Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

404notfound posted:

I haven't really seen the benefits of Quick Resume so far. I've only played Valhalla and Skate 3 (since seeing somebody play the THPS remake recently got me feeling the itch for that again) on my Series S so far, and 3/4 times I flip back to Skate, it's a cold start. This is supposed to work with up to ~6 games?

I love it so far. My son was at my parents today and was talking about wanting to get back to the exact point in his lego game, and it worked perfectly (even in mid cutscene) with no cold boot after like 7 hours.

Tsietisin posted:

Why does MS keep advertising game pass as having 100 games on it when there are now 348 games on game pass?

Yeah, seriously that thing is amazing and I can't imagine not having it. It blows PS Now out of the water and that's not even counting the ability to buy so many OG Xbox and 360 games. After being solely in the PS ecosystem for years, it's amazing having a large part of the entire Xbox lineage available.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Laserface posted:

It's 2020.
This whole argument was dumb as gently caress in 2013 and it is still loving stupid.
Univbee gets hysterical about this every Xbox launch, the sony fans tweet has set him off again.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Anyone else getting crashes with Yakuza? It will just silently quit back to the Xbox menu every once in a while.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Nah I've been playing it pretty heavily and haven't had any issues.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

AlmightyBob posted:

Anyone else getting crashes with Yakuza? It will just silently quit back to the Xbox menu every once in a while.

I have had a few, but none since the update last night. I was having issues when going to the dashboard and reentering the game, specifically.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Laserface posted:

It's 2020.

Even if a little kid somehow was in possession of a bran new series X and was allowed to take it to his buddies place for a sleep over, his buddy is going to have internet.

There are few if any places you would bother taking a non-portable game console that do not have access to internet. Even then, everyone has a god drat phone with hot spot (except Americans who have to pay for that feature because phone companies hate you)

This whole argument was dumb as gently caress in 2013 and it is still loving stupid.

At least here there are a lot of cabin rental-type places where internet isn't available. But maybe that's just my area.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lol it’s 2020 and I still have to go into a games individual audio settings to enable 5.1 audio.

That poo poo should be system level ffs

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
But why is it okay to add online disk checks with no added benefit to the consumer? Like needing to activate online once is perfectly acceptable when the benefit is being able to download your game from the internet, but needing it for disks and already-activated digital games does nothing but inconvenience the customer.

Back when the world still existed, I’d go to weekly fighting game meetups. The venue has no WiFi, and the area we are given has no Ethernet anywhere. As the Xbox Sex works, every console would have to be activated off someone’s phone every power up. How does this do anything but detract from the experience?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

MarcusSA posted:

Lol it’s 2020 and I still have to go into a games individual audio settings to enable 5.1 audio.

That poo poo should be system level ffs
It is though?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Most of what these folks complain about is kind of nonsense and just console warrioring, from my perspective(like the only 3 games on series S stuff). But this one is a pretty fair criticism, if it indeed is limited in this way. Admittedly, the impact is probably relatively small, but it is worth talking about and confirming the details on.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

so has no one bothered to fully shutdown their series x, unplug a network cable, start it up and see if there's anything to these rumours? that shouldn't take more than 5m with a digital and physical check

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

American McGay posted:

It is though?

Yes it is but not every game respects it which is what I was saying.

I have had to change it for two games so far. From stereo to 5.1.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

so has no one bothered to fully shutdown their series x, unplug a network cable, start it up and see if there's anything to these rumours? that shouldn't take more than 5m with a digital and physical check
I did this just now and booted into Yakuza CD off of a cold boot with no internet connection, so I'm guessing this guy is just an idiot.

edit: Works perfectly with a downloaded 360 game and a Game Pass digital game (FH4) so either there was a stealth firmware update that fixed everything or that guy was just stupid and/or trying to stir poo poo.

American McGay fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Nov 12, 2020

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

American McGay posted:

edit: Works perfectly with a downloaded 360 game and a Game Pass digital game (FH4) so either there was a stealth firmware update that fixed everything or that guy was just stupid and/or trying to stir poo poo.

its probably stux or univbee running the account lol

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

American McGay posted:

I did this just now and booted into Yakuza CD off of a cold boot with no internet connection, so I'm guessing this guy is just an idiot.

I see in that thread now at least a few others have tested it and come to the conclusion that it was bunk as well. But he doesn't seem to be taking any of that in/changing his opinion based on that new info. So probably not someone you should trust anything from in the future either. More console warrioring.

It looks like all the same basics still apply from last gen. You have to be on your home console for digital titles to play offline, etc. And moving content from one console to another, like an external hard drive, the content needs to reregister/certify itself for the new console. This is again, something we already knew. A product like Rock Band with its thousands of individual pieces of DLC is a prime example of this. It isn't awesome, but it's not new.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Ok, So ordered my console from MS while watching the Launch stream as finding a preorder in the UK was loving impossible while working a fulltime job...

And I was charged today so with any luck it should arrive no later than Saturday (I hope).

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

American McGay posted:

King Burgundy posted:

I see in that thread now at least a few others have tested it and come to the conclusion that it was bunk as well. But he doesn't seem to be taking any of that in/changing his opinion based on that new info. So probably not someone you should trust anything from in the future either. More console warrioring.

Unironically glad to hear it's just this guy. Blocking them.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

King Burgundy posted:

It looks like all the same basics still apply from last gen. You have to be on your home console for digital titles to play offline, etc. And moving content from one console to another, like an external hard drive, the content needs to reregister/certify itself for the new console. This is again, something we already knew. A product like Rock Band with its thousands of individual pieces of DLC is a prime example of this. It isn't awesome, but it's not new.

I just checked and my Series X was not set as the "home" console, thanks for the info.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

My first ever Xbox

Game pass is cool.
Oops I ran out of space. It’s ok I plugged in an ssd

Oops the ssd ran out of space. I imagine this’ll get better as I get less curious about downloading every possible game on gamepass

I am constantly lost in the shop menus. There are many different ways to see games and sometimes they have filters and sometimes they do not even if they are the exact same list of game pass games. I can’t tell what is downloaded and what is downloading.

Forza is a cool game

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Zachack posted:

Any game made prior to at least 2000 should be public domain. Games from back then are largely valueless except to specific niche interests and the market that preys on that niche. Preservation is almost totally meaningless when it's locked in private collections or behind a legal barrier.
I would love to get Faery Tale Adventure on my Series X. And Wipeout XL/3.
Oh well, I guess until then I have my RetroPie arcade cabinet.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

My first ever Xbox

Game pass is cool.
Oops I ran out of space. It’s ok I plugged in an ssd

Oops the ssd ran out of space. I imagine this’ll get better as I get less curious about downloading every possible game on gamepass

Hey fellow digital downloader polluter!

I’n lucky I still had a 2tb one in my PS4 Pro to swap out.

I’m also happy that moving between cold storage for a game on an external drive to the internal hard drive is so quick. Honestly makes managing the storage a bit easier.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Gutcruncher posted:

But why is it okay to add online disk checks with no added benefit to the consumer?
It’s not, and don’t worry this hasn’t happened.

It was just univbee getting worked up by a random tweet about this console he doesn’t own.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I haven't interacted with the Xbox ecosystem much since the early days of the Xbox One, but streaming it to my phone is pretty dang cool. Although the S is small enough that I could just pack it up and bring it around without much effort

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The new phone streaming thing is really slick for casually playing your home console while you or your SO are watching something on the TV. I've used it to dick around in THPS while watching NFL games on a Sunday afternoon.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Microsoft release the Series S-Witch so I can take Yakuza 7 on the go

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gutcruncher posted:

But why is it okay to add online disk checks with no added benefit to the consumer?

Its not, but this thread isnt the forum for reality, its the forum for never-pc dead enders to talk about switching between games cause all they got served at launch is more ubisoft dreck

Meanwhile in pc land i already got gamepass and half the ps5 console launch exclusives with bugsnax and pathless and all it cost me was not buying xboxes every 3 years for 500 dollars

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Real hurthling! posted:

Its not, but this thread isnt the forum for reality, its the forum for never-pc dead enders to talk about switching between games cause all they got served at launch is more ubisoft dreck

Meanwhile in pc land i already got gamepass and half the ps5 console launch exclusives with bugsnax and pathless and all it cost me was not buying xboxes every 3 years for 500 dollars

Here it is, the worst post in the whole thread.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Real hurthling! posted:

:chloe:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

why would you get an xbox if you have a pc

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lmao at console warrioring in tyool 2020. Buy what you want, don’t buy what you don’t want.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ethanol posted:

Crimson Dragon.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Lmao at console warrioring in tyool 2020. Buy what you want, don’t buy what you don’t want.

Lol if someone reported me going off for a laugh. Im only having fun guys relax

crackhaed
Jan 18, 2005

From out of the basement,
a man doth emerge,
sweat on his brow,
for Efron the urge.
Are there any old Dance Dance Revolution games that can be downloaded or loaded onto a Series X?

If so, is old dance pad hardware supported?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

crackhaed posted:

Are there any old Dance Dance Revolution games that can be downloaded or loaded onto a Series X?

If so, is old dance pad hardware supported?

All of the main Bemani stuff is trapped on PS2 to this day. There was some Dance Dance Revolution Universe stuff on 360 but you need an actual 360 for that as well as any compatible hardware.

You might even need an Asian region Xbox for some stuff (unless you softmod).

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ethanol posted:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

univbee posted:

Crimson Dragon.

I own and beat Crimson Dragon and would very very much recommend against this.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Are Crimson Dragon and Rare Replay the only actual Bone exclusives?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I just realized we argued about this ages ago but as predicted Ori and the Will of the Whisps did indeed get a Switch bump in line with predictions and hit 93, making it critically better than Hollow Knight.

It is not a 93 much less a 90 game in my opinion.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Are Crimson Dragon and Rare Replay the only actual Bone exclusives?

Lococycle, too, I think.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden 2 are the eternal exclusives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Barudak posted:

Lococycle, too, I think.

Lococyle is on Steam, actually.

There are some really minor exclusives beyond that. Kinect stuff, Powerstar Golf, an lol random DLC pack for Dead Rising 3, Halo 5 technically, Forza Horizon 2 and Forza Motorsport 5 and 6. And then I guess miscellaneous 360 titles.