great on the series x

I love skate and with the enhancement and quick resume its legit so dope now. Imagine owning a console that doesn't have skate 3 or a web browser.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I'm pretty sure devs are increasing prices on their backwards compatibility games.

50 Australian dollars for Sonic and Knuckles?!

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
The dramatic strike through price being displayed next to the new price ONLY works if the strikethrough price was HIGHER

Real hurthling! posted:

Lol if someone reported me going off for a laugh. Im only having fun guys relax

quote from an old man caught exposing his old genitals to families in the park. Everyone has their own idea of fun

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

ethanol posted:

why would you get an xbox if you have a pc

pc is for work, console is for game.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

John F Bennett posted:

pc is for work, console is for game.

pc hooked up to the tv in the living room owns and does everything a xbox does better

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Bad Parenting posted:

pc hooked up to the tv in the living room owns and does everything a xbox does better

PCs are for hackers, nerds, and pedophiles.

Consoles are for cool guys that just fancy a game every now and then.

These are universally accepted truths.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

ethanol posted:

why would you get an xbox if you have a pc

I bought an Xbox One S like three months ago because I didn't have a Blu-Ray player attached to my TV, and because I wanted to play old Rare games and other old re-releases for the Xbox consoles which aren't on PC (Metal Gear Solid 3, Castlevania: SOTN).

If the Xbox Series S had a Blu-Ray player, I'd be kind of regretting my purchase, but it doesn't so I don't really feel that bad about buying an older console. I don't think I really would use the capabilities of the Xbox Series X, and it may be a while before I actually get to playing an Xbox One generation game on my Xbox One anyway.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Crafty posted:

Also boomers play games on a pc.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

John F Bennett posted:

Also boomers play games on a pc.

Harking back to the good old days when they used to wind their game tapes by hand with a rusty biro.

"Let me tell you, we didn't even HAVE a UI for them to put their silly advertisements on!"

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Bad Parenting posted:

Only costs about 5x the price too!

I have a pretty old gaming pc and I got an Xbox and ps5 instead of upgrading, and it was cheaper than upgrading my gpu alone (and I need to upgrade more than my GPU at this point)

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Plus I’ll be honest my wife would kill me if I put my ugly rear end glowy blue LED box in the living room

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Crafty posted:

Do not accuse PC owners of being pedophiles, come on Crafty.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

computer, what is Hyperbole

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Plus I’ll be honest my wife would kill me if I put my ugly rear end glowy blue LED box in the living room

The series x pretty much looks like a pc tower at this point so what's the difference?

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
I put together my last PC for just under $600 shortly before Covid hit and it runs everything I toss at it. Got a great VR kit for $220 too. Computers will always be my favorite, especially for strategy games and most RPGs. That said, anything with a controller feels better on a couch + tv for me, and in my house moving the PC near the tv isn't convenient. Plus there are some games that don't come out on PC. Not a lot, but it's nice having all my bases covered.

Different topic. I find it odd that there's an avatar editor on the new consoles, but (from what I can tell) it doesn't surface anywhere but on friend lists, or maybe as a way to take a picture for your icon. I kind of want this little weirdo to stand around on my home screen.

Corin Tucker's Stalker fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Nov 13, 2020

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

kecske posted:

computer, what is Hyperbole

I do not care if it is hyperbole. Calling people pedophiles on this site is something we just do not do.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I didn't buy the Xbox I won it (also my pc is old)

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I shouldn’t download master chief collection right? They’re gonna release an X/S version that will need to be downloaded again?

Also it is 120gb

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tetris Effect crashes 100% of the time dolphins appear on screen so I know now the anti-tetromino

I shouldn’t download master chief collection right? They’re gonna release an X/S version that will need to be downloaded again?

Also it is 120gb

It releases on the 17th so Id wait till then to see what new and disastrous way 343 can gently caress it up.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Also it is 120gb

The new versions meant to launch on the 17th so I guess you might as well wait. Hopefully its not delayed. Personally I'd download it twice, but I don't have a data cap and I'm impatient.

It already runs so much better on series X, there's huge FPS stability improvement over the original One performance for sure.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Do people still play the older Halo games (2-3) online multiplayer? Is such a thing even possible?

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

The series x is cheap and is basically a pc I can hook up to my tv and is the size of a shoebox. Why the gently caress would I buy a pc and spend energy cramming all that poo poo in a tiny box for more money than this dumb MS product.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

VideoGames posted:

Do not accuse PC owners of being pedophiles, come on Crafty.
Seeing you pop in this thread means that someone must have reported that post, in which case, lmao.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

John F Bennett posted:

Do people still play the older Halo games (2-3) online multiplayer? Is such a thing even possible?

Yea. Not a ton but even on PC I’ve never not been able to find a match of halo 1-3.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

John F Bennett posted:

The multiplayer browser allows you to select single games or combinations from (Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2/ Halo 2: Anniversary, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Reach, and Halo 4) , game size (1v1 to 8v8) and gametype (objectives, slayer etc).

Right now I only choose Halo 2, Halo 2 anniversary and Halo 3 for 8v8 (all game types). I never wait more than a minute for a game lobby.

MCC was a poo poo show when it launched, but its genuinely amazing now. Halo 2 Anniversary is really good, I'd never played it before.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

My mind was blown when I realised Halo doesn't, and never had, multiplayer bots. I could have sworn on my life we used to play with bots back on 360 Halo 3 days but my brain must be mush.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I'm glad everyone is enjoying their consoles and I am excited to get mine 😁

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

To be fair, most convicted pedophiles were in posession of one or more PCs.

Possibly also Playstations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The charge on my credit card disappeared and Microsoft hasnt shipped my console yet. :( glad I got my PS5 last night at least.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

uncle blog posted:

To be fair, most convicted pedophiles were in posession of one or more PCs.

I would not choose this posting hill in particular to die on.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

uncle blog posted:

Nah, the PS5 doesn't have a browser.

My Xbox Series X really reminded me of PC gaming yesterday, my game crashed twice while I was playing Rainbow 6. Quite annoying

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Crafty posted:

Nah, the PS5 doesn't have a browser.

My Xbox Series X really reminded me of PC gaming yesterday, my game crashed twice while I was playing Rainbow 6. Quite annoying

What is weird about this is that the PS5 has a browser settings menu anyways.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

no Series X for me but I inherited a One X from a friend who did upgrade. Looking around online it seems pretty simple to replace the internal hdd with an ssd - is it worth doing or should I just plug in an external one? fwiw basically the only game I play is Destiny 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

kecske posted:

no Series X for me but I inherited a One X from a friend who did upgrade. Looking around online it seems pretty simple to replace the internal hdd with an ssd - is it worth doing or should I just plug in an external one? fwiw basically the only game I play is Destiny 2.

I believe you'll get basically the same (or possibly even slightly better) performance with external so probably not worth it if that's all you're doing and you don't mind an external drive hanging off it.